Penn State Scandal

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Wish I Was wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i kinda hope he offs himself or someone does it for him. it would solve many problems and rid the streets of yet another monster looking for small innocent targets that are children. piece of trash bastard.

I don't. I want him punished and sent to prison where he can be raped and sodomized by men bigger than him for the rest of his pathetic life.
    i gotta say,,,nicely done, Sir. that'll work. whatever ya want. let's the wolves eat him.

but even wolves wouldn't eat his nasty ass flesh and meat.
    piranha will though. they can't tell the difference. throw the fucker in.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Here is an INSANE post by a friend of mine on facebook:

"Now that the truth is about to come out, and Mike Mcqueary DID INDEED stop that incident that he walked in on, ((all you facebook ''legal analysists'' and facebook ''moral superior experts")), I think it is now a good time to say "Thank you" on doing what you were supposed to do.. "MORALLY" and "LEGALLY" by going to your superiors.. I would also like to say ''good luck'' to you on your endeavors o...n HOPEFULLY suing ESPN/and every other news station for everything they are worth for defamation of character. And also a ''thank you'' and ''good luck'' to JoePA, who also 100% did what he was 'morally' and ''legally'' supposed to do by bringing this news to his superiors and campus chief of police.. Hopefully instead of being the good guy like always, he sues PSU for all the money back he donated to them, and then some..for his wrongful firing! Now, anyone with a negative comment response, sit down with anyone involved in law enforcement AND anyone involved in children abuse cases, and you'll be schooled in the fact that they both 100% did what they were supposed to ! YESSSS"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Here is an INSANE post by a friend of mine on facebook:

"Now that the truth is about to come out, and Mike Mcqueary DID INDEED stop that incident that he walked in on, ((all you facebook ''legal analysists'' and facebook ''moral superior experts")), I think it is now a good time to say "Thank you" on doing what you were supposed to do.. "MORALLY" and "LEGALLY" by going to your superiors.. I would also like to say ''good luck'' to you on your endeavors o...n HOPEFULLY suing ESPN/and every other news station for everything they are worth for defamation of character. And also a ''thank you'' and ''good luck'' to JoePA, who also 100% did what he was 'morally' and ''legally'' supposed to do by bringing this news to his superiors and campus chief of police.. Hopefully instead of being the good guy like always, he sues PSU for all the money back he donated to them, and then some..for his wrongful firing! Now, anyone with a negative comment response, sit down with anyone involved in law enforcement AND anyone involved in children abuse cases, and you'll be schooled in the fact that they both 100% did what they were supposed to ! YESSSS"

what is he talking about??

I have no fucking idea. Penn State is a big deal where I'm from so some of these people are flat-out delusional.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    This is the scandal that will never go away it seems. I'm fascinated by the tragedy at PSU and specifically what Sandusky did while he was coaching at the school and his interaction with children. I'm just shocked how easy he got away with doing so MANY inappropriate things with children and teens and no one seems to bat an eye that something is wrong.

This all brings back my memories of when i was a pre-school teacher and being a male in that field was a rarity. I was head teacher of some 3-4-5 year olds of 20 and worked with an assistant. I taught with the preschoolers for 6 years and the before and afterschool program for 10 years. The difficulty I had was being a male the children were drawn to me more than other teachers due to some homes only had a single parent and many children appeared to not have father figures or father interaction while at home.

With so much attention from other classes it was difficult to run my own class but I did just the same. Anyway, I made it a POINT TO NEVER EVER be with a child alone or be alone with children less than 5. At many workshops we spoke about how easy and simple it would be for a child/parent to say I touched a child inappropriately for reasons or no reason at all. The thought of that was so scary to me, I documented every and anything remotely inappropriate that happened in my class from children fighting or calling me a name to spitting. When you work with children in schools or camps you must at the very most protect these children while protecting yourself from easily being accused of something, anything or nothing at all.

Somewhere along the lines someone should have either known or suspected something about Sandusky EVEN IF he's a pillar of the school and the program he started. That includes Paterno, no one should have this much power and exclusivity where what he says goes and no one questions thoses choices. I hope a lesson could be learned here so that other schools can learn that a football program that brings in millions doesn't trump what ideals of academics that the school presents and represents.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• chadwick wrote:
    Wish I Was wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    i kinda hope he offs himself or someone does it for him. it would solve many problems and rid the streets of yet another monster looking for small innocent targets that are children. piece of trash bastard.

I don't. I want him punished and sent to prison where he can be raped and sodomized by men bigger than him for the rest of his pathetic life.
    i gotta say,,,nicely done, Sir. that'll work. whatever ya want. let's the wolves eat him.

but even wolves wouldn't eat his nasty ass flesh and meat.
    piranha will though. they can't tell the difference. throw the fucker in.

Ma'am. ;) :P

I think prisoners love getting new girlfriends. Especially those who've abused children this way.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    edited November 2011

i have people making similar posts on my facebook... some people just can't seem to accept the true severity of child rape... i get that joe pa and mcqueary are good guys, but inaction in such a situation is simply unforgivable. (as for people who think mcqueary did what he morally had to do... they're just hopeless)
    Post edited by NoCode416 on

I have no fucking idea. Penn State is a big deal where I'm from so some of these people are flat-out delusional.

Maybe he's referring to the statement that McQueary released last night?
    http://www.suntimes.com/sports/8846729- ... opped.html
    In the e-mail the network said it obtained, McQueary told some former Penn State teammates: “I did the right thing ... you guys know me ... the truth is not out there fully ... I didn’t just turn and run ... I made sure it stopped ... I had to make quick, tough decisions.”

I'm just having such a difficult time understanding how anyone could say that it's okay to have just barely "done what they were required to do" and then allowed it to be swept under the carpet when children are concerned and this is the crime. Yes, they did was was legally required of them, but none of them acted morally. I'd just continue to ask those who have their heads buried in the sand 'what if it was YOU ... ? what it it was your little brother ... ? what if it was your 10 year old cousin ... ? what if it was your nephew ... ? what if it was your son ... that Paterno didn't protect?' Would you still believe then that he (McQueary, Curley and Schultz) met his "obligations"?
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

It's a big deal down here in Philly too, and yes, delusional is the right word.

I've always been an advocate of the innocent until proven guilty concept, but after reading that grand jury report . . . that concept went right out the window
  • g under p wrote:
    This is the scandal that will never go away it seems. I'm fascinated by the tragedy at PSU and specifically what Sandusky did while he was coaching at the school and his interaction with children. I'm just shocked how easy he got away with doing so MANY inappropriate things with children and teens and no one seems to bat an eye that something is wrong.

This all brings back my memories of when i was a pre-school teacher and being a male in that field was a rarity. I was head teacher of some 3-4-5 year olds of 20 and worked with an assistant. I taught with the preschoolers for 6 years and the before and afterschool program for 10 years. The difficulty I had was being a male the children were drawn to me more than other teachers due to some homes only had a single parent and many children appeared to not have father figures or father interaction while at home.

With so much attention from other classes it was difficult to run my own class but I did just the same. Anyway, I made it a POINT TO NEVER EVER be with a child alone or be alone with children less than 5. At many workshops we spoke about how easy and simple it would be for a child/parent to say I touched a child inappropriately for reasons or no reason at all. The thought of that was so scary to me, I documented every and anything remotely inappropriate that happened in my class from children fighting or calling me a name to spitting. When you work with children in schools or camps you must at the very most protect these children while protecting yourself from easily being accused of something, anything or nothing at all.

Somewhere along the lines someone should have either known or suspected something about Sandusky EVEN IF he's a pillar of the school and the program he started. That includes Paterno, no one should have this much power and exclusivity where what he says goes and no one questions thoses choices. I hope a lesson could be learned here so that other schools can learn that a football program that brings in millions doesn't trump what ideals of academics that the school presents and represents.

Peace

Thanks for sharing this. It's so sad to me that people who mean no harm to children and enter into careers where they work with children have to worry about the things that you've outlined above because of the monsters that lurk among us.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    this is why I'm not on a "fire then all" or "burn Penn State down" mission. We (citizens) do not know all the facts.

Article where McQuery talks a little, followed by a user comment that I happen to agree with.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... nt_ju.html

MediaConsumer November 15, 2011 at 8:29AM
    Follow
    May I suggest people understand the word "summary". Hopefully readers will take the time to understand that the 23 page Grand Jury report "summarizes" the 3 years of the grand jury investigation. It is not appropriate to expect that a "summary" includes all of the details of such a lengthy investigation.
    It seems it may also serve to understand the intent of the Grand Jury. A Grand Jury does not "convict" people of crimes. Approach varies by state but a Grand Jury generally has more members than a trial jury and is focused on hearing the outcomes of investigations to decide if there is enough evidence to "indict" an individual. The Attorney General then reviews the Grand Jury findings and proceeds accordingly based on the laws of their state.
    In the US, those charged of a crime enter a plea in which they admit guilt or declare innocence. Based on this plea and other factors, the legal system can then proceed to trial. In the US, we as citizens are presumed innocent until we face trial and convicted by "a jury of our peers".
    This legal approach is designed to protect our individual and collective freedom and is referred to as "due process." In any situation, as in this one, there is an expectation that the media "report the facts" to the public at large. Unfortunately, the modern media has become much more about "telling stories" than "reporting facts". The media is a "commercial" concern, not a regulatory or governmental concern, and therefore "reports facts" and "tells stories" which are in the best interest of their commercial charge which is to generate profits.
    It is our responsibility as citizens to understand the facts in this and any other "story" the press communicates. With regard to trials, the only time we as citizens have a voice in anyone's guilt or innocence is when we sit on a jury. The media, however, has an extremely loud and influential voice with regard to public opinion because they tell stories every day and, in modern times, are involved in many more "opinion pieces" than "reports of fact".
    As in any consumer situation - "buyer beware". Some members of the press have stated that "in this horrific case, due process just doesn't matter." Beware of such anarchist statements. Don't let the press gain even more power than they already have. Due process is one of the fundamental concepts that defines our freedom. 
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • this is why I'm not on a "fire then all" or "burn Penn State down" mission. We (citizens) do not know all the facts.

Article where McQuery talks a little, followed by a user comment that I happen to agree with.

Follow
    May I suggest people understand the word "summary". Hopefully readers will take the time to understand that the 23 page Grand Jury report "summarizes" the 3 years of the grand jury investigation. It is not appropriate to expect that a "summary" includes all of the details of such a lengthy investigation.
    It seems it may also serve to understand the intent of the Grand Jury. A Grand Jury does not "convict" people of crimes. Approach varies by state but a Grand Jury generally has more members than a trial jury and is focused on hearing the outcomes of investigations to decide if there is enough evidence to "indict" an individual. The Attorney General then reviews the Grand Jury findings and proceeds accordingly based on the laws of their state.
    In the US, those charged of a crime enter a plea in which they admit guilt or declare innocence. Based on this plea and other factors, the legal system can then proceed to trial. In the US, we as citizens are presumed innocent until we face trial and convicted by "a jury of our peers".
    This legal approach is designed to protect our individual and collective freedom and is referred to as "due process." In any situation, as in this one, there is an expectation that the media "report the facts" to the public at large. Unfortunately, the modern media has become much more about "telling stories" than "reporting facts". The media is a "commercial" concern, not a regulatory or governmental concern, and therefore "reports facts" and "tells stories" which are in the best interest of their commercial charge which is to generate profits.
    It is our responsibility as citizens to understand the facts in this and any other "story" the press communicates. With regard to trials, the only time we as citizens have a voice in anyone's guilt or innocence is when we sit on a jury. The media, however, has an extremely loud and influential voice with regard to public opinion because they tell stories every day and, in modern times, are involved in many more "opinion pieces" than "reports of fact".
    As in any consumer situation - "buyer beware". Some members of the press have stated that "in this horrific case, due process just doesn't matter." Beware of such anarchist statements. Don't let the press gain even more power than they already have. Due process is one of the fundamental concepts that defines our freedom. 

i am with you on "innocent until proven guilty" ... and that is why i have little problem with sandusky being out on bail. however, there is a big difference between jail and jobless.

plus, there is just so much corroborated evidence... it's not like the grand jury was basing it's opinion on one kid. there were multiple kids; there was the janitor; there was mcqueary; there was the "i wish i was dead" comment; etc.
  • I have to wonder how the judge who freed Sandusky on unsecured bail isn't being investigated. She has ties to the charity he started and used to find victims, his yard backs up to the playground of a school, and he didn't have to pay anything in order to get out of jail instead of the prosecution's request for $500,000 cash bail and an electronic monitoring bracelet. Now the school has to have added security and this monster is wandering around in his Penn State attire like he did nothing wrong except for a little "horsing around."
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    He wasn't doing it to protect Sandusky. He was doing it because:

a) He simply didn't care (which is the biggest indictment of his character)
    b) To protect the program (even if he had pursued it at the time, it would have been a black eye. Now, I believe time and doing the right thing would have cured that for the program, but that's not the way he was thinking - he just didn't want to deal with it).

He does not deserve anyone's respect. A number of children were harmed due to his inaction. Anything else he's done is irrelevant after that FACT.
    Wrong on all counts. But thanks for playing.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    NoCode416 wrote:
    this is why I'm not on a "fire then all" or "burn Penn State down" mission. We (citizens) do not know all the facts.

Follow

i am with you on "innocent until proven guilty" ... and that is why i have little problem with sandusky being out on bail. however, there is a big difference between jail and jobless.

plus, there is just so much corroborated evidence... it's not like the grand jury was basing it's opinion on one kid. there were multiple kids; there was the janitor; there was mcqueary; there was the "i wish i was dead" comment; etc.

Sorry, my post wasn't really in support of Sandusky, more on the lines of I'll give a little credit to McQuery (no way he just turned and ran) and for Paterno. It may turn out I'm wrong, but I'm not lynching these two right now, like quite a few have.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,237
    So this prick called McQreary a liar on national tv , i wonder how Mcq feels now knowing he basically did nothing to stop this monster i don't mean just the bathroom incident but to have actually called the cops and put him in Jail yrs ago ...Another thing this case should be taken over by the feds ....Oh and what kid goes sliding across the bathroom floor what a fuck head this guy is he believes the whole nation is retarded ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Sorry, my post wasn't really in support of Sandusky, more on the lines of I'll give a little credit to McQuery (no way he just turned and ran) and for Paterno. It may turn out I'm wrong, but I'm not lynching these two right now, like quite a few have.

Fair enough, but in the grand jury report it says:

"The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught".

Now, while I realize the grand jury report is a "summary" of all of the testimony gathered, they don't make things up. McQueary would have had to say he left "immediately", for them to put it into the report, right? That's a serious question, I'm not trying to be confrontational here. The grand jury can't put its own spin on how McQueary reacted, can they?

Maybe McQueary shouted or did something to get his attention. I guess we'll find that out soon enough. However, if he actually did do something (like shouting or maybe throwing something or banging something) to stop it why not tell that to the grand jury? And if he did provide the grand jury with the information on how he had stopped it, that seems like a key bit that should have been included in the report. To me, anyway.

I don't know. Either you stopped it or you left immediately. It doesn't say "I stopped it and then left immediately, distraught". It says he they saw him and he left "immediately". Maybe he just means "it stopped" and he left immediately.

So, based on what I read in the report, my opinion is that he didn't do enough for that child (or those who followed) then or in the days, months or years to come. Sorry. For me, there is no in between when an innocent child is involved. The adults who knew of, either firsthand, or learned of this situation didn't do enough to stop a child predator from continuing to commit heinous acts against poor innocent children.
  • DeLukin wrote:

b) To protect the program (even if he had pursued it at the time, it would have been a black eye. Now, I believe time and doing the right thing would have cured that for the program, but that's not the way he was thinking - he just didn't want to deal with it).

He does not deserve anyone's respect. A number of children were harmed due to his inaction. Anything else he's done is irrelevant after that FACT.

Yeah. I'm worried about what someone from State College, PA thinks about this issue. Perhaps those of you living in whatever world it is you're living in begin to listen to "outsiders" and realize how colored your view of the situation is.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • DeLukin wrote:

What a douchy response. "Thanks for playing" Come on....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • 2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Davidtrios wrote:

7 members! PENN STATE IS FUCKED.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

7 members! PENN STATE IS FUCKED.

i found this funny
    This isn't a group design to bring down Alumnus, current students, future student, it's fans, and or people that may benefit from grant provided to them by the University, but it's purpose is to get the word out, that we will NOT stand by while Universities benefit financially while committing crimes that are immoral to us as citizens.

LET'S HURT THE UNIVERSITY WHERE IT HURST THEM THE MOST...THE WALLET!!!

so you don't want to bring the school down but you don't want them to get any money :?

i guess this group is just connecting the dots
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    would you let your baby wear this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PENN-STATE-Univ ... 3cbe3d5d9b
    Davidtrios wrote:

Ahhhhh shit. 444 members. Penn State degrees will be worthless in a matter of hours.
    autographed jerry sandusky book...why would anyone want this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographed-Tou ... 3a6c857993
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Ahhhhh shit. 444 members. Penn State degrees will be worthless in a matter of hours.

my company has instituted a no pennsylvania resident employee policy.

basically, if you have lived in PA, were born in PA, attended school in PA, you will be recieving walking papers.

it's sounds draconian...but it's got to be done.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

basically, if you have lived in PA, were born in PA, attended school in PA, you will be recieving walking papers.

You know its bad when they'll hire possessed babies with spikes in their head but not anyone associated with PA.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You know its bad when they'll hire possessed babies with spikes in their head but not anyone associated with PA.

i know, but that's the world we live in now....adapt or fall by the wayside.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.