Penn State Scandal

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    flawed logic at best

When did joe pa become director of facilities?

and from what we have heard so far....he tried to do the right thing by reporting it up thru the chain of command.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Davidtrios wrote:
    im just connecting the dots, using logic
    Like as in "Glenn Beck" connecting the dots?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Man when will this shit hit bottom i mean everyday something new pops up ....

Just wait till this comes out, I hear that in his spare time from pimping little boys, paterno was holding underground fights where little kids have to fight to the death while the board of trustees bets on the kids.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation but taking a rumor from one guy on the radio about Sandusky and then bringing others in without an ounce of evidence or logic is about as weak as it gets.

i heard he was working with Vick on setting up a monday night dog fight on campus. :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just wait till this comes out, I hear that in his spare time from pimping little boys, paterno was holding underground fights where little kids have to fight to the death while the board of trustees bets on the kids.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation but taking a rumor from one guy on the radio about Sandusky and then bringing others in without an ounce of evidence or logic is about as weak as it gets.

mark madden broke this story in april...i know it's only a rumor, but anything is possible...
    could you ever imagine someone like joe paterno being involved in a boys rape coverup? no, never.

but, alas...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Davidtrios wrote:

logical thinking uses facts...you are using rumors and emotion to connect dots...best thing is to probably step away from this story...it seems to have really upset you (and rightly so)
    81 wrote:
    flawed logic at best

When did joe pa become director of facilities?

and from what we have heard so far....he tried to do the right thing by reporting it up thru the chain of command.

joe pa ran shit there...i heard in 04, they asked him to resign...he said no...cmon, he ran shit there...dude appointed people on the board!

why is it flawed logic??
  • I am the biggest critic of Paterno through all this. But, I do not believe for 1 second he was involved in a ring if that in fact comes out. He wanted it out of his program. Out of sight, out of mind. Why retire the guy only to be in cahoots with him?

Paterno did wrong, but making this leap (as someone said) is crazy.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you this is so stupid for people to just take a rumor and just run with is totally sick .....People just stop please !!!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,729
    Mark madden didn't break shit, he reported on grand jury testimony along with a bunch if other outlets
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    paterno ran shit at penn st, he was like the Godfather there...why would he allow sandusky to use his facilities after he retired in 99? why would be allow sandusky to continue to be involved with the school?

im sure paterno had a piece of this sick fucking pie.

you simply must be joking.

why do you think this is so out of the realm of possibility?
    bc he is a great football coach?...

just look at the facts- major coverup, charity for boys, possible pimping of them, joe pa remains friends with the leader of said charity, joe pa allows use of his team's facilities to leader of charity, inexplicable dismissal of joe pa...

you are not connecting dots. you are drawing dots and connecting them yourself.

is it possible? sure. but it is also possible that i'll hit the lotto jackpot this saturday.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Mark madden didn't break shit, he reported on grand jury testimony along with a bunch if other outlets

dated april 3,2011

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/s ... f6878.html
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

dated april 3,2011

You are aware there is a difference between writing about something and breaking a story? Right?

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... n_sta.html

Dated: 3/31/2011
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i heard he was working with Vick on setting up a monday night dog fight on campus. :shock:

Jesus man, this shit is just getting out of control. Now he's boys with Vick.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

dated april 3,2011

You are aware there is a difference between writing about something and breaking a story? Right?

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... n_sta.html

Dated: 3/31/2011

D'oh
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

i believe jose was kidding
    Jason P wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh boy. Someone has gone off the deep end. Now paterno is the head pimp of a youth prostitution ring. Just when you thought you heard it all.
    How else could he afford to donate over $4M to the university over his career???

:think:

:wink:

Now THAT is connecting the dots. You must join the FBI right away :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I am aware, as am I.
  • I don't give a damn about sports, so I guess that makes my feelings about this super easy. EVERYONE that was involved in covering this up should go straight to hell.

The fact that others could care so much about some stupid game that they'd overlook something as disgusting as this just adds another level of disturbing to it.
    norm wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

best thing is to probably step away from this story...it seems to have really upset you (and rightly so)

:thumbup:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No it 81 who stated that :lol::lol: and hi's avatar is really fucking with me on this thread :x
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pimping off little boys? anyone have a articale or video on this?

this means many things if it is factual. somewhere out there there is a pedophile sex slave ring thing so to speak that this Sandusky guy is involved with.

how the hell does one pimp boys? these are sick folks, ladies and gentlemen. sick folks. but is it true? yes he has issues with molesting boys. that doesn't mean he pimps them.

if he is a pedophile arranging dates so to speak for other pedophiles... why can't someone just bullet the whole entire fucking crew? smoke em all. fuck it. molest a kid get offed... easy shit.

(at the moment i am trying to imagine/think/envision this boy pimping stuff and i am ready to vomit and wish i could shoot them all in the head, get them out of our misery)

in Brazil is it? (heard this on the radio) they have that man - boy love bullshit goin on. it has a name i think and a website and stuff.

we as a society have become weak in a sense that removing the worst trash walking from our sidewalks is considered wrong when brute force is used while across town a successful football team is lead by someone who became a celebrity and had a monster working for him and an entire cluster of under the rug throwers and half assed bullshit artists who have all reached greatness and shit on many.

moral of the story. do not hunt down children and have your hands on them. do not touch them. do not do anything but go get help. tell a shrink. i think that would be the best choice.

if ya like kids in a sexual manner go see a shrink before ya hurt someone and ruin lives, including your own
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    does michael vick love puppies?

this was said to me inside my own head earlier today. i had to laugh a bit on the inside even though it truly is ridiculous and disgusting.

thank you
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Was just going to ask you if you saw that about Joe Poz. Pretty interesting. Don't know what to make of it. Deadspin is accusing him of getting blinded but from his article the other day and reading Poz for as long as I have, I have a hard time believing that.

http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/t ... f-paterno/
  • i don't normally read or post editorials, but this is a pretty good one that sums up how i feel. this is from phil taylor of sports illustrated...

November 14, 2011
    Pity The Children
    PHIL TAYLOR

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... AG1191967/

The Second Mile, the charitable organization founded by then Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in 1977 to provide a sanctuary for children in need, takes its name from the Bible, Matthew 5:41, a quotation from the Sermon on the Mount. "And whoever compels you to go one mile," it reads, "go with him two." The passage is about doing more than just the minimum, especially in aid of others. One of the saddest ironies of the sexual abuse charges against Sandusky that stunned and sickened the nation last weekend is that if the allegations that he assaulted eight boys over a 15-year period are true, he may have been allowed to prey on those children in large part because no one at Penn State would go that second mile for his victims.

We can dismiss the perversions of an accused sexual predator as forever beyond our understanding, but not the charges against Penn State athletic director Tim Curley and senior vice president for finance and business Gary Schultz (who both professed their innocence but submitted their resignations on Sunday night). The two stand accused of failing to report possible evidence of Sandusky's crimes to authorities, as required by law, then perjuring themselves when they denied to a grand jury that they had ever been told that Sandusky had engaged in sexual misconduct. We imagine ourselves in their place and think, Wouldn't we have done more? How could an adult with even an ounce of humanity do so little to protect children?

The behavior of which Curley and Schultz are accused sounds like the actions of administrators trying to hide an NCAA violation instead of a reprehensible crime, and maybe that's not a coincidence. A cover-up culture pervades big-time college sports. Your quarterback traded memorabilia for tattoos? Keep it to yourself. Agents paid the rent for your tailback's parents? Pretend you didn't know about it. The goal is to protect the program at all costs, and maybe it shouldn't be surprising if, even in the face of such horrors, the first instinct was to place the institution ahead of the innocents.

Penn State officials seem to have been more concerned with protecting the school's reputation for ethical behavior than with actually displaying some. How else to explain their not following up a University Police investigation of a shower incident involving Sandusky and a boy in 1998, and then reacting to a second incident in 2002 by merely telling him not to bring any more children on campus? We don't want to know what you're doing with those boys, but whatever it is, don't do it here.

If the authorities are correct, what happened at Penn State is the worst scandal in college sports history, and any university employee who had knowledge of the accusations against Sandusky and chose to protect the school's reputation rather than protect innocent children is culpable—including Joe Paterno, the Nittany Lions' iconic coach. The grand jury report absolved him of legal blame, but not the moral kind. According to the report, a graduate assistant found Sandusky engaged in a sexual act with a boy who appeared to be 10 years old in the shower area of the football practice facility in 2002 and informed Paterno of what he had seen. Paterno reported the incident to Curley, but there is no indication that the coach ever followed up on the information or alerted the authorities himself.

That is not the way a pillar of the community behaves. Paterno is not some middle manager who came upon a problem beyond his pay grade and reported it to his boss. Joe Paterno has no boss. He is the face of the university, the most powerful and, until now perhaps, the most respected man in Happy Valley. He should have used that power to make sure the assistant's claim was investigated fully. How many boys might have been spared if Paterno had arranged for the grad student to meet with police? What if he had gone the second mile?

In his statement Paterno acknowledged speaking with the assistant. "It was obvious that the witness was distraught over what he saw, but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report," his statement said. "Regardless, it was clear that the witness saw something inappropriate involving Mr. Sandusky. As Coach Sandusky was retired from our coaching staff at that time, I referred the matter to university administrators."

So, the distraught young coach went to Paterno's home and described an inappropriate incident involving Sandusky and a boy. How graphic did his description need to be for Paterno to get more involved? And what earthly difference did it make that Sandusky was retired? Did that somehow make his behavior more acceptable, or was it simply a matter of, Not our employee, not our problem?

It boggles the mind, as does the thought of what twisted calculations might have convinced Penn State officials that essentially ignoring such a red flag was a prudent course of action. The embarrassment of admitting that they had a predator among them could not have been nearly as damning as what they face today. If there is some explanation for why they should not be considered both fools and cowards, let them offer it now. Otherwise, any Penn State employee who was complicit in a cover-up of Sandusky's alleged crimes should follow Curley and Schultz out the door. Box up their belongings and drive them a mile from campus. From there, let them walk a second one.

Follow @SI_philtaylor
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Was just going to ask you if you saw that about Joe Poz. Pretty interesting. Don't know what to make of it. Deadspin is accusing him of getting blinded but from his article the other day and reading Poz for as long as I have, I have a hard time believing that.

Everyone should be required to read this before recklessly commenting about this story
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Every time I read this guy I say, "That is what I was trying to say". Spot on.
  • norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

I'm more on the "pile on Joe" side of the argument

http://espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/story/_ ... losing-job
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    i would still like to know why we are piling on Joe Pa, when McQueary was the guy that saw the event?????

why does he still have a job?

anybody? anybody?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i would still like to know why we are piling on Joe Pa, when McQueary was the guy that saw the event?????

why does he still have a job?

anybody? anybody?

And Tim Curley, the guy who lied & covered it up. I'd like to know this too.
This discussion has been closed.