Penn State Scandal

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Every time I read this guy I say, "That is what I was trying to say". Spot on.

key word = "unclear"
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i have a riddle:

what kind of people "talk" to criminal defense lawyers?

No - he didn't hire one. He TALKED to one. Cliffy wants to make sure you have that correct.

Fixed for cliffy
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    pandora wrote:
    Assistant Coach Mike McQueary ... so did he make a deal to keep his job

cause I don't get why he isn't on the chopping block
    and have charges against him for not reporting what he saw.

I mean really if anyone witnessed what he saw would they not go punch the guy out
    or call the police
    unless more are guilty of the same conduct making it somehow acceptable ...
    oh don't let that be

this can not be to just protect an organization

Well he did report what he saw....it's in dispute what exactly he reported to JoePa because under oath he appears to have downplay the sexual rape MM originally saw. I said pages ago it's not so simple for MM to go in and punch out Sandusky because it would be easy for Sandusky to say M Mqueary was the one doing the rape. We don't know how much influence or power Sandusky had over the STILL UNKNOWN child.

However if it was me I would have in one way or another interceded this tragic crime plain and simple.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• norm wrote:
    So glad to see the focus moving in the right direction. Got an email about this at work this morning and hopefully other campuses will be mobilized to help out. There's going to be a candlelight vigil for the victims tonight...a blue out at the game...looks like a good amount of money being raised for the victims already. :thumbup:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    81 wrote:
    i would still like to know why we are piling on Joe Pa, when McQueary was the guy that saw the event?????

why does he still have a job?

anybody? anybody?
    saw the event? this McQueary guy busted that Sandusky guy in a sexual act w/ a kid?

(I am 3 pages behind)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    how does someone work w/ a child molester day in and day out for years and not give too shits one way or another? many knew things were shaky w/ this guy (or guys) yet sweeping it under the rug is what they all done. not one swingin john at that school has any morals, decency, integrity or what have you.

they would all rather keep their high status, high paying positions and make zero wake while some monster (or monsters) fondles and sexually invites himself upon children and from what is going around it appears that this freak show of a dude pimps out these boys to other monsters.

anyone got any info on this pimping stuff?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:

I mean really if anyone witnessed what he saw would they not go punch the guy out
    or call the police
    oh don't let that be

Well he did report what he saw....it's in dispute what exactly he reported to JoePa because under oath he appears to have downplay the sexual rape MM originally saw. I said pages ago it's not so simple for MM to go in and punch out Sandusky because it would be easy for Sandusky to say M Mqueary was the one doing the rape. We don't know how much influence or power Sandusky had over the STILL UNKNOWN child.

However if it was me I would have in one way or another interceded this tragic crime plain and simple.

Peace
    Yes he reported it but its a sexual assault of a child.
    Pedophiles need to be punished, more importantly need to be stopped from future assaults.
    This he should have known and been responsible for doing. So many years passed leaving
    so many more assaults.

Reporting it to a superior, great and perhaps policy, like a chain of command,
    but not seeing criminal charges brought forth at the time should have caused that witness to take action.
    I simple call to the police or parents ... it could have even been anonymous by nature.
    Like you, I will never understand it, not interceding in one way or another.

Everyone knows pedophiles do not stop unless they are stopped.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Last i heard this morning on the sport radio Sandusky took a young boy with him to the Alamo Bowl i belive it was in 99 and molested him at the hotel and told the kid if he didn't cooperate with him he would send him home :shock: this guy deserves to be just put away for life like today , and who would let their young kid go away with some coach to another state withoput tagging along fucking shitty parents :x :x
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I can't buy that excuse because there would have been DNA evidence to prove who did what. He was just scared and ran away.
    g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:

or call the police
    oh don't let that be

Peace
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    pandora wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Peace
    Yes he reported it but its a sexual assault of a child.
    Pedophiles need to be punished, more importantly need to be stopped from future assaults.
    This he should have known and been responsible for doing. So many years passed leaving
    so many more assaults.

Reporting it to a superior, great and perhaps policy, like a chain of command,
    but not seeing criminal charges brought forth at the time should have caused that witness to take action.
    I simple call to the police or parents ... it could have even been anonymous by nature.
    Like you, I will never understand it, not interceding in one way or another.

Everyone knows pedophiles do not stop unless they are stopped.
    Some comments about McQueary and the fate of an assistant coach who behaved differently during an athletic scandal at Baylor a few years ago: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/09 ... carry.html

Wow this sort of tells you what other thoughts might have been going through McQueary's head other than the shock of seeing what Sandusky was doing to that still unknown boy. Like I need this job...I need this promotion but the boy, the boy he'll be ok.....

There should be no debate as to which of these assistants, Rouse or McQueary, did the right thing.

Whatever his motivation was, and whatever type of coach he was, Rouse at least did the right thing by not being another Division I men's basketball or football coach patsy.

The story of these two assistants paints a clear message about the current condition of big-time college football or men's basketball that appears will have no solution: Protect and serve the best interests of the head coach, even in the face of a criminal and amoral tragedy, and you may just get promoted.

Perhaps above is why McQueary didn't do more especially since he's part of the culture of PSU..being a player, graduate, coach to be seeking promotion and going against a coach his superior Sandusky. It's really messed up I have nightmares at times thinking someone will come in our gated community and take one of my children. I said already I have an app that tells me within a 6 mile radius where ALL the registered sex offenders live we have 3 just outside.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• According to this article, he may still have a job because firing him could be perceived as a violation of Pennsylvania's Whistleblower Law since he reported the incident to his boss and was truthful when he spoke to the grand jury. I don't think he's the type of person the law was intended to protect, but the people running the school may feel like they have a big enough legal headache on their hands without adding to the list of lawsuits.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... =hp_t11_a3
    pandora wrote:

or call the police
    oh don't let that be

• Last i heard this morning on the sport radio Sandusky took a young boy with him to the Alamo Bowl i belive it was in 99 and molested him at the hotel and told the kid if he didn't cooperate with him he would send him home :shock: this guy deserves to be just put away for life like today , and who would let their young kid go away with some coach to another state withoput tagging along fucking shitty parents :x :x

That incident is in the Grand Jury report.

Regarding the parents comment - he created a charity for At Risk Children. That's how sordid this is. There are either no parents or some other issues going on, so this child would not have been in a home with significant parental control to begin with (perhaps at no fault of the potential single parent). So, it may not be a matter of shitty parents. Or, it may be. But that's the type of child he targeted with his charity. If you really sit and think about this, it gets more and more sad.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • norm wrote:
    So glad to see the focus moving in the right direction. Got an email about this at work this morning and hopefully other campuses will be mobilized to help out. There's going to be a candlelight vigil for the victims tonight...a blue out at the game...looks like a good amount of money being raised for the victims already. :thumbup:

And yet, it sounds like PSU coaches have asked that friends and family of the players wear white to support JoePa (the real victim here, doncha know :roll: ).

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... no-support

Absolutely insane, if true. And if JoePa were the stand up guy that his followers believe he is, then he should say to them "make sure you wear your baby blue in support of those victims" because certainly he's heard of this "wear white" movement.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Wish I Was wrote:
    And yet, it sounds like PSU coaches have asked that friends and family of the players wear white to support JoePa (the real victim here, doncha know :roll: ).

Absolutely insane, if true. And if JoePa were the stand up guy that his followers believe he is, then he should say to them "make sure you wear your baby blue in support of those victims" because certainly he's heard of this "wear white" movement.

Forget for a moment that they are supporting someone who was complicit (at the very least) in Sandusky's actions.

Let's say a member of the team says - I don't agree with it - I want to wear all blue. Is that person then shunned? Does it not even get to that point b/c they are too afraid to speak up. And the Paterno legacy (hide and cover) continues. It's really sad if this happens, and why anyone that has anything to do with the football program needs to be gone (they probably need to put the whole thing on a 1 year hiatus to totally cleanse this thing) whether they are connected to the incident or not.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    edited November 2011
    Last i heard this morning on the sport radio Sandusky took a young boy with him to the Alamo Bowl i belive it was in 99 and molested him at the hotel and told the kid if he didn't cooperate with him he would send him home :shock: this guy deserves to be just put away for life like today , and who would let their young kid go away with some coach to another state withoput tagging along fucking shitty parents :x :x

Regarding the parents comment - he created a charity for At Risk Children. That's how sordid this is. There are either no parents or some other issues going on, so this child would not have been in a home with significant parental control to begin with (perhaps at no fault of the potential single parent). So, it may not be a matter of shitty parents. Or, it may be. But that's the type of child he targeted with his charity. If you really sit and think about this, it gets more and more sad.

Exactly. He knew what he was doing. He's an absolute monster who carefully planned out how to prey on children. The ones who are at risk. The ones that come from broken homes. The ones, who, when showered with gifts and tickets to PSU and Eagles games and a little extra attention will feel 'hey, this man loves me. I think this is wrong, but he's been so nice to me and given me so much.' That's the kind of evil POS Sandusky is.

"Second Mile - providing children with help and hope.

Many children face adversity even before they understand how to dream. The Second Mile, founded in 1977 in State College, Pennsylvania, is a statewide non-profit organization for children who need additional support and who would benefit from positive human contact. The Second Mile plans, organizes, and offers activities and programs for children - and adults who work with them - to promote self-confidence as well as physical, academic, and personal success.
    "

Sickening.
    Post edited by traveljunkie on
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Wish I Was wrote:

Forget for a moment that they are supporting someone who was complicit (at the very least) in Sandusky's actions.

Let's say a member of the team says - I don't agree with it - I want to wear all blue. Is that person then shunned? Does it not even get to that point b/c they are too afraid to speak up. And the Paterno legacy (hide and cover) continues. It's really sad if this happens, and why anyone that has anything to do with the football program needs to be gone (they probably need to put the whole thing on a 1 year hiatus to totally cleanse this thing) whether they are connected to the incident or not.

Let's hope it's just a rumor (though doubtful it is). And if it isn't a rumor and these coaches actually did ask players' friends and family to wear white in support of Paterno, let's then hope that people come to their senses beforehand and keep in mind the real victims here. Now's your chance to "do more" Coach. Intervene and stop it.
  • Wow, what an awful idea. I can only imagine what would happen if there was a section of friends and family of the coaches and players dressed in white surrounded by sections of fans wearing blue. The game is going to be emotionally charged as it is so I can't understand why anyone on the coaching staff would think it's a good idea to add to the tension. If this really is something they asked the players to tell their families, then the interim Head Coach needs to be just that--interim. Next season needs to begin with an outsider with no Paterno connection taking over as Head Coach and cleaning out the entire coaching staff.
    Wish I Was wrote:

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... _sand.html

13 years...why didn't anyone one stop him? (rhetorical question)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i really hope this prostitution ring is simply heresay and not true ... :(
  • Wow, what an awful idea. I can only imagine what would happen if there was a section of friends and family of the coaches and players dressed in white surrounded by sections of fans wearing blue. The game is going to be emotionally charged as it is so I can't understand why anyone on the coaching staff would think it's a good idea to add to the tension. If this really is something they asked the players to tell their families, then the interim Head Coach needs to be just that--interim. Next season needs to begin with an outsider with no Paterno connection taking over as Head Coach and cleaning out the entire coaching staff.

I can't see there being any way but to clean house. If that doesn't happen after the season ends, I will be incredibly shocked.
  • I can't believe they are going to let this game happen on Saturday. Its a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at PSU right now. If any of you are in the area this weekend, be safe and keep your head on a swivel.....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    I can't believe they are going to let this game happen on Saturday. Its a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at PSU right now. If any of you are in the area this weekend, be safe and keep your head on a swivel.....

i think the fact this game is happening says a lot not only about the culture of penn state but society in general ...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242

No i agree with that and the report this morning was more in regards to actually bringin charges against him stemming from the Alamo incident , fucking horrible !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    They need to close this sess pool of a school.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Wish I Was wrote:
    norm wrote:

Are you kidding me? That is fucked up. So glad that Paterno has become the victim in all of this :roll: Things like this just make me not want to live in this kind of world

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Danimal wrote:

i agree. i hope they shut down that ratfuck of a school.
  • I can't believe they are going to let this game happen on Saturday. Its a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at PSU right now. If any of you are in the area this weekend, be safe and keep your head on a swivel.....
    That's what I was thinking. They just need to cancel it.

I kind of want to take a cue from PETA and throw blue paint on anyone wearing white at the game.

That's what I was thinking. The just need to cancel it.

I kind of want to take a cue from PETA and throw blue paint on anyone wearing white at the game.

Is there no one from outside of PSU family in the area at all right now?????....I would like to walk up to any of these "supporters" with my 11 year old son and say "Hi there, glad your supporting someone who had knowledge that a boy this age was raped in the shower, right over there" while pointing to the football facilities. This whole thing is mind blowing to say the least!!!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Danimal wrote:

i agree. i hope they shut down that ratfuck of a school.

Come the fuck on. The sick actions of 1 man and the terrible decisions by a handful more should deny over 10,000 kids a year a great education and put thousands of others out of jobs? Let's be serious. The culture certainly has to change, but to close one of the more respected academic institutions where countless graduates have made major contributions to our culture and life.

You can argue they should shut down the athletic department, which I don't agree with, but the school? Come on.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    I can't believe they are going to let this game happen on Saturday. Its a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at PSU right now. If any of you are in the area this weekend, be safe and keep your head on a swivel.....
    That's what I was thinking. The just need to cancel it.

Is there no one from outside of PSU family in the area at all right now?????....I would like to walk up to any of these "supporters" with my 11 year old son and say "Hi there, glad your supporting someone who had knowledge that a boy this age was raped in the shower, right over there" while pointing to the football facilities. This whole thing is mind blowing to say the least!!!

There are some from outside the penn state family

http://twitpic.com/7d3ta3
This discussion has been closed.