IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    wow good week
    tired yet?
    do you have to unload or do you do no touch?
    got lumpers?
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,770
    StillHere wrote:
    wow good week
    tired yet?
    got lumpers?
    usually consignee will unload or if at a distribution center a lumper will. taken care of by comcheck by the company. Mostly though its drop and hook. We do have some dedicated accounts that require driver unload , but we get accessoral pay for it.
    Like our JC Penneys account. delivering to a store driver takes pallets off the truck to the dock , store employees take care it from there. Then , on that account, the clothes are pretagged and hangered. Specialized trailer with these hanging racks side to side that the clothes hang from near the ceiling , leaving enough space under for pallet product. can be up to 20K peices of clothing on a truck. Driver gets 15 fr second stop and each thereafter, and 100 for the full unload. This in addition to his CPM and sometimes shortmileage pay too. can make for a nice check.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    wow good week
    tired yet?
    got lumpers?
    usually consignee will unload or if at a distribution center a lumper will. taken care of by comcheck by the company. Mostly though its drop and hook. We do have some dedicated accounts that require driver unload , but we get accessoral pay for it.
    Like our JC Penneys account. delivering to a store driver takes pallets off the truck to the dock , store employees take care it from there. Then , on that account, the clothes are pretagged and hangered. Specialized trailer with these hanging racks side to side that the clothes hang from near the ceiling , leaving enough space under for pallet product. can be up to 20K peices of clothing on a truck. Driver gets 15 fr second stop and each thereafter, and 100 for the full unload. This in addition to his CPM and sometimes shortmileage pay too. can make for a nice check.

sounds like a good deal.
    bet mileage is a LOT higher than it was the last time i was figuring the paycheck!

have a restful weekend at home :)

what do you get every w/e or every other?
    i suppose i could go back and read all the posts right? ;)
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    wow good week
    tired yet?
    got lumpers?

sounds like a good deal.
    bet mileage is a LOT higher than it was the last time i was figuring the paycheck!

have a restful weekend at home :)

what do you get every w/e or every other?
    i suppose i could go back and read all the posts right? ;)
    you could. but I work this newer thing they have. Its a 6 on 3 off schedule. Supposed to be a slip seat deal. 3 drivers with 2 trucks. trucks are always rotating back out. Which means it would also be easier , in thoery, to get routed back to the house. HOWEVER, I dont have the other two to run with so , my truck sits. which is fine by me. no one else but me grinding the gears!!

as for my pay, its not the greatest yet, but I dont think its the lower end of industry standards for inexperienced drivers either. Just hangin in to get that all important experience and then see whats available.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Thats easy for YOU to say!!! hehehehe
    Fuck me. 622 miles in today. used all but 10 minutes of my driving time. AND used up all 14 hrs of my daily on duty clock as well. have 56 hrs even left for 5 days of work. God I hope i dont have to sit again for 34 to gain hrs back. next load is 700+ Racine ,Wi to Carlisle , Pa outside of Harrisburg.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Thats easy for YOU to say!!! hehehehe
    Fuck me. 622 miles in today. used all but 10 minutes of my driving time. AND used up all 14 hrs of my daily on duty clock as well. have 56 hrs even left for 5 days of work. God I hope i dont have to sit again for 34 to gain hrs back. next load is 700+ Racine ,Wi to Carlisle , Pa outside of Harrisburg.

We used to run out of Carslisle (when i say we, i was just the passenger) I wanna say Central Transport or something like that? regional and long haul.
    anyway, hope you have a smooth week. rest up
    peace,
    jo

alrighty. shut down fo rthe day. got 500 miles. with 330 to go. I need to watch my hours much more closely. Last 3-4 runs have really eaten up my clocks. Not necessarily a bad thing but still. I need to work it out so I use only 70 in the 6 days I'm out. 2 dAYS in right now and I'm over my average hrs per work day by 5 hrs between the two days. I figure if I can put a good 10 in a day it leaves some fudge room in case they screw up getting routed toward home.

Close to a 600 mile run to Bay City Mi. Had this on the trailer with enough time to start heading that way. BUT. But one of the trailer marker lights was inop. Soooooooo, being the good little driver I am, I came back here to get it repaired. Now the downside is, I could have gotten this there tomorrow with enough time after to park it fo rthe night. In doing so I could have gotten this load paid to me on next weeks check. BUT, nooooooooooooooooooo. I had to do the right thing. Now I'm looking at around 1500 for the week.
    I will however have a good start on next weeks miles so I guess, in the end it evens out.

Plus side too, I hope to get to see Lake Huron.

Usually when I stop at a truck stop, it kinda smells in the parking lot. Lazy ass drivers. Shit in bags and throw them in the lot. OR piss behind a tire, instead of going in. Got out of my truck here at our operating center and what do I smell? Thats right , shit. WTF? So I look around. Behind this freeway berm , I see silos from a farm across the road. Smelling cow shit!! I had to laugh.

busted ass and go the load delivered today!! have 15 minutes left driving time available!!! Next up, pick up from todays drop lopcation (SC Johnson) and deliver to pleasant prairie wisconsin, just inside the illinois border.

oh yeah, this is how I'm rocking part of my PJ SS gift

7033403461_e9e7c25799.jpg

mickeyrat wrote:

love it!
    now we can spy you going down the highway
    peace,
    jo

headed toward home. sorta. Was given a load to go to Coldwater, Mi. Whicj=h is kinda headed in the home direction. No idea about next up as this load I'm under was only 212miles of which I only have 149 to go. soooooo phone call in the morning to my dispatcher to remind him.....

see this is what pisses me off. Waiting AGAIN for a load toward home. I swear if they cant get their act together enough to honor their end of things , I'm out. Fuck it, I'll work linehaul or P+D for local companies. More work , but they pay much much better.

Thing that holds me back is starting over yet again somewhere. fucking tired of it. That and my school loan.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    edited April 2012
    mickeyrat wrote:
    see this is what pisses me off. Waiting AGAIN for a load toward home. I swear if they cant get their act together enough to honor their end of things , I'm out. Fuck it, I'll work linehaul or P+D for local companies. More work , but they pay much much better.

Thing that holds me back is starting over yet again somewhere. fucking tired of it. That and my school loan.
    you are doing it. i am always proud of you guys and gals that work your asses off behind the wheels of these semis. this is one of the most difficult tasks a person can ever do.

the folks in the office, mickeyrat, they are full of shit. you know this though so im not giving you any new information. the brockers and such are folks that don't shoot straight. even dispatchers are fulla shit. not one of them work as hard as you do.

you gotta get there, mickrat...no matter what... do not be late.
    do not break the law... mickrat, you need rest.
    you had better be there on time

when shit hits the fan, you will be left alone and thrown under the truck
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    schneider aint big orange anymore? the DOT enjoys your big prl jam sticker on your windshield? at some point a prick DOT person is going to ask you to remove it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    schneider aint big orange anymore? the DOT enjoys your big prl jam sticker on your windshield? at some point a prick DOT person is going to ask you to remove it.
    yeah, for the most part the fleet is still orange. But as you see we have black trucks too. Also have some white ones and a few that are a grey.

As for my PJ plate, we'll see. Have passed quite a few state troopers in several states, so far I just keep on trucking. ;)

tough year for SNI. first there was the guy who tried to burn a terminal down and then killed himself. About a month ago Don Schneider passed away , son of founder Al. Don built the company to what it is today.

Today , mother nature had her way with our dallas yard.

what a way to start back out. 680 paid miles to take a empty trailer from Zanesville Ohio to Bessemer Al. THEN I get the pleasure of bobtailing 360 miles PAID back north to Campbellsville, Ky to pick up another empty trailer at Amazon.

So I'm starting off my driving this week with 1000 miles in two days and havent hauled ANY consumer goods!!!

whew. That was a long 1000 miles these past two days. hauling nothing. Absolutely nothing. Got paid for it too. :mrgreen:

any choco eggs in that thar truck?
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    any choco eggs in that thar truck?
    nope. thought i saw some fuzzy butt running away from the back of the truck last night.

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    mickeyrat wrote:

This is AWESOME :D :thumbup: I hope it works as a good luck charm! Safe rides, mickeyrat :wave:

Did you also hang the fuzzy dice somewhere or are they some sort of signal that you don't want to give out :? :lol:
    mickeyrat wrote:

This is AWESOME :D :thumbup: I hope it works as a good luck charm! Safe rides, mickeyrat :wave:

Did you also hang the fuzzy dice somewhere or are they some sort of signal that you don't want to give out :? :lol:
    no, they are hanging in the truck in the back, its illegal to have the windscreen obscured. Think I'm pushing my luck a little bit with the license plate. So far so good though.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you need some 10c stickers...and you need to put one on the door of every trailer you haul. 8-):lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    you need some 10c stickers...and you need to put one on the door of every trailer you haul. 8-):lol:

+ we could all contribute ONE sticker each to the decoration of MR's truck
    IF he stayed in one place long enough to receive them :lol:
    peace,
    jo

• StillHere wrote:
    81 wrote:

+ we could all contribute ONE sticker each to the decoration of MR's truck
    IF he stayed in one place long enough to receive them :lol:
    I am so into this thread-- it's WAY better than reality TV!!! :lol:
    How cool it would be to see a trailer going down the highway with a PJ sticker :-) I'll give a sticker for the cause :lol:
    Stay safe out there MR!
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
    I really dont like that load I just delivered.10 hrs driving just to get there. inspection, drop and hook time, fueling, 4 hr unload adds up to an Hours Of Service Violation. Electronic logs make it impossible to change the driving I did to get to TS.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,420
    mickeyrat wrote:
    I really dont like that load I just delivered.10 hrs driving just to get there. inspection, drop and hook time, fueling, 4 hr unload adds up to an Hours Of Service Violation. Electronic logs make it impossible to change the driving I did to get to TS.
    TS??

Why are you always talking in code?? hehe

What the fuck is TS???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mickeyrat wrote:
    TS??

What the fuck is TS???
    you local guys may not be familiar with the overnight parking places for us suckers away from home. its called, get this, a truck stop.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,420
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    TS??

What the fuck is TS???
    you local guys may not be familiar with the overnight parking places for us suckers away from home. its called, get this, a truck stop.
    So my question...

In the last 10-15 years, since I have been off the road....
    Did ALL Truck Drivers start talking in special code??
    Or just the Schneider drivers?? hehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....