the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Hi, group. Gained back the pound I had lost, went to the gym yesterday, will go today (I'm hoping), and the pics on the fridge aren't helping yet overnight. :problem: My willpower left on a jet plane. I'm trying to lure it back.. Have a great weekend people! :D
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Went to the dr yesterday for some pre-op testing...and to my surprise..I'm down 3 more pounds!! The nurse thought i was a nut job for doing a happy dance right there on the scale. :lol:
    Going to stick with this. Going to be super hot for PJ20. ( a girl can dream right?) :lol:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Went to the dr yesterday for some pre-op testing...and to my surprise..I'm down 3 more pounds!! The nurse thought i was a nut job for doing a happy dance right there on the scale. :lol:
    Going to stick with this. Going to be super hot for PJ20. ( a girl can dream right?) :lol:
    :clap: Good for you! That's awesome.
    Yes, super hot for PJ20. Plus, my aunt is coming Sept. 12 so would like to be down 15 pounds by then. Is that realistic? :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    :lol: @ shelia!

that is my goal! I got to lose about 20 pounds...I'll be happy with 15. I try to not weigh myself 'every day' but, I always wonder...'I've been eating really good the past few days....' but I can do it! it's 2 pounds a week...it's doable!

a few days ago, we went to the store bought all veggies and came home. A neighbor kid came up and asked us, 'whatcha got in the bag?' I replied 'veggies!' he screams, 'ewwww! gross!' and runs away. :lol:

summer does not help...all the BBQ's and street fairs...yummy delicious food to nom on...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    that is my goal! I got to lose about 20 pounds...I'll be happy with 15. I try to not weigh myself 'every day' but, I always wonder...'I've been eating really good the past few days....' but I can do it! it's 2 pounds a week...it's doable!
    I think so, too!! I just counted it up--10 weeks from tomorrow!! woot woot. Yes, doable. :D
    I never weigh myself unless I go to the dr. That's the only time. And lately it seems I'm going multiple times a week. The way I judge my loss is by how my clothes fit. :D

It also helped that I did a food detox a number of weeks ago. I'd be happy to share some of it with those who are interested. Believe me, I ate and ate and ate. And now I'm feeling great.

And we can lose this weight before PJ20. Everyone will be asking...who are those hot chicks? :lol:
    So should I pull a 'cav' and end my 3 random facts with 'I'm a hot looking chick'? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Ideally I'd like a stone, but as I was + 2 this week, all is not going to plan.

Done quite a lot of walking this week though so fingers crossed.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    So should I pull a 'cav' and end my 3 random facts with 'I'm a hot looking chick'? :lol:

totally should :lol:
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    im up one as of today. yesterday was a serious carb fest!
    going to the movies - popcorn! and out to dinner more than likely tonight, tho greek so shouldn't be too bad but....im in the home stretch of hubby's staycation, hopefully not do too much more damage over the weekend and then come monday i am back on it!

glad to see everyone still going for it!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Still eating and exercising to plan. Haven't cheated once. I'm a determined mofo when I decide to do something. I refuse to weigh myself...but even the smaller sizes I bought a couple of weeks ago are too big now. Damn...guess I'll have to keep shopping :lol: Just popped half an apple and some blueberries and cinnamon in the microwave. Delicious.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I'm afraid my Scales might *BREAK* if i Tried to jump on them!...lol :P
    Still eating and exercising to plan. Haven't cheated once. I'm a determined mofo when I decide to do something. I refuse to weigh myself...but even the smaller sizes I bought a couple of weeks ago are too big now. Damn...guess I'll have to keep shopping :lol: Just popped half an apple and some blueberries and cinnamon in the microwave. Delicious.

See, I need to get back to this. Back in 2003 when I first realized, fuck, you're a chubby fucker :lol: I did something about it, immediately.....and then I quit smoking to boot too! And it all worked, tho I went back to my bad ways in time, tho never the ciggies. And sure, I've had a rough year, but that's really no excuse. So. I AM determined to be a determined Mofo too. Monday. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

See, I need to get back to this. Back in 2003 when I first realized, fuck, you're a chubby fucker :lol: I did something about it, immediately.....and then I quit smoking to boot too! And it all worked, tho I went back to my bad ways in time, tho never the ciggies. And sure, I've had a rough year, but that's really no excuse. So. I AM determined to be a determined Mofo too. Monday. :mrgreen:
    We will be two determined mofos :D:lol:

We will be two determined mofos :D:lol:

watch out world!
    :lol:

as mentioned, once before in my life i realized, whoa nelly, wtf is going on here?! and i DID do something about it, and i lost it all and pronto. of course, i was also younger then too. i've been wanting to do something about it again, for sometime now, but for whatever reason, it didn't translate into determination, until last year...and i lost 25 pounds. sadly, got sidetracked and havent found my way back, but monday, monday, monday!!! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

made fake french toast this morning. Sliced some granny smith apples really thin and put them in a nonstick pan with fat free cooking spray until they got soft. Scrambled some egg whites with a tsp of vanilla extract, some cinnamon and a packet of truvia. Poured that in with the apples and cooked like an omelette. Soooo freaking good.

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    There's only 3 things that would make me stick to a program:

1. Pearl Jam touring near me
    2. Being attracted to someone in particular i.e., my colleague's brother. That man makes my daydreams fascinating. If he visited the area again, and I knew beforehand, I would give up chocolate, and cheetos!
    3. I got the job I applied for - DONE! Time to think of my exercise program :D

I have to say that meeting my colleague's brother again, would be more exciting than getting this job, but in the long run, getting the job is still good. :lol:
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    What a bomb of a weekend. For some reason I was hungry for everything I shouldn't have. Gluten, dairy, soda. And guess what! I gave in to my body. Did I pay for it yesterday. Sure did! But worth it.
    The good thing from all of that. I didn't gain a pound or oz. I'm holding steady.
    Back to eating good today. Gotta look good for Eddie tomorrow and Wednesday! :D
    I did 'ok' this weekend...went to sushi on Friday :D
    then we went to a friend's house for a party...I ate half a hot dog and some plain tortilla chips (those guys in bands sure do know how to eat horribly! :lol: )
    I felt really :sick: on Sunday...so we make 'chicken salsa' (see recipe in the foodie thread...it's good for you!) and I made rice-mixed half and half (white/brown) since Mr. RK hates brown rice.
    Had a salad too...got lots of veggies in the house, so I'll have salad for lunch today!
    Didn't gain any weight, but didn't lose either.

- Christopher McCandless
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    the rest of last week was a bad food week. I ate way too many carbs and didn't workout nearly as much as I should. Going to a BBQ yesterday didn't help either- lovely sausages and burgers, and bbq fixings. lol.
    But surprisingly, I lost the 2 lbs that I had gained the week before.

So, this week, I'm going to change it up and go slow carb. And really put in the effort to exercise this week and see what happens.
  • was doing so good up to last wednesday - prom so i didn't exercise
    thursday was shopping+cinema+dinner with my sister, friday was a lazy day but i managed to do the workout.
    saturday was another shopping+cinema+dinner with both sisters, ate waaaay too much but i exercised to make up for it - not as much as i should have because i was so darn tired. sunday i ate a bit of crap but exercised and worked my ass off. still not doing as good as i'd like to be- missing those two days and eating out twice in one week has totally shat on all the work i did before :(
    oh well, tonight i'm not up to exercising but i'm going to force myself to do the video. need to keep doing it even though i feel like dying each time
    Well after 2 weeks staycation with hubby, I've gained 3 pounds! Ugh. Can't really complain as we ate and ate and ate...and drank and drank and drank. So time to get back on track. I've not exercised I a week and a half either. :oops: so I am up 15 pounds since last May. Ouch. Still down 10 from January 2010, so I guess that's at least something. Still it makes me ultimate goal that much further away, so getting serious this week!

Glad to read most of you are doing better than me, hopefully be motivating!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

Still sticking to my diet and exercise plan...even made it through the EV show without cheating...no alcohol (though I don't usually drink much at shows anyway), brought baby carrots to snack on instead of buying some crap at the concessions. Yesterday I exchanged a bunch of clothes I had bought a couple of weeks ago that still had the tags on. Might need to hold off on buying anything new until I'm at my goal. :? Not shopping is harder for me than the diet or exercise. Can we start a support thread for that? :lol:

Still sticking to my diet and exercise plan...even made it through the EV show without cheating...no alcohol (though I don't usually drink much at shows anyway), brought baby carrots to snack on instead of buying some crap at the concessions. Yesterday I exchanged a bunch of clothes I had bought a couple of weeks ago that still had the tags on. Might need to hold off on buying anything new until I'm at my goal. :? Not shopping is harder for me than the diet or exercise. Can we start a support thread for that? :lol:

Fantastic! :)
    Ill look to You for inspiration!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Why have i only just found this thread? All year I have been meaning to start eating healthier and exercising. I need to lose around 18kg (40lbs) which has all crept on since having my daughter 6.5 years ago. My major downfall is sugar - I have a mean sweet tooth, ooh and cheese...

Anyway its my 30th birthday in 10 weeks and today something just clicked, I would like to loose 8kgs (17.5lbs) by then, and I'm determined this time to stick to it. I am pretty good at eating well during the day at work, it's after dinner that the cravings start. So tonight I am clearing the cupboards of the crap and filling them with healthy alternatives.

Exercise is not my friend :? I can't afford to go to the gym and being winter walking is out. My husband is a fitness junkie so its about time I get his help to whip me into shape.

Wish me luck :)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Well, it's Monday and I am still the same weight. Didn't lose, didn't gain.

I stayed on my exercise plan and I didn't gain any water weight like I might at this particular time... So, I'm not too sad about it. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    I find the most challenging part about working out is finding the time to do it. I work 15 hour days, so I don't really have time to waste driving to the gym, so I work out first thing in the morning (5-6 days per week). I've made it such a part of my routine that I find it harder to function if I DON'T work out. I do a lot of videos since I can do them right at home and then hop in the shower and head to work. I save the gym for weekends or days off. Someone mentioned the 30 day shred - that is a great video. I love most of Jillian Michaels's videos. I really like banish fat, boost metabolism for a good cardio workout and no more trouble zones for low weight, high repetition strength training. I've heard mixed reviews about her yoga and kettlebell videos. I like Michelle Dozios 2 new Peak 10 videos too - great interval videos that go through a series of cycles that really ramp up your heart rate. Her earlier videos are on the easier side. I love collagevideo.com to be able to view clips and read reviews, get specifics, and then usually order them for cheaper on amazon.

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    There's only 3 things that would make me stick to a program:

1. Pearl Jam touring near me
    2. Being attracted to someone in particular i.e., my colleague's brother. That man makes my daydreams fascinating. If he visited the area again, and I knew beforehand, I would give up chocolate, and cheetos!
    3. I got the job I applied for - DONE! Time to think of my exercise program :D

I have to say that meeting my colleague's brother again, would be more exciting than getting this job, but in the long run, getting the job is still good. :lol:
    That's funny...
    1. PJ is coming in Sept, better get in shape when i see all my old friends again (you really notice the weight on someone if you haven't seen them in a while!)
    2. Because of #3 (see below) there are fresh and novel men to crush on around me
    3. I got a new job and started last week

So I can totally relate!!!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    So I am just over 4 weeks into the new plan, and while I often cheat here and there I do so in moderate portions! So far I am down 7.6 lbs which is just under my goal of 2 lbs / week (though I think that is setting the bar pretty high considering I'm not one for following healthy eating habits)

This week I am determined to stick to it better though technically I am on vacation for 3 days so hopefully that doesn't hinder me too much and I can continue to see weight loss and reach my goal for the end of the summer (during which I will reward myself with the jersey I plan on buying [in a smaller size of course! :D])
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    everyone's doing pretty good..props! :D Me, I had cocktails on Saturday, then ate too much on Sunday, didn't weigh yesterday, and today I'm up two pounds from last week. Bummer. Also, been thinking (sadly) that I may not be able to make it to PJ20; I have alot of dental work to be done that I found out a few weeks ago--and, as of yesterday, I think one of the teeth is getting infected, so it cannot be put off. I think the PJ Money Fund is going to have to become the teeth fund. Very sad about it indeed. On an up note, my boyfriend got me an awesome mountain bike for my birthday so I'm going to start including that in my plan and really concentrate on eating better. (I don't know why I can't seem to be on time with these updates. :lol: )