IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,770
    Oh boy. here I sit at the Pilot I-71 and I -76/Oh224. Supposed to start TAH tomorrow morning. BUT have a load to drop at Macy's DC. Some luggage and Keurig items. THEN they have me taking a load to a Dollar General DC in Zanesville. 100 miles away from current location. Zanesville is about 60ish miles from home yard. I have 6hrs 15 min left on my clock. This is going to be real tight. I may have to cheat the system a little.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Oh look what I found!!!! :shock: About 45 minutes I lost along the way. :o Can you imagine that. Its always the last place you look. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Enjoy the chicago expressways...haha...
    Surprisingly I found it to move relatively smoothly until I-55East( Eisenhower?) from I-294 Then it slowed to a crawl for a bit. Otherwise it was moving right along.

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Surprisingly I found it to move relatively smoothly until I-55East( Eisenhower?) from I-294 Then it slowed to a crawl for a bit. Otherwise it was moving right along.

i believe you got your names messed up. :lol:

stupid named expressways. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

i believe you got your names messed up. :lol:

stupid named expressways. :lol:
    whatever. fucking gps said stay to l or r continue and take exit..... I did and I got there just fine!! That IS a bon eto pick I have with the GPS. sometimes it gives the verbal "name" with the text being the #. other times it opposite. And dont gvet me started on those state routes that were "named" for memorializing xyz. GPS just loves to write that shit out.

oh boy. That was close. Good thing I "found" those minutes. When I shut down today , I had 12 minutes left on my 70hr clock for the week. Whew.

At a Flying J on ,get this, TRUCK STOP ROAD. I swear to whatevers out there. there like 5 with parking off this exit. Across the street from this J one used to be there, you can see the "chalk outline" of the place.

okie dokie. bit of a learning curve on my part this morning. Was assigned to pick up a relay load at a drop yard we have in NC. Assignment says my est. eta will be 10:01. Odd but ok. I'm available at 0700 which I made known. I get to drop yard at like 0730. No trailer. The other driver couldnt show til 1000 earliest. He was on a mandated 10 hr break that ended around 10. UGH. Wasted 3 hrs sitting off the clock.

Next load has me a bit perturbed. Drive from last delivery to next pick up ,55ish miles. From Williamsburg Va to Norfolk Va. crossed both on and under the James River!!! Kinda cool. THEN 138 miles to fuel stop I was ROUTED to. have 538 miles left on this trip to Wilton NY. Am being shorted the 138 miles on my pay. They are running me upto and around D.C. then having me veer northwest so I can bypass Baltimore.I think this route is where I get the unpaid miles. I will be speaking with my dispatch in the morning as soon as he's in. 2 hrs of unpad actual work. NOT COOL!!!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    okie dokie. bit of a learning curve on my part this morning. Was assigned to pick up a relay load at a drop yard we have in NC. Assignment says my est. eta will be 10:01. Odd but ok. I'm available at 0700 which I made known. I get to drop yard at like 0730. No trailer. The other driver couldnt show til 1000 earliest. He was on a mandated 10 hr break that ended around 10. UGH. Wasted 3 hrs sitting off the clock.

Next load has me a bit perturbed. Drive from last delivery to next pick up ,55ish miles. From Williamsburg Va to Norfolk Va. crossed both on and under the James River!!! Kinda cool. THEN 138 miles to fuel stop I was ROUTED to. have 538 miles left on this trip to Wilton NY. Am being shorted the 138 miles on my pay. They are running me upto and around D.C. then having me veer northwest so I can bypass Baltimore.I think this route is where I get the unpaid miles. I will be speaking with my dispatch in the morning as soon as he's in. 2 hrs of unpad actual work. NOT COOL!!!!

make your own route....fuck dispatch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

make your own route....fuck dispatch.
    while I AM allowed to deviate as I see fit(within reason of course) They ARE having me avoid the cluster fuck that appears to be Bmore. That whole area between DC and Bmore looks like a nightmare. SO the longer route may actually be less time involved.

It may have been just an error on the planners part when they input the paid miles info. Total trip is supposed to be 538+54 "paid". Actual is 54+138+538. I'll see what the man says tomorrow.

Hot hot hot load. Scrap cardboard!! :o :shock: going a whopping 145 miles from my current location!! :roll: but theres extra shorthaul pay that goes along with it!! 8-) So I cant complain. :o It will leave time enough for a good part of another load to finish out the day.

After I drop and get to a TS , I will transition over the the new WORKFLOW software system for our onboard computers. Oh the joy. Drivers are calling it WtF or workSLOW. Guess theres a few bugs to be worked out. :? Plus not all drivers have been switched over yet. Old system and new cant talk to each other. so thats been causing some headaches as well.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hot hot hot load. Scrap cardboard!! :o :shock: going a whopping 145 miles from my current location!! :roll: but theres extra shorthaul pay that goes along with it!! 8-) So I cant complain. :o It will leave time enough for a good part of another load to finish out the day.

After I drop and get to a TS , I will transition over the the new WORKFLOW software system for our onboard computers. Oh the joy. Drivers are calling it WtF or workSLOW. Guess theres a few bugs to be worked out. :? Plus not all drivers have been switched over yet. Old system and new cant talk to each other. so thats been causing some headaches as well.

I'd meet up with you but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be around me right now.
    DS1119 wrote:

I'd meet up with you but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to be around me right now.
    not feeling any better?

Well , it stands to reason I'll get back up here again. Last time was a month ago? So , not being a betting man, I would still say I'm good for a return trip.

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

not feeling any better?

Well , it stands to reason I'll get back up here again. Last time was a month ago? So , not being a betting man, I would still say I'm good for a return trip.

No. I cant really hold any food down. It pretty much comes out either end fairly quickly. :sick: Benefit is it keeps me from drinking. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

not feeling any better?

No. I cant really hold any food down. It pretty much comes out either end fairly quickly. :sick: Benefit is it keeps me from drinking. :lol:
    wouldnt we be the pair!! I'm a little gassy. Ok ALOT gassy right about now. Not the burpy kind either. :mrgreen:

I swear those guys are union. Otherwise I could made Erie Pa tonight. Have a load of flour going to NC. Seems like just yesterday I was there. Oh wait, I was!!!! :mrgreen: Ok I know it was two days ago.

mickeyrat wrote:
    I swear those guys are union. Otherwise I could made Erie Pa tonight. Have a load of flour going to NC. Seems like just yesterday I was there. Oh wait, I was!!!! :mrgreen: Ok I know it was two days ago.

If you have time or next time youre in Buffalo check out The Anchor Bar. THE BEST WINGS I have ever had. :mrgreen:
    Man what a day. 521 miles driven in 10ish hours. I'll tell ya, West Virginia will make you work if you drive I-79/US19. However it had its payoff. I can now say I have driven across The New River Gorge. Like driving on top of the world. Just awesome. Now at my usual shut down in Va. The Flying J on that little 10 mile stretch thats both I-81/I-77. ABout 100 miles from drop. will be leaving at 0530 I think.

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

If you have time or next time youre in Buffalo check out The Anchor Bar. THE BEST WINGS I have ever had. :mrgreen:

duffs all the way...anchor bar is ok bc they are the orginals but duffs is actually the best
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I just read this whole thread. I enjoy hearing of your adventures.

Im happy for ya mickey!

I'll be checking back to see how it goes. Good luck Bro, and be safe.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    third day on the new "improved" system for our onboard computers.

hate it with a passion already. More to the point , I think the company royally screwed the pooch on this rollout. Nowhere near enough support staff for the transition. Being learned as it happens. Unbelieveable. I hope we dont lose too much business. I swear , we ARE losing some.

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Man what a day. 521 miles driven in 10ish hours. I'll tell ya, West Virginia will make you work if you drive I-79/US19. However it had its payoff. I can now say I have driven across The New River Gorge. Like driving on top of the world. Just awesome. Now at my usual shut down in Va. The Flying J on that little 10 mile stretch thats both I-81/I-77. ABout 100 miles from drop. will be leaving at 0530 I think.

is that where the Shoney's is?
    or is that where the HUGE fish are all over the wall
    they are all so smashed together in my head
    i used to love our trucking days
    (easy to say now :lol: )
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    being its so new for everyone, some of my hours of service info didnt translate or were input incorrectly. THEY showed I have 54ish hours avaiable to work, meaning I would have had full days for several days to drive.

What I actually have is 0616. period. Have 257 miles to deliver WITH a fuel stop, THROUGH the mountains to deliver in Hebron Ky outside of Cincy.Currenly near Beckley,WV. An hour unload time. Sorry cant do it. So instead, delivery gets push back full day so I can do a "34 hr reset" of my weeks working clock. just to get me back home so I can be off for three days!!

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,420
    You getting decent miles the last couple of weeks?

Out local work has picked up BIGTIME the last 2-3 weeks.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    You getting decent miles the last couple of weeks?

Out local work has picked up BIGTIME the last 2-3 weeks.....
    yeah man. two weeks running , I'm maxing out my 70. hell this week was me running form Cbus to NC. Then a short relay run to williamsburg Va. then Norfolk to Central New york. decent run from there to Syracuse.Buffalo NY back to Winston Salem, NC.. Currently sitting under a load from there to Hebron Ky outside of Cincy. Should be my best week yet. Of course the first run of this time out was credited to last weeks miles.

let us know next time you're running 78 near allentown
    and have time to stop for lunch/dinner :)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    Been there a couple times now. Had runs to the JC Penneys distribtion center off of PA 100 I think it is? Trexler. Theres Nestle over there. we also pick up from Home Depot DC there too.

But for sure , I'll shout out!! Thanks!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    Been there a couple times now. Had runs to the JC Penneys distribtion center off of PA 100 I think it is? Trexler. Theres Nestle over there. we also pick up from Home Depot DC there too.

But for sure , I'll shout out!! Thanks!!

:wave: :thumbup:

we'll be on the lookout!
    peace,
    jo

roughly 2700 miles this week!!!! Best one yet, however I did stay out another day and a half. But still not bad for 6 1/2 days driving on 8 days out. Sat for 34 hrs too.