the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    sheila0225 wrote:
    so i slipped for a few weeks and i can definitely tell. managed to stay the same weight but feel very sluggish. Thank heavens I got some time ahead of me before PJ20.

Back to eating healthy, whole, and organic and none of this crap that i've been eating.

Better days ahead of me. :)
    :thumbup: I can tell when I slip, too. Hate the sea slug feeling.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    EmBleve wrote:
    so, week 3 of body bootcamp behind me and...i still weigh exactly the same. :P
    honestly, i was consistently losing a half pound a day last week, was down 2 pounds - finally! yay! - BUT, all that out the window, today gained it all back. so, right where i started. idk what's with me, i had vowed back in january to get moving on all this, i should be at my goal weight by now, and instead....exactly what i weighed january 1st. :? so sure, this all would be awesome if i were simply trying to maintain my weight. :lol:

hope the rest of you are doing better!
    yesterday i was so psyched, thinking i'd have a pound loss to report.....hahahaha. c'est la vie.
    i seriously need to get SERIOUS..
    cmon people, tell me what you're up to, help me get motivated!
    ONE day won't make you keep the 2 pounds. give it a few days. And maybe once you start aggressively exercising (as you have), it takes a few weeks for your body to get the boost, and suddenly you may start dropping weight. You're doing good!!! :D
    My update is similar to yours. lol. lost 1 pound. Lost the will power one day on Friday, but maintained it over the weekend. And what I have found to be true about the wine thing is it's not so much the wine that makes you gain weight, but it's about the alcohol lessening your resolve and making you famished after drinking so it's what you eat after. I once read a long time ago by Oprah's trainer that the best option for alcohol on a diet is vodka...a little stronger than wine. yowza.

i know, i know...it just kills me. apparently can easily gain 2 pounds overnight, but never seem to lose 2 overnight. or rarely at best. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

in regards to alcohol, it's my understanding that your body will put it's energy towards burning off alcohol first, before anything else...such as fat. honestly, moderate consumption, i've never found a problem. i lost 25 last year and drank on weekends. yesterday to today it was just the perfect storm of everything. a lot of food consumption - even healthy foods, when a lot, add up - plus wine, plus carvel. ugh. i hate when i self-sabotage.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121

i know, i know...it just kills me. apparently can easily gain 2 pounds overnight, but never seem to lose 2 overnight. or rarely at best. :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

in regards to alcohol, it's my understanding that your body will put it's energy towards burning off alcohol first, before anything else...such as fat. honestly, moderate consumption, i've never found a problem. i lost 25 last year and drank on weekends. yesterday to today it was just the perfect storm of everything. a lot of food consumption - even healthy foods, when a lot, add up - plus wine, plus carvel. ugh. i hate when i self-sabotage.

And just imagine where you'd be with a glass of vodka as opposed to wine at night....I don't even want to imagine.

I'm not losing anything. I try but it's so not happening. With BBQs nearly every weekend....my willpower sucks.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    i am down 24 lbs on The 17 day diet

broke down into four 17 day cycles , i am currently on the Activate cycle

Accelerate—the rapid weight loss portion that helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system In this initial phase you dramatically reduce your intake of carbohydrates to promote fat burning, cleansing and rapid weight loss.

Activate—the metabolic restart portion with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat This 17 Day Diet phase involves carbohydrate cycling, which has the purpose of resetting your metabolism to stimulate fat burning and prevent plateaus.

Achieve—this phase is about learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines

Arrive—a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods!

During all of the four phases of the 17 day Diet there is an emphasis on clean eating and the avoidance of sugar and all processed foods.

and a Hr of Cardio a day along with some high rep weight training
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    m0jorisen wrote:

Accelerate—the rapid weight loss portion that helps flush sugar and fat storage from your system In this initial phase you dramatically reduce your intake of carbohydrates to promote fat burning, cleansing and rapid weight loss.

Activate—the metabolic restart portion with alternating low and high calorie days to help shed body fat This 17 Day Diet phase involves carbohydrate cycling, which has the purpose of resetting your metabolism to stimulate fat burning and prevent plateaus.

Achieve—this phase is about learning to control portions and introducing new fitness routines

Arrive—a combination of the first three cycles to keep good habits up for good. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods!

During all of the four phases of the 17 day Diet there is an emphasis on clean eating and the avoidance of sugar and all processed foods.

Congrats! That sounds interesting.
    For me, lost 2 pounds since Sunday. Kicked it into high gear this week, to the gym every day. Hope the trend continues. :D
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    m0jorisen wrote:

Congratulations! These are pretty much the principles I've been following. The clean eating has made such a difference. I lost another inch off my waist and .5 inch off my hips. Wouldn't mind losing another inch off of each.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Well I was down 1lb last week and I'm up a 1/4 this week. I know why, I can't say no to cake and chocolate. Will have to tell myself off more often.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Claireack wrote:
    Well I was down 1lb last week and I'm up a 1/4 this week. I know why, I can't say no to cake and chocolate. Will have to tell myself off more often.

I should give you my black bean brownie recipe. it's chocolate...it's cake like...and did i mention it's chocolate? :D delicious. And it's healthy. :mrgreen:
    Claireack wrote:

I'm the exact same way...and we have 3 birthdays this month.....I'm doomed!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I should give you my black bean brownie recipe. it's chocolate...it's cake like...and did i mention it's chocolate? :D delicious. And it's healthy. :mrgreen:

Ooooo yes please :D
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I have been working out 5 days a week since the first week of April and have lost 38 lbs so far! I would like to continue to lose about another 30 more. That would put me right about 200 lbs, then I will see what I think from there.

I do 35 minutes (about three miles) of heart pumping, sweat dripping cardio on a cross-trainer/elliptical machine five days a week. Then some weight training about two or three days a week. Also have changed what I eat on a regular basis. Not on a diet per-say, just making better food decisions. If I want to go out of have beer and nachos with the guys, I will, because I would have done it anyway, but now I am working out.
    edited August 2011
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I have been working out 5 days a week since the first week of April and have lost 38 lbs so far! I would like to continue to lose about another 30 more. That would put me right about 200 lbs, then I will see what I think from there.

I do 35 minutes (about three miles) of heart pumping, sweat dripping cardio on a cross-trainer/elliptical machine five days a week. Then some weight training about two or three days a week. Also have changed what I eat on a regular basis. Not on a diet per-say, just making better food decisions. If I want to go out of have beer and nachos with the guys, I will, because I would have done it anyway, but now I am working out.
    :clap: Congratulations! That is fantastic.

So today I decided to try on my skinny jeans...and they fit! Decided to finally weigh myself and it seems I've lost 20.7 pounds since cutting out all the processed foods. My belly isn't completely flat yet, so I'm gonna stick with it and see if more change happens, but I'm pretty fucking pleased right now :)
    Post edited by comebackgirl on

• prljamgirlprljamgirl Posts: 602
    Is it too late for me to join in the party here?? Didn't see this back in June....
    I'm currently at a wedding that has a freaking candy bar and cold stone creamery bar!!! :twisted: cold stone is my nemesis. But rather than partaking I am posting here :oops: staying the course :lol:

• London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    I'm currently at a wedding that has a freaking candy bar and cold stone creamery bar!!! :twisted: cold stone is my nemesis. But rather than partaking I am posting here :oops: staying the course :lol:

Ice Cream.....yummy :P

Ice Cream.....yummy :P
    fortunately the rest of the wedding guests do not share my same concern and the ice cream is GONE! I never saw adults go so insane for candy either. It's like they never saw it before :lol:

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    m0jorisen wrote:

aNiMaL wrote:

So today I decided to try on my skinny jeans...and they fit! Decided to finally weigh myself and it seems I've lost 20.7 pounds since cutting out all the processed foods. My belly isn't completely flat yet, so I'm gonna stick with it and see if more change happens, but I'm pretty fucking pleased right now :)
    so glad to hear everyone is doing awesome!
    i have been horrible the past couple weeks but am determined to get back on track! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Is it too late for me to join in the party here?? Didn't see this back in June....
    lol there's no date required the healthy train will stop for anyone... welcome aboard!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So looks like I will be joining this. Hadn't weighed myself in a couple of years and someone left scales lying around I hopped on and :shock:

I knew I weighed more but not that much more. I'm about 15lbs up on what was 'my weight' and about 7lbs up on last time I weighed myself. Only dieted once before about 5 years ago and currently 25lbs up on my lowest weight. Ideal would be to get myself back to 'my weight' so lose 15lbs.

I walk about 6km a day (3km each way to work) but no other exercise so may need to add something here but know the main thing is diet. Snack FAR too much. Am a veggie so too much cheese :oops:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • You can never have enough cheese.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I'm down 2 pounds....maybe there is some truth to no drinking soda...even if it is the sodastream kind. :)

the tum tum is not flat but is looking better. Energy is coming back again. High protein for me again.
    It's been so damn hot here that it's almost impossible to get outside to walk or run or do anything for that matter. So it's flights of stairs in my house and using my son as a human weight. :lol: Seems to be working.

The hardest part I find is going to others houses for dinner or such. They don't get that I"m gluten free. But I'm the picky one.

Kudos to everyone for sticking to it.

Oh my word. I'd be in heaven. Did they have their oreo cream ice cream?

This is horrid. We had a barbecue last weekend...and I made three kinds of brownies. Then we're having two birthdays this weekend...and taking my sister out for her birthday thursday...

I don't know how to keep to any sort of diet. I need to start working out but....I just don't know when!!!

We get up at 5 already for work!

Lizardjam wrote:

This is horrid. We had a barbecue last weekend...and I made three kinds of brownies. Then we're having two birthdays this weekend...and taking my sister out for her birthday thursday...

I don't know how to keep to any sort of diet. I need to start working out but....I just don't know when!!!

I didn't even go close enough to see what kind they had...but there were several varieties :? :lol:

Lizardjam wrote:

I didn't even go close enough to see what kind they had...but there were several varieties :? :lol:

Oh you're a stronger person than I. I'm not even joking. I would have been right there! I can say no to chips, and most ice cream, i just don't care about it but, coldstones? Oh man it's so good!

Lizardjam wrote:

Oh you're a stronger person than I. I'm not even joking. I would have been right there! I can say no to chips, and most ice cream, i just don't care about it but, coldstones? Oh man it's so good!
    It was only because they served it immediately after dinner and I was full. If it had been 90 minutes earlier all bets would have been off :? :lol:

Lizardjam wrote:

It was only because they served it immediately after dinner and I was full. If it had been 90 minutes earlier all bets would have been off :? :lol:

Isn't it amazing what a full stomach can accomplish and fend off? This week, I'm eating only when I'm hungry. I mean really when my stomach tells me I'm hungry. I tend to eat for any reason. Boredom...whatever. So I'm still down 3lbs. Just 18 more to go!

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm still the same weight...but I also have been eating crappy food....been camping the last week.

I might have my sister in law give me a one day boot camp when she's out here next week...write out a schedule for me or something.

those hostess chocolate cupcakes are pure evil... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

Isn't it amazing what a full stomach can accomplish and fend off? This week, I'm eating only when I'm hungry. I mean really when my stomach tells me I'm hungry. I tend to eat for any reason. Boredom...whatever. So I'm still down 3lbs. Just 18 more to go!
    It's so true. I always have a bag of baby carrots on hand. When I get a craving I eat them and once I'm feeling satisfied the craving usually passes. We get so used to eating at a certain time or because there's nothing better to do - great to tune into the hunger meter! Keep going! The shedded pounds add up quickly

It's so true. I always have a bag of baby carrots on hand. When I get a craving I eat them and once I'm feeling satisfied the craving usually passes. We get so used to eating at a certain time or because there's nothing better to do - great to tune into the hunger meter! Keep going! The shedded pounds add up quickly

I have sunflower seeds(low sodium) for that reason. There's just only so many carrots or veggies I can stand. I did South Beach last year and lost a ton of weight so I try to have more protein snacks on hand. It really helps. Especially pb and celery. Amazingly, after getting used to the natural kind, I love it now!

Lizardjam wrote:

I have sunflower seeds(low sodium) for that reason. There's just only so many carrots or veggies I can stand. I did South Beach last year and lost a ton of weight so I try to have more protein snacks on hand. It really helps. Especially pb and celery. Amazingly, after getting used to the natural kind, I love it now!
    mmmmm yeah a little pb is yummy and fills you right up! I like apples and pb too