the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• finally down another pound. :) so down 3 total. woohooo.
    i guess chronic stress has it's benefits? :?
    either way, i hope to work on being healthier, tho today is going to be filled with wine.
    sometimes you just need to self-medicate.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    weighed in at 219.6 on Friday. Down 49 lbs. 1 elusive pound away from the 50 mark.

But, what I did do again, was successfully lose another 10 lbs in August. And, if i can make my way to 210 lbs by the end of September, then all will continue to be right with the world.

That said, I probably gained a few back from Friday night snacks and yesterdays beer festival.

So that said, I am back on my normal eating habits today and am heading to the gym right after breakfast today.
  • Time to get back on the wagon. Saturday and Sunday blew my diet. Too much drink, too much crap food. Hopefully the extra calories gave my metabolism a boost :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Not been here for a couple of weeks. I know I lost some weight the first week but didn't weigh myself ... and then PJ20 happened with no fruit or vegetables in sight ... but was relieved that I am 1lb down over the whole period. So 6lbs total
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Looks like i'm in... I get married in 11 weeks 4 days.

I've lost a lot of weight in the past (106-110lbs) so this final push is really, REALLY hard.

I could do with losing around 7 - 10lbs in the next 6 weeks so any support is welcomed :D

Well doen done to all you who are doing so well, it's a difficult thing to do so hats off to you all :mrgreen:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Really not doing well, had a rough couple of weeks and have been doing some serious comfort eating. Up 1/2 lb.
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Time to get back on the wagon. Saturday and Sunday blew my diet. Too much drink, too much crap food. Hopefully the extra calories gave my metabolism a boost :lol:

I'm right there with you...back on track today!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • Lizardjam wrote:
    Time to get back on the wagon. Saturday and Sunday blew my diet. Too much drink, too much crap food. Hopefully the extra calories gave my metabolism a boost :lol:

Glad I'm not alone! :lol: I'm not weighing myself to the weekend. I'm bloated from too much salt and too many carbs...I'm gonna let things level out a bit first. Freaking margaritas. Skinny girl margaritas my ass! :lol:

Lizardjam wrote:

Glad I'm not alone! :lol: I'm not weighing myself to the weekend. I'm bloated from too much salt and too many carbs...I'm gonna let things level out a bit first. Freaking margaritas. Skinny girl margaritas my ass! :lol:

Yes, weekends seem to be my undoing. I lost 6 pounds last week being good m-f...then the weekend came along....i gained 3 back. Ugh. Oh well. Here's to a new week!!!! I don't weigh myself sat sun either.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

• Lizardjam wrote:

Yes, weekends seem to be my undoing. I lost 6 pounds last week being good m-f...then the weekend came along....i gained 3 back. Ugh. Oh well. Here's to a new week!!!! I don't weigh myself sat sun either.
    I had poached eggs and spinach for breakfast...tilapia and brown rice for lunch...lots of water and green tea. My body feels better already.

Lizardjam wrote:

I had poached eggs and spinach for breakfast...tilapia and brown rice for lunch...lots of water and green tea. My body feels better already.
    But that is alright, because if you can consistently lose positive pounds per week, then the weight WILL COME OFF. That is where I am with it. Trying mot to sweat the fluctuation between Friday and Monday, knowing that what I do throughout the week are more positive than the negative of the weekend. Plus, I am now finding that if i am not busy on Sunday, the I am right back to my normal eating, and also hitting the gym. So that even more adding to my good portion of the week. Allowing Fri night and Sat to be pretty guilt free.

That said, I weighed in tonight at exactly 218 lbs...

50 total lbs lost so far!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    So this weekend was a bust, not totally but still. Food cost way more than I wanted to pay for it in the venue, so I basically hardly ate if I was in there. Did bring food in on Sunday.

Ate a veggie panini at the airport on Thursday evening
    Had 3 cookies, and 4 oz of ginger ale on the plane Thursday night
    Friday afternoon, had a buffalo chicken wrap with sprite
    Friday evening, 2 bites of a pulled pork sammy and lots of water
    Saturday morning, a waffle with strawberry jam and OJ
    Saturday afternoon, veggies and a chicken dog
    Sunday 3am, a cheeseburger from Mickey Ds
    Sunday breakfast, a waffle and OJ
    Sunday night, a slice of ham and swiss cheese rolled up and a beef jerkey/cheese stick
    Monday morning a baggie of pretzels and 4oz of ginger ale.

I ate very little and a lot of crap. My muffin top looks smaller though...I call it the PJ20 weekend diet. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Lizardjam wrote:

But that is alright, because if you can consistently lose positive pounds per week, then the weight WILL COME OFF. That is where I am with it. Trying mot to sweat the fluctuation between Friday and Monday, knowing that what I do throughout the week are more positive than the negative of the weekend. Plus, I am now finding that if i am not busy on Sunday, the I am right back to my normal eating, and also hitting the gym. So that even more adding to my good portion of the week. Allowing Fri night and Sat to be pretty guilt free.

Congrats!!!!! :D Excellent work :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    aNiMaL wrote:

You're doing so well! It is hard to deal with the fluctuation when it feels like two steps forward, one step back. But I guess we need to decided how dedicated we are!

That said...I think my scale is wonky. Supposedly from yesterday to today, I'm down 4 lbs! Granted, M-F I'm doing no carbs, no sugar...just healthy stuff(although yesterday i had 3 corndogs throughout the day!)....so we'll see how it goes!

• Finally weighed myself and I'm down half a pound. I'm sure the picture wouldn't have been so pretty right after PJ20 but I'll take it :lol:

• I feel like a blimp... bloody weekends, they're the bane of my dieting life :(
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Was down 1/4 of a pound Friday, at least it's in the right direction.
    I feel like a blimp... bloody weekends, they're the bane of my dieting life :(
    I have to second that one....

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Weekend killed me. Especially as I visited the folks who had bought 'all the things you like' :shock:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    It's hard to diet when we have a thanksgiving dinner(and dessert) for someone about to be deployed to iraq....there was so much good food. I need to practice cake making...so I made the cake pictured below...how could I not eat some? I had to sample...you know!

cake_resized.jpg

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Lizardjam wrote:
    It's hard to diet when we have a thanksgiving dinner(and dessert) for someone about to be deployed to iraq....there was so much good food. I need to practice cake making...so I made the cake pictured below...how could I not eat some? I had to sample...you know!

cake_resized.jpg
    That's beautiful! :)
    So I said screw the diet for now and I lost 3lbs. GO FIGURE! I think it's the snacking...been too busy to snack. How's everyone else doing today..?

Had to go buy a new coat today as I looked like I was swimming in my old coat. And, I am colder than I used to be. I guess this all comes with the territory. :mrgreen:

Weighed in at 216 lbs yesterday. Down 52 total lbs.
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Had to go buy a new coat today as I looked like I was swimming in my old coat. And, I am colder than I used to be. I guess this all comes with the territory. :mrgreen:

Weighed in at 216 lbs yesterday. Down 52 total lbs.
    Good for you! That's awesome. :mrgreen:
  • awesome, awesome results cbg and animal! :thumbup:

i am determined to join you both in your success. i am down 1.5 pounds, total. it's not much, i know....but given my absolute decadence up in canada :shock: i am VERY happy. as of tomorrow, i am giving up alcohol indefinitely. in my mind i am going until my birthday, 11.22 sans alcohol....but at the very least i am going a month...tho my birthday really is my goal. either way tho, i am then embracing moderation. :? i fully admit i've had a very unhealthy relationship with alcohol over a year now. and sure, it was truly a suck-ass year, but really, that's no excuse. i need to take care of myself.

i went back to my bootcamp class yesterday for the first time since canada, and sure...it hurt...but not nearly as bad as i thought, so that's a positive. going to keep that up, cut out alcohol and really focus on healthy eating. right now, i feel like changing myself physically is the only thing i have any control over, so i believe if i am successful it will help me in other areas sorely lacking too. here's to positive change!!! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Finally, finally, finally.....some good news!!!
    I've lost 4.5 pounds this week!
    (and actually, it's 5.5 since sadly I was up a pound)
    I know it's not a lot, but I am soooooo happy, finally........progress!!
    :mrgreen:

Still doing bootcamp 3x a week, not drinking alcohol.....but the big change is diet. I've gone back to how I was eating last year when I was successful; I am eating MORE....but all good, healthy stuff. Amazing really. I know I should've been doing this all along, don't know why I couldn't get myself going...but here I am! Eating more nuts, veggies, healthy snacks....eating about every 3 hours, and still eating yummy stuff too. Had Ben & Jerrys chocolate brownie fro yo last night. All about portion control! I feel great. :)

Cool thing too, last week I tried on my "interview suits"......not that I have any interviews on the horizon, but just in case. I bought them last summer after my lay off, and also after losing 25 pounds. I am still 10 pounds heavier than then BUT...they actually fit me BETTER NOW, looser! So even tho I heavier, the bootcamp must be paying off. Now THAT felt awesome!

I am hoping to keep at it, and reach my goal weight by New Years Day. 8-)
    I soooooo NEED 2012 to be a great year, a better year....be awesome to start it off back as my small self.
    Everything else may suck big time at the moment, but I am so pleased to finally be taking control of the one thing I can, my body.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

awesome d2d!! Glad the boot camp is paying off, and good for you on the progress!!! Control what you can, don't worry about what you can't. :mrgreen:
    I've only lost about 12 pounds total, but I weighed less this morning than I have in about 4 years, so woot! :D
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    :clap::D Great news! Hopefully the decrease is allowing you to feel better (despite all the shite)! xo
    Finally, finally, finally.....some good news!!!
    I've lost 4.5 pounds this week!
    (and actually, it's 5.5 since sadly I was up a pound)
    I know it's not a lot, but I am soooooo happy, finally........progress!!
    :mrgreen:

Still doing bootcamp 3x a week, not drinking alcohol.....but the big change is diet. I've gone back to how I was eating last year when I was successful; I am eating MORE....but all good, healthy stuff. Amazing really. I know I should've been doing this all along, don't know why I couldn't get myself going...but here I am! Eating more nuts, veggies, healthy snacks....eating about every 3 hours, and still eating yummy stuff too. Had Ben & Jerrys chocolate brownie fro yo last night. All about portion control! I feel great. :)

Cool thing too, last week I tried on my "interview suits"......not that I have any interviews on the horizon, but just in case. I bought them last summer after my lay off, and also after losing 25 pounds. I am still 10 pounds heavier than then BUT...they actually fit me BETTER NOW, looser! So even tho I heavier, the bootcamp must be paying off. Now THAT felt awesome!

I am hoping to keep at it, and reach my goal weight by New Years Day. 8-)
    I soooooo NEED 2012 to be a great year, a better year....be awesome to start it off back as my small self.
    Everything else may suck big time at the moment, but I am so pleased to finally be taking control of the one thing I can, my body.
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Thank you ladies.
    I love this place. :mrgreen:

And embleve, 12 pounds is fantastic, so kudos to you!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

^^ thanks, likewise. :mrgreen: It took awhile, but once I kicked it in high gear, things have improved. 8 lbs. since Sept. 1. :D
    nope..6. Not good at math today. :lol: Anyway, still the lowest in 4 years.