IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    think its time to start applying for a new job. Even though I dont have a year in yet, I need to start looking .

Company is installing ambient temp sensors that will shut the truck off after 4 minutes between 20-70 degrees. EVEN IF IN GEAR, CLUTCH PUSHED IN WHILE STUCK IN TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!! How safe is that?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mickeyrat wrote:
    think its time to start applying for a new job. Even though I dont have a year in yet, I need to start looking .

Company is installing ambient temp sensors that will shut the truck off after 4 minutes between 20-70 degrees. EVEN IF IN GEAR, CLUTCH PUSHED IN WHILE STUCK IN TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!! How safe is that?

:wtf:

that makes no sense at all! what the hell?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

:wtf:

that makes no sense at all! what the hell?
    yep, cruise control is already set at 60mph, which puts the rpm's below optimal efficiency burning MORE fuel in the end. The theory is it saves fuel that way. With this dick move , drivers will be leaving in droves.

Alot of the OTR guys run so hard they have to shut down for 34 hours to reset their hours. these trucks batteries are designed to last for 10 hours until they cut off to leave enough juice to start the truck. So they wont be able to stay in the truck if they wanted. They'll be forced into the truck stops in uncomfortable seating amongst or not so hygenic trucker brethren.

I had really hoped to get at least a year in this compnay before jumping for more pay, hopefully I can get on somewhere for more pay.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Leave it to my more responsible older brother to poinbt out some things that make me want to stick to the plan I had before this sensor business.

About to make some serious adult decisions!! :o :shock:

Fuck me. :? What happened to that irresponsible drunken stoned crackhead we all knew and hated. :twisted: Ok, maybe you didnt know him then, but I did. ANd let me tell you, that guy...... :mrgreen: .

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Leave it to my more responsible older brother to poinbt out some things that make me want to stick to the plan I had before this sensor business.

Fuck me. :? What happened to that irresponsible drunken stoned crackhead we all knew and hated. :twisted: Ok, maybe you didnt know him then, but I did. ANd let me tell you, that guy...... :mrgreen: .
    :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:

Good luck. You'll make the right decisiosn and do fine. Can you pass me the ketchup, I'm eating my fries with a fork?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:

since when are you an adult? :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Good luck. You'll make the right decisiosn and do fine. Can you pass me the ketchup, I'm eating my fries with a fork?
    sorry, the heinz truck is still waiting to get into a dock door. No ketchup at this time.

norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

since when are you an adult? :?
    I said make some adult decisions. NOT that "I" was one? Cmon Normie, try to keep up. :mrgreen:

• Fuck Trucking....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    okie dokie, should have done this last week.

well, to catch you all that dont care up, I am now on loan to another dedicated account as my account has slowed in delivering JCP freight. I now haul paper foodservice goods. At least for this month. But it requires sleeping in the truck through the week. :twisted:

mickeyrat wrote:

well, to catch you all that dont care up, I am now on loan to another dedicated account as my account has slowed in delivering JCP freight. I now haul paper foodservice goods. At least for this month. But it requires sleeping in the truck through the week. :twisted:

Work is work. Are you going to go to those different states you were talking about?
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Work is work. Are you going to go to those different states you were talking about?
    could be. they sent me to chadland aka Iowa last week. BUT they are limited in that on fridays my account needs me to run a load for that account. I end up getting fucked in the deal though, I make my same rate which is lower than the rate drivers get on the paper account AND I end up losing a days work because paper runs days and my JCP account runs nights. On top of losing the extra pay for unloading. Paper account is live customer unloads or drop and hook.

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

could be. they sent me to chadland aka Iowa last week. BUT they are limited in that on fridays my account needs me to run a load for that account. I end up getting fucked in the deal though, I make my same rate which is lower than the rate drivers get on the paper account AND I end up losing a days work because paper runs days and my JCP account runs nights. On top of losing the extra pay for unloading. Paper account is live customer unloads or drop and hook.

Well at least you're traveling! :lol:
    just submited two apps online. One is home daily 45 to 55K the other is home once or twice a week plus weekends for 60K +. Foodservice. Hoping I hear back from one or both.

sigh. load of cups. various companies. going to Shelbeyville,Il (read BFE). Shut down about 30 miles away.

this run kinda sucks!!!! Headed back to Shelbeyville, Il with 170(?) oz tubs or something like that for marcus theaters.

In other news, one of the companies I applied said thanks but no thanks as I didnt meet the minimum criteria on their assessment test? Guess they should have said to lie outright!!!! Anyway, onward ever onward but not until my 10 hour break is up!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    this run kinda sucks!!!! Headed back to Shelbeyville, Il with 170(?) oz tubs or something like that for marcus theaters.

In other news, one of the companies I applied said thanks but no thanks as I didnt meet the minimum criteria on their assessment test? Guess they should have said to lie outright!!!! Anyway, onward ever onward but not until my 10 hour break is up!!

Fuck it. Wasn't meant to be.
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

for 60K to start I'll be reapplying in 6 months. just means that much more experience

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

for 60K to start I'll be reapplying in 6 months. just means that much more experience

There you go. how's the prospect of the other gig seem?
    the other app asked about dui. I was truthful. Most palces have a timeframe thats cool with them. This place didnt say.Led me to believe they meant ever. that one is m-f daytime work in a day cab. about 45 to start I think, Thweres another I havnt applied to yet thats 4 days aweek for 800 a week or so. Opportunity to work a 5th day. we'll see. Nows a bad time for this line of work. spring will pop with job postings.

mickeyrat wrote:
    the other app asked about dui. I was truthful. Most palces have a timeframe thats cool with them. This place didnt say.Led me to believe they meant ever. that one is m-f daytime work in a day cab. about 45 to start I think, Thweres another I havnt applied to yet thats 4 days aweek for 800 a week or so. Opportunity to work a 5th day. we'll see. Nows a bad time for this line of work. spring will pop with job postings.

Well good luck. You're a straight shooter and it will work out. Whenever I have hired people I don't look at their past, and I'm serious, I judge them by the first minute I meet them. After a minute my mind is made up. History to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one means jack shit. Fuck...if I was judged on my past history I would have never been given a job.

Actually now that I think about it...my current history should mean I'm unemployed. :lol:
    heres hoping for a change of scenery better than I-70 between Dayton Oh and Effingham, Il. come monday.

well, hope sucks sometimes!!!! Gave me this same run. halfway back to operations. Next up is Kirkwood NY. Suburb of Binghamton, NY. close to 1K miles there and back. They show me as back in Kenton Oh like at 5am thursday, AND HALT!!!! we'll see about that.

I've been in Kirkwood. Enjoy. :lol:
    It will be an in and out kind of thing. Have a run for my account for thursday. Will pick that up and head toward Saginaw to shut down. Will then be able to do all 4 drops and still make it back home. Will be off til like next wednesday.

could have made it easy to drop this trailer, but I wanted a shower and there are no facilities within 60 miles of the place I'll drop the trailer at. sooooo, here I am at the Pilot.

Shower guys were nice and left a christmas card and a foil wrapped chocolate on top of the towel the leave for us in the shower.

okie dokie. one more night in the truck this week. Currently on a 660ish mile run for JCP. Sitting in a Flying J fro my 10 hr break. First stop 0430 about 8 miles away.

wish that guy in the pick up had stayed one lane over. bastard was jerking off and drove up to the door before he changed lanes for no reason. :wtf: :thumbdown:

• donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I often thought about going over the road.Just put my pay in Western Union. But my kids keep comming back :roll: So I guess I'm stuck in construction for awhile longer. And you're right. winter gets real slow.I haven't lost the pounds I put on last winter :( I'm screwed! :lol: )The stair stepper on the side of my Truck just isn't enough.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how are the roads this day/night? be safe out there, man!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce