IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    Bummer...gotta figure its gonna be hard to break in to the ranks.....i would guess more senior drivers get more miles, and better equipment....gota prove yourself and not hit shit. Kep your head up....and of course it never hurts to look for a better situation

or mickey could blow a bunch of money and buy his own truck...what $60k?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Bummer...gotta figure its gonna be hard to break in to the ranks.....i would guess more senior drivers get more miles, and better equipment....gota prove yourself and not hit shit. Kep your head up....and of course it never hurts to look for a better situation

or mickey could blow a bunch of money and buy his own truck...what $60k?

60K would buy a decent used one....new ones you are looking at 100K plus. :shock:

2009 with half a million miles....they are asking 65K

http://www.truckertotrucker.com/listings/132401.cfm

:shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i think we should start AET trucking, buy a brand spanking new truck.....hire speedy, mickey and chad to drive that thing 24/7

who's with me....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,768
    Well as luck would have it, I'm now in a 2010 century s/t. Has. DD15 motor. Runs real quiet and shifts well too. Previous driver got into an accident and it just came out of the body shop today. Same facility I was towed to in the PoS its black. Almost like sparkle type paint. I like how it drives. Get to see how it pulls tomorrow. Proctor and gamble load to a target in wilton NY.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Well as luck would have it, I'm now in a 2010 century s/t. Has. DD15 motor. Runs real quiet and shifts well too. Previous driver got into an accident and it just came out of the body shop today. Same facility I was towed to in the PoS its black. Almost like sparkle type paint. I like how it drives. Get to see how it pulls tomorrow. Proctor and gamble load to a target in wilton NY.

just don't try to squeeze into tight spaces again ok?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    mickeyrat wrote:

try to not hit anything with this one....maybe you'll get to keep it for a while. :lol:

you want some alpine pj20 music to listen to on your runs.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://www.detroitdiesel.com/pdf/Engine ... C-6215.pdf

which motor you got? hp wise?

14.7L

47 quarts of oil :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://www.detroitdiesel.com/pdf/Engines/1.13-DD15-Spec-Sheet-FNL2-DDC-6215.pdf

14.7L

Posting from my phone which kinda fucking sucks. But its got a DD15. NOT. Sure about HP. Not going to click that link! Yeah, we use some oil. When its time to fill at the "add" point on dipstick it goes in by the gallon! Currently have 7 gal on truck. But only cuz I transfered 6 to the new one from the old one.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    http://www.detroitdiesel.com/pdf/Engines/1.13-DD15-Spec-Sheet-FNL2-DDC-6215.pdf

14.7L

Posting from my phone which kinda fucking sucks. But its got a DD15. NOT. Sure about HP. Not going to click that link! Yeah, we use some oil. When its time to fill at the "add" point on dipstick it goes in by the gallon! Currently have 7 gal on truck. But only cuz I transfered 6 to the new one from the old one.

you got a lap top? what phone system are you on?

if you have a cell with unlimited data.....take a look at pdanet....or if the phone has a hotspot feature....look at rooting it.

you can tether the laptop...basically meaning you can use the phone as a modem for the computer.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I brought the dinosaur laptop out this time. For whatever reason after I shut it down last night the wifi network connection shit the bed? Tried to find it and get it going again. No such luck. I'm on verizon. Have hotspot plus the tethering capablities? But not paying for tether I don't think. Just A pain in the ass posting from the phone. Not used to it I guess. Next trip the gf is S.O.L.!!! Taking the better laptop out. Looking to get a new HP soon.

mickeyrat wrote:
    I brought the dinosaur laptop out this time. For whatever reason after I shut it down last night the wifi network connection shit the bed? Tried to find it and get it going again. No such luck. I'm on verizon. Have hotspot plus the tethering capablities? But not paying for tether I don't think. Just A pain in the ass posting from the phone. Not used to it I guess. Next trip the gf is S.O.L.!!! Taking the better laptop out. Looking to get a new HP soon.

you don't have to pay for tether.....welll maybe

we use pdanet which is a wired tether...plug your phone into the computer via a usb cable and share the phones internet. pdanet has a one time charge of like 20 bucks.

the other option to avoid paying verizon for the hotspot is to root your phone....there is an app that will do it on a lot of phones...but it's not in the market....

not sure your data level plan.....

we have unlimited and so far this month, i've used 4.5 gigs....our phone is our only internet, so i have it tethered to the computer all the time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm digging this ride. I hope I get to stay in this truck a while. I like it A LOT! Pulls well enough. Motor runs strong and relatively quietly for what it does.

Tomorrow at the next closest Pilot, I'm pulling in and buying a CB. Have it picked out. Its on sale this month. $119 with a $20 rebate. First receipt I'll save. For next years write offs!!!!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I'm digging this ride. I hope I get to stay in this truck a while. I like it A LOT! Pulls well enough. Motor runs strong and relatively quietly for what it does

well here's a tip that will make sure you keep it...

don't wreck it! ;) :P :lol:
  • Where are you???
    Where are you going???

Hows the new truck???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Where are you???
    Where are you going???

Hows the new truck???
    fuck man. you always seem to ask this when I'm home!!! :mrgreen: :? Taking the weekend for an AA retreat thing Up in Canada. Twice yearly. Meetings obviously are hard to come by when I'm out.

Loving the truck. Now if they can figure out the Qualcomm issue, I'll be set. At least til they take this away from me. Trying to work in her elatting me stay out for like 10 days. Just to see how it is. And the kind of money I could make. We'll see.

well my past week has sent me to Central NY via I86(goddamn that road needs work) , into Vermont, then back out of NY via I90. Adirondacks are a sight to see, let me tell you.

My god , do we live in a beautiful country. On the way to NY I saw two Bald Eagles. In Vermont on my way out I saw a flock of turkeys, then in NY midway on I90 I saw about 20 deer in a farm field. To many falcons or hawks to count.

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    cd yet?
    i'm always late to the party, i know
    but i was shocked :o :shock: to read that you were hauling round in your new rig without gabber gear dude!
    :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    well my past week has sent me to Central NY via I86(goddamn that road needs work) , into Vermont, then back out of NY via I90. Adirondacks are a sight to see, let me tell you.

My god , do we live in a beautiful country. On the way to NY I saw two Bald Eagles. In Vermont on my way out I saw a flock of turkeys, then in NY midway on I90 I saw about 20 deer in a farm field. To many falcons or hawks to count.

The Adirondacks are quite a sight to see. Maybe some day you'll get a load out to Lake Placid. As for views, all I can say is... :o :shock:
  • Where are you??
    Where are you going??
    Where are you??
    Where are you going??
    I'm sitting at a fucking shipper(JC Penney's), waiting on a late to be loaded load to run to Michigan first for a 0300 drop then on to defiance ohio for the second drop on this load. Told the fuckers I'm ready to run at 0700. HAd an evaluation(passed) then I get the load info. PICKUP WINDOW 1000 to 2359. Ok. They give my ETA FOR PICKUP as 1031. OK. I can grab the load head up to with 10 or so miles., shut down for my ten, get a little bit of shut eye and be good to go.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNd halt!!!!! Load isnt ready til around 1600. am currently shut down AT the shipper for my 10 so I can meet THEIR fucking CRITICAL delivery time. Umm wait a second , if this is SOOOOO FUCKING CRITICAL , why isnt it set and ready for me to go?

Well, for my trouble I get $45 for being "off the clock" and will get a small mileage premium on top of my CPM to run this load.

fuck defiance.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Where are you??
    Where are you going??
    I'm sitting at a fucking shipper(JC Penney's), waiting on a late to be loaded load to run to Michigan first for a 0300 drop then on to defiance ohio for the second drop on this load. Told the fuckers I'm ready to run at 0700. HAd an evaluation(passed) then I get the load info. PICKUP WINDOW 1000 to 2359. Ok. They give my ETA FOR PICKUP as 1031. OK. I can grab the load head up to with 10 or so miles., shut down for my ten, get a little bit of shut eye and be good to go.

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNd halt!!!!! Load isnt ready til around 1600. am currently shut down AT the shipper for my 10 so I can meet THEIR fucking CRITICAL delivery time. Umm wait a second , if this is SOOOOO FUCKING CRITICAL , why isnt it set and ready for me to go?

Well, for my trouble I get $45 for being "off the clock" and will get a small mileage premium on top of my CPM to run this load.

typical right? everyone's stuff is the MOST important

i used to ride along with my ex and this stuff never ended

he ended up going "no touch" at the piers....hook and drop
    pay was good there too :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Hope Springs , NC.

have th A/C running in the truck. Fucking humid. But it was a very nice day for a drive. Ld got delivered early without a hitch!!!! 8-)

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hope Springs , NC.

have th A/C running in the truck. Fucking humid. But it was a very nice day for a drive. Ld got delivered early without a hitch!!!! 8-)

Weird to hear about A/C...it's cold and snowing here in Smalbany. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hope Mills , NC.

high was in the low to mid 80's here. still humid out.

note. I fixed the location.

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hope Mills , NC.

yup, i'm in SC, it's 63 right now.

mickey, we had some wicked thunderstorms here today so if you're still in NC tomorrow you might catch them
    conman wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

yup, i'm in SC, it's 63 right now.

mickey, we had some wicked thunderstorms here today so if you're still in NC tomorrow you might catch them
    well, I have two stops tomorrow for live loading then onto to Charlotte to drop this trailer for relay. I assume I'll sit there til a load becomes available for me to drive back up morth with. Supposed to be home for time off starting sunday.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    Whats up??
    Whats up??
    wondering why the hotspot service I pay for is spotty at best with strong cell signal.

Man , I'm digging this truck. Found out today I "graduated" from training dispatcher to my regular one. Which means , I may soon get paired up with two other drivers between 2 trucks. Part of the schedule I hired in on. Had to keep the GF as happy as I can. I sure do hope there arent two nonsmokers working this schedule. That would mean I stay in this truck and dont have to slip seat.

when I get home to better internet , I have a couple pics to post. Burned out truck I saw in our Charlotte yard. Oh man, I certainly hope this driver made it out ok.