IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• Hey mickey?
    How are things going these days?
    Where are you and where are you driving to?

Any leads on local work?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    Hey mickey?

Any leads on local work?
    not yet on the local stuff. I didnt see any signs last year for OD until late Feb or early March. Have been looking ta the ads everyday plus getting search results by email from a few places. In town fro ltl they companies are OD, Conway, Estes, CT and YRC. R+L are well south by 60-70 miles from home and ABF has a term in Dayton I think.Which is 60 miles west. Also looking at some foodservice places. I could use the exercise and it pays well from what I see.

Jan is shaping up to be better than Dec was. JC Penneys deliveries slowed way down for Dec. They loaned out to a foodservice paper account. Miles were there but the accesoral pay wasnt. Thats what makes this JCP acct so good. Loaned out for the month of Dec, I lost a weeks paycheck in the end. But they've ramped up deliveries and the account has lost a few drivers , so I'm back on it full time.

I did get an automatic .02 CPM increase at the first though. Should wind up being about $40 a week more.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Hey mickey?

Any leads on local work?
    not yet on the local stuff. I didnt see any signs last year for OD until late Feb or early March. Have been looking ta the ads everyday plus getting search results by email from a few places. In town fro ltl they companies are OD, Conway, Estes, CT and YRC. R+L are well south by 60-70 miles from home and ABF has a term in Dayton I think.Which is 60 miles west. Also looking at some foodservice places. I could use the exercise and it pays well from what I see.

Jan is shaping up to be better than Dec was. JC Penneys deliveries slowed way down for Dec. They loaned out to a foodservice paper account. Miles were there but the accesoral pay wasnt. Thats what makes this JCP acct so good. Loaned out for the month of Dec, I lost a weeks paycheck in the end. But they've ramped up deliveries and the account has lost a few drivers , so I'm back on it full time.

I did get an automatic .02 CPM increase at the first though. Should wind up being about $40 a week more.
    Here we go again.. :lol::lol::lol:
    What the hell is OD?
  • Im going to guess Old Dominion?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 20+years in this industry.
    And you are the 1st guy I have met, who talks in code.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Im going to guess Old Dominion?
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ding ding ding!! Don pardo tell him what hes won!!

Yeah, i see they equip all the time. While soem of it may be old, about the worst you see is faded paint. Bunch of tractors in their yard too.

CT = Central Transport
    YRC = YRC (new name since the merger)
    R+L IS R+L.
    Same goes for ABF ;)
    :mrgreen:

Any other initials I can help you with?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    20+years in this industry.
    And you are the 1st guy I have met, who TYPES in code.

fixed that right up for ya there Driver!!

I blame texting.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    20+years in this industry.
    And you are the 1st guy I have met, who TYPES in code.

fixed that right up for ya there Driver!!

I blame texting.
    :P
    Jack. Knife. Put together this creates a word that truck drivers really dont want to experience.

Had an experience early yesterday morning up in michigan. Thankfully I had enough momentum to break the jack. Damaged the aero wing on the back of the cab on the passenger side. will have a couple pics uploaded soon.

Ok, after getting fucked out of making it home today for a backhaul that wasnt even ready , here I sit at a Pilot off of I-71 near Akron. Been here many times before as a shutdown spot.

Just received a message on the qualcomm unit about a big storm coming this weekend. giving general times and places. my area gets hit sunday and monday.

Also informed us , "you know, we are at greater risj=k of jacknife when hauling 15,000lbs and less" :fp:

NOW YOU TELL ME!~!!!!!!!!

Dropped the front drive shaft today at a stoplight approx 1 mile after my first stop.

4 hours later we pulled into the repair yard with the truck and trailer in tow. Another driver was sent to pick me and the trailer up to finish the route.

FINALLY got done and back at 7pm.

Early start tomorrow morning 2am in a loaner truck.

thank the heavens my truck is parked at the dist. center!!!

Lovely day for a drive too. Sunny, puffy white clouds.

Now to eat and go to sleep. up at 2200 for a 0000 departure. Headed to Chesterfield Township NE of Detroit for my first stop at 0400.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    thank the heavens my truck is parked at the dist. center!!!

Lovely day for a drive too. Sunny, puffy white clouds.

Now to eat and go to sleep. up at 2200 for a 0000 departure. Headed to Chesterfield Township NE of Detroit for my first stop at 0400.

can you swing by Cavs place and pick me up some poked eggs. thanks buddy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am sitting in Chesterfield as we speak.. The Eggs are in Mt. Clemens.. I wonder if he is still around..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    I am sitting in Chesterfield as we speak.. The Eggs are in Mt. Clemens.. I wonder if he is still around..

guessing he will be there 4am tommorrow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Caveeze wrote:
    you have plenty of time to go to MT Clemens, retrieve said eggs and meet me at the JC Penney at Waterside mall. I will be there at 0400.

See ya then!!! :mrgreen:

• shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    where is waterside mall?
    did you see me? i saw you.
    shortstack wrote:
    where is waterside mall?

NE of detroit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    where is waterside mall?

NE of detroit

well yeah. ;)

just googled it. thought there was a new big mall that i didn't know about.
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I had my dates confused, easy to do when you are living the dream ;)

Mickey!!! Kind of neat you will be a stone's throw from my shop and about 15 minutes from my house..

So, if you left the JC penney and continued west on 23 mile, made the first right on Gratiot (M3) my shop would be a block up.. near the Tim Hortons (helpful tip at 4am)

No way in hell Lisa and I are getting up at 4 to meet you, although we did discuss it. (nothing personal, you are worthy of it, we just love sleep too much)

Safe Travels man!! let us know if you come back around during non-vampire hours.. We can have lunch/dinner :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    shortstack wrote:
    81 wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    where is waterside mall?

NE of detroit

well yeah. ;)

just googled it. thought there was a new big mall that i didn't know about.
    Where are you from? the area i'm guessing..
    ;)
    Caveeze wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I had my dates confused, easy to do when you are living the dream ;)

Mickey!!! Kind of neat you will be a stone's throw from my shop and about 15 minutes from my house..

So, if you left the JC penney and continued west on 23 mile, made the first right on Gratiot (M3) my shop would be a block up.. near the Tim Hortons (helpful tip at 4am)

No way in hell Lisa and I are getting up at 4 to meet you, although we did discuss it. (nothing personal, you are worthy of it, we just love sleep too much)

Safe Travels man!! let us know if you come back around during non-vampire hours.. We can have lunch/dinner :D
    I was 20 min late. I thought you got pissed and left. I did see a few eggshells.......................... :mrgreen:

My bro lived off of 21 mile I think , when he was fire chief at Selfridge in like 03-04? Not too far from gratiot.

edited March 2013
    Caveeze wrote:

half hour north west of chesterfield :)
    Post edited by shortstack on
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I leave my truck in the yard every night. I tried intrastate,
    But didn't like being away from the home and Kid's.
    But now that they're grown,I'm thinking of taking on a new venture.
    Doing the same thing.Transfer's,But with this new place I'd be going to
    Long Beach, and Idaho.I don't particularly care for mountain driving.
    shortstack wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Armada? Richmond? Romeo? Capac? The wife and I are curious now, but we cant send you a private message(disabled). we are very creepy, or at least it would seem that way.. :)
    Caveeze wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Armada? Richmond? Romeo? Capac? The wife and I are curious now, but we cant send you a private message(disabled). we are very creepy, or at least it would seem that way.. :)

armada
    got some thinking to do about this company.

being told now that if idle doesnt stay below 10% even during the hottest months we get no bonus.

So , as I understand my choices here,

A. Idle as necessary to stay cool during DAYTIME(afternoon) 10 hour break and no bonus
    B.Try to stay within 10% and potentially(highly likely) not get enough real rest to drive nights( which are difficult anyway due to circadian shit)

Used to be they would back out time out of the system due to hot weather, no longer. penny pinching moptherfuckers now that the founders son had passed last year.

ok, just bought 2 12v fans. seem to be working well fo rnow, but its not really hot out plus its overcast.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    mickeyrat wrote:

being told now that if idle doesnt stay below 10% even during the hottest months we get no bonus.

A. Idle as necessary to stay cool during DAYTIME(afternoon) 10 hour break and no bonus
    B.Try to stay within 10% and potentially(highly likely) not get enough real rest to drive nights( which are difficult anyway due to circadian shit)

Used to be they would back out time out of the system due to hot weather, no longer. penny pinching moptherfuckers now that the founders son had passed last year.

ok, just bought 2 12v fans. seem to be working well fo rnow, but its not really hot out plus its overcast.
    Really?
    These clowns expect you to sleep in a truck that is going to be 100 degrees?

Time to move on my friend.
    You have almost 2 years in with these guys.
    Time to move on.
    There are MUCH BETTER companies out there.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Really?
    These clowns expect you to sleep in a truck that is going to be 100 degrees?

Time to move on my friend.
    You have almost 2 years in with these guys.
    Time to move on.
    There are MUCH BETTER companies out there.
    not to defend, but this 10% limit os for the second quarter. I expect it to raise a bit for the third.

I also dont sleep in the truck that often , so feasibly I could still meet the standard and get the bonus.

As a driver with just 1 year and a few months under me, I will make about 45K this year. 12k of which is in extra pay on this account

Been looking , as always, for soemthing else but I want to at least make the same if not more.
    Plus I'm still getting the tuition reimbursement($150 a month taxfree) until Dec of this year.So I do have some incentive to stay.

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    mickeyrat wrote:
    not to defend, but this 10% limit os for the second quarter. I expect it to raise a bit for the third.

I also dont sleep in the truck that often , so feasibly I could still meet the standard and get the bonus.

As a driver with just 1 year and a few months under me, I will make about 45K this year. 12k of which is in extra pay on this account

Been looking , as always, for soemthing else but I want to at least make the same if not more.
    Plus I'm still getting the tuition reimbursement($150 a month taxfree) until Dec of this year.So I do have some incentive to stay.
    Well, if you are not spending your nights sweating like a pig, then yeah stick it out.
    So that new account is paying you an extra $12K? NICE! VERY NICE!

Fucking Schneider and JB Hunt. Moving freight for nickels, and paying their drivers pennies. That goes for Swift too.