Penn State Scandal

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Later, the case worker attempts his jokes on Eric Cartman, saying, "It also says here that Penn State prefers to be losing at halftime, because at Penn State they like when you're a little behind in the locker room."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... versy.html

too soon?
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Later, the case worker attempts his jokes on Eric Cartman, saying, "It also says here that Penn State prefers to be losing at halftime, because at Penn State they like when you're a little behind in the locker room."

too soon?

in my opinion, it's always going to be too soon, you don't make jokes about little kids being sexually abused.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Davidtrios wrote:

too soon?
    Holy crap that was a crazy episode! But it's South Park and I refuse to go all Issac Hayes on them.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    seriously, can psu be anymore insular?

http://deadspin.com/5860621/

that whole place is getting creepier and creepier by the day :roll:
    Per ESPNews: Syracuse police investigating allegation that Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine molested former ball boy

ugh
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    Per ESPNews: Syracuse police investigating allegation that Syracuse assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine molested former ball boy

ugh
    If you connect the dots.....it all leads back to mcnabb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

ugh
    If you connect the dots.....it all leads back to mcnabb

if jeagler was connecting the dots he connect them to reid
  • This case is a bit trickier to me. Unless more people come forward, the only accusers are Davis and his step-brother. Davis says he was molested from the ages of 7 to 27. How is that even possible? When he was in his 20s he never thought to stop meeting this guy? I can't say he's making it up because I don't know what kind of relationship Fine may have had with Davis's family, but it seems odd to me that someone that old would continue to meet someone who was doing that to him. On the flip side, Fine does look like a giant creep. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out.
    norm wrote:

ugh
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    norm wrote:
    seriously, can psu be anymore insular?

http://deadspin.com/5860621/

that whole place is getting creepier and creepier by the day :roll:

that's the thing with narcissists ... they are completely out of touch ... the morally right thing to do is to blow it up and leave no stone unturned ... amongst everything else - the most important thing to come out of this should be the prevention of more abuse and the empowerment of children who are currently or have been abused ... but penn state is doing what every other institution does (see Catholic Church, BP, etc.) - they act solely in their interests at whatever consequence ... in this particular case - the welfare of innocent children ...
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

ugh
    If you connect the dots.....it all leads back to jim boeheim

fixed :lol:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Davidtrios wrote:

too soon?

in my opinion, it's always going to be too soon, you don't make jokes about little kids being sexually abused.

This episode was tame compared to what they've done in the past
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The NCAA has launched a investigation into the Pedo State scandal hopefully they shut this program down permanently.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    The NCAA has launched a investigation into the Pedo State scandal hopefully they shut this program down permanently.

Oh look, you have a friend, Davidtrios
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm not sure if child molestation is against NCAA bylaws.

They are more concerned with issues that revolve around money and compensation. Of course, if I was running a billion dollar league where non of the athletes were paid, that's all I'd worry about as well.
    Jason P wrote:

They are more concerned with issues that revolve around money and compensation. Of course, if I was running a billion dollar league where non of the athletes were paid, that's all I'd worry about as well.

Yeah, good luck finding a child rape violation in the NCAA regulations. Not sure how Penn State football would be punished for this, especially considering Paterno went to his boss with the information and Sandusky was not a coach at the time.
  • I'm guessing the NCAA is going to look into 2 things:

1. The 1998 allegation that took place when Sandusky was still the Defensive Coordinator. If evidence emerges that shows that officials at the school knew about it and tried to suppress the investigation in any way there could be a big penalty handed down even though the administrators and coaches involved may not be there now.

2. Who knew about the 2002 incident, did the school break the law by not taking the matter to the local police, and did anyone at the school intentionally try to prevent an investigation from happening?

I'm not familiar with all of the NCAA rules, but there may be some sort of general ethics/morality clause that would allow them to punish the school for this. I think it's more likely that they won't hand down any punishment since the Board of Trustees seems to be handling it by forcing people out, but the NCAA is still going to investigate to avoid appearing like they don't care about the case.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Yeah, good luck finding a child rape violation in the NCAA regulations. Not sure how Penn State football would be punished for this, especially considering Paterno went to his boss with the information and Sandusky was not a coach at the time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The NCAA has launched a investigation into the Pedo State scandal hopefully they shut this program down permanently.

Oh look, you have a friend, Davidtrios

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Jason P wrote:

i would guess the NCAA has some moral clause that this would fall under.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm guessing the NCAA is going to look into 2 things:

1. The 1998 allegation that took place when Sandusky was still the Defensive Coordinator. If evidence emerges that shows that officials at the school knew about it and tried to suppress the investigation in any way there could be a big penalty handed down even though the administrators and coaches involved may not be there now.

2. Who knew about the 2002 incident, did the school break the law by not taking the matter to the local police, and did anyone at the school intentionally try to prevent an investigation from happening?

I'm not familiar with all of the NCAA rules, but there may be some sort of general ethics/morality clause that would allow them to punish the school for this. I think it's more likely that they won't hand down any punishment since the Board of Trustees seems to be handling it by forcing people out, but the NCAA is still going to investigate to avoid appearing like they don't care about the case.

The 1998 incident was handled and prosecution was declined by the DA, that has nothing to do with Penn State and to your second question, as it stands right now, Paterno and McQueary both told their superiors, which technically according to the NCAA is what they are supposed to do. Right or wrong, I think the NCAA is going to have some trouble penalizing Penn State without some serious legal fights.
    Paterno has lung cancer. When it rains, it fucking pours.
  • STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — The local charity founded by Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State defensive coordinator who earlier this month was charged with 40 counts of sexually abusing young boys, is preparing to fold as it tries to reconstruct what it knew, and did, about any suspicions or allegations against Sandusky over the years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/sport ... ml?_r=1&hp
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Close this cesspool down already.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    .22 per person?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:

Heeeyyyy, threes company. Davidtrios and Bronx bombers you have another friend.
  • what i dont really get is, what joe paternos thought process was, or rather was not. If Mqueary is truthful that he went to Paternos house the next day to tell him about what he saw, i dont know how one lightly introduces that into the conversation. I assume Mqueary was upset and told Paterno in the manner any of us would, that is to say, in a serious manner, because it was a serious issue. I can also picture both of them discussing how to cover it up, which is exactly what happened.

I totally understand how one might be skeptical at first. Rumors maybe. Maybe they had misinterpreted what happened. But as I said, the seriousness which i assume Mcqueary told Paterno of what he had seen, would have most likely made me believe the account.

I dont know how someone like Mcqueary could see Sandusky frequently since that incident and not do something about it, be able to even exist in the same building and as faculty togather. Same with paterno. How could you carry on a relationship with someone like that?

Does anyone have any published press photos of paterno and sandusky post Mcqueary admission? How about of Mcqueary and Sandusky?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Danimal wrote:

well put, Danimal. :)
    Who wants to go for a swim.....no not you mrs. Jo pa
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Danimal wrote:

well put, Danimal. :)
    I'll assume non of you are catholic :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Another new allegation was revealed today. This one alleges over 100 instances of abuse from 1992-1996. The alleged victim filed a report with law enforcement Tuesday and has also filed suit against Sandusky, the charity, and Penn State. The suit alleges that Sandusky threatened the boy's family in order to keep him quiet.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... t=hp_t2_a3

He's also been accused of molesting one of his grandchildren (the son of one of his adopted sons). His daughter-in-law filed a restraining order against him.

That brings the total of known victims to at least 10, and I'm sure it's not the end of it since there were reports that the total was "closer to 20" after a hotline was set up for victims to report his abuse shortly after he was indicted.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    can we take sandusky to the gallows over at the death penalty thread(s) at the moving train?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
This discussion has been closed.