IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,767
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    sigh.........

pretty beat today as I sit ansd wait for a new bumper to be installed.
    Now what did you hit
    oops. damn 3g phone!! Umm, went down the wrong place. tried my best to get out of it in one piece. Blind side backing into a wide open space from a narrow access road. Didnt allow room in the front for the truck to swing around to straightn out with the trailer as i was backing in these spaces to turn around.

Could have set it up better and/or gotten out and looked at the whole situation. even further down the road I was on.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    D'oh...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Oh snap.
    This truck has been accident free for 0 days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    This truck has been accident free for 1 days.
    fixed that for you. :P shut down now at The Penn80 TruckStop. In and out of new jersey with nothing bi=ut som escuff marks on the tires. Unlike the women those streets are pretty tight!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fixed that for you. :P shut down now at The Penn80 TruckStop. In and out of new jersey with nothing bi=ut som escuff marks on the tires. Unlike the women those streets are pretty tight!!!! :mrgreen:
    You gonna keep on trucking thru the weekend????
    Or are you on your way home??
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    You gonna keep on trucking thru the weekend????
    Or are you on your way home??
    On a 700 mile run to Indy from Newark NJ. Currently at 560 left on it.then is supposed to be home monday? good shot for it. Possible to drop this trailer tomorrow night at the receiver, then shut down at our yard there. Gauranteed a spot no matter what time it is. Showers too.

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

What did the boss man say
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    On a 700 mile run to Indy from Newark NJ. Currently at 560 left on it.then is supposed to be home monday? good shot for it. Possible to drop this trailer tomorrow night at the receiver, then shut down at our yard there. Gauranteed a spot no matter what time it is. Showers too.
    Fuck it!!

Run a few weeks straight and make some TALL MONEY!!!!!!!!!

hehe
    My next career is going to be an owner operater....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

What did the boss man say
    about? the second little do? Have a chat scheduled and some extra training. Truth is i feel less than prepared for some situations. I know , much of this knowledge is learned hands on. But damn, evaluating a situation to make a plan of attack is what needs work. Hope they can help me.

oh yeah, stuck in pilot 300 miles from dropping this trailr at consignee. Have a relay load through the house i'm to pick up tomorrow afternoon.

and I'm broke down!!!!

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    oops. damn 3g phone!! Umm, went down the wrong place. tried my best to get out of it in one piece. Blind side backing into a wide open space from a narrow access road. Didnt allow room in the front for the truck to swing around to straightn out with the trailer as i was backing in these spaces to turn around.

Could have set it up better and/or gotten out and looked at the whole situation. even further down the road I was on.
    ya always gotta get out and look shit over. here is my 2 cents worth... a banged up truck/trailer is a good truck.
    always scuff shit up. it means you are daring and challenging. never-ever not sideswipe something if you can help it. safety yellow paint should be rubbed onto your trailer tires at all times. a real truck driver rips his/her mirrors off all the time. they also rip other drivers' mirrors clean off the drivers' trucks.

a good driver will pull out from under a empty tanker
    this allows the tanker to slam itself onto the concrete's floor
    this gets others involved and keeps everyone busy

keep up the good work, sport
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    What busted
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    What busted
    Detriot Deisel DD60 motor. Runs like a champ. when the feul filter isnt choked with water. Have no clue how , but the burning of deisel in these motors generates water. It must be drianed. And since I idle overnight to run my cpap machine AND to stay warm, draining only when fueling(recommended) doesnt seem to be enough. Will have to do it more often. Like part of my pretrip inspection. Daily.

update. Truck v2.0 is now in the shop here at the home terminal. JUST as I was getting on the outerbelt here in my hometown the truck decides to lay down on the job. Coming onto the entrance ramp to I270 rpms dive, thick black smoke out of the exhaust.

Turns out it could be the turbo going out. Had many times where it would scream like out of a horror movie. Then it would settle into its usual high pitched whine. Downside is I lost 400 miles to start this week off.I'm still carrying over 500 miles to start the wek off. Upside is my hometime started at noon today instead off 10 pm tonight

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    update. Truck v2.0 is now in the shop here at the home terminal. JUST as I was getting on the outerbelt here in my hometown the truck decides to lay down on the job. Coming onto the entrance ramp to I270 rpms dive, thick black smoke out of the exhaust.

Turns out it could be the turbo going out. Had many times where it would scream like out of a horror movie. Then it would settle into its usual high pitched whine. Downside is I lost 400 miles to start this week off.I'm still carrying over 500 miles to start the wek off. Upside is my hometime started at noon today instead off 10 pm tonight
    i blew out a few turbos. that is something rather loud and powerless. enjoy , sir.
    blew out a turbo just north of olympia, wa one night hauling salmon or sardines
    tow truck got to me and pulled the truck to tacoma
    there i sat collecting my hourly salary all night
    i always was paid by the hour...turns out it's about the same as by mileage
    that was a 20 some hour day
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Where are you??
    Where are ya heading to???
    Where are you??
    At home while the "new" truck gets seen to. Turbo could be blown for all I know. Losing power at rpm thick black smoke, sluggish. Its TAH time anyway. Although I did lose 400 miles out of the deal yesterday.. Was 200 away from a drop then had a relay for 200 mile sback here to start TAH. Brightside is , I was able to decide to get to our shop hgere at home rather than be stuck on the side of the road.

So , I'll start off the short week with 500 mlis banked/ carried over instead of 900.

Been a rough week all the way round. Glad its past and I'm safe and the new truck is getting seen to.

Where are you??
    At home while the "new" truck gets seen to. Turbo could be blown for all I know. Losing power at rpm thick black smoke, sluggish. Its TAH time anyway. Although I did lose 400 miles out of the deal yesterday.. Was 200 away from a drop then had a relay for 200 mile sback here to start TAH. Brightside is , I was able to decide to get to our shop hgere at home rather than be stuck on the side of the road.

So , I'll start off the short week with 500 mlis banked/ carried over instead of 900.

Been a rough week all the way round. Glad its past and I'm safe and the new truck is getting seen to.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Where are you??

Sounds like a turbo....

Hopefully they get ya back on the road soon......
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Where are you??

Sounds like a turbo....

Hopefully they get ya back on the road soon......
    how much do you think this would affect feul mileage? It seem I'm getting really shitty mileage without that much weight. I mean I DO idle at night for my cpap machine but still actually driving seems it goes quicker than when I was with trainer.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    how much do you think this would affect feul mileage? It seem I'm getting really shitty mileage without that much weight. I mean I DO idle at night for my cpap machine but still actually driving seems it goes quicker than when I was with trainer.
    I couldnt have said it better......hehehehehe

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... avXdg-72Jg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I couldnt have said it better......hehehehehe

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... avXdg-72Jg
    huh.very informatve. I DO think you could have said that better though. ;)

here's hoping they are willing to replace the turbo on a truck that will be taken out of service come june. It has a DD series 60 in it. Kinda like the way it scoots.

• Truck fixed??
    Truck fixed??
    will call in tomorrow. fuck it. I'm off. They did give me a commitment to have it doen by noon tomorrow. Asked for my phone #. Haven't heard anything from them. When I wrecked the other one , they called me to tell me it wasnt going to be fixed.

• Truck fixed???
    Truck fixed???
    havent received a phone call saying otherwise. Will find out in the morning.

Wonder if there any decent ok paying local companies I can hire on with. Making shit money on shit miles in shit equipment. Fan shroud took out the fan itself. Fucking shredded. Holes in radiator , power steering resivoir is now shot. Been 2 hours since I called it in. Gauranteed I'm loading out of this truck and into a "new" piece of fucking on its way out of fleet service shit truck.

Just got a call from dispatcher. Nothing he can do help in this. Did find out my old truck had its hood replaced and someone else is in it now. THAT FUCKING PISSES OFF. My own
    fault f or wrecking it but FUCK ME!!!!

Bummer...gotta figure its gonna be hard to break in to the ranks.....i would guess more senior drivers get more miles, and better equipment....gota prove yourself and not hit shit. Kep your head up....and of course it never hurts to look for a better situation
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg