Penn State Scandal

Comments

• Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well done Penn state
    They did themselves proud last night and today. Nice turn around and shift in focus from the events earlier this week. This is exactly how they need to move ahead and present themselves to the country.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Now the healing has begun the moment when both teams came together at midfield was very emotional , good job from both teams ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well done Penn state
    They did themselves proud last night and today. Nice turn around and shift in focus from the events earlier this week. This is exactly how they need to move ahead and present themselves to the country.

Espn did a great job with it. The boy in the crowd with tears on his face who was probably 14 or 15 was poignant.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well done Penn state

Espn did a great job with it. The boy in the crowd with tears on his face who was probably 14 or 15 was poignant.
    I agree. That shot really captured the emotion of the crowd. Almost $300k already raised. Pretty amazing:
    http://www.rainn.org/ProudPSUforRAINN

• I agree. That shot really captured the emotion of the crowd. Almost $300k already raised. Pretty amazing:

I will be making a donation. I have to admit. I never heard of this organization. So if there is some good in this (and there is way too much damage to be truly good) it's that folks like me who have no idea how to really help now know of an organization such as this. It's not even a silver lining. Maybe a paper lining (not because of the org but because of what it took to wake an idiot like me.)
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • I agree. That shot really captured the emotion of the crowd. Almost $300k already raised. Pretty amazing:

I will be making a donation. I have to admit. I never heard of this organization. So if there is some good in this (and there is way too much damage to be truly good) it's that folks like me who have no idea how to really help now know of an organization such as this. It's not even a silver lining. Maybe a paper lining (not because of the org but because of what it took to wake an idiot like me.)
    RAINN is an awesome organization. Tori Amos co-founded rainn back in 1994, so they've been around for a while. Victims can call their national hotline and it connects them with the closest rape crisis center. They also have an online hotline and do a ton of campus work and activism. I agree - If any good is going to come out of this whole tragedy it will be that there will be more awareness and more of a likelihood that people will realize they have to step up and do something and not just stay silent. I hope that Sandusky's victims will get the help they need to heal through this and become survivors. I work with a lot of survivors and they are the strongest people I know.

norm wrote:

That is totally unreal really she's a total fucking moron at best , what is it with this happy valley community are they all in on this is there anybody that truly fucking cares about gettin these kids some justice .
    What a fucked up place fuck you fuck you happy valley ..............It should be renamed Rapevalley
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    norm wrote:

That is totally unreal really she's a total fucking moron at best , what is it with this happy valley community are they all in on this is there anybody that truly fucking cares about gettin these kids some justice .
    What a fucked up place fuck you fuck you happy valley ..............It should be renamed Rapevalley

Yeah, that's all us alumni do is prey on little ones. You found us out. Let me get my Rapevalley shirt out for work tomorrow.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    you got that right. that is really something. i'll be damned.
    wtf :wtf:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • norm wrote:
    WHAT???? Um...shouldn't she have to recuse herself?

• sick people. anyways, what i dont understand about this case, nor any similar case, even extrapolating it beyond abuse, why people who saw or heard or knew bad stuff to be happening remain silent and allow such things to continue. and all for what? to protect the reputation of some football organization and school? pretty outrageous stuff. Why would anyone, risk their jobs and reputations for such low life's? and beyond that how could you sleep at night, knowing you didnt alert anyone? coverup in the highest degree
  • sick people. anyways, what i dont understand about this case, nor any similar case, even extrapolating it beyond abuse, why people who saw or heard or knew bad stuff to be happening remain silent and allow such things to continue. and all for what? to protect the reputation of some football organization and school? pretty outrageous stuff. Why would anyone, risk their jobs and reputations for such low life's? and beyond that how could you sleep at night, knowing you didnt alert anyone? coverup in the highest degree
    So sad...but it happens all the time in all kinds of situations. So often family members know about sexual abuse but don't intervene to stop it...sometimes because of the possible repercussions....sometimes because they feel powerless to do so...sometimes because they just don't care enough. This is just another example at a larger level. Outrageous...but it happens all the time.

• this story just moved on to the internet:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... um=twitter
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I can't believe after all that has allegedly happened that these men are getting paid this amount of money right at this moment.
    Sandusky retired from his assistant coaching position in 1999, but retained coach "emeritus" status and access to Penn State facilities. Upon his retirement, he chose to take a $148,271 lump-sum pension payment from the State Employees' Retirement System, the newspaper reported.
    The remainder of his pension is paid out on a monthly basis and totals $58,898 annually.
    Former Penn State Vice President Gary Schultz, who has been charged with perjury before the grand jury and failing to report suspected child abuse, retired from his position in 2009 but returned to his Penn State post in September on a temporary basis.
    He received a $421,847 lump-sum payment at the time of his retirement in 2009 and now reportedly receives a monthly pension payment of $27,558.
    Schultz's monthly payments amount to nearly $331,000 a year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/13/fo ... e-monthly/

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• I just read an article about that before I came back to this thread. It's amazing that she didn't disclose that information and recuse herself. How can any judge not understand the ethical problems that come from a situation like that? She can't possibly think that's it's no big deal or that nobody would ever find out.
    norm wrote:
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    check this out

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... n-us_msnhp

video from about 12 years ago
    talking about second mile

"children want to be disciplined"

"children need someone that they can trust"

very creepy
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The CEO of Second Mile has resigned as well, no specific reason given.

There are people that belonged in this program that were helped tremendously, let's hope they can continue the program in the face of this scandal.
  • On this week's South Park, Kenny gets taken away from his parents and placed in foster care. Can't be sure but I'd bet that this is gonna be about the Penn State debacle.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    norm wrote:

Yeah, that's all us alumni do is prey on little ones. You found us out. Let me get my Rapevalley shirt out for work tomorrow.

Yeah you are correct i shouldn't have stated that my bad my emotions get the best of me ... but still this judge just makes me sick ...i apologize to you ...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited November 2011
    i can see penn st going under...who in their right mind would even consider enrolling??

edit: New enrollment...no one ever said anything about dropping out
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i can see penn st going under...who in their right mind would even consider enrolling??

step away from the crazy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    norm wrote:

holy shit.

wow. every day there's something new...this case is far from over. i think this will go much deeper than anyone realized.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Davidtrios wrote:

Main campus turns away far more kids than it accepts........this won't be an issue
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

step away from the crazy

:lol:

The gift that keeps on giving.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Main campus turns away far more kids than it accepts........this won't be an issue

ya, just like sex with 10 yr old boys on campus wasnt an issue until last week
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    90K people are all just going to drop out tommorrow and they will shutter the campus buildings by wed. night.

lets be real.

speaking of being real.....why am i even replying to this sillyness. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Even if the football team spirals into mediocrity, it's still a state school so there will be no shortage of students in PA applying because it's cheaper for them than going out of state. It just won't be as "cool" to say you go there.
    Davidtrios wrote:
This discussion has been closed.