IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,418
    mickeyrat wrote:
    just hours away from getting off this schedule. Been at this location since 445 yesterday. I STILL have NOT recieved info directing me where to go next. Think I want to call in and say just bring me home. How this fucking company stays in business with all the seeming ineptitude is beyond me.
    I have waited 6 months to say this....
    Because I want nothing but the BEST for you and your career.....

Schneider is the WORST Trucking company on planet Earth!
    It is nothing more than slave labor!

When you finish your 1 year, and move on to bigger and better.
    You will know exactly what I am talking about.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,768
    mickeyrat wrote:
    just hours away from getting off this schedule. Been at this location since 445 yesterday. I STILL have NOT recieved info directing me where to go next. Think I want to call in and say just bring me home. How this fucking company stays in business with all the seeming ineptitude is beyond me.
    I have waited 6 months to say this....
    Because I want nothing but the BEST for you and your career.....

Schneider is the WORST Trucking company on planet Earth!
    It is nothing more than slave labor!

When you finish your 1 year, and move on to bigger and better.
    You will know exactly what I am talking about.
    You didnt have to wait. But I get it. One thing I can say is, the AC in my truck works and I get paid a few cents more than .25 like that Swift driver you saw the other day1!!!

I can see having to stay til early spring next year. Thats when I saw the LTL companies realy in a hiring push. Gonna shoot for Old Dominion. Heard betterthings about them than others. Next would be Estes , although their facility is quite small. Last would be Conway. Only because the fuckers have never responded to the many apps I submitted.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Alrighty then, except for the occasional "overnight" I should be having HOME as my location going forward. Start Sunday night on our JC Penny acct delivering product to the stores and truckloads to other distribution centers in the region.

They need to find me a truck , but iin the meantime I just may be in the same loaner truck I was in this last time out. Wasnt a bad truck , just run hard. Close to 500K on the odomater. It was a former team truck. Looks like they were running hard.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    its official. In the loaner for at least Monday. They have a run down to Hamilton Ohio. just north of Fuck Cincy. Live load from a vendor for Penny's. Appt is at 0800. means I need to be at our yard to get the truck at about 4 so I can drive to penny's DC to get the mt trailer by 5.

Guess I 'll be making the coffee pretty strong !!!!!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:

addict ;) :P

congrats! :D
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

addict ;) :P

congrats! :D
    Look Norm. I gave up the booze, the pot, the crack, the pills, even quit smoking. DO not I repeat DO NOT try and fuck with my coffee. :nono: :nono: :nono: It wouldnt be pretty. :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:

i always laugh a little when i pass a aa meeting on a break and 30 people are guzzling coffee and chain smoking marlboro reds :lol::lol:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you're doing a good job, mickrat. you really are a professional these days. you even use this wild ass lingo i don't even understand. go get em, mickrat. beep beep
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    first day tomorrow. Normally I would have left for work by now , to start at 2200. But I have to get up at 0300 or 0330 to go get the loaner truck and then drive to the distribution center to be ready to roll by 0500.

Heres to hoping things go smoothly.

Hey Mickey...
    Good luck on the New GIG!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bit of a rough start. I dont have a truck assigned to me yet. Will be using the loaner truck I had last week. HOWEVER, that wasnt set up in the system this morning. Imagine my surprise when I wasnt allowed to leave the yard at 0430.

After that was cleared up , I was given a little 200 ml roundtrip run. Easy enough. Will do the same run tomorrow morning then tomorrow night I'll start my regular runs delivering to stores.

Found out I will be assigned a truck next week. Same year I've been in. 2010. wonder how that one has been treated. I will have to catch a ride to our Carlisle center to pick it up.

Bit of a learning curve . But I think I can hang with this. Good news is if theres not enough runs to stores available they will share us with Honda acct and/or come up with work. Tonight I will be shuttling an empty trailer from Cbus yard to Indy yard. 360+ miles on that run. Go in at 2000 and likely will finsh around 0300 or 0400. We'll see.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Bit of a learning curve . But I think I can hang with this. Good news is if theres not enough runs to stores available they will share us with Honda acct and/or come up with work. Tonight I will be shuttling an empty trailer from Cbus yard to Indy yard. 360+ miles on that run. Go in at 2000 and likely will finsh around 0300 or 0400. We'll see.
    What do you get with this run?
    Mileage?
    Detention?
    Unloading pay?
    Loading pay?

Is this a step up financially? I HOPE!!!!
    mickeyrat wrote:
    What do you get with this run?
    Mileage?
    Detention?
    Unloading pay?
    Loading pay?

Is this a step up financially? I HOPE!!!!
    its mileage. .27 (home daily) there is stop pay from stop 2 or more,unloading pay, short haul, runs too tight for detention I would imagine.

Still in bideing my time mode Speeds. An opportunity presents itself that I feel is worth the jump, see ya slow rolling orange!!

Making a sacrifice for my GF. She wants me around more, I know, go figure.

mickeyrat wrote:
    its mileage. .27 (home daily) there is stop pay from stop 2 or more,unloading pay, short haul, runs too tight for detention I would imagine.

Still in bideing my time mode Speeds. An opportunity presents itself that I feel is worth the jump, see ya slow rolling orange!!

What does the mileage pay, YOUR mileage pay, increase to after your 1st full year?
    mickeyrat wrote:

What does the mileage pay, YOUR mileage pay, increase to after your 1st full year?
    I'll let you know when I go to the other company. :mrgreen:
    Actually , I'm looking at our Honda dedicated account. That pays up to .36. I'll get to run that a little bit.

This change wasnt so much a financial decision as it was a more time at home decision.

Okie dokie. After I make my run to Akron tomorrow morning ,I jump in a rental car with another driver(noob) and drive to our yard in Pa to pick up my tractor abd he will get his.. Getting paid for it too, which really helps my mileage count this week. Downside is I'll need to sleep in the truck tomorrow night.

Ok, so I'm not in my truck yet. BUT I'm on my way to get MY truck!!! No more offloading every week and then loading in.

Here's hoping its in decent shape and fairly clean.

I got a truck!!!! Think its a 2010. It has only 168K miles on it!!!! Midroof , so its not as tall, which means I can't stand fully straight in it. Needs a decent cleaning and I'll see how she drives later this morning after I wake up.

Its been a long day, was up at 0500 yesterday morning. So I'm outtie for the night!

Turns out the last driver failed to inform the shop of the nonfunctioning on board computer system. Shop replaced the cpu and the satelite antennae. Now to wait for the nameless faceless IT guy to get off his ass and update the software for the new cpu. 1-2 hours. Maybe.
    Truck sat for at least three days after its preventive maintenance on the 17th. Who knows how long it sat before then. Fuckers!

Well, I like the way it runs!!! Has new rubber all the way round, makes for a smoother ride. Shifts easy. Just need to do a thorough cleaning , little by little. Febreeze has taken the cig smoke smell out.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Well, I like the way it runs!!! Has new rubber all the way round, makes for a smoother ride. Shifts easy. Just need to do a thorough cleaning , little by little. Febreeze has taken the cig smoke smell out.

i knew a woman like that :shifty:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

oh man, so many places to go with that. I dont know where to start!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    norm wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

oh man, so many places to go with that. I dont know where to start!!

:wave:
  • mickey?
    What are u up to these days?
    mickey?
    What are u up to these days?
    delivering JC Penney Goods on our dedicated account with them. Its night driving. THATS been an adjustment. Mostly home daily. And the money is more consistant. We have Ohio, Indiana,West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, and Kentucky.oh we have Michigan too.

Best weeks check yet today. 865 gross. Next week will be better. JCP has been slamming us with deliveries. I have over 2k miles in so far with another 286 to add to the tally tonight. Of course this is only for their debut week( change the seasons clothes). I expect it to slow down a tad next week. But then again , we do now have the indiana stores. & drivers came over with that part of the account.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Best weeks check yet today. 865 gross. Next week will be better. JCP has been slamming us with deliveries. I have over 2k miles in so far with another 286 to add to the tally tonight. Of course this is only for their debut week( change the seasons clothes). I expect it to slow down a tad next week. But then again , we do now have the indiana stores. & drivers came over with that part of the account.
    this weeks check IS better. grossed 1K and change!!!!

Gonna enjoy it. Likely wont happen again for a while. Back down to the steady money , which is fine.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    yay! how long are you home for?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    yay! how long are you home for?
    daily these days. I'm working a dedicated account we have with JC Penneys. Rarely am I sleeping in the truck now.