Penn State Scandal

Comments

• Davidtrios wrote:
    The school won't go under. They're going to take a hit, but they won't go under. This is by far not the first cover up linked to a school. New Title IX guidelines came out this year in response to some horrific coverups at universities. They just don't always get this much attention.

Yes not the first cover up by a school but this is the biggest cover up/scandal of all time. Life will go on but form here on out when people think of Penn State this situation will always be brought up. You can't sweep something like this under the rug.

if i was hiring 5 years from now and i saw Penn St on a candidate's resume, I would seriously think twice about that person's decision making abilities.
    Then you also shouldn't hire anyone who is Catholic. Or a former boyscout. Or who grew up in a family.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    if you were an investor in the stock market, and PSU was a publically traded company...

buy or sell?

ok NOW im done

buy....

if it was a stock, the price would have been hammered already....

go take a look at CTS back in early 2010.....

fyi, they were the gas pedal manufacturer for all the "runaway" toyota's

stock dumped 25% and then gained it all back over the next couple of months as fiction was replaced with facts.

so you're buying bc you think the scandal is fiction? :?

no....i'm buying because if it was a stock, i believe it would have been hammered already and will be rebounding in the near term.

mabye CTS was a bad comparison...maybe Tyco of a few years earlier would have been better. i believe it would be TYCO circa 2003(?) i'd have to look up the exact year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    no....i'm buying because if it was a stock, i believe it would have been hammered already and will be rebounding in the near term.

mabye CTS was a bad comparison...maybe Tyco of a few years earlier would have been better. i believe it would be TYCO circa 2003(?) i'd have to look up the exact year
    81 has the business savvy of a young donald trump on caffeine ready to fire everybody
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BOB COSTAS TO INTERVIEW SANDUSKY

Tonight on "Rock Center" at 10 pm on NBC.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    norm wrote:

Thanks nice read....isn't it funny how Pankis could find it odd that Sandusky was always in players space, touchy and showered near them. I'm glad he survived his sexual abuse well.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    norm wrote:

Thanks nice read....isn't it funny how Pankis could find it odd that Sandusky was always in players space, touchy and showered near them. I'm glad he survived his sexual abuse well.

Peace
    A lot of survivors have a gut reaction to abusers...they can't explain it, but it's like their spidey sense kicks in and they can tell when something is off with someone. One of the many strengths that comes out of being abused is being so attuned to the subtleties about how people interact. Sounds like Pankis knew something was off with the whole system. Glad he survived his abuse and seems to be thriving.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    BOB COSTAS TO INTERVIEW SANDUSKY

Tonight on "Rock Center" at 10 pm on NBC.

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2 ... those-kids
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    "i shouldn't have showered with those kids."
    well no shit?

whoever even does such a thing? i certainly would believe 100% of all grown ass men who are not fucked up in the head would not concider showering w/ kids after playing football. no one does that unless they enjoy being nude w/ kids in the shower in the locker room.

i would never allow my son or daughter to shower w/ the coach. fuck off.

sandusky is a liar and a piece of shit child molester.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i just heard that the original prosecutor who built a case against sandusky in 1998 has been missing ever since 2005. his files and computer found near a river....pronounced dead :?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sandusky- ... d=14905668

also, mcqueary, the ONLY eye witness, is in protective custody right now bc of death threats. you would think these are death threats from people who are pissed that he never went to the police. others think the death threats are coming from people who have a lot invested in penn st and the football program...or, perhaps he'll testify about the rumored 'boys for sale' and single out specific names...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    you're way behind if you're just finding out about the DA. that is the most facsinating wrinkle in this story IMO

Looking forward to the Costas thing tonight. Don't think we will learn anything new, but it should be interesting. I hope costas grills him but I have a feeling we are going to hear 'I can't speak about that with the pending case' line a bunch.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I'm on my phone but I'll share at another time back when I taught preschool which caused me to become so fascinated with the circumstances of this case.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Who is costas interviewing and where?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Who is costas interviewing and where?

sandusky. tonight on nbc @ 10
    Just found that. Hes not going to say anything. I can't believe his lawyer is letting him do this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Just found that. Hes not going to say anything. I can't believe his lawyer is letting him do this.

maybe nbc is paying his lawyer fees
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

his lawyer was just on cnn saying essentially the same things...not quite sure of this legal strategy..."yes he showered with boys but he's not a pedophile. he's just a jock." :? :roll:
    Jesus, might want to find a new lawyer dude, not sure that one is going to go over to well.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jesus, might want to find a new lawyer dude, not sure that one is going to go over to well.

i don't know...this guy seems totally respectable

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/s ... RSdr9zeutK

:shock: :roll: :lol:
    :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The details in the grand jury report are bad enough but Sandusky's responses are beyond creepy.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    What a horrible fucking idea
    The details in the grand jury report are bad enough but Sandusky's responses are beyond creepy.
    Sounds creepy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    he didn't know what culpable meant. haha, too funny
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    what a shame

and very freaky
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The phone is not helping at all
    he had to pause before answering are you attracted to young boys

holy fuck
  • Bob asking the tough questions
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    norm wrote:
    he had to pause before answering are you attracted to young boys

holy fuck

I thought the same thing. Took him 5 mins to say No

That was bad

This guy is going to kill himself before this goes to trial
This discussion has been closed.