the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Had a weigh in last night and was exactly the same as the previous week. Did lots of exercise and ate less - I guess at least it wasn't up. :D
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Weighed in this morning and have lost 1kg (2.2lbs) since last week so that is encouraging :) I've cut my sugar in half and am not craving it as much as I thought I would.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    still up 1.5 pounds, and i really don't think there will be much improvement until after the 4th of july celebrations. after taht, i really want to get SERIOUS. there are a few evenings out on the horizon, but not dinners....so i am hoping to keep it under control. also, plan to start the bootcamp on the 11th, and i really want to try and be sans alcohol for the 6 weeks. :shock: idk, we'll see, hahaha....but i definitely plan on cutting back severely, weekends only!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I lost two pounds today. It was a happy surprise. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm feeling very hungry right now :(
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Claireack wrote:
    I'm feeling very hungry right now :(
    have a snack..
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    My problem is I do an hour long spin class yesterday and then go out to eat hot wings and drink beer. I have no self discipline!

:)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • i have completely gone waaaay off course since my sister came home last week - haven't exercised since Monday night! :o :shock: Been so lazy as well - but have had a lot of other stuff to deal with too so I'm letting that be my excuse :D

One week today and I'll be at T in the Park - not setting any weight goals but plan to exercise each night, doing the 30 day shred video up til then, to get a bit toned and then as soon as I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks, back to business. I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either.
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Tonight I saw a client I haven't seen for about 2 months. As soon as she walked in she commented that I've lost a lot of weight. I still have no idea how much, but it's good to know it's actually noticeable now. :)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Tonight I saw a client I haven't seen for about 2 months. As soon as she walked in she commented that I've lost a lot of weight. I still have no idea how much, but it's good to know it's actually noticeable now. :)

that's awesome cbg!
    i had that last spring, alas, nowadays...not so much.
    however, i am hoping come september in canada, i hear it a LOT. 8-)

lizard, don't beat yourself up - it all depends what you want. do you actually want to lose weight? or just maintain/tone? if the latter, no worries...eat those hot wings!
    hell, if one can't indulge in hot wings, life is not worth living.... :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

that's awesome cbg!

Thank you! I'm curious about the number...but I know just how much that number can fuck with my head.

that's awesome cbg!

Thank you! I'm curious about the number...but I know just how much that number can fuck with my head.

i weigh myself daily, keeps me in check....but we all need to work whatever works for us.
    i find 10 pounds +/- = 1 size....so i know you mentioned buying and then returning clothes.....so youre sure to see just from that. more than anything, you should measure yourself, especially if you're exercising more than watching diet....b/c muscle is smaller than fat, so you might be shrinking even if the numbers on the scale don't move much. :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i weigh myself daily, keeps me in check....but we all need to work whatever works for us.
    i find 10 pounds +/- = 1 size....so i know you mentioned buying and then returning clothes.....so youre sure to see just from that. more than anything, you should measure yourself, especially if you're exercising more than watching diet....b/c muscle is smaller than fat, so you might be shrinking even if the numbers on the scale don't move much. :lol:
    I just find that when the numbers on the scale don't move fast enough, it's discouraging. I'm impatient! I'm so short that it takes a little less for me to drop a size...probably about 7 pounds...so my estimate is in the 15 pound range. Last time I measured my waist was down 4.5 inches and my hips down about 4.25. That is encouraging!

• LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    I went down 3lbs....then I went camping and to universal studios and blech. I'm back up 1lb. Not so bad but I think I'm not going full out until after the fourth. We're hosting a bbq so....it's going to be so hard!!
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    today is canada day so its hard for us north of the border too!
    the important thing is not to get discouraged when you've gained...
    sometimes its hard because when you eat badly you tend to (or i do anyways) think, "well i've eaten terribly this first few days I might as well eat terribly the rest of the week!"

but like my mom says if you fall down the stairs half the way would you say i'm half way there and throw yourself down the rest of the way? :D

keep up the good work everyone :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    sometimes its hard because when you eat badly you tend to (or i do anyways) think, "well i've eaten terribly this first few days I might as well eat terribly the rest of the week!"

but like my mom says if you fall down the stairs half the way would you say i'm half way there and throw yourself down the rest of the way? :D

That's a pretty funny analogy. I tend to go both ways. If there's cake involved, then I'm going all the way down the stairs!!!!

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

Lizardjam wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

That's a pretty funny analogy. I tend to go both ways. If there's cake involved, then I'm going all the way down the stairs!!!!
    can't argue there! :lol:
    I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow, but I am prepared. I'm bringing crudités and a dip made from nonfat greek yogurt/dijon mustard, some ahi tuna, and salmon and veggie skewers and some extra veggies for the grill. No alcohol for me...just some iced green tea blended with fresh raspberries, no sugar. The sun is my drug :)

I've gotten used to iced tea without sugar or splenda this summer. I'm surprised, but now it tastes good. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I'm going to a BBQ tomorrow, but I am prepared. I'm bringing crudités and a dip made from nonfat greek yogurt/dijon mustard, some ahi tuna, and salmon and veggie skewers and some extra veggies for the grill. No alcohol for me...just some iced green tea blended with fresh raspberries, no sugar. The sun is my drug :)
    Yum sounds delish!
    I weigh in tomorrow morning and am truly scared!!!
    well i was only down half a pound but that's alright considering i ate like crap all weeK!!!
    Well even though i ate lots of crap this weekend I lost 1 pound. I know it's not a lot but it's a whole lot better than putting it on. :D
    I seem to be holding on to that weight from last week. Since I did have a huge pizza dinner on Sunday, a big Mexican dinner on Saturday and some ice cream last night, I think it's good I didn't go up again! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    Claireack wrote:
    Well even though i ate lots of crap this weekend I lost 1 pound. I know it's not a lot but it's a whole lot better than putting it on. :D
    i heard the slower you lose it the less likely you are to gain a bunch back
    anyways, 1 lb at a time and we'll all get to our goals! :)
    My mom and I have been buying Skinny Cow ice cream products. I like their chocolate truffle bars, they are just like fudgecicles (which i loved as a kid!!) and they are low in calories but make a really good treat if you are craving ice cream or something of that sorts...
    6a00e54eddc888883301157051c67d970b-800wi

Also Dairy Queen's low fat fudge bars have even fewer calories i think and come in orange flavour too
    haffajappa wrote:
    My mom and I have been buying Skinny Cow ice cream products. I like their chocolate truffle bars, they are just like fudgecicles (which i loved as a kid!!) and they are low in calories but make a really good treat if you are craving ice cream or something of that sorts...
    6a00e54eddc888883301157051c67d970b-800wi

Also Dairy Queen's low fat fudge bars have even fewer calories i think and come in orange flavour too

That looks so good!

Up 2lbs after the bbq yesterday.....

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't think i will ever lose a pound. walked all over san fran, came home, jumped on the scale and nothing had changed. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    i don't think i will ever lose a pound. walked all over san fran, came home, jumped on the scale and nothing had changed. :x

Better than going up! :D

But I know the lack of loss is so very un-motivating. You'll get there!

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    The 81 wrote:

it takes time to notice results. you can lose a pound going to the bathroom. i'd get on the scale after 2 weeks to notice any real changes. you gotta be patient