the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

191011121315»

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Jason P wrote:
    That's a pretty amazing weight loss. I assume your plan just consists of eating healthy and exercising?
    Yeah, really it is that simple. And, don't over think it. I never counted calories; I just know that what I eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner is better than what I used to eat.

And, then there is the gym side...hit it hard and regularly! Need a shower when you are done. Push yourself.

I think to have success the way I did it you have to be good at being your own motivator, dietitian, trainer, etc. I am not good with people telling me what to do, so I had to figure it all out for myself and figure out what was going to work for me. But, some people need a more guided, structured approach. Everyone is different.

And lastly, what ever you do, make sure it is something you can sustain. It really should be a lifestyle change, not a diet or workout fad. That's why I didn't want to follow any sort of a diet plan or routine because to me those things scream temporary. Small changes that you can live with forever are better for you than huge drastic changes that you cannot live with.
    Where are all the regulars from this thread from last year? How is everyone doing with their health and wellness?

I am down to my goal, staying between 170 and 175 lbs which puts me in the normal weight range according to the bmi chart. Down to a 32 inch waist (from a 40-42 inch waist) and wear Large size shirts (down from an XXL). I am still working out all the time and eating healthy.

This last winter I skied a couple times and was able to ski all day without any issues at all. This weekend I am hiking the Ape Caves near Mt. St. Helens, which are the longest lava tubes in the lower 48. And, next month, I am racing in the Spartan Sprint Race which is a 5K mud/obstacle race. All things previously I wouldn't have done any longer due to having been so out of shape.

How is everyone else's progress or maintenance going?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    aNiMaL wrote:
    This weekend I am hiking the Ape Caves near Mt. St. Helens, which are the longest lava tubes in the lower 48.
    I hiked the Ape Caves a few years back. I thought I had discovered a new life form ... it has weird crystal formations ... I was about to poke it when I realized it was a pile of shit someone had taken a few months back. :sick::sick::sick:

Take extra batteries and a good flashlight. At one point I did a complete 360 and had no idea I was heading back to the entrance until my friends yelled out to me.
    Jason P wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    This weekend I am hiking the Ape Caves near Mt. St. Helens, which are the longest lava tubes in the lower 48.
    I hiked the Ape Caves a few years back. I thought I had discovered a new life form ... it has weird crystal formations ... I was about to poke it when I realized it was a pile of shit someone had taken a few months back. :sick::sick::sick:

Take extra batteries and a good flashlight. At one point I did a complete 360 and had no idea I was heading back to the entrance until my friends yelled out to me.
    Good tip! Thanks!

Hahaha, you thought you discovered a new life form! Reminds me of a time camping years ago; after we had had several drinks one night, my buddy fresh back from the trail to relieve himself, he came back proclaiming that he found glowing moss. After closer investigating it turned out it was toilet paper!! :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We are going to try tennis. Picked up some rackets tonight....tommorrow we play :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg