the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    mmmmm yeah a little pb is yummy and fills you right up! I like apples and pb too

Me too! One of the only reasons I haven't gone back to a strict SB diet. For the first two weeks you have to give up fruit. I just can't. It's summer and it's everywhere and on sale! I try not to eat the bad carbs but...birthdays make it oh so hard!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I keep getting smaller (my clothes are fitting better!) but I don't see the scale moving down very fast. :?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    justam wrote:
    I keep getting smaller (my clothes are fitting better!) but I don't see the scale moving down very fast. :?
    muscle! :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,683
    Just started my diet (first ever) on Aug 1st. Lost 9 pounds so far, going for 30. Man it feels like i'm forever hungry.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Just started my diet (first ever) on Aug 1st. Lost 9 pounds so far, going for 30. Man it feels like i'm forever hungry.

Eat more protein! Helps the hunger feeling. :)
    I'm down 3!!! Wooohoooo!!! Went to the dr yesterday and had to weigh in. :( Instead of a frown...that went upside down to a happy face!! And a little dance too. :Lol: Starting to go off my good food eating habits...need to really get back on them. STarting with the soda kick again. :( But for some reason I need that carbonation.

Hummus and bean chips today. Maybe a little almond butter as well.
    Gotta....get...back...to....healthy...food.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    BLACK35 wrote:
    wow! 9 pounds in 11 days? That's an awesome diet! :D
    EmBleve wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    wow! 9 pounds in 11 days? That's an awesome diet! :D[/quot

Probably still not eating right, like to think I'm not starving myself. I have a breakfast smoothie and mostly fruit throughout the day and something with some substance for supper, chicken and a salad, rice, that sort of thing
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    wow! 9 pounds in 11 days? That's an awesome diet! :D[/quot

Probably still not eating right, like to think I'm not starving myself. I have a breakfast smoothie and mostly fruit throughout the day and something with some substance for supper, chicken and a salad, rice, that sort of thing
    sounds pretty good to me. I would probably feel hungry, too. If I don't eat much during the day, I am really hungry by dinnertime. But, you are getting results. :)
    BLACK35 wrote:

Sounds good to me. smoothie in the morning is great. Gets your body going. And dinner sounds good. protein and roughage. :)

Waht kind of smoothie do you make?
    sheila0225 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Sounds good to me. smoothie in the morning is great. Gets your body going. And dinner sounds good. protein and roughage. :)

It does sound good but the moment you start eating more it'll all come back. If you're not eating much during the day your body will hang on when you start feeding it again. Try some snacks that are pure protein and fiber, like veggies and pb...or nuts..then you won't feel so starving too and you will continue to see the weight drop.

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

sheila0225 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Don't laugh now, they are a Dr. Oz smoothies. I only drink 2 kinds
    1- Better Sleep Cherry Smoothie;
    1 cup cherry tart juice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup soya milk, 5 ice cubes, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. Dr. Oz says it helps you sleep more soundly (which I need to do) a trick shown to reduce cravings and stimulate metabolism
    2- Get Glowing Smoothie;
    2 tbs coconut milk, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 cup mango, 1/2 cup ice. This contains A,B,C,E and the enzyme bromelain to soothe enternal inflammation - a hidden condition linked to weight gain

Never been a big smoothie type person, but I will say they are actually very tasty. There are a few more recipes that I have but not tried yet. They all contain different fruits and I have to eat them all before they go bad.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    It does sound good but the moment you start eating more it'll all come back. If you're not eating much during the day your body will hang on when you start feeding it again. Try some snacks that are pure protein and fiber, like veggies and pb...or nuts..then you won't feel so starving too and you will continue to see the weight drop.[/quote]

Yeah we just bought some granola last night to mix in with some yogurt for a snack. I also love my pb, so might be a few more sandwiches in my future. Switching to whole grain bread from white is quite an adjustment.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    It does sound good but the moment you start eating more it'll all come back. If you're not eating much during the day your body will hang on when you start feeding it again. Try some snacks that are pure protein and fiber, like veggies and pb...or nuts..then you won't feel so starving too and you will continue to see the weight drop.

Yeah we just bought some granola last night to mix in with some yogurt for a snack. I also love my pb, so might be a few more sandwiches in my future. Switching to whole grain bread from white is quite an adjustment.[/quote]

A lot of people say that but honestly, once you get used to wheat it will be yucky when you eat regular white bread. I haven't eaten white bread in so long that when someone gives it to me, unless it's sourdough, it's just gross.

Lizardjam wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

Yeah we just bought some granola last night to mix in with some yogurt for a snack. I also love my pb, so might be a few more sandwiches in my future. Switching to whole grain bread from white is quite an adjustment.

A lot of people say that but honestly, once you get used to wheat it will be yucky when you eat regular white bread. I haven't eaten white bread in so long that when someone gives it to me, unless it's sourdough, it's just gross.[/quote]

Yeah have heard that also
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    So 1 week since I decided I needed to start eating healthier and snacking less. Haven't cut everything out. Anyway I'm minus 4lbs. Figure first week bigger loss and then things will get much harder. Only aim is not to gain and with no time frame to lose about another 10lbs!

I'm guessing the PJ20 week will but a spanner in the works but hopefully not to much.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am down 41 lbs since the first week of April. I weighed in at 227.2 lbs yesterday. :D
    :clap: Thats amazing, keep it up, whats your goal?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am down 41 lbs since the first week of April. I weighed in at 227.2 lbs yesterday. :D
    Fantastic! Keep up the hard work! :clap:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    aNiMaL wrote:

My goodness that is fantastic!!!

Well I have been pissing about with this diet business all year. But as of today, after seeing my back view in a wedding reception picture from last night, I am deadly serious. WTF I looked like I had boobs on my back. I also spent the entire evening breathing in very hard to try and stop my belly sticking out. :x

I am very cross with myself for having zero will power. I cannot resist any sweet things, I always manage to find an excuse to treat myself. Over the last couple of months, my excuse is that as I'm now 44 I don't want to look too thin because it makes you look older. But I have really got to face the fact that that I'm just kidding myself. I need to eat healthier, get fitter and lose some weight.

Hopefully I'll stick to my resolution past breakfast tomorrow.

If anyone see's me mention anything on here to do with wanting unhealthy food, please pm me or just call me out. I am a very greedy person.

:(
    Claireack wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Well I have been pissing about with this diet business all year. But as of today, after seeing my back view in a wedding reception picture from last night, I am deadly serious. WTF I looked like I had boobs on my back. I also spent the entire evening breathing in very hard to try and stop my belly sticking out. :x

I am very cross with myself for having zero will power. I cannot resist any sweet things, I always manage to find an excuse to treat myself. Over the last couple of months, my excuse is that as I'm now 44 I don't want to look too thin because it makes you look older. But I have really got to face the fact that that I'm just kidding myself. I need to eat healthier, get fitter and lose some weight.

If anyone see's me mention anything on here to do with wanting unhealthy food, please pm me or just call me out. I am a very greedy person.

I just started my first diet on the start of August, it is very hard to resist the temptations, its been going good. So if I can do it, i'm sure you can do it to :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    :clap: Thats amazing, keep it up, whats your goal?
    Thanks! I would like to lose about another 20 to 25 lbs, then re-evaluate. That will put me in the 200 to 210 range, and I am 5' 11".
    Thats exactly the goal i'm going for, the 200 mark, got about 20 to go
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    Claireack wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

In my opinion, it is 60% workout and 40% changing what I eat. I am against "diets" and am for just overall making better meal decisions most of the time. I could not be restricted to a specific diet. I need variety to some degree and have to enjoy what I eat. And, as long as your are seriously working out on a very regular basis (for me that is 5 days a week), then it is no big deal if every once in a while you eat something that isn't part of your regular eating habits, because you are still working out. It is about making better meal decisions most of the time and working out all of the time. That combination has allowed me to still drink good beer and lose weight consistently.

Good luck to you! :thumbup:
    Claireack wrote:
    Over the last couple of months, my excuse is that as I'm now 44 I don't want to look too thin because it makes you look older.
    Good luck, Claireack! I can understand the temptation--willpower is a b. :lol:
    Anyway, as a side note..I have often wondered about the theory that you have in your post.. I'm curious to test it out for myself.. :lol: as I've said before, I gained back alot of weight I had lost about 5 years ago (I kept the weight off for several years, but then it crept back with life events)....but, I sort of think the theory of being thin makes one look older depends on the person. Granted, I'm 5 years older now, but when I was thin(ner), people thought I was younger than I was. Now that I'm a bit fluffier, it seems that people think I'm older. I wonder if being heavier gives one that maternal/older look to them. I don't know...yes, I know being thinner supposedly brings out wrinkles more...let's try it and see! :lol:
    Down another 1.5 pounds this week :D

For me diet has been so much more important than exercise. I have exercised 5-6x per week for years and years. That part hasn't changed. I always try to vary routines and intensity. The only time I skip is when I've had the flu, etc. Even with that I managed to gain weight. Cutting out the processed food has made all the difference. I never really ate horribly before, always low-cal, low-fat, but it was still a lot of processed stuff filled with crap. I knew I had to change my diet and it did make a difference, which makes sense since that's the fuel my body is using anyway. If I don't put any crap in it in the first place, there's none to burn off with the exercise. The trickiest part has been trying to find ways to eat healthier with my work schedule and events (weddings, concerts, bbq, going to dinner, etc). I've found ways so far...but I have a feeling PJ20 will be a klusterfuck :? :lol:

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Great Job!!!

CBG----that is great how you keep losing. I need to try harder on my eating habits.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    aNiMaL wrote:

That's inspirational for all of us! I saw in your later post how it's more of a diet change overall. Which is good, that will mean it won't come back!

I am starting south beach Monday! I need that drastic change in the beginning to wean myself off all the crap I can't stay away from. I'm up 2lbs from Friday. Damn birthdays and bbqs nonstop since thursday!

Lizard wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Great Job!!!

CBG----that is great how you keep losing. I need to try harder on my eating habits.
    Thanks! Yeah it's been all about changing my eating for me. I HATE cooking and I'm always in a rush...so anything convenient is what I usually lean to . It's always been easier for me to add in exercise than to change my eating for some reason. Hopefully once this new way of eating becomes *habit* it will be just as easy to stick to.

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    i've been MIA awhile, mea culpa....not much to report.
    down 1.5 pounds. woohoo.
    come tomorrow, could be up 1.5 pounds.
    needless to say i feel like zero progress has been made.
    in regards t my bootcamp, yea....things feel GOOD. under all the flab, i feel major muscle developing. thus far, not much progress in the weight loss dept. tho. i'm going to continue for the next 3 months. this past week the instructor has been on vacation, but i HAVE chosen to continue to kick my own ass at home. :shock: it's high time things are a'changin'....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow