IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    8167665-little-boy-playing-with-truck-isolated-on-white.jpg

That's great, Mickey.

Now put your toys away. It's time for your bath.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,768
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yup. Started snowing in e podunk around 2000. Snow plow came and did this recyclers lot. went around the truck of course. Then co gps straightest routes me to the drop yard we have near akron. poorly plowed roads and st rts in an mt trailer!! Started up this hill right after I left that place and got stuck halfway up!! Resident came out and helped guide me back down til I could get turned around. Handled myself fairly well , for less than 24hrs in the truck!!!
    Whats the story with GPS???
    Do you HAVE to follow what the company GPS tells you follow???
    Or are you allowed to use your own route???
    allowed to a point to route ourselves. They have their route solution. For the quarter we're not supposed to be over 10 % out of route. I know , I'll pay more attention to eatsern ohio and points east. Thats for sure!! To many hills and small towns these st routes go through. FUCK!!! I say this now, but I'll take from the mississippi east to I-71 in Ohio!!!!

For a noob like me , the gps is an asset. It has fuel onlyy stops or street level(absolute turn by turn or what they call SNI directions. I guess that one (sni) is co. drivers have found efficient routes that Qcomm system hadnt thought of. I havent asked for that routing yet(sni)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    8167665-little-boy-playing-with-truck-isolated-on-white.jpg

That's great, Mickey.

Now put your toys away. It's time for your bath.
    hahahaha. already took a shower. see? smell my hair!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Well I tell ya all something. This is a job thats more than just driving. Its what I thought it would be and a whole lot more!!!!

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Well I tell ya all something. This is a job thats more than just driving. Its what I thought it would be and a whole lot more!!!!
    Listen to Chadwick...

After you show up late for a few deliveries....
    And the assholes make you wait 24 HRs. before they unload you.....

You will realize it just makes more sense to show up 8-12 Hrs. early and sleep in their lot.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hey congratulations on your new line of work! Sounds like it is going great.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    load #3 in the books!!! I tell ya all those birds shopping for food from Home Depot can rest easy, thanks to me. :mrgreen:

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sooo...what time did you leave this AM, and what time did you arrive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I left at 7 and got to del location at 8. Traffic wasnt bad really. A little thick but moving. Turns out I needed that hour!!! Place was smallish. Their docks faced the road. Speedy will understand, they were 90 degree docks!! Not my strong suit just yet. So in a misguided/misjudged effort I tried to turn around in too short of a space!!!!(was pointed blind side) Asked for some help and got turned around/pointed in the right direction to set up my backing maneuver. All in all not too bad considering it was my second solo load to deliver.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    I left at 7 and got to del location at 8. Traffic wasnt bad really. A little thick but moving. Turns out I needed that hour!!! Place was smallish. Their docks faced the road. Speedy will understand, they were 90 degree docks!! Not my strong suit just yet. So in a misguided/misjudged effort I tried to turn around in too short of a space!!!!(was pointed blind side) Asked for some help and got turned around/pointed in the right direction to set up my backing maneuver. All in all not too bad considering it was my second solo load to deliver.
    Where are you off to next???

Where was the place by Midway?? Street names?? Business name??
  • 90 degree docks??

Mickey...
    You will figure those out in no time...

Its all common sense...
    You have the same 53 foot trailer...
    You have the same truck...meaning the same turning radius .......

You just set your truck up the same way...every time....
    With the same distance(once you figure out the turning radius).....
    Try to set up the same angle every time....

And you cant help but hit the dock every time( or get really damn close)....

You will see...
    Over some time....
    Its no big deal...

Ya just need a little practice...
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Where are you off to next???

Where was the place by Midway?? Street names?? Business name??
    RockTenn(?) something or other. They make boxes. I delivered the huge rolls of heavy paper. On 74th . Closest main drag was Harlem? From there I went to the sticks of Il. Milford To PU birdseed. Farmfeild roads. AWESOME!!!!NOT! Delivered to Home Depot DC here in NE Ohio. Next I'm headed to Scotts for fertilizer to take to Savannah. Shaping up to be a decent week mileage wise. Will have close to 1600-1700 at delivery. Still have routing home to collect too!!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    RockTenn(?) something or other. They make boxes. I delivered the huge rolls of heavy paper. On 74th . Closest main drag was Harlem? From there I went to the sticks of Il. Milford To PU birdseed. Farmfeild roads. AWESOME!!!!NOT! Delivered to Home Depot DC here in NE Ohio. Next I'm headed to Scotts for fertilizer to take to Savannah. Shaping up to be a decent week mileage wise. Will have close to 1600-1700 at delivery. Still have routing home to collect too!!!

if you like cinnamon rolls...

check out this place in savanah

http://www.harrisbakingco.com/
    102 E. Liberty Street

it's downtownish and may not be condusive to big rigs tho. :lol: but oh so tasty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • How are things??
    Hows the truck stop food treating you???
    hehehehehe

I was fucking THRILLED to see Schneider FINALLY got you some real miles this week!!!!!
    How are things??
    hehehehehe

I was fucking THRILLED to see Schneider FINALLY got you some real miles this week!!!!!
    Tell me about it.

So far its been only I meal at a TS restaurant. Other wise its been fast food or sandwiches I brought the makings for. Last night was a first. About 15 min after I pull into this TS(sm one. did a blind side 45!!) I was approached by not one but TWO lizards. Think they were working from a van that was taking up semi parking on the back row. I understand , people gotta eat , but man thats no way to make a living or feed a habit. so debasing. Anyway , I get this tap tap at 5 am. WTF? Has something happened? No, lizard#1 wants to use my CB. THATS fucking rude. Wake a dude up to ask FOR a favor?

• mickeyrat wrote:
    How are things??
    hehehehehe

Tell me about it.

So far its been only I meal at a TS restaurant. Other wise its been fast food or sandwiches I brought the makings for. Last night was a first. About 15 min after I pull into this TS(sm one. did a blind side 45!!) I was approached by not one but TWO lizards. Think they were working from a van that was taking up semi parking on the back row. I understand , people gotta eat , but man thats no way to make a living or feed a habit. so debasing. Anyway , I get this tap tap at 5 am. WTF? Has something happened? No, lizard#1 wants to use my CB. THATS fucking rude. Wake a dude up to ask FOR a favor?
    How's the sleep situation? Are you getting any? enough?

When do you deliver to Georgia? Today? Tomorrow?
    Deliver tomorrow 730 am. Live unld. Been sleeping great. My usual 7 hrs. CPAP helps alot with that. will be staying at this Patriot Pilot just N of Savannah tonight. Stayed there when I was with my road trainer. Already familiar with it. Nice place HUGE parking. Expect to get there around 5 or 6 , depending how this well worn truck can pull these Mts. Bout to head out. Cya!!!

• mickeyrat wrote:
    Deliver tomorrow 730 am. Live unld. Been sleeping great. My usual 7 hrs. CPAP helps alot with that. will be staying at this Patriot Pilot just N of Savannah tonight. Stayed there when I was with my road trainer. Already familiar with it. Nice place HUGE parking. Expect to get there around 5 or 6 , depending how this well worn truck can pull these Mts. Bout to head out. Cya!!!
    Keep on Truckin!!!

Be safe...
    do you have room to carry a little moped or something? that's be tits for exploring when you have down time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    To be honest, I'll only be out for a week at a time. Plus, eventually I'll be switching between two trucks with 2 other drivers. Soo, I'd rather not off load to much stuff from the truck every week. Or onload it for that matter. I "could" get a fold away bike though. But I think just walking would do my circulation wonders.

Yesterday was a 500ml driving run. For me that was pushing it. I should think around 375 -425 is just about right, at least til I get some more experience and a routine for myself down. Currently waiting for the info on th enext load that SHOULD be routing me toward home. We'll see.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    To be honest, I'll only be out for a week at a time. Plus, eventually I'll be switching between two trucks with 2 other drivers. Soo, I'd rather not off load to much stuff from the truck every week. Or onload it for that matter. I "could" get a fold away bike though. But I think just walking would do my circulation wonders.

Yesterday was a 500ml driving run. For me that was pushing it. I should think around 375 -425 is just about right, at least til I get some more experience and a routine for myself down. Currently waiting for the info on th enext load that SHOULD be routing me toward home. We'll see.
    MAKE SURE THEY POINT YOU TOWARDS HOME!!!!!!!!!

Dont even let them start fucking with you as far as home time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    did you swing by harris bakery yet? trust me on this. mmmm :lol:

500 is a good day of driving. my longest solo trip was about 700 miles. the last 100 or so, my eyes were getting buggy...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

MAKE SURE THEY POINT YOU TOWARDS HOME!!!!!!!!!

Dont even let them start fucking with you as far as home time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    trust and believe. THEY dont want my GF to get a hold of them!!

• 500 a day...
    5 days a week...
    Is the only way to make any kind if decent money.....
    And its the only way to justify spending 24 hours a day away from home in that silly truck....hehehe
    At least in my eyes....

And sooner or later you will have to accept working a few weekends, so you can leave Friday-Saturday...And be 1,000 miles away on Monday making your delivery.....

Waking up Monday with 1,000 miles under your belt is the way to go...
    But then you are giving up weekends and home time....
    81 wrote:
    did you swing by harris bakery yet? trust me on this. mmmm :lol:

500 is a good day of driving. my longest solo trip was about 700 miles. the last 100 or so, my eyes were getting buggy...
    25-35 mph UP a mountain/grade and 65ish on the way down. Governed trucks are lovely beasts. Did see some cool veiws at the top of Fancy Gap. Just lovely.

ahh, the joys of trucking. Started off by sleeping at a receiver. Ended my first 7 days by sleeping at a shipper. Ran out of available time, although I have only driven for about an hour totaling 20 miles today!!!!!! Gotta love the feds and their regs. had hoped to get at least 90 miles up the road. oh well. nothing like a fresh start in the morning!!!

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    ahh, the joys of trucking. Started off by sleeping at a receiver. Ended my first 7 days by sleeping at a shipper. Ran out of available time, although I have only driven for about an hour totaling 20 miles today!!!!!! Gotta love the feds and their regs. had hoped to get at least 90 miles up the road. oh well. nothing like a fresh start in the morning!!!
    log all that time as sleeper birth. sure you weren't sleeping but you can drive 11 hrs now. see how bad this reads in regards to safety?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    log all that time as sleeper birth. sure you weren't sleeping but you can drive 11 hrs now. see how bad this reads in regards to safety?
    Elogs Chad. NO WAY around it. I sit. Can edit any other time BUT driving time.

500 a day...
    5 days a week...
    Is the only way to make any kind if decent money.....
    And its the only way to justify spending 24 hours a day away from home in that silly truck....hehehe
    At least in my eyes....

And sooner or later you will have to accept working a few weekends, so you can leave Friday-Saturday...And be 1,000 miles away on Monday making your delivery.....

Waking up Monday with 1,000 miles under your belt is the way to go...
    But then you are giving up weekends and home time....
    500 miles a day is minimally expected out of drivers who are blind, deaf, and high on heroin. i would bet that if i only drove 500 miles a day back when i drove that i'd be at the loading/unloading dock still... :lol:

and you're right though. if a driver cant go 500 miles before falling apart
    he/she has problems.

i liked 6-7 hundred per day when traveling far out there. 60 -65 mph x 11 - 16 hrs or longer... 800 miles quite often. these are reasons i burnt myself out. i was always doin 800 miles or further between deep sleeps. cat naps are the bomb. a good 2 or 3 hour nap, run all night.

left iowa this one time, found myself in montana before stopping. slept 5 hrs or less, back at it. they called me dumby tired on big wheels. 500 miles is a warm up. beings we or me alone, went from washington state to miami and back once a week. that's what 3,500 - 3,800 miles oneway? 7,000-7600 miles weekly when team driving. that was nice andfast and tiring and awesome and bad and dumb and and andand...and

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    mickeyrat wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Elogs Chad. NO WAY around it. I sit. Can edit any other time BUT driving time.
    you fancy drivers today...why i oughta... crap ohlaw
    not all companies have Elogs. so you have that flashing in cab bypass thingy the DOT has in your truck?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce