IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    I need to write the numbers down, but I think I can live with what I see on the low end of mileage range per week given to me by that dispatcher on the dedicated account.

What really seals the deal is home almost daily.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Oh yeah, the other truck(meaning #2) now has 8 brand spanking new tires on the drive axles. Fucker ought to ride real smooth now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    new drive tires on both axles make it ride very smoothly. Last load before coming home was a truckload of new, empty anheuser busch bottles to the brewery here in Columbus.

Currently enjoying the first of three days at home. Going to an arts festival in a burb where I live. Should be pretty cool. Even if the temps wont be.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    told my dispatcher I want to transfer. It will take up to a month to go into effect. Same schedule in the meantime.

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mickeyrat wrote:
    told my dispatcher I want to transfer. It will take up to a month to go into effect. Same schedule in the meantime.

Good for you! Home almost everyday is awesome. :thumbup:

unless the GF feels differently about that. :lol:
    transfer in the works. it takes 30 days to complete. Guess they need to find a replacement to take my spot on that dispatch board. I think they can go down the road, I saw some roadkill that would work. :mrgreen:

DS, it was largely her idea. Strange as it sounds, she wants me around more. Go figure.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    transfer in the works. it takes 30 days to complete. Guess they need to find a replacement to take my spot on that dispatch board. I think they can go down the road, I saw some roadkill that would work. :mrgreen:

DS, it was largely her idea. Strange as it sounds, she wants me around more. Go figure.

sounds like it will be good for everyone.

sucks that your schedule will be ass backwards while you work nights, but i'm sure it'll be great to sleep in your own bed most nights.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:

That's cool then. She'll smarten up. :lol:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

sounds like it will be good for everyone.

sucks that your schedule will be ass backwards while you work nights, but i'm sure it'll be great to sleep in your own bed most nights.
    staying with them as long as I can stand it. I want them to pay for most of my loan I got to get the CDL in the first place!!! There a couple different dedicated accounts that could get me home daily or a couple times throughout the week if I find I cant get with the night work.. This one offers some extra pay for unloading etc.

deliver some bedliners or something to that effect to a place for GM in the morning. Then I pick up a load going to Laredo, Tx. I wont be going the whole way, I'm hoping I get to take it as far as West Memphis Ar.

load of wheel parts for Volkswagon Mexico. Beetle wheel parts!! Not bad. 669 paid miles. I relay this in West Memphis, Ar. Another driver will finish the run to Laredo,Tx.

mickeyrat wrote:
    load of wheel parts for Volkswagon Mexico. Beetle wheel parts!! Not bad. 669 paid miles. I relay this in West Memphis, Ar. Another driver will finish the run to Laredo,Tx.

A german assembled in mexico. Sweet. Follow the demise of chrysler. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'm pretty sure these are for the old beetles that are still produced down there for that market only. Trailer is almost full to the doors and the actual product itself only weighs 5k? Eh, pays the same!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'm pretty sure these are for the old beetles that are still produced down there for that market only. Trailer is almost full to the doors and the actual product itself only weighs 5k? Eh, pays the same!!

What I was kind of eluding to was it's funny worldwide, especially in this US, how many people will only "buy amercian', or only "buy Japanese", or only "buy German". If they only toook the time to do some research. It's fine to be brand loyal but in today's economy and structure car companies are global. The company I'm most familiar with is Toyota and they're more of an American car company than any of the big three. :lol:
    Would have made my planned shut down were it not for the wreck of two tractor/trailers. One of which burned the tractor to the frame. Just gone. Weird seeing the guts of a tractor still hooked to a trailer. wasted 2 hours getting past it. So now instead of about 35 miles to delivery , I'm 95 miles from delivery.

Here I am bitching when hopefully the guy they lifeflighted from the scene still has life!!!!

this kinda sucks. only have 2 hours available to me to drive. The nearest truck stop looked full on my way in to drop a trailer here. Am now waiting fo rmy next assignment, but we're dealing with weekend support shift. They fucking suck!!!! Except for that one woman Joy. She IS helpful when my stuff comes across her screen.

About to go in to our office here( we have a dedicated accountr with walmart) and ask about good inexpensive pizza delivery. I'm hungry!!

goddamn clusterfuck. sat for 15-16 hours waiting on a load that
    a, would still allow me the chance for some decent miles on the day
    b. would still keep me close enough to home to park it last night.

INSTEAD they routed me straight home essentially wasting a day of driving in a week that will only see 4 days of driving for the payweek. I CANNOT wait til this transfer goes through.

I really mean no offense, but this state kinda sucks big truckers balls. Damn hard to find a place to park. Was really lucky. Now I need to get to Brandywine from Hagerstown in 2 hours in the morning. 100 miles away around DC at rush hour. Think I can make it?

Couldnt believe it!!!! Made it with 10 minutes til appt time. Based on my limited experience with DC I thought for sure I would be late. BUT I was routed by the GPS to go around the top of 495. Little thick at times but otherwise kept moving. Currently being unloaded.

FUCK its already 87 degrees here in Brandywine. And its humid too.

Have no idea where I will be disptched next. South would be good. Cooler down there~!!!!

fucking bullshit.

what a fucking day. Fis=rst go to pick up an empty trailer. HAd ssen the place wasnt open on weekends. Phone call last night to support says , yes you can go get it. No dice. THEN they send me 90 miles to central long island. Same fucking deal. no trailer can be released without authorization. Fuckwads tries to send me back to the first place!!!! all told I drove 230 miles to finally get an empty trailer that could be swapped for a loaded one at a customer. RAn I-95 over the George Washington bridge three fucking times. GOD I hate that fucking thing.

Am now clean and fed here in Milford Connecticut..

Shitty part is I get to turn right around tomorrow morning after I drop this load and run that same fucking bridge. Thank God I'm headed to Indiana with that load.

mickeyrat wrote:
    what a fucking day. Fis=rst go to pick up an empty trailer. HAd ssen the place wasnt open on weekends. Phone call last night to support says , yes you can go get it. No dice. THEN they send me 90 miles to central long island. Same fucking deal. no trailer can be released without authorization. Fuckwads tries to send me back to the first place!!!! all told I drove 230 miles to finally get an empty trailer that could be swapped for a loaded one at a customer. RAn I-95 over the George Washington bridge three fucking times. GOD I hate that fucking thing.

Shitty part is I get to turn right around tomorrow morning after I drop this load and run that same fucking bridge. Thank God I'm headed to Indiana with that load.

GW is brutal in a car...couldn't imagine it driving a rig. You don't have a gun with you do you? :? :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

GW is brutal in a car...couldn't imagine it driving a rig. You don't have a gun with you do you? :? :lol:
    sucks in a semi , especially loaded with 35K in the box. Puts me at around 78K gross. :twisted:

Damn lane jumpers are part of the problem, causing the accordian effect. Also those damn tolls really make for a bottleneck. :fp:

Who needs a gun , when I have a german PJ license plate in the window!!!! :mrgreen:

Okie dokie, looks like I'm over the hump on the snafu's. Just after I picked up the empty trailer with the flat tire!!!! Instead of leaving it fo ranother driver to have to deal with , I called for road service. Turns out it just had a loose valve stem. Road tech tightened it up and aired it up plus put 4 new valve stem caps on the tires that were missing them. Got rolling again about an hour after I called it in. Good day of driving. 532 miles in @ 9 1/2 hours driving time.

Hell even going back over the GWB wasnt bad at all compared to yesterday. Was able to average abpout 40 mph through manhattan and the bronx.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dear mickeyrat,

what do you think of backing up? have you got any good stories on reverse for us?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    not really.

Still have a lot to learn about my set ups, but I'm doing ok.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    not really.

Still have a lot to learn about my set ups, but I'm doing ok.
    accidents, mickrat, accidents

smacking something in reverse is always nice
    a real good time

keep up the good work, sir

have you dropped a loaded trailer on the ground yet?
    i did that 1 & a half times

one tanker empty...pulled out from under it before i set it legs down. smack on the ground one tanker. :shock:
    one trailer fulla lead plates for melting down to make car batteries...i wasn't backed into/locked into the 5th wheel like i thought i was. while pulling forward im looking in my mirrors and see the trailer going to the right as i am going straight. i stop and get out. trailer nose is now balanced on the rear tractor axle and air lines and electrical line stretched out to their limits. ooops.

this is why every single time i crawled under the trailer to make sure the jaw lock thing was around the kingpin..in dark i used a flashlight

flashlights are a driver's bestest buddy :mrgreen: that & your pee jug ;)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    fucking dumbasses I swear. Receive load info that looks like its a decent run to start the day tomorrow. I show up in the nick of time, according ot the info. Turns out it was a brokered load we are doing for Werner. Appt is for tomorrow at 1800 not today at 1420. Fuckers. Now I have one that picks up in the morning. I will drop it at the home yard , getting screwed yet again of most of a days driving. I'm looking for employment elsewhere.

mickeyrat wrote:
    fucking dumbasses I swear. Receive load info that looks like its a decent run to start the day tomorrow. I show up in the nick of time, according ot the info. Turns out it was a brokered load we are doing for Werner. Appt is for tomorrow at 1800 not today at 1420. Fuckers. Now I have one that picks up in the morning. I will drop it at the home yard , getting screwed yet again of most of a days driving. I'm looking for employment elsewhere.

That sucks! When will you find out about the other position you wanted?