Penn State Scandal

g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Yes it is a disgrace. It's to the point now that anyone that wants to open a school or start a charity for young boys, you might have to question their motives.

I read some of the grand jury investigation and it was disgusting.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Everyone and I mean everyone needs to go down on this one. Yes, even Joe Pa. It's disgusting what they let this guy get away with because nothing was ever reported to the proper authorities.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Everyone and I mean everyone needs to go down on this one. Yes, even Joe Pa. It's disgusting what they let this guy get away with because nothing was ever reported to the proper authorities.

Doesn't this all sound familiar just like the treatment towards cover ups and look the other ways for Catholic priests. Just move them from one church to the other and keep it quiet.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Doesn't this all sound familiar just like the treatment towards cover ups and look the other ways for Catholic priests. Just move them from one church to the other and keep it quiet.

Peace

Yes it does. This guy is more was free to have sex with anyone, the Priests aren't period. Was this guy married and if so, where is she/he during all of this?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sorry ... i've just read about this the other day ...

is it still in the "alleged" phase or are we pretty sure he did it ...
    polaris_x wrote:

from what I read in the grand jury investigation, he was caught by someone in the gym shower with a 10 or so year old, having anal sex, and this person reported it to Joe Pa, who reported it to the two gentleman that stepped down yesterday. Apparently, they kind of swept it under the rug and that's why they're in trouble.

and according to the grand jury investigation, there are a minimum of 10 victims.
    polaris_x wrote:

Arrests were made. People are turning themselves in over perjury. Read the 23 page Grand Jury transcripts and decide for yourself. It's freightening what this guy did.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    from what I read in the grand jury investigation, he was caught by someone in the gym shower with a 10 or so year old, having anal sex, and this person reported it to Joe Pa, who reported it to the two gentleman that stepped down yesterday. Apparently, they kind of swept it under the rug and that's why they're in trouble.

and according to the grand jury investigation, there are a minimum of 10 victims.

soo ... guessing the fact those two guys resigned pretty much means this guy is guilty ... :(
  • polaris_x wrote:

10 minimum, and the maximum number is frightening... this predator worked with children for years and years, so who knows.

Everyone who had any knowledge of this needs be fired asap... The longer this is drawn out, the worse and worse the school looks. Imagine being a parent now with your kid who's a senior in high school trying to figure out what college to go to... I grew up in western PA, and have always liked PSU, but I'd have trouble sending him/her there. And not for fear of something like this happening, but just the fact that there are the type of people who would cover this up in high positions there... says a lot about their character.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    I can relate to that, my niece graduated from there last year and her soon to be husband (someday) is a senior there right now. What a black eye for an institution such as this.
    g under p wrote:

Peace

yup ... only catholics can do something about it too ...

what i find sad is that these guys that covered it up ... how do you look your family in the eye and say "yeah, i knew about it but for the sake of the fucking football program, i covered it up" ... !??? ... i would be ashamed of knowing someone like that ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    lots of talk about this in the college football thread on here as well. not sure how these guys can sleep with themselves having done nothing and allowing sandusky access to an office and facilities at PSU for so many years after 1st incident was reported. and yes everyone should be gone from the school president on down to paterno and any members of the staff who knew anything. just baffling behavior by these guys.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I just get the feeling this going to blow up bigger than the Ohio State mess only this one is big time criminal.

Peace

• putting football and a legacy before a childs welfare and safety ... It doesnt get much more sick and f*cked up than that. i hope the ones responsible fry ... Even the coach
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Just read the grand jury indictment. I have three boys, it scares me to death that there are people out there like that, I trust no-one with my boys.

I can't understand why this guy was allowed to continue.

FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING WHEN YOU SUSPECT THINGS ARE NOT RIGHT AND DON'T TRUST THAT THE PERSON YOU TOLD WILL TAKE CARE OF IT
    g under p wrote:
    I just get the feeling this going to blow up bigger than the Ohio State mess only this one is big time criminal.

Peace
    It's already bigger. The Buckeyes look like saints compared to these idiots that covered this up.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    putting football and a legacy before a childs welfare and safety ... It doesnt get much more sick and f*cked up than that. i hope the ones responsible fry ... Even the coach

That appears to be the case here, the one Paterno reported it to was head of sports something there, so it certainly appears they were trying to cover it up to preserve their legacy

it's absolutely sickening
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Sandusky and Vick should have to fight to the death.

Hopefully both somehow lose.
  • In 2002, a college grad student saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy, that student notified Paterno. Paterno then went to the Leutienant and he apparently lied. Fuck this. Hope justice is brought upon these assholes. Poor families involved.

On a side note: I feel bad for their football team.. They didn't ask for this.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    another thing about this - makes you wonder how much this happens that is never exposed
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    another thing about this - makes you wonder how much this happens that is never exposed

right, it's gross

there's a scandal right now at the Hershey school as well, same kind of thing, someone with access to the kids . . .

I read about it in the Phila Inquirer last weekend
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Some thoughts come to mind

The press is calling them young boys ... is it a University and the young men involved are 18 years and up?

Are they then consenting adults? ... will this be a defense for the Coach?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    pandora wrote:

The press is calling them young boys ... is it a University and the young men involved are 18 years and up?

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
  • pandora wrote:

I heard the victims ages are from 8 to 14. The kids were apart of his charity called "second mile" or something like that.
  • The Fixer wrote:

No
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

right, it's gross

there's a scandal right now at the Hershey school as well, same kind of thing, someone with access to the kids . . .

I read about it in the Phila Inquirer last weekend

wow.
    The Fixer wrote:

Why would you compare these situations?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Why would you compare these situations?

Both cases are innocent victims being taken advantage of (and with vick, killed)

I have no sympathy for scumbags that act like this. They should be hung by their balls
This discussion has been closed.