Penn State Scandal

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Let's just nip this one in the bud, hopefully at least.

Greer High School AD Travis Perry says that reports of Sandusky recruiting Adam Ah Ching are "False and untrue."

• What that actually seems to say to me (not the article but the comment by Kohn the ethics professional) is that he would have been protected had he reported Joe Paterno. I think the writer drew the wrong conclusion or gave the wrong quotes. Because what Kohn said did not seem to say that by reporting someone who had nothing to do with the University he is currently protected. He seems to say that if McQueary had gone further in 2004 and reported it after he realized nobody went to the police, he would have been protected from reprecussions because Paterno had authority over him. Those quotes don't make sense any other way. It's either the wrong conclusion or a poorly written article (well, I guess the latter is true either way).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    A cinder block was thrown through Sanduskys window.

I was just gonna post how the hell is this dirt bag just driving around town and noone has stepped up to him and punched hi's lights out yet i know it would be worth a night in jail :x

Agreed, was only a matter of time. He may not want to be anywhere near state college tomorrow with 35,000 students drinking at 9 am.

Edit: Yeah, he's out on bail

That to me is an absolute mind fuck that this guy is out on bail yeah tomorrow will be a total crazy scene with lot's of emotions good & bad :( this week has been by far the most bizarre week in sports ever ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    “Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,” Switzer said in an interview with The Oklahoman newspaper.

-Barry Switzer

Yeah. I heard this too. I think this might be going a bit too far. I mean consider the source. I can see a scenario where folks heard rumors, but that's it. Now, should we research rumors? That's a hell of a lot different than confirmed reports. So, I'm sure they had heard something. But assuming b/c your around an organization for that long that you know every single thing going on seems a bit of an overstatement.

It's sort of like when folks believe the man landing on the moon was fiction. Can you imagine the number of people uninvolved in the incident that would have had to keep quiet? Seems unfathomable. That's quite a large conspiracy Switzer is claiming.

That to me is an absolute mind fuck that this guy is out on bail yeah tomorrow will be a total crazy scene with lot's of emotions good & bad :( this week has been by far the most bizarre week in sports ever ....

Agreed, and I don't think his bail is that outrageous of an amount either. Tomorrow is going to be crazy, just surreal, I dont know what to expect.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed, and I don't think his bail is that outrageous of an amount either. Tomorrow is going to be crazy, just surreal, I dont know what to expect.

This game should be cancelled. Things are gonna be bad.....real bad. For people's safety, please cancel this game....
    It is not going to be bad and no ones safety is at risk. It's just going to be a weird feeling. After the poor display from students the other day, I think people will be suprised at the good behavior, may not like the support for joepa but no ones safety is at risk, aside from Sandusky
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It is not going to be bad and no ones safety is at risk. It's just going to be a weird feeling. After the poor display from students the other day, I think people will be suprised at the good behavior, may not like the support for joepa but no ones safety is at risk, aside from Sandusky

seriously. cancel the game. cancel classes. shut down the university!!!!

such overreactions.

you heading up there tomorrow?
    Trying to, gotta convince someone to drive me though, working on that as we speak.

Family tickets are taken and shitty seats are 100 beans on stubhub but want to be there
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    “Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret. Everyone on that had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time,” Switzer said in an interview with The Oklahoman newspaper.

-Barry Switzer

Yeah. I heard this too. I think this might be going a bit too far. I mean consider the source. I can see a scenario where folks heard rumors, but that's it. Now, should we research rumors? That's a hell of a lot different than confirmed reports. So, I'm sure they had heard something. But assuming b/c your around an organization for that long that you know every single thing going on seems a bit of an overstatement.

It's sort of like when folks believe the man landing on the moon was fiction. Can you imagine the number of people uninvolved in the incident that would have had to keep quiet? Seems unfathomable. That's quite a large conspiracy Switzer is claiming.

Look at the tenure of the coaching staff, this isn't a program with a lot of turnover, these guys have been around Paterno and Sandusky a long time.

Tom Bradley - Interim Head Coach 33 years on staff
    Dick Anderson - Asst. Coach, OL/Guards & Centers 34 years on staff
    Kermit Buggs - Asst. Coach, Safeties 2003-present
    Galen Hall - Asst. Coach, Offense/Running Backs 8 years on staff
    Larry Johnson - Asst. Coach, Defensive Line 15 years on staff
    Bill Kenney - Asst. Coach, Off. Tackles/Tight Ends 24 years on staff
    Mike McQueary - Asst. Coach, WR/Recruiting Coordinator
    Jay Paterno - Asst. Coach, Quarterbacks 17 years on staff
    John Thomas - Strength and Conditioning Coach 20 years on staff
    Ron Vanderlinden - Asst. Coach, Linebackers 11 years on staff
  • So...what happens tomorrow if the Corn Huskers win?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Scott Paterno issues statement

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/i ... nt-for-joe

The second graph bugs me. Joepa could've stopped all this years ago and didn't
    http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbs ... 8/33242449

Mcqueary in protective custody and drinking heavily
  • norm wrote:

Best thing for him now would be to open up and tell everything. Come clean, provide some sort of closure (though I presume to have no idea what that is and realize there will never be any real closure for the victims) and dedicate his life to helping these kinds of victims. I'm not religious, but to me there is where salvation is found.
  • norm wrote:

I don't understand why this would be surprising to you knowing what we already know. Despicable.
    norm wrote:

I don't understand why this would be surprising to you knowing what we already know. Despicable.

all of this is surprising...maybe that's why i'm fascinated by it...i just can't believe any of this happened and each new story reaffirms that
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

all of this is surprising...maybe that's why i'm fascinated by it...i just can't believe any of this happened and each new story reaffirms that

This mess is just as sick as it can get , not even hollywood writters can come up with this mess the more i think about it the more i'm of the belief that JP & MCQUERY have got to pay for their part in it ...besides just loosing their jobs ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • AC360 has some pretty interesting coverage right now.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/11/us/pennsy ... ?hpt=hp_t1

The mother of one of Sandusky's alleged sex abuse victims told ABC's "Good Morning America" that she wanted the former coach "to be locked up," adding, "There's no help for somebody who does this."

The mother, whose identity was not disclosed and whose voice was altered, is the parent of the person referred to as "Victim 1" in the Pennsylvania grand jury report detailing the accusations.

The report says that the victim was "11 or 12 years old when he met Sandusky through The Second Mile Program in 2005 or 2006." The Second Mile is a charity Sandusky founded to help troubled youths.

The youth had been a "houseguest" at Sandusky's home in Centre County, Pennsylvania. "During the course of the multi-year investigation, the grand jury heard evidence that Sandusky indecently fondled Victim 1 on a number of occasions, performed oral sex on Victim 1 on a number of occasions and had Victim 1 perform oral sex on him on at least one occasion," the report said.

The mother said she got an inkling of problems when her "son started acting out." She said school counselors told her it was a "puberty thing."

Eventually, he told her he wanted to look up information on sexual "weirdos." She asked him why, and he said he wanted to see if Sandusky was mentioned.

"I said, 'Well, why would you look him up?' And he said, 'I don't know, he's a weirdo.' And I preceded to ask him if there was something he needed to tell me, and at that point, he didn't indicate anything."

She called her son's school and asked authorities to talk to him.

"And they did. At that point, they called me and said it was very important that I get there immediately. At that point, I already had suspicions. I kind of knew what it was about."

She attributed the fact the boy didn't tell her to "a lot of embarrassment." Years later, when they had a "heart-to-heart" conversation, the woman said her son said he "didn't know what to do."

"You just can't tell Jerry no," the boy said, according to the mother.

Simply heartbreaking.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

such overreactions.

I hope so for both of your sakes. There are total scumbags supporting a football coach who knew a child was raped. Mix in a heavy alcohol presence and 85,000 people, yep what could possibly go wrong......
  • Danimal wrote:
    They need to close this sess pool of a school.

What a comically ignorant comment.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

such overreactions.

I hope so for both of your sakes. There are total scumbags supporting a football coach who knew a child was raped. Mix in a heavy alcohol presence and 85,000 people, yep what could possibly go wrong......

you're obviously lost if you expect there to be 85,000 people at a PSU football game. plus the game is at noon. nothing bad is going to happen.

CLOSE DOWN THE SCHOOL!!! IT'S SO DANGEROUS

the people making these claims are the ones that want dodgeball abolished

everyone need to chill and let the truth come out. the scumbags will get theirs. penalizing the players, students, fans, community isn't gonna solve anything
  • Inspiring images from the candlelight vigil and the game:
    candlelightvigil.jpg
    pennstate.jpg
    pennstate2.jpg
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • norm wrote:
    I will be the first to admit that I was wrong.

Until I saw that today, I thought the game should be cancelled.
  • norm wrote:
    very classy.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Great win by Big Red.
    Well done Penn state
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well done Penn state

Agree
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
This discussion has been closed.