Penn State Scandal

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    So this prick called McQreary a liar on national tv , i wonder how Mcq feels now knowing he basically did nothing to stop this monster i don't mean just the bathroom incident but to have actually called the cops and put him in Jail yrs ago ...Another thing this case should be taken over by the feds ....Oh and what kid goes sliding across the bathroom floor what a fuck head this guy is he believes the whole nation is retarded ...
    thank you, jose. i always enjoy your posts, the ones i read anyway. you're a good guy. and correct. i heard that comment from Sandusky in that interview. i couldn't believe i heard it. who slides around in a locker room and shower area? those places are infested with microgerms ready to fuck people up. no one does that
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Davidtrios wrote:

My son has a PSU onesie that his grandma got for him. Probably too small for him, but it's fine if he wears it, unless they are playing Temple. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Davidtrios wrote:

My son has a PSU onesie that his grandma got for him. Probably too small for him, but it's fine if he wears it, unless they are playing Temple. ;)
    i'd burn the fucker but that's just me.

sorry for interupting :wave: hello ... bye

:mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Uh, my baby or my dog? :eh: :think:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • norm wrote:

i guess this group is just connecting the dots

booyah
  • from the times -

How the NBC interview came about:

For Costas, Sandusky Interview Came as a Surprise
    By BILL CARTER

When Bob Costas arrived at the studios of the new NBC newsmagazine program “ Rock Center” Monday night, he was prepared to interview Joseph Amendola, the lawyer for the man at the center of the pedophilia accusations that have rocked Penn State University, Jerry Sandusky.

“About 10 or 15 minutes prior to the start of the interview,” Mr. Costas said, “Amendola says to us, on his own: ‘What if I could get Sandusky on the phone?’ ”

The interview that resulted with Mr. Sandusky was the first time the former Penn State assistant football coach has spoken publicly since being charged with 40 counts related to child abuse.

Mr. Costas, who has been widely praised for his questioning and his demeanor in the interview, said in a telephone conversation Tuesday, “Some of the preparation I had done for the Amendola interview informed the questions I asked Sandusky, but I had not specifically prepared to interview Sandusky.”

He added, “Some of the questions were just obvious and they occurred to me as I spoke to him. But because he was not there, you’re not seeing his face, it was important to listen intently.”

One of Mr. Costas’s most pointed questions, and the one that has elcited the most reaction, occurred to him in the moment. Mr. Costas asked Mr. Sandusky whether he was sexually attracted to underage boys.

The response came after a pause, and only after Mr. Sandusky had repeated the question “as if he was pondering it,” Mr. Costas said. “People can and should reach their own conclusion. Many people told me they were struck by that.”

They were also struck by Mr. Costas’s direct tone. He said: “My feeling is, here is a story that is in some respects lurid, but it is also a legitimate news story. And if you can treat it like a news story without a lot of histrionics, then you can keep it where it belongs – as a legitimate news story. And not have it cross over into something that’s tabloid. I have a personal aversion to the later. The former, no matter how rough the subject matter, is legitimate.”

As for his own take on how Mr. Sandusky came across in the interview, Mr. Costas said, “People can infer, and most can probably guess accurately, what my sense of it was. But it’s not for me to say.”

The interview took place so late in the day — less than three hours before the show started at 10 p.m. Eastern time — that NBC was not able to widely promote it. Nonetheless, the ratings for “Rock Center” did improve about 30 percent Monday over the previous week.

Still, the show was seen by only about 3.9 million viewers. ABC News called reporters Monday to boast that its own news program at the same hour, the first interview with Gabrielle Giffords, the Arizona congresswoman who survived being shot in the head, dwarfed NBC’s news show by attracting 12.4 million viewers.

The ABC interview had been promoted for weeks. Still, ABC said its anchor, Diana Sawyer, had delivered a show that almost tripled the audience for an NBC show hosted by its anchor Brian Williams.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    81 wrote:

:lol::lol: I don't get the fascination.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,237
    McQ will be on CBS nightly news tonight ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

he's now saying he stopped it...via an email
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Yeah i heard that, will see tonight if he gets asked this exact ?? , i wan't the ? asked " Did you stop the assult and take the kid away ? .....
  • 81 wrote:

An e-mail to former teammates. Why did he do that? I wonder if they were getting on him (no pun intended). And he didn't say he stopped it. He says he made sure it stopped. So, in other words, Sandusky stopped when he saw him. But, he doesn't say he got the kid out of there, or found out his name, or helped him in any way. He actually, in fact probably made it worse by the kid now realizing that nobody was going to help him. Can you imagine the additional psychological impact of that?

I assumed all along Sandusky stopped when they saw him. I mean - does anyone really think he just looked over his shoulder and keep going (not to make this sound bad - sorry, but that's the only way to make this "admission" sound as silly as it really is.).

Again, I don't see anything that could possibly come out that will help any of these folks' cases.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    norm wrote:

He still sounds like a fucking coward , this whole thing will surely turn into a finger pointing contest . so now let's bring the school security force into this they should have to answer as to what they did or i should state failed to do ... I called my dad and he told me to come over , give me a fucking brake how about finding out the kids name calling the cops on the spot calling the kids mom or who ever was the person taking care of the kid ......What a fucking wimp ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-5 ... es-shaken/

"When do you think you'll be ready to talk," Keteyian asked.

"The whole process has to play out," McQueary replied. "I just don't have anything else to say."

"Describe your emotions right now."

"All over the place, just kind of shaken."

"Crazy?"

"Crazy," McQueary replied.

"You said like what, Mike?"

"Like a snow globe."

"Like a snow globe," Keteyian asked.

"Yes sir."

hard hitting interview :lol:
  • norm wrote:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57325408-10391695/penn-states-mcqueary-speaks-says-hes-shaken/

"The whole process has to play out," McQueary replied. "I just don't have anything else to say."

"Crazy?"

"Like a snow globe."

"Yes sir."

Right? You would think he would have asked about the email that he supposedly wrote that says he went to the police. Horrible reporting
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    norm wrote:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57325408-10391695/penn-states-mcqueary-speaks-says-hes-shaken/

"Crazy?"

"Like a snow globe."

"Yes sir."

This guy is making me sick he sounds like such a fucking wimp , YEAH I STOPPED IT oh really he just walked out of the locker room and left the kid with this monster why not go over and take the child with him , wtf am i wrong in this thinking or what ..... If i'm the producer of that news cast i'm fucking getting rid of this reporter how do you not ask that ? why did you not take the kid away from Sandusky :shock: ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    mike mcqueary sucked as a qb and he apparently sucks as a prosecution witness.

shut
    the
    hell
    up
    www.myspace.com
  • mike mcqueary sucked as a qb and he apparently sucks as a prosecution witness.

shut
    the
    hell
    up

you know when they said that he was a former QB, I didn't immediately recognize the name. Then I remembered he was the guy who succeeded Kerry Collins.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I wonder ... when Sandusky dies, will he get a viewing at the Staples Center in LA like MJ did? Will a movie be released posthumously that earns millions of dollars? Will they make games for the Wii that center around him?

We all know MJ was doing horrible things, yet society let it go on.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    My opinion is MJ had the mindset of a child.
    Due to horrible emotional and physical abuse he never grew past
    the young age of puberty emotionally.
    I will always believe he enjoyed the company of kids because adults
    were never trusted subconsciously.

Kids were like him, kids were who he could relate too.
    His motives were far from the motives of predators.
    Michael was messed up by the world ... a boy forever lost.

Sandusky is another story entirely, in my opinion,
    he is your classic child predator in all respects.
    His words chosen with fore thought to mask the truth.
    He is devious, calculating, manipulating, and in classic denial as to his sexual identity.

He didn't lie in most of the interview.... he omitted truth and twisted truth.
    The one telling question he stumbled over says it all. Took him a minute
    to change sexual attraction in his mind to something else ... love.

It is what pedophiles do...
    they say they are showing love when they assault.
    Like the love that two adults share and show through sexual contact.
    This they truly believe often because, as children at the hands of predators,
    they were told this.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    But we all knew MJ was sleeping in bed with young boys and we gave him a pass. And now we are all disgusted at the acts of Penn State.

Is it worse when ten people turn their backs on abuse, or hundreds of millions of people do it?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    So it's okay or justifiable for someone to abuse kids if they are fucked up and have the mind of a child? What a bunch if nonsense
    mike mcqueary sucked as a qb and he apparently sucks as a prosecution witness.

shut
    the
    hell
    up

you know when they said that he was a former QB, I didn't immediately recognize the name. Then I remembered he was the guy who succeeded Kerry Collins.

Wally Richardson
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Jason P wrote:
    But we all knew MJ was sleeping in bed with young boys and we gave him a pass. And now we are all disgusted at the acts of Penn State.

Is it worse when ten people turn their backs on abuse, or hundreds of millions of people do it?
    I don't want to get into sexual specifics here because of MJ's memory,
    suffice to say, I believe if any activity happened it was likened to child on child
    in my opinion.
    Not that I would condone that, him being an adult in the eyes of the law.
    I also do not know the transcripts of what MJ was accused with and if it is
    the same as Sandusky.

I know you may not agree with me, many may not, I go on a gut feeling only
    but I feel MJ is miles away from a adult man like Sandusky and his pedophile motives.

The 'proof' perhaps in this case also ... eye witness, the graphic accusations, the number of
    victims, assaults and years, is so very appalling as is the man's own rehearsed denial
    that is causing this reaction.

I know when MJ was on trial there was also many who felt he was guilty
    and should be punished. Perhaps it ended in a civil case. I do not remember.

I hope the eye witness in this case is not about to be discredited
    because on the am news the victim in the shower says it never happened
    so this may end up civil also.

These events are eye openers for parents.
  • A little off topic, but is the story about Sandusky's lawyer true? That when he was 49- he knocked up a 16 year old girl, that he did later marry?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • A little off topic, but is the story about Sandusky's lawyer true? That when he was 49- he knocked up a 16 year old girl, that he did later marry?

Yes. Mom of girl confirmed. But, I think age of consent (at least at the time) in PA was 16. So, no law was broken. Then, the married and had another child, but have since divorced. Mom of girl says he's a great father (to the couple's kids - sorry, couldn't resist), and that all that matters.

Still kind of wacky. But, I guess what do you expect? This is clearly a case that only someone trying to make a name for themselves would take. He's really in a no lose situation. If convicted, well, the client was guilty. If he gets him off.....well, I think there are tv shows about the kids of someone that did that.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • pandora wrote:
    My opinion is MJ had the mindset of a child.
    Due to horrible emotional and physical abuse he never grew past
    the young age of puberty emotionally.
    I will always believe he enjoyed the company of kids because adults
    were never trusted subconsciously.

Kids were like him, kids were who he could relate too.
    His motives were far from the motives of predators.
    Michael was messed up by the world ... a boy forever lost.

Sandusky is another story entirely, in my opinion,
    he is your classic child predator in all respects.
    His words chosen with fore thought to mask the truth.
    He is devious, calculating, manipulating, and in classic denial as to his sexual identity.

He didn't lie in most of the interview.... he omitted truth and twisted truth.
    The one telling question he stumbled over says it all. Took him a minute
    to change sexual attraction in his mind to something else ... love.

It is what pedophiles do...
    they say they are showing love when they assault.
    Like the love that two adults share and show through sexual contact.
    This they truly believe often because, as children at the hands of predators,
    they were told this.
    Actually true pedophiles do have the mindset of a child. They get stagnated at a certain age, often due to abuse, and truly relate on an emotional age as if they are the same age as the child. MJ seems to fit the bill perfectly.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • "8 year olds, Dude"

jesusq.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.