IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,770
    StillHere wrote:
    intentional living like for people with mental or emotional issues?

or an eco-village type thing?
    stinky unwashed dread wearing hippy commune living :mrgreen: . egalatarian (sp?) society. You can search eastwind community to get the scoop.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    600 miles in 10 hours 15 minutes. I thought traffic would be worse than it was. Smooth sailing.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    the waiting drove me mad. Have delivered. Waiting on the trip planners to get me a run to or toward home. Am told that it is in the works, I guess the planners are bidding on a run to columbus.

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    good day then so far?
    smooth sailing and such :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    600 miles in 10 hours 15 minutes. I thought traffic would be worse than it was. Smooth sailing.

you drive slow :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

most other people call it within the legal limit. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

most interstates are 65.....

600/10.25 = 58.5 = slow ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    just be glad you're not on the Schuylkill Expressway in Conshocken, PA - big accident, oil spill, been closed for hours. I feel for those people that got stuck behind it with no where to go. It's a scorcher out there today.
    just be glad you're not on the Schuylkill Expressway in Conshocken, PA - big accident, oil spill, been closed for hours. I feel for those people that got stuck behind it with no where to go. It's a scorcher out there today.

:( not a fun trip on a good day
    today....the pits
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    StillHere wrote:

:( not a fun trip on a good day
    today....the pits

that's true, that area is a friggin' nightmare
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

most interstates are 65.....

600/10.25 = 58.5 = slow ;)

i said within. :P

and tbh id prefer all those big trucks i was sharing the road with werent going quite as fast as me. actually now that i think of it, our trucks(at least in my state) are speed limited and cant travel as fast as the rest of us. do you have that here?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

i said within. :P

and tbh id prefer all those big trucks i was sharing the road with weren't going quite as fast as me. actually now that i think of it, our trucks(at least in my state) are speed limited and cant travel as fast as the rest of us. do you have that here?

NJ/PA we have what I like to call Super-Truckers

the ones who can see better than the rest of us in torrential rain, white out snow conditions, and fog....tornadoes, hurricanes, a downpour of frogs..whatever comes our way..they apparently can see right through it all.

OR maybe if they drive at the speed of sound they will be able to slip right through and between each drop/flake/frog and never be tarnished by even a drop? Maybe gear 13 is Warp Drive?

I don't know where they get those super duper eyeballs that allow them to drive at 90 mph when I can't see a damned thing and I'm struggling to see the road.

Maybe they hand them out when you graduate trucker school?
    peace,
    jo

Ok, headed toward my shutdown point last night , I traveled the "Buford Pusser Highway" which is a section of US64 between US45 and Tn 22.

Currently I have 1600 miles in this week and have a 300 mile run for friday set up with saturday to go.

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632

been there, done that. coming home from the shore one time and sat there for hours. everyone shut down cars and got out, walked around. it was weird. luckily it was at night, not so hot

we call it the "sure-kill expressway"
    Oh, and Cate? Some states do have split speed limits. Some companies like mine do limit the max speed for their trucks too. Using cruise control is 60 mph, straight pedal is 65 max. They prefer we use cruise control . they claim it conserves fuel at a savings of millions of dollars a year. From my perspective, hauling 45,000 pounds and weighing close to 80,000 total, at 60 mph your rpm's arent high enough to compensate for hills. So it kills your speed rather quickly forcing a downshift, which the more you shift the more fuel you can use.

Got a hot load of bathtubs and other bathroom stuff headed to Pittston, Pa. . This stuff is plastic and therefore very light. less than 8k in the trailer. Fine by me. Means I can tae the hills at 60-65. Have tried out driving without the cruise, just the pedal to the floor. Only do 65 BUT it takes the hills better because the RPM's are at the sweet spot. right around 1450. Seem to get slightly better fuel mileage too.Less downshift needed , depending on weight I'm hauling.

Going to turn out to be a good week. close to 2400 paid.

Disconnect that .gov :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Disconnect that .gov :x
    I wish. Funny though, the folks who run teams get to do 67-68. I dont get it.

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

been there, done that. coming home from the shore one time and sat there for hours. everyone shut down cars and got out, walked around. it was weird. luckily it was at night, not so hot

we call it the "sure-kill expressway"

Happened to me in Guelph Canada a few years ago. The 401 was completely shut down for 3 hours. Everyone did just get out of their cars and start chatting. There was a truck fire/fuel spill.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    delivered!!! I swear that extra 5mph can add up through out the day. left my next available the same. 0800 tomorrow morning , with only 8 hrs available to drive. I'm chewing up my 70 hour clock for the week already. Down to 45 hours left. Tomorrow should b3e fun to start the day. Usually when we go get a load we drop an empty trailer to replace th eloaded one. Homw Depot only had one empty and it was DQ'd due to a needed repair. Soooo, I get to play that fun schneider game " hunt the empty trailer". Thats where you drive all over looking for one. ood news is , its paid BUT not very productive.

oh yeah, heard on the radio about 15 miles from drop. 2 bear cubs playing in the raod on US 11 near Wilkes-Barre.
    :shock: :o
    :?

:fp: :fp:

BS week for milage. 1100. Just sent an email about a dedicated account we run. For JC Penny. roundtrips , so home daily is doable. extra pay for unloading and extra stops. More consistant miles per week. I think regardless of its CPM , I'm going to request it.

At a Love's truck stop for the night. Grabbed one of 4 available parking spots left. Thought I should shut down now , rather than try to find parking in Jersey, which is next to impossible from what I understand.

100 miles from delivery. Plan on heading out at 6 for a 0900 delivery appt.

Looks like the transfer is on hold. Need to call dispatcher about that and a couple other things. Hope I have time tomorrow.

I hope I stay logged in for this.

all in all a decent day.

Until I saw those two bears at seperate places on the side of the road. Fucking sad.

Well now. Recruiting called me back today from filling out an application for a dedicated account for JCP. Wheels were set in motion and I now possess the # for the dispatcher on that account. Called and spoke briefly with him about maybe switching over to it. But he asked I call him back in 30. Did that , went to VM. BUT he did say there could very well be a spot for me over there!!!!!

Just need to get ahold of him and get the particulars then make my decision with my GF's input, as this affects her life too. CAll me whipped if you want , but shes good to me and deserves nothing but my best for her.
    And I think its mine to take if I want it. Just got off the phone with him.
    Have drums of fragrence for a load to SC Johnson. They smell like candles. What ever. Delivers tomorrow morning.

57 pallets of bounty paper towels enroute to Home Depot distribution center near "fuck cincy" ohio.

essentially did a round trip up to Green Bay today. AM now back in our yard in Gary again. This week is shaping up to be decent on miles.

Headed back toward Indy for a delivery of pallets to a bakery!!

transfer news, they are offfering .27 CPM for my experience level. with that is a consistant range of miles per week. Also offers extra pay fro driver unload and per stop pay from stop #2 and beyond. short mileage pay as well, the best "perk" is being home nearly daily. They have a few runs that would be 800-900 miles roundtrip that would require sleeping in the truck on occasion. I think in the end , I woul dmake about what I make now per week.

The hitch is , IF I stay where I am , I will get a raise to .34 or .35 per mile on July 1. HMMMMMM> what to do what to do.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Headed back toward Indy for a delivery of pallets to a bakery!!

I remember when I was a cigarette girl, and the delivery driver for a bakery gave us a bunch of bear claws for free.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I remember when I was a cigarette girl

now i know what i want in MT. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg