the 2011 mid-year diet resolution thread

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    It'd be helpful if I could get interested in paying attention to this again. :?

Maybe if I took my scale out of the closet I'd feel motivated?! :D

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • That's awesome D2D and EmBleve! :clap: We're all gonna be looking smoking for NYE :mrgreen:

This weekend I found dark chocolate almond butter. How have I not discovered this before now? Had some on a piece of multigrain toast with organic raspberry preserves for a treat. Delicious! :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Let's hope so. :D I hope you are still doing awesomely! And dark chocolate almond butter sounds very delicious; never seen it. yum.
    justam wrote:

:lol: yes, get it out! :mrgreen:
  • EmBleve wrote:
    Let's hope so. :D I hope you are still doing awesomely! And dark chocolate almond butter sounds very delicious; never seen it. yum.
    I'm not sure if you have a Wegman's near you, but they have it in the organic section with the rest of the almond butter. It's SO GOOD and totally takes care of the chocolate cravings. Thanks! I'm focused on maintaining right now 8-)

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    EmBleve wrote:
    justam wrote:

:lol: yes, get it out! :mrgreen:

:P :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    EmBleve wrote:
    I'm not sure if you have a Wegman's near you, but they have it in the organic section with the rest of the almond butter. It's SO GOOD and totally takes care of the chocolate cravings. Thanks! I'm focused on maintaining right now 8-)
    No, I don't have a Wegman's...but I'll look for it in the stores we do have. Maintenance is good. :mrgreen:
  • Oh my!!! A diet thread!!!! *_*

And I can see it started around the time I started (yet again...) dieting too! :D

Everyone is doing really good from what I read! As for me, I adopted some from paleo but a bit lower in carbs and I'm doing fine too :)

Stay strong gals!!! :D
    ~Can't escape from the common rule
    If you hate something, don't you do it too...~
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Oh my!!! A diet thread!!!! *_*

And I can see it started around the time I started (yet again...) dieting too! :D

Everyone is doing really good from what I read! As for me, I adopted some from paleo but a bit lower in carbs and I'm doing fine too :)

Stay strong gals!!! :D
    And guys! I am here too. :)

D2D, awesome progress! Keep it up!

Last Friday I weighed in at 212 lbs. 56 total lbs lost!

We'll see what three days away from the gym, and a trip to Canada did for me - but I tried to eat kinda healthy while I was there. But, did eat fast food twice (BKing). No biggie. Back at the gym tonight after work and hope to be down to 210 lbs by the end of the week to log another 10 lbs lost in the month of September.
  • Fantastic Kevin!!!
    Very inspiring. :)

I am holding steady at my 4.5 pound loss thus far this week, really do hope to knock 2 off each week.
    Keeping at it and *fingers crossed* :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited October 2011
    woooohoooo...another week, another 1.5 pounds, gone!
    so now down 6 pounds, i'm on my way!
    happy, happy.... :D

it took me 4 months to get going :lol: but it seems i finally got serious and am inching towards success. here's to continuing to lose, and may it be a precursor for other positive changes.
    8-)

hope everyone else is continuing with their own personal successes!
    i'm tryin' to catch up, finally...;)

*edit - i forgot to mention, i've lost:
    1" off my bust, 1/2" off my waist, 1" off my hips, 1" off my thighs and 1" off my arms....so yea....wooohoooo.
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I got down to 210.8 lbs on Friday! That is another 10 lbs lost in September, and 58 total lbs lost since the first of April!
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    Animal! That's great news! Congrats to those of you on track! Sounds like you're making progress nicely! :mrgreen:
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
    Lizardjam wrote:
    Animal! That's great news! Congrats to those of you on track! Sounds like you're making progress nicely! :mrgreen:
    Thank you!!

And D2D, you keep up the great work too - you are getting great results too.

Stay motivated everyone! We are becoming a leaner and meaner Pearl Jam fan base!! :mrgreen:
    i know weight can fluctuate daily, but none the less....got on the scale this morning, and another 1.5 pounds, gone!
    so down 7.5 pounds!
    everything else might suck :P...but man, what a great way to start a day. :mrgreen:
    hope this loss 'sticks'...and continues....if i can manage a 2 pound per week average, can definitely reach my goal by new years day, and what a positive and happy way to start off a new year....as my small self again! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i know weight can fluctuate daily, but none the less....got on the scale this morning, and another 1.5 pounds, gone!
    so down 7.5 pounds!
    everything else might suck :P...but man, what a great way to start a day. :mrgreen:
    hope this loss 'sticks'...and continues....if i can manage a 2 pound per week average, can definitely reach my goal by new years day, and what a positive and happy way to start off a new year....as my small self again! 8-)
    woot woot! awesomeness. :D
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Nice thread. It's great to have encouragement when trying to lose weight.

I really let my weight get out of control for a few years. I decided back in March that I had to lose some weight and get healthier. My wife and I bought a treadmill and started eating better. We're not on a diet per se, but we are eating healthier than before and I'm also practicing portion control. Portion control was a big hurdle for me as I would routinely go back for seconds. Changing our eating habits and walking an hour a day (4 miles) has really helped me. I've lost about 25 pounds since March and really feel much better. I know I've still got a way to go to get to my goal, but I think I've made a positive start.

Good luck to everyone!!
    I just weighed in at 208.0 lbs! That is 60 total lbs lost since the first week of April!

Man, that feels great! :mrgreen:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I just weighed in at 208.0 lbs! That is 60 total lbs lost since the first week of April!

Man, that feels great! :mrgreen:

absolutely fantastic!!!

me, i am back up 2 pounds, so down 5.5 total. not too bad, had a rather decadent weekend, and i broke my 2 week streak of no alcohol. eh well. hubby has a rare 2 days off in a row, so just enjoying it. had 3 fantastic meals out, 2 bottle of wine...and might go for one more tonight. tomorrow back on it, and back to no drinking. still overall happy with my progress. i see clearly now when i stay focused/serious, i do get results, so will continue....tomorrow! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I drank A LOT this weekend :oops: but in my defense I totally deserved to :lol: And I went to a greek festival and partook in all the delicious food. :oops: I'm not gonna weigh myself until the end of the week to let everything level out. Went shopping today and the clothes are all fitting good, so I think the damage was minimal.

I drank A LOT this weekend :oops: but in my defense I totally deserved to :lol: And I went to a greek festival and partook in all the delicious food. :oops: I'm not gonna weigh myself until the end of the week to let everything level out. Went shopping today and the clothes are all fitting good, so I think the damage was minimal.

exactly.
    tomorrow i am back on track.
    i needed this break, and tonight in particular, i needed this break from my reality.
    i can only hope things get better from here.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

and i hope tomorrow i am not TOO far off track, but either way, i AM getting back on track b/c i want to reach my goals by new years day. working on reaching my goals.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

back on track.
    down 6 pounds total once more, where i was last monday. good enough for me.
    and i AM staying focused on healthy eating, back to my bootcamp (i had to miss 2 classes :() and the alcohol is out of the equation once more for the time being. got to work on me! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

back on track.
    down 6 pounds total once more, where i was last monday. good enough for me.
    and i AM staying focused on healthy eating, back to my bootcamp (i had to miss 2 classes :() and the alcohol is out of the equation once more for the time being. got to work on me! :)
    Good job!! To you, and all the peeps! :D Keep up the good work. And I'm with you, at the same as last week, but it's all good. Things that are much more important sometimes take precedence. Carry on!! :mrgreen:
    I'm going out of town for a week starting tomorrow on a vacation that has been planned for some time. Here's to hoping I don't eradicate any accomplishments to this point. Lost three more pounds although I fully expect to regain those--that was my 3 pound leeway to prepare for vacation. :lol: Have a great week, all. :mrgreen:
    EmBleve wrote:
    I'm going out of town for a week starting tomorrow on a vacation that has been planned for some time. Here's to hoping I don't eradicate any accomplishments to this point. Lost three more pounds although I fully expect to regain those--that was my 3 pound leeway to prepare for vacation. :lol: Have a great week, all. :mrgreen:

awesome!
    so what's that make it now, 15 pounds?
    that's great....and sure, nice to have that cushion of those 3 pounds. ;)
    enjoy your vacation!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

down 7.5 pounds total!
    yes, i hit that last tuesday....then actually regained 1.5....but now back down to it, and on a monday....nice, positive way to kick off the week! AND i had a really enjoyable weekend in general, but definitely yummy foods and yes, drinks (back to drinking only on weekends)......so happy i could do all that AND still manage to lose 2 pounds over the last week. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    That's so great everyone!!!!!! I am getting in better shape, I think. I don't weigh myself so can't post any good #s!

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    That's so great everyone!!!!!! I am getting in better shape, I think. I don't weigh myself so can't post any good #s!

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!

you should measure yourself, sometimes that's even MORE satisfying than the #s on the scale.
    i measure myself on the first of every month, keep track of it on my food/exercise jounral...it's nice to see and feel those changes definitely!
    and really, my clothes started fitting WAY better, looser a lot quicker than the #s on the scale, and even with the loss, it's not all that much....so the inches really are what are making me happy. :) eventually of course, i want to see BOTH a lot smaller. 8-) getting there....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

oh, and bootcamp is kicking my ass 3 days a week.....and i LOVE it! just got home from my class....awesome!
    i actually find i look forward to it :o ....NEVER thought that would happen. me, looking forward to exercise! :o
    i'm converted! :lol: i find it makes me feel GREAT, and it's also an awesome outlet/release from all the *other* bs in my life, cluttering my mind. one of the best decisions i've ever made....definitely glad i signed up, hope to go thru the end of the year then try to do on my own at home.

8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...