Options

Pearl Jam Twenty - Film Book Soundtrack

Comments

• Options
    kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    I just picked up the book today and found out that my friends and I are on PAGE 1. Super excited!!! You can find us in the lower right corner where the two guys who look like each other wearing white shirts (they're brothers) and I am the guy in the dark shirt with the camera standing next to them with my sister. I would post a picture but have no clue how to on this board. I think of all of the pictures that could have graced these pages and I was lucky enough to be one of those fans.
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • Options
    I didn't get tickets for the film.
    I assumed they wouldn't show it in Miami..they never do anything in Miami..they seem to hate Miami..plus I was in a bit of a low and not caring about anyone or anything...now I'm bummed :cry:
  • Options
    Ugh...my eyes crave moisture. I just burned through 188 pages in one sitting. Must sleep...okay, maybe just a couple of more pages. ;)
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    Just received book and the PJ vans. Can't wait to get home.
  • Options
    Got my Amazon.co.uk message on wednesday that the book shipped out!
    Estimated arrival date: October 05, 2011... it sucks to live in Perth, too far away from everything!
    But..the book is on its way! :D
    "I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.."
  • Options
    I got the soundtrack in the shops today. :D
    Its already in the CD player in the car. Can't wait to drive home after work.
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    got my book on Wednesday and the soundtrack CD just now :D:D:D
  • Options
    Its great living in Germany, isn't it? :D
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    IrishGuy wrote:
    Its great living in Germany, isn't it? :D
    indeed, it is ;):D
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Book and CD landed in the UK via Amazon!

One word: UNBEFUCKINGLIEVABLE

Listening to Faithfull from Pistoia Soundcheck as I type this.

I love this band.
  • Options
    The book is great!!!!!!!
    Anybody who still has a problem with the "Temple Of The Dog" reunion at PJ20 here's my advice to you.
    Buy this book and read the TOTD chapter. Then you will understand how lucky we were that Chris Cornell and the rest of the band played those songs.
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    kathynek wrote:
    I just picked up the book today and found out that my friends and I are on PAGE 1. Super excited!!! You can find us in the lower right corner where the two guys who look like each other wearing white shirts (they're brothers) and I am the guy in the dark shirt with the camera standing next to them with my sister. I would post a picture but have no clue how to on this board. I think of all of the pictures that could have graced these pages and I was lucky enough to be one of those fans.
    Wow!!! Amazing,congrats!!! The first thing i thought of when i got the book was,f**k,those people are so lucky and must be so excited about the photo...! Great!!!

Oh,and i got the book yesterday and soundtrack today :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    Just found out there are going to be more showing of the film here..and tickets are still available...so if you missed out, call the theater and ask if they are adding more shows..

In re to TOTD playing..I was kinda pissed when folks around me started bitching saying 'we came to see PJ, not you' I was so stoked when I found out CC was there, and even more stoked when TOTD played, and even even more stoked when they played a Mother Love Bone song..granted it was a different frontman, but still bitchin none the less. If anyone can pull off Andy Wood's stuff it's Chris Cornell. An the folks talking down about it, it just showed they didn't know the history behind the band......or good music.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Can't wait for Tuesday!! Just ordered the tickets! :D
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    kathynekkathynek of the earth Posts: 59
    Here is a picture of me and my friends from PAGE 1 of the new PJ20 book. It was taken from the Lolla 2007 show. I was in that spot for 14+ hours. Look in the lower right hand side. God I love this band and feel so privileged to be a part of this book. Thanks Pearl Jam and here's to another 20...30...years

PJ20BookPage1-1.jpg
    PJ20BookPage1CloseUp-1.jpg
    * St. Louis, MO - 02 July 1998 * Chicago, IL - 09 Oct 2000 * St. Louis, MO - 11 Oct 2000
    * Champaign, IL - 23 April 2003 * Las Vegas, NV - 06 June 2003 * Kansas City, KS - 12 June 2003
    * Chicago, IL - 18 June 2003 * St. Louis, MO - 05 Oct 2004 * Chicago, IL - 16 May 2006
    * Milwaukee, WI - 29 June 2006 * Chicago, IL - 05 Aug 2007 * Chicago, IL - 24 Aug 2008
    * Nashville, TN - 17 June 2009 * Nashville, TN - 18 June 2009 * Chicago, IL - 23 Aug 2009
    * St. Louis, MO - 04 May 2010 * Chicago, IL - 28 June 2011 * St. Louis, MO - 01 July 2011
    * East Troy, WI - 03 Sept 2011 * East Troy, WI - 04 Sept 2011 * Chicago, IL - 19 July 2013
    * Chicago, IL - 09 July 2015  * Chicago, IL 20 Aug 2016  * Chicago, IL - 18 Aug 2018 
    * Chicago, IL - 20 Aug 2018  * 2020 NO LUCK! :(
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    The was posted on a Who message board. It relates some info about the DVD extras, I haven't seen anywhere else. Sorry if it's a re-post:
    There is a Cameron Crowe interview about Pearl Jam Twenty in Entertainment Weekly this week. I couldn't find it online. But here is the relevant Who part:

Q: Both you and Eddie Vedder are big Who fans. Elements of Pearl Jam Twenty seem to pay homage to Jeff Stein's classic Who documentary, 'The Kids Are Alright'. Was that influence intentional?

CC: Totally intentional. We wanted to do our version of 'The Kids Are Alright'. We didn't go with as much archival stuff, and we used newer interviews, too. But there's a version that's almost purely performance that we're going to put out along with the DVD of PJ20 called 'The Kids Are Twenty', which is our full-on 'Kids Are Alright' version. We loved that you could watch a movie and get the feeling of loving a band. That's always the thing that's great. Like in Scorsese's tremendous film No Direction Home, you get the feeling of bob Dylan. He starts at the roots, he gives you everything. The movie feels like a Bob Dylan experience, and that's what we wanted with PJ20.

It's a one-pager but pretty good. It's on page 59 in case you want to pick it up in a store and read it.
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    chaslil wrote:
    The was posted on a Who message board. It relates some info about the DVD extras, I haven't seen anywhere else. Sorry if it's a re-post:
    There is a Cameron Crowe interview about Pearl Jam Twenty in Entertainment Weekly this week. I couldn't find it online. But here is the relevant Who part:

Q: Both you and Eddie Vedder are big Who fans. Elements of Pearl Jam Twenty seem to pay homage to Jeff Stein's classic Who documentary, 'The Kids Are Alright'. Was that influence intentional?

CC: Totally intentional. We wanted to do our version of 'The Kids Are Alright'. We didn't go with as much archival stuff, and we used newer interviews, too. But there's a version that's almost purely performance that we're going to put out along with the DVD of PJ20 called 'The Kids Are Twenty', which is our full-on 'Kids Are Alright' version. We loved that you could watch a movie and get the feeling of loving a band. That's always the thing that's great. Like in Scorsese's tremendous film No Direction Home, you get the feeling of bob Dylan. He starts at the roots, he gives you everything. The movie feels like a Bob Dylan experience, and that's what we wanted with PJ20.

It's a one-pager but pretty good. It's on page 59 in case you want to pick it up in a store and read it.

I don't know if this is repost as well, but here it is:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cameron-crowe-on-pearl-jam-twenty-we-went-about-as-personal-as-we-could-get-20110914
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    IrishGuy wrote:
    I got the soundtrack in the shops today. :D
    Its already in the CD player in the car. Can't wait to drive home after work.

Same here!!! :D
    And the book arrived on Wednesday!!! Now I'm patiently waiting for tuesday... ;)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 275
    Not For You is awesome on this album
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    Got the PJ-20 book last week.
    Absolutely fantastic!

This is the best Pearl Jam release since Yield.
    So much information, pictures and interesting stuff in this book, simply amazing.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,461
    DVD available for pre-order at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LL ... 453&sr=1-3
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,725
    igotid88 wrote:
    DVD available for pre-order at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LL ... 453&sr=1-3

oct 24th?? thats pretty close by :D
  • Options
    Hi all,

I've listened to the soundtrack today (great bookends to a shitty day) and have done track by track reviews for the hell of it for my website. Feel free to point out stupid errors or illformed opinions, but remember that my heart was in the right place :D

http://www.newadventuresinhifi.com/2011 ... -by-track/

cheers
    James
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Got the soundtrack today and listening now. I think I may have to retract my statement saying "Black" from LO2L is the best; the unplugged version may top it.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the soundtrack. I get the meaning behind putting less than stellar(high quality sounding) versions of earlier songs on the discs. But where is the middle part of the bands career at? I would have like to have heard some No Code,Riot Act,Avacado,etc. Two versions of Nothing? I'd give the CD 3 stars. I'm sure the film will be great. Just wish that some of the under appreciated albums(songs) were represented. Inside Job would have been a nice addition. The book is exponentially better than the soundtrack. Put rotate on your disc player and put in Avacado,Riot,No Code,Binaural,etc. on at read,look at the book.
  • Options
    mickcasey wrote:
    Two versions of Nothing?

yeah i thought it was odd to have two versions of NAIS on there one after the other. might not have been so bad if the demo was on disc 2 and the live version was disc 1.

i listened to the soundtrack once and doubt it will get may more spins, unless a track or two come up in shuffle.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    soopsoop Posts: 191
    Just listened to disc 1. I can't imagine I'll ever be compelled to listen to it again.
    Here's hoping disc 2 is better...
  • Options
    what a great day!

got my PJ Twenty book in the mail today (which is even more amazing than i hoped!) and going to see the film tonight!!

oh yeah, and ordered my deluxe DVD!

life is good :D
    love is all good people need....and music sets the sick ones free...
  • Options
    soopsoop Posts: 191
    soop wrote:
    Just listened to disc 1. I can't imagine I'll ever be compelled to listen to it again.
    Here's hoping disc 2 is better...

Ok, disc 2 is MUCH better...
  • Options
    mickcasey wrote:
    Two versions of Nothing?

yeah i thought it was odd to have two versions of NAIS on there one after the other. might not have been so bad if the demo was on disc 2 and the live version was disc 1.

i listened to the soundtrack once and doubt it will get may more spins, unless a track or two come up in shuffle.

Speaking as someone who has not yet seen the film, I'm assuming they'll play the first one and segue into the second one accompanied by relevant footage. I'm sure Mr. Crowe did it for a reason :)
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09