NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:
    To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome.
    https://twitter.com/#!/LAKings/status/1 ... 1210113025

:P :lol::lol:

:lol:

the way i see it ... it's pretty much a miracle anyone in LA actually knew what province vancouver was in! ... :lol::lol:
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    polaris_x wrote:
    Weber only gets a $2,500 fine. We were all wrong.

that's weak i say ...
    It's a pittance really for someone who makes as much as him.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    polaris_x wrote:

that's weak i say ...

Wow. What a fucking joke that is. No consistency at all to the fines/suspensions from Shanahan at all this season.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    polaris_x wrote:

that's weak i say ...

Wow. What a fucking joke that is. No consistency at all to the fines/suspensions from Shanahan at all this season.

Just like when Campbell was there

:fp:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

i just hate it when they look to see if the guy is injured or not before assessing the penalty ... i mean if i two-hand lumberjack a player and miss ... should i get less of a penalty!?? ... absurd ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I wasn't wrong. I said no suspension
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I wasn't wrong. I said no suspension
    my bad, I should have done some fact-checking before making my blanket statement.

All but one of us were wrong.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    good to know that grabbing your opponents head and shoving it into the boards isn't that big of a deal

isn't this the same nhl that's trying to stop concussions? :fp: :roll:
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:

i just hate it when they look to see if the guy is injured or not before assessing the penalty ... i mean if i two-hand lumberjack a player and miss ... should i get less of a penalty!?? ... absurd ...

You are right injury should not matter...what they have to do is look at the whole play and just before that Zetterberg checked Weber from behind with a cross check...so if your going to play that way against another player you have to expect retaliation. I think in this case Weber was over the top...but I was not surprised at a decision of no suspension...for that matter I think the Wings were not surprised either...just sayin...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    norm wrote:

I had a good laugh. It's just good natured ribbing, but of course TSN is gonna blow it way out of proportion.
    norm wrote:

I had a good laugh. It's just good natured ribbing, but of course TSN is gonna blow it way out of proportion.

and someone with the kings just apologized :roll: christsake we're the kings!!! we actually won one in couver! let us have a little fun before we lose 4 straight! :lol::lol:
    Weber is definitely gonna have to be smarter going forward in the playoffs. One dumb move and he's a repeat offender and WILL get a suspension.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    You are right injury should not matter...what they have to do is look at the whole play and just before that Zetterberg checked Weber from behind with a cross check...so if your going to play that way against another player you have to expect retaliation. I think in this case Weber was over the top...but I was not surprised at a decision of no suspension...for that matter I think the Wings were not surprised either...just sayin...

i don't think zetterberg hit weber from behind ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJB42HY_J0
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:

Yeah, if Z got Bertuzzied by Weber's hit, he would be out of the playoffs completely.

But as it stands, Mr. Weber should probably be very aware of when #55 is on the ice this Friday. :twisted:

And Shanahan ... what the 'eff, dude??? The Wings help you hoist the Cup and this is all you do in return? How about some home cooking? :x

8-)
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i don't think zetterberg hit weber from behind ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJB42HY_J0

I would have been fine no matter which way Shanny went...Weber has been warned...next time he will be suspended...

I have no clue what transpired throughout the game that set Weber off...obviously Shanny saw something or was convinced something had caused him to go off.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Jason P wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Yeah, if Z got Bertuzzied by Weber's hit, he would be out of the playoffs completely.

But as it stands, Mr. Weber should probably be very aware of when #55 is on the ice this Friday. :twisted:

And Shanahan ... what the 'eff, dude??? The Wings help you hoist the Cup and this is all you do in return? How about some home cooking? :x

8-)

Not so sure Weber is giving #55 a second thought...I would guess both teams should take note...and would guess that the next time either team commits an infraction like this might result in suspension.

lukin2006 wrote:
    I would have been fine no matter which way Shanny went...Weber has been warned...next time he will be suspended...

I have no clue what transpired throughout the game that set Weber off...obviously Shanny saw something or was convinced something had caused him to go off.

that's my point tho in a way ... it shouldn't matter what happened during the rest of the game nor any other game before that ... dude tried to shove his head into the boards ... the intent was there ... whether or not zetterberg was hurt is secondary ... dude deserved a suspension and the reasoning behind why he wasn't (no injury to zetterberg) is lame ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

that's my point tho in a way ... it shouldn't matter what happened during the rest of the game nor any other game before that ... dude tried to shove his head into the boards ... the intent was there ... whether or not zetterberg was hurt is secondary ... dude deserved a suspension and the reasoning behind why he wasn't (no injury to zetterberg) is lame ...

Unfortunately what happens during the game leads up to these sorts of thing...in that aspect that what separates hockey from most sports...they hack and whack at one another with their hockey sticks as weapons...they all do it...they push and shove after the whistle seemingly after every whistle...I would have no problem if the league penalized every whack with the stick and any players carrying on after the whistle...after a while the players would get the point and stop the nonsense. I also say that's why only a former player can do Shanny's job he understands what goes on throughout the game that leads to this.

What ever his explanation was to the Wings...they must be fine with it...have not heard much from them.

With or without Weber...that was not the problem in yesterdays game...Nashville 3rd and 4th line were much better than Detroit's 3rd and 4th and if that don't change Detroit will have trouble winning this series.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    edited April 2012
    norm wrote:

Hahaha. Some Canucks fans freaked out. People are saying it was a "low class" twitter.... Is there any such things as a high class twitter?? :lol: I didn't mind it at all, namely because I'm pretty sure we're going to win the series. :thumbup:

... and if we don't, I'll shit my pants. :? No more kicking pucks towards your own goal Vancouver, please.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    Of course Crosby gets things started off for the postseason.
    Am I the only one who cringes every time Crosby gets nudged now? One more concussion, and his career is probably over. It's kind of scary!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    Let's Go BRUINS!!!! :D
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Rangers game on nationally? What channel?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

outdoor channel/versus/nbcsports i'm guessing
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

nbcsports, cbc, and the nhl network are televising all the games

pretty sure it's the first time in the history of tv, that every playoff game will be televised. 8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Looks like it's on NHL network here. Listed at the bar, hoping they get it
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

pretty sure it's the first time in the history of tv, that every playoff game will be televised. 8-)

Rise of the NHL

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Some of the games are just picking up the local feed so we're going to have to deal with some homer announcing....listening to Sam Rosen announce Rangers-Sens right now.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Hockey playoffs are to me the BEST playoffs to watch better than football. Yes, because it's EVERY other night when football is every weekend of intense physical energy.

Go BRUINS

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Just read on twitter

The NHL is on pace for its 7th consecutive yr of record revenue

Projected to bring in $3.2 billion by the end of the playoffs

:thumbup:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Just read on twitter

The NHL is on pace for its 7th consecutive yr of record revenue

Projected to bring in $3.2 billion by the end of the playoffs