IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    quite_a_road_block.gif
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,770
    Didnt get here til almost 9. Was surprised there were plenty of parking spaces still available. Thought I would have a tough time getting a spot, but nope only about 2/3s , if that, full. Parked waaaaay in the back. Figure the wlaking will do me some good.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    not a bad week. could have asked for something instate that I could deliver and return to the home yard in about 8 hours, I had that much driving time left with about 12 hours left to work. But insead I decided to have the extra time with her.

Always a good choice. ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    not a bad week. could have asked for something instate that I could deliver and return to the home yard in about 8 hours, I had that much driving time left with about 12 hours left to work. But insead I decided to have the extra time with her.

Always a good choice. ;)

how is she liking you being gone all week?
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

Always a good choice. ;)

how is she liking you being gone all week?
    hanging in there like the trooper she is. Would prefer I'm home period but is willing to tough it out til I get the experience a lot of the local work would require (at least thats what the ads say, minimum so far is one year)

Working with these other two drivers , I'm now home when I'm supposed to be. We'll see what the money is like when my 6 month raise comes in. If it doesnt change the bottom line thta much, I'll jump to a dedicated job or intermodal with my company. That would get me home more often.

supposed to head out at or at least be ready to head out at 8.

Truck was delayed yesterday at a shipper (?). Driver ran out of hours til this morning. Soooooo, I dont have to report til noon. Will get there at 11 so I can load into the truck and maybe put a few things away. Thiong that bugs me about it is potentially having to work so late in the day. Makes finding a parking spot more difficult depending on where in the country you are. Hopefully I get a good long run to start off with.

hope you get going soon and have a nice long ride.
    you can squeeze in the lot at the end,
    if you wait long enough, everyone else will be leaving again
    i'm sure you can :D
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    hope you get going soon and have a nice long ride.
    you can squeeze in the lot at the end,
    if you wait long enough, everyone else will be leaving again
    i'm sure you can :D
    Gf's daughter has her graduation on sunday. Hoping(requested) to be back for that day at least. Dispatcher said it was possible and would try to either bring me home early period and send me out for a day trip or two in a loaner truck so I dont miss out on pay. We'll see whats what when I go in today.

And now I just find out my start time is being pushed out further. Sears load that needs to run tonight and would deliver at 3am. Not supposed to be ready til 1900(7pm). Dispatcher is seeing if it can be or will be ready earlier than 1900. Also asking if shutdown for 10 hr break on site is possible.

Sounds like it will be around a 400 mile load.

one thing that always bugged me when i was married to a driver was the schedule, or lack of it, especially back in the beginning when we only had one car and it was up to me to drop him off around the kids' schedules at the beginning of the week and pick him up at the end..usually at 3 am or some other ungodly hour. Not knowing till the last minute, having it all changed up on you over and over again. That drove me to dislike the entire thing after a bit. Hope you get yours straightened out and get on some kind of a regular schedule in the next couple of years. It makes life so much easier knowing when you leave, and (approx) when you'll be home AND what you can expect in your paycheck in the end, right?

But for now, you do what you can, right?

CONGRATULATIONS on the graduation to your (soon to be step?) daughter!

Happy Trails :D
    peace,
    jo

edited May 2012
    StillHere wrote:
    one thing that always bugged me when i was married to a driver was the schedule, or lack of it, especially back in the beginning when we only had one car and it was up to me to drop him off around the kids' schedules at the beginning of the week and pick him up at the end..usually at 3 am or some other ungodly hour. Not knowing till the last minute, having it all changed up on you over and over again. That drove me to dislike the entire thing after a bit. Hope you get yours straightened out and get on some kind of a regular schedule in the next couple of years. It makes life so much easier knowing when you leave, and (approx) when you'll be home AND what you can expect in your paycheck in the end, right?

But for now, you do what you can, right?

CONGRATULATIONS on the graduation to your (soon to be step?) daughter!

Happy Trails :D
    I dont know about "soon to be" but I can see it at some point in the future.

The miles have been fairly consistant. Downside is the way the schedule I'm on plays out. too many weeks with 4 days of miles on them. time at home has settled in to as much of routine as is possible I guess. Good news is dispatcher called to say dont come in til..... instead of me showing up and waiting. So he's working for/with me.

Still looking ot get into something else with them. just need at least 6 months for one of th epositions. The other is mostly night driving . dedicated for JC Penney's. they deliver in th emiddle of the night. Gives the employees a chance to stock the clothes and othe rgoods before the store opens.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:

Truck was delayed yesterday at a shipper (?). Driver ran out of hours til this morning. Soooooo, I dont have to report til noon. Will get there at 11 so I can load into the truck and maybe put a few things away. Thiong that bugs me about it is potentially having to work so late in the day. Makes finding a parking spot more difficult depending on where in the country you are. Hopefully I get a good long run to start off with.
    you are a semi truck driver. you park wherever the fuck you wanna park.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

you are a semi truck driver. you park wherever the fuck you wanna park.
    tell that to the Maryland State Police. hehehehe

they know you're tired and or out of hours. they'll leave u be 99% of the time.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    then tell 'em to stick their stupid ass badge up their location :lol:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    then tell 'em to stick their stupid ass badge up their 10-20 :lol:
    Fixed that for ya Mr. Wick
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    up their 10-20 :lol: ?

i am missing something
    help me out here... stillhere

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    they know you're tired and or out of hours. they'll leave u be 99% of the time.
    no, not maryland. they seem to have a hard on for drivers. So I've heard. Made a point to pass through only.

chadwick wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    up their 10-20 :lol: ?

i am missing something
    help me out here... stillhere
    you said up their LOCATION. whats your 10-20 is CB speak for location. Been outta the truck for a while there chadders.

shut down at my usual stopping point here in foggy Ft Chiswell Va. Thought it better to shut down than attempt Fancy Gap downgrade(6% for 7 miles) while I'm tired at 1:30 am.

Man, so first my dispatch calls yesterday(tuesday) to tell me the truck will be late getting in to Obetz and to not show up for work til noon instead of the 0800 I was supposed to. Fine by me. This morning(wednesday) rolls around he calls again. Hey we got a hot load for you. sears run from columbus to somewhere in Illinois. BUT it wont be ready til 1900 and delivers at 0300. Get here at 1700. OK.

arrive at the new start time to find out that load was pulled from me. New load was ready at noon. we will have "service failure" if it doesnt deliver by 1400. BUT some of my info states I have until 2359 to drop. Got this info verbally from dispatch as well. Not sure I trust it, so since I shut down now even with enough allowable working hours to deliver , it will deliver between 1430 and 1530.

wow all that military time lingo is confusing... my brain must be getting to old
    or maybe mad cow?? :lol:

sounds like a big jumble of confusion on your end but looks like you got it all straightened out.

no downgrade at bedtime? doesn't that truck know how to drive itself? :mrgreen::lol:

good morning!
    peace,
    jo

do have until 1159 pm ( :mrgreen: ) to get this there. Have my next assignment take right back where I came from. Crap For Walmart. but its another 563 miles paid on whats going to be a very short trip out this time.

yesterday kinda fucked me too. would have been able to deliver last night or at a more reasonable time this this morning , instead of midafternoon. oh well.

At a Patriot Farms Flying J. Lot is packed but still a few spots, maybe 10 left out of 200. Took a lap around the lot. Little exercise I'm going to start doing and increasing.

They have routed me up through Va on 95 then into maryland then through the backwoods (read lots of steep hills and a shit ton of curves) on US40 in Pa. Not going to happen with 44K in the box. Fucking too much work clutching and shifting up and down. Once i hit I81 I'm taking that to 70 and coming in thata way. At Pittsburg I'll be taking US22 gto get to my walmart drop location.

pretty fucking cool. raging storm right now with some real good lightening to go with.

Currently on a 800 mile total run that allows me time at home for my GF's daaughters graduation on sunday. PLUS it gives me another 600ish to get back home to do time at home for real. Her daughter doesnt know I can be there for sure yet.

mickeyrat wrote:
    pretty fucking cool. raging storm right now with some real good lightening to go with.

Currently on a 800 mile total run that allows me time at home for my GF's daaughters graduation on sunday. PLUS it gives me another 600ish to get back home to do time at home for real. Her daughter doesnt know I can be there for sure yet.

awesome surprise for her!

and we do love a good thunderstorm don't we?
    the best way to relax ever.
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

oh yeah, rain pounding on the fiberglass roof and lightning strikes every few seconds. Plus I'm parked facing the direction the storm is coming.

mickeyrat wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

oh yeah, rain pounding on the fiberglass roof and lightning strikes every few seconds. Plus I'm parked facing the direction the storm is coming.

just stay out from under those trees :D
    peace,
    jo

wow, that was touching. GF's daughter was going to 2 HS. Split her time between the two. The first is the traditional HS. That graduation is tomorrow. Today she graduated from her alternative program. Her district has this 4 yr alternative program that offers nontraditional teaching. Like this walkabout thing shes been on for the last 4 months.

mickeyrat wrote:
    wow, that was touching. GF's daughter was going to 2 HS. Split her time between the two. The first is the traditional HS. That graduation is tomorrow. Today she graduated from her alternative program. Her district has this 4 yr alternative program that offers nontraditional teaching. Like this walkabout thing shes been on for the last 4 months.

what was touching? :?

sounds interesting.
    what is this walkabout you speak of?
    glad you got home in time!
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

what was touching? :?

sounds interesting.
    what is this walkabout you speak of?
    glad you got home in time!
    Her graduation from the alternative program, whole seperate school. 33 seniors were "presented" by someone of their choosing to tell a story or anecdote about who the presenter thought they were or what they were like.

Walkabout is similar in concept to the aboriginal practice. The kids pick some endeavour to participate in. Its used as a learn about themselves and what they are capable of tool. two 8 week trips.
    heres the wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linworth_A ... ve_Program

Kids who come from some cash go to europe, africa , etc. by themselves. others go to places here in the states. GF's daughter went to virginia and stayed with her aunt while she explored being an art teacher. her role was more as an teachers assistant but she got to do a couple lesson plans. It showed her she doesnt want to teach. her second 8 weeks was spent at an "intention community living" situation. A commune. East Wind Community, Tecumsah, Mo.

Each student had to give a presentation on their walkabouts. split them up into seperate classrooms of 4-5 kids each. there were two sessions/presentations given. 15 min per student each session. Parents were encouraged to sit in on a different one in addition to their child.

intentional living like for people with mental or emotional issues?

or an eco-village type thing?
    peace,
    jo