IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,770
    Had to fill in for are line haul driver last night...
    No big deal...Started my day a little later than usual, made a couple local stops, then headed 160 miles South on 65 to meet up with another driver from Cincy. Once I meet up with him, we switch trailers, sign paperwork, and both turn around and head home. No Big deal...Right?

Wrong! hehe

The driver I met up with could possibly be the most ignorant, rude, obnoxious, assfuck I have ever met in my life.

From the second I parked my truck, to the time I left, all this guy did was whine and complain. His 1st words to me were, "You realize you are late.... right"???

hehehehe

What a miserable fuck. He never stopped whining. As I pulled away and said "Hope to never see you again" ....He was STILL WHINING!!!!!
    Just wait. Find out from the regular guy if the dude was still bitching.

No word yet from Conway. believe I'll just let it be. continue getting the all powerful experience and go from there. Fuck this sucks.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    mickeyrat wrote:

No word yet from Conway. believe I'll just let it be. continue getting the all powerful experience and go from there. Fuck this sucks.
    If you can last another 5-6 months with Schneider.....
    Then you have your 1 Year experience behind the wheel....
    That will surely open up a lot of new doors for you....

Just stick it out the next few months...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mickeyrat wrote:

If you can last another 5-6 months with Schneider.....
    Then you have your 1 Year experience behind the wheel....
    That will surely open up a lot of new doors for you....

Just stick it out the next few months...
    yeah, I know. will still keep trying though. Cant hurt right? July bumps up to .35 cpm too, so that will help a little.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    well, its official. I have a new dispatcher and have been paired up with the 2 other drivers to work this 6 on 3 off schedule as designed.

First load this trip was to go to Laredo, Tx. But since it would have been very difficult to get me back to Columbus on time, they had me drop it here in W Memphis for another driver to finish out. Still got 600 miles out of it paid. wait til morning to see whats next. Last time I was here in Arkansas , I picked up a walmart load for my first trip into Wisconsin. I wonder where I'll go next.

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    mickeyrat wrote:
    well, its official. I have a new dispatcher and have been paired up with the 2 other drivers to work this 6 on 3 off schedule as designed.

First load this trip was to go to Laredo, Tx. But since it would have been very difficult to get me back to Columbus on time, they had me drop it here in W Memphis for another driver to finish out. Still got 600 miles out of it paid. wait til morning to see whats next. Last time I was here in Arkansas , I picked up a walmart load for my first trip into Wisconsin. I wonder where I'll go next.

hope this works out for you
    this is what you had hoped for?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

its what I hired in for. We'll be using this truck (2010) and I'm not sure yet on the other one. Year, mileage or condition yet. Hopefully these guys are neat and will clean up after them selves. BY no means a neatfreak , but , we got to live in these beasts.

We'll see how it goes. If it doesnt pan out like I had hoped , at 6 mo exp I'll try to jump into intermodal. Maybe home every night. Still looking for a bit more exp , then I start applying like a mothertrucker to LTL/local companies.

mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

its what I hired in for. We'll be using this truck (2010) and I'm not sure yet on the other one. Year, mileage or condition yet. Hopefully these guys are neat and will clean up after them selves. BY no means a neatfreak , but , we got to live in these beasts.

We'll see how it goes. If it doesnt pan out like I had hoped , at 6 mo exp I'll try to jump into intermodal. Maybe home every night. Still looking for a bit more exp , then I start applying like a mothertrucker to LTL/local companies.

intermodal is the way to go
    drop and hook no touch
    no dealing with all that crap
    waiting around
    and the pay isn't bad either
    you're right
    get all the miles and experience you can
    have you done reefers? flatbeds? all that?
    take it all, get it under your belt and then go for it
    that OTR stuff is great for a while right?
    then your own comfy bed starts to look better and better
    safe travels :)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:

drop and hook no touch
    waiting around
    you're right
    Funny....
    3 different opinions here....

You couldnt pay me to do intermodel....
    You couldnt pay me to share a truck with ONE other guy...And no way in hell 2 other guys....

hehehehehehe

To each their own!!!!
    StillHere wrote:

drop and hook no touch
    waiting around
    you're right
    Funny....
    3 different opinions here....

You couldnt pay me to do intermodel....
    You couldnt pay me to share a truck with ONE other guy...And no way in hell 2 other guys....

hehehehehehe

To each their own!!!!
    we have own yards for that in columbus. Not like some of those yards I've seen in Chi or the ports. FUCK THAT!!!!

When I was over the road...
    The ONLY way I could make it work...
    The ONLY way I could earn some kick ass money and still keep my sanity.....

Leave on a Friday...
    Get a load that delivers Monday-Tuesday....Hope that load in 800-1200 miles away...
    And then stay out for 10-12 days.....

Then take 2-4 days off....

And do it all over again....

Thats the ONLY way it would work for me...

Starting work on Monday...
    And hoping to be back home on Friday...
    Just doesnt happen in the over the road trucking industry..........
    sharing is not the way i would go either (slip seat? noooooo )

but give it time and see what you prefer

the only way to tell is to do it right?
    peace,
    jo

broke down on I81 in Va. EPA thing on the engine. Supposed to burn the soot to reduce emissions. HAs this thing called a Diesel Particulate Filter.When the filter gets full it burns the particulates at high temp , making for a cleaner running truck SUPPOSSEDLY. Had the truck washed yesterday at our W Memphis Ar yard. trouble started after. Up to now, its ALWAYS done it automatically while driving at speed. Until today.

Road service enroute to take me south to Roanoke for service. HAve 6 hours driving time left on 7 1/2 on duty hours with 239 miles to drive from where I sit. not making Pa tonight!!!

At a Days Inn through monday morning for sure. Hopefully they will get the truck taken care of then , so I can deliver the load I'm on.

that's lousy..the whole weekend ?

try to have fun...or at the very least, rest some :D
    peace,
    jo

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Do you get to eat at any fun places? Roanoke is my old neck of the woods and Staunton - you can get some excellent pulled pork in these parts...

Good luck to you, I like reading about your travels (not so much when bad stuff happens).
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how's the diet and belt holes coming along, mickrat?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    looking to eat better to lose what I've picked up since quitting smoking 9 months ago. Theres plenty of belt holes to go either way!!!!

Fucker. :mrgreen:

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    looking to eat better to lose what I've picked up since quitting smoking 9 months ago. Theres plenty of belt holes to go either way!!!!

Fucker. :mrgreen:

:lol:

i missed the quit smoking post....or i forgot about it.....

keep on it....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    gotta watch thos etow truck guys. He removed a wheel hub axle to stop the driveshaft from spinning under tow, he said.

What he did was remove the actual seal. So when the repair shop filled the hub oil up as I asked , I thought i was go to go. until I got to the receiver last night and see a puddle of oil under the front drive axle on the drivers side. and the oil that spayed all over the nose of the trailer , the catwalk over the tractor frame, etc.....

Quick enough fix, and thankfully I was shutting down at our terminal here in carlisle, pa about 8 miles from the receiver.

Currently waiting for a load that routes to home.

mickeyrat wrote:
    gotta watch thos etow truck guys. He removed a wheel hub axle to stop the driveshaft from spinning under tow, he said.

What he did was remove the actual seal. So when the repair shop filled the hub oil up as I asked , I thought i was go to go. until I got to the receiver last night and see a puddle of oil under the front drive axle on the drivers side. and the oil that spayed all over the nose of the trailer , the catwalk over the tractor frame, etc.....

Quick enough fix, and thankfully I was shutting down at our terminal here in carlisle, pa about 8 miles from the receiver.

Currently waiting for a load that routes to home.

the excitement never ends...never a dull day :D

Hope today's a good one!
    peace,
    jo

okie dokie. Home on time. what a refreshing change this is!!!!!

I have my work cut out for me. I certainly dont want to offload that much stuff every week. So I need to take a good look at what I actually use. smalish tubs work work well. I think. That way I could just use stuff out of them and not "stock" the truck every week.

mickeyrat wrote:

I have my work cut out for me. I certainly dont want to offload that much stuff every week. So I need to take a good look at what I actually use. smalish tubs work work well. I think. That way I could just use stuff out of them and not "stock" the truck every week.
    So this was the 1st..
    6 on 3 off....Right??

How many miles did you end up with?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    good morning, leaky
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:

So this was the 1st..
    6 on 3 off....Right??

How many miles did you end up with?
    last week? It was fucked man. Truck broke down on saturday. Plus my work week spanned two pay periods. This week is not a good one to judge for miles. I got paid for two loads on this fridays check. BUT I thought the last load would be on NEXT weeks check since it delivered after midnight on saturday. I need to call somebody about this. Makes it real difficult to make plans for what gets paid when.

these next two weeks are going to suck pay wise. But the check for next weeks out time should be good. will have 5 out of 7 days on the road. The week following will have 6 days on the check for that week. then I cycle back to 5 days then two weeks of 4.

One thing I will say , even though its early, dispatcher has lived up to his word.

good for you
    the other guys clean and neat?
    great if it works out for you
    nice to be comfy with your job
    :D:D:D
    so what are your plans for your little mini vacation?
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    good for you
    too soon to tell about the other guys. I figure I'll know soon enough when I get in the other truck. AND when I get back into what I consider to be "my" truck.

mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    good for you
    too soon to tell about the other guys. I figure I'll know soon enough when I get in the other truck. AND when I get back into what I consider to be "my" truck.

don't be in such a hurry to get back to that truck MR, you have a few days off..more important things should be on your mind :D
    peace,
    jo

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    good for you

don't be in such a hurry to get back to that truck MR, you have a few days off..more important things should be on your mind :D

yeah, like scheduleing loads around pj shows.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

yeah, like scheduling loads around pj shows.

ABSOLUTELY!
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

yeah, like scheduleing loads around pj shows.

you make it sound like a pooping schedule...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless