IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,769
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    fucking dumbasses I swear. Receive load info that looks like its a decent run to start the day tomorrow. I show up in the nick of time, according ot the info. Turns out it was a brokered load we are doing for Werner. Appt is for tomorrow at 1800 not today at 1420. Fuckers. Now I have one that picks up in the morning. I will drop it at the home yard , getting screwed yet again of most of a days driving. I'm looking for employment elsewhere.

That sucks! When will you find out about the other position you wanted?
    when I can sit down with both my dispatcher and our new ops manager. In my mind , this past week has earned me the right to move over there now. The mistakes made this week have cost me money and wasted time in this truck.

So I may be able to swing a sit down tomorrow.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    fucking dumbasses I swear. Receive load info that looks like its a decent run to start the day tomorrow. I show up in the nick of time, according ot the info. Turns out it was a brokered load we are doing for Werner. Appt is for tomorrow at 1800 not today at 1420. Fuckers. Now I have one that picks up in the morning. I will drop it at the home yard , getting screwed yet again of most of a days driving. I'm looking for employment elsewhere.

That sucks! When will you find out about the other position you wanted?
    when I can sit down with both my dispatcher and our new ops manager. In my mind , this past week has earned me the right to move over there now. The mistakes made this week have cost me money and wasted time in this truck.

So I may be able to swing a sit down tomorrow.

Do they compensate you all for their errors or does it just come with the territory?
    territory. But the series of errors, it feels personal. They may be able to do a little something about pay. I say cut me loose for the other gig. That would satisfy me.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    territory. But the series of errors, it feels personal. They may be able to do a little something about pay. I say cut me loose for the other gig. That would satisfy me.

Keep pushing for it.
    Just got a message this morning. I have one more 6 day run for this schedule then I make the switch to dedicated. Glad I get to run "my" truck one last time. That's one in the avatar pic.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Just got a message this morning. I have one more 6 day run for this schedule then I make the switch to dedicated. Glad I get to run "my" truck one last time. That's one in the avatar pic.

8-) hope you like the new gig more...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i wonder....how much does an owner/operator net on a truck per year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

That's good news. Congrats!
    oh man, so the fuck ups continued last night. I had asked to have a shortish run once I dropped my trailer from Indy yesterday to kinda maximize my driving yesterday. Otherwise it woul dhave only been 180 miles paid.

SO my info says I'll arrive at this place south of columbus at 1735. With an appointment time of 1000-1800. Which tells me I can show up at anytime within that window. Turns out , it was an at 1000 appt for a live load of dog food. Sat for three hours total until I got loaded.

In the end I only added 82 extra miles on the day. BUT I did work it so I got an extra $30 detention pay.

mickeyrat wrote:
    a live load of dog food.

What is that? :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    a live load of dog food.

50 lb bags of palletized dog food that were loaded onto the trailer while I was backed into the dock.

This load made it so I'll have a decent check next friday. 720ish paid miles.

Powered laundry soap going to a walmart distr. center in new albany mississippi. Which is near Tupelo.

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    :wave: :wave: :wave:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    a live load of dog food.

50 lb bags of palletized dog food that were loaded onto the trailer while I was backed into the dock.

Gotcha. I thought maybe people were feeding their dogs food that was still alive or something.
    Lizard wrote:
    :wave: :wave: :wave:
    ya know , one of these days that store owner is going to catch you stealing those chips.

hahaha.
    fuck him
    8-)
    edited July 2012
    Lizard wrote:
    hahaha.
    fuck him
    8-)
    do you peck at your mother with that beak? :mrgreen:
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

I really dislike live unloads at grocery warehouses. Sitting here waiting til god knows when to even get backed into a dock. To top it off I got here 30 min late due to a wreck on I81 and road construction 1/2 mile from this place.

Waiting on a phone call to tell me which door to back into.

Oh, the kicker is there is only one guy processing the paperwork at the guard shack. I woul dguess there are about 40-45 trucks waiting.

Sounds like a good time to watch a movie on the old laptop.
    unfuckingbelieveable. Almost 7 hours to unload and count a truckload of fucking Pringles. I swear I think they counted individual chips!! This really set me back. Easily could have picked up the next load and been halfway to delivering THAT load were it not for fucking Kroger. Now I sit here still at Kroger on my 10 hour break, Wont get to legally leave til 1016 in the morning. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Full house here tonight. Have a load going to Walmart Distr. Center in Wintersville Ohio. AFter I drop it, I'll have 1 1/2 days left on this schedule!!!!!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    Full house here tonight. Have a load going to Walmart Distr. Center in Wintersville Ohio. AFter I drop it, I'll have 1 1/2 days left on this schedule!!!!!!

:thumbup:
    :wave: again
    OK, doing some "help" for my soon to be former dispatcher. Have a load under me that has a delivery appt time of 0100. Currently sitting in their parking lot across from a sign that says NO OVERNIGHT TRUCK PARKING. UMMM yeah.

After I deliver(live unload) I get to sit for 10 more hours to get my legal 10 hour break in. As it is I'll only have 9 hours into to sitting before I go on duty for an hour or so. Thereby ruining a pontential break. Dont you just love regulations?

time for a HOF trip?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    time for a HOF trip?
    there would have been time for a shortish tour. Got here at 445. HOF closes at 8.

Have no way to get there without further fucking my time and because I'm a broke ass truck driver. ;)

mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    time for a HOF trip?
    there would have been time for a shortish tour. Got here at 445. HOF closes at 8.

Have no way to get there without further fucking my time and because I'm a broke ass truck driver. ;)

:x

have fun in the cab then. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    i like Pringles.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    now to shut down for my 10 hour break.

No those first 8 hours didnt count. :fp:

just hours away from getting off this schedule. Been at this location since 445 yesterday. I STILL have NOT recieved info directing me where to go next. Think I want to call in and say just bring me home. How this fucking company stays in business with all the seeming ineptitude is beyond me.