NHL Playoffs 2012 Edition

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Hockey gif's can be funny....

Q3Q1x.gif

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Giroux is the best player in hockey right now and its not close
    The Pens are waking up Flyers please put them to sleep.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    DocHinchy wrote:
    Fife, are you a leaf fan? Toronto should grab Lou, pockets are pretty deep. Don`t think the Leaf fans would turn on him like Van. fans have.

nope not a leaf fan at all. Life long Flyers fan but I could see the leafs trying to get him
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Uh oh...the Flyers are shuffling goalies...here we go
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    awesome d philly :fp: :lol::lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ballsy of pitt to go for 2 after that touchdown
    Are you kidding me time to leave the building.

Peace

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    the pens will fall apart yet again....!
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The Leafs are not going to add Lou's contract, he still has 9 years left I think. Besides Lou is not the problem...goal scoring is. He lead them to 1 win of the championship...goal scoring was the problem in game 7 last year as well. My guess Vancouver is stuck with him or bury him in the minors like Chicago did with a goalie a few years ago...then I believe his salary don't count against the cap. However that's a lot to pay a minor league goalie.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    doesn't lous contract run until 2020?
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
    I'm guessing that Philly player will get suspended, that'll be number 10.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Pittsburgh you might as well hang 10 on them as well.

doesn't lous contract run until 2020?

Something like that. I really don't think he's been the problem. No goal scoring.

lukin2006 wrote:
    The Leafs are not going to add Lou's contract, he still has 9 years left I think. Besides Lou is not the problem...goal scoring is. He lead them to 1 win of the championship...goal scoring was the problem in game 7 last year as well. My guess Vancouver is stuck with him or bury him in the minors like Chicago did with a goalie a few years ago...then I believe his salary don't count against the cap. However that's a lot to pay a minor league goalie.

lou has a no move contract i believe so therefore he would have to agree to be sent to the minors which i dont think he will accept.
    Not saying its gonna happen but I can see fleury turning his game around, but not the Philly goalies...may be a game 6 in Philly.

Didn't Philly give Bryz a big contract? Did they not see how he stunk against Detroit in last years playoffs?

fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

lou has a no move contract i believe so therefore he would have to agree to be sent to the minors which i dont think he will accept.

Well that would likely be the only way to get rid of him. He's not the problem though. I'd rather have him than that Bryz of Philly and I think he's signed for a while.

lukin2006 wrote:
    fife wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well that would likely be the only way to get rid of him. He's not the problem though. I'd rather have him than that Bryz of Philly and I think he's signed for a while.

as a flyers fan after watching this game tonight yep would agree with youy about Bryz. Bryz is signed for 9 years so 1 year shorter than Lou.
    I don't think Lou has stunk this bad and this goes back to the Detroit series last year, with goaltending like this Philly won't advance far. If Fleury finds his games then this series is not over.

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Not saying its gonna happen but I can see fleury turning his game around, but not the Philly goalies...may be a game 6 in Philly.

Didn't Philly give Bryz a big contract? Did they not see how he stunk against Detroit in last years playoffs?

:? :roll: :twisted: :fp:

Well he had a good month, so there's that.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I think there'll be game 6 in Philly and the pressure will be on Philly.

No first round sweeps...

Nice to see Ottawa and Vancouver win.

I think both Vancouver and Pittsburgh push their series to 6 and puts the pressure on them 2.

Vancouver has to start Schneider in Game 5.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    lukin2006 wrote:
    No first round sweeps...

Nice to see Ottawa and Vancouver win.

I think both Vancouver and Pittsburgh push their series to 6 and puts the pressure on them 2.

Vancouver has to start Schneider in Game 5.
    Phew! Welcome back Daniel!
    There is no way they won't put Schneider in net next game.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    And for the record, the pressure ALWAYS get to Lu... Unless he's playing in the Olympics, that is!

dude was awful in the olympics too! ... canada won DESPITE him ... if you look at all the goals scored on him during the semi and finals ... all but 1 were weak ...
    penguins showed a lot of heart last nite ... give an early goal ... get the lead and fall behind YET AGAIN ... still bounced back ... ottawa also showing lots of heart without their captain ... and the 'nucks!! ...
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Howabout them Senators! Hangin in there with the 2nd best team in the league without Alfie!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    polaris_x wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    And for the record, the pressure ALWAYS get to Lu... Unless he's playing in the Olympics, that is!

dude was awful in the olympics too! ... canada won DESPITE him ... if you look at all the goals scored on him during the semi and finals ... all but 1 were weak ...

Lou may be part of the problem in Vancouver, but another part of the problem are the Sedins...they are easily intimated...Boston showed us that. In the NHL playoffs you can't be intimated.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Lou may be part of the problem in Vancouver, but another part of the problem are the Sedins...they are easily intimated...Boston showed us that. In the NHL playoffs you can't be intimated.

i dunno ... they took vancouver to game 7 of the stanley cup finals ... i am of the belief that if you can get that far - you can win ... i think players have to play to their strengths and not try to do something they are no good at ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

i dunno ... they took vancouver to game 7 of the stanley cup finals ... i am of the belief that if you can get that far - you can win ... i think players have to play to their strengths and not try to do something they are no good at ...

Then the same can be said for Lou. In 7 games they scored a grand total of 8 goals and they were in a game 7. Yes Lou stunk in some of those games but he was pretty good in 3 of those. Just a little over 1 goal a game.

This still makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz ... ure=fvwrel

lukin2006 wrote:
    Then the same can be said for Lou. In 7 games they scored a grand total of 8 goals and they were in a game 7. Yes Lou stunk in some of those games but he was pretty good in 3 of those. Just a little over 1 goal a game.

This still makes me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz ... ure=fvwrel

henrik and daniel were both in the top 4 in scoring last playoffs ... they can't do everything ... i'd easily trade for them for any two leafs ... heck ... any 4 leafs ...