IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,768
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    log all that time as sleeper birth. sure you weren't sleeping but you can drive 11 hrs now. see how bad this reads in regards to safety?
    Elogs Chad. NO WAY around it. I sit. Can edit any other time BUT driving time.
    you fancy drivers today...why i oughta... crap ohlaw
    not all companies have Elogs. so you have that flashing in cab bypass thingy the DOT has in your truck?
    prepass/ezpass, yep. Gets me by tolls and DOT scales!!! As loong as it beeps green not red. Then I have to enter. Elogs, well I have a qualcomm little computer mounted in the truck. Makes things easy as far as that goes. BUt , it makes it difficult like today. sooooo, what are ya going to do.

they've FINALLY started loading me. at 1830. But I can see why they schedule when they do. Its RAW loose rubber from overseas. Going to Akron, the rubber capital of the world. I can already see , I'm shutting down in Akron for the night on Monday. 35K ish of loose product takes a minute to unload.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ahh, the joys of trucking. Started off by sleeping at a receiver. Ended my first 7 days by sleeping at a shipper. Ran out of available time, although I have only driven for about an hour totaling 20 miles today!!!!!! Gotta love the feds and their regs. had hoped to get at least 90 miles up the road. oh well. nothing like a fresh start in the morning!!!
    log all that time as sleeper birth. sure you weren't sleeping but you can drive 11 hrs now. see how bad this reads in regards to safety?
    You sat at a shipper...for 8 hours today??
    And YOU CANT log that as off duty?? Or sleeper birth????

WTF is that??

ELOG my ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    this thread makes me want to buy a truck....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    And donate it to charity????

hehehe
    81 wrote:
    And donate it to charity????

hehehe

:lol:

i need to run some numbers....but i think i could turn a profit with you and mickey splitting duties. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    You sat at a shipper...for 8 hours today??
    And YOU CANT log that as off duty?? Or sleeper birth????

WTF is that??

ELOG my ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
    No I'll sit at the shipper tonight. I sat at the pilot all day. Of course it was off duty. But since I had logged ON DUTY at 0536 this morning that means my 14hr were up at 1930. Besides there was driving time there this morning too. Ran a little test on my DBL. Asked if he thought I should back it up to like 5 or something. He wasnt to keen on that idea.

Now these guys are still loading raw shredded rubber. They have this scoop attached to their forklift. I should make a little better time as it will only be around 35K not 45K like my assignment said. Guessing its used tires making their way back to Akron.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    No I'll sit at the shipper tonight. I sat at the pilot all day. Of course it was off duty. But since I had logged ON DUTY at 0536 this morning that means my 14hr were up at 1930. Besides there was driving time there this morning too. Ran a little test on my DBL. Asked if he thought I should back it up to like 5 or something. He wasnt to keen on that idea.

Now these guys are still loading raw shredded rubber. They have this scoop attached to their forklift. I should make a little better time as it will only be around 35K not 45K like my assignment said. Guessing its used tires making their way back to Akron.
    You logged On Duty at 530am....
    Once you go to the Pilot ...you log off duty.....Right??
    you log back on....drive to shipper....and log back off...right????

Im sorry Mickey...hehehe
    When i drove over the road...It was all a bunch of Lies...And i drove all night and day!!!! hehehehe

But please....And trust me i am not being a dick...or giving you a hard time...
    Im just real curious here....

Isnt/wasnt there a way of avoiding being shut down tonight because of hours???
    And trust me i am a dick...

:o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you'll figure it out in time. it takes years sometimes. plus the DOT changes laws annually that you will have to keep up with.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    bad crash in the South yesterday

we thought of you...

http://www.ajc.com/news/truck-driver-sn ... 17399.html

a sneeze :?
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    bad crash in the South yesterday

we thought of you...

http://www.ajc.com/news/truck-driver-sn ... 17399.html

a sneeze :?
    stupidest shit drives = atlanta. ;)

i saw a nasty little accident in atlanta years back. semi in far right lane. car cuts in front of semi to exit freeway. the car wasn't in the exit freeway lane so the car thought it was a good idea to cut in front of truck driver minding his own business.

the car basically took out the professional driver's left tire area and with all that force pushed the car in front of the truck and threw the little shit airborn and into 19 cars traveling bumper to bumper at 70mph.

i was what? 19 lanes over? :|

mickeyrat...do not get into a hurry. do not let ppl hang out with you. move along ya dicks. you will be given the F finger a lot from here on out. sometimes women will flash you their boobs...giant or not so giant...boobs are nice for truckers...says so written by finger in the dust and dirt on the trailer doors of your trailer...flash friday ;)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:

You logged On Duty at 530am.... check
    Once you go to the Pilot ...you log off duty.....Right??check
    you log back on....drive to shipper....and log back off...right????check

Im sorry Mickey...hehehe
    When i drove over the road...It was all a bunch of Lies...And i drove all night and day!!!! hehehehe

But please....And trust me i am not being a dick...or giving you a hard time...
    Im just real curious here....

Isnt/wasnt there a way of avoiding being shut down tonight because of hours???
    Nope, there wasnt. Not if I wanted to keep my job.

Edit, if there IS a way, I haven't learned it yet.

No worries. I'm now in Ft. Chiswell, Va. Had a tire issue and needed a new fuel filter. Shut down here while I had a choice of spots to pull through!! 300 ml from home. Plan on noon tomorrow.

am/fm radio!!!!!! Newly installed. I'm thrilled. humm of the motor and the tires on the asphalt were putting me to sleep!!!

Damn thing has 2 sd card slots ,usb port and a regular aux jack. need to read the manual.

mickeyrat wrote:
    am/fm radio!!!!!! Newly installed. I'm thrilled. humm of the motor and the tires on the asphalt were putting me to sleep!!!

Damn thing has 2 sd card slots ,usb port and a regular aux jack. need to read the manual.

8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Where are you??
    Where are you going???

How long did it take to unload yesterday???
    unload went much better. the CN had a bobcat with a bigger bucket than the shipper. At present i'm at th eyard waiting for my 10 to be up. Then I will request an earlier del appt. Delivering damaged chep pallets back to chep to be repaired. 100 ml away. near CINCY!!!!!! havent gotten next ld info yet.

Here I sit in front of the fuel islands. Its pouring rain. I'm in Pendelton Ky with a ld headed to Cananadigua,Ny. Paper going to Pactiv plant. delivers friday morning, barring any complications. heres hoping for a load through the house after I drop this trailer!!

Still enjoying the road?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Still enjoying the road?
    yeah, I getting the hang of things.

One thing though. Damn 4 wheelers, when you get ON the freeway, its generally a GOOD idea to get up the speed of the traffic you are merging with. I dont get it, getting on a 70 mph freeway and you want to get on at 45? Put your fucking foot into it. I'd rather not have to slow down if I can avoid it. Like on an incline.

here we are, just less than 24 hrs later and Im 514 miles away from my previous location. still had 2 hr drive time to boot!!

wasnt I just at ths truck stop last week? :mrgreen: Put in some good miles this week. Yeah 700 were a hold over from lastweek, but i'll take it. close to 2200 pd miles. not too shabby for 5 1/2 days out.

mickeyrat wrote:
    close to 2200 pd miles. not too shabby for 5 1/2 days out.

that's like 2 days work for me. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Okie dokie, had a wee litlle accimident in the truck today at a shipper. Took out the right front fender lighting assembly. Current at our yard near Harrisburg to see what they want to do. The truck is an 05 with close to 800K on it. After me , I think it was out the door anyway.

Have no idea what comes next. For now , I'm at the yard til further notice. Who can say how long to get a hood? Or if another truck is available to assign to me.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    'little' accideminent?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    pics?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'll have them (pics) in a bit.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    was doing a bit of driving yesterday and saw a couple big-ass orange trucks and thought of ole mickey :wave:

btw, if you ever make it out to lala land, remember trucks can only be in the 2 far right lanes...thanks! :D
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sorry to hear it. At least no one was hurt.
    norm wrote:
    btw, if you ever make it out to lala land, remember trucks can only be in the 2 far right lanes...thanks! :D

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg