Options

Pearl Jam Twenty - Film Book Soundtrack

Comments

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Got the book this evening. A birthday present from the wife. Looks amazing.

Can't believe how many threads are popping about the dvd/bluray being sold out and now how many people want it but didn't get it.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    PearlLucyPearlLucy Posts: 492
    Just wanted to share I got the book Monday Oct, 10 and although I haven't had time to finish reading it... I'm simply loving it...It was really worth waiting for.

I could have bought it straight from local stores here but despite knowing how much longer it would take for me to actually HAVE it, it was very important for me to order it directly from 10c, I don't know, it would make it even more special.. go ahead call me silly...

Thanks 10C, Thanks my favoriteST band! :D
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:
    Just wanted to share I got the book Monday Oct, 10 and although I haven't had time to finish reading it... I'm simply loving it...It was really worth waiting for.

I could have bought it straight from local stores here but despite knowing how much longer it would take for me to actually HAVE it, it was very important for me to order it directly from 10c, I don't know, it would make it even more special.. go ahead call me silly...

Got my book from 10c too, a couple of weeks ago - read the first 300 pages in 3 days and took my time finishing the last part, finished it last week. Will read it again on holidays in 2 weeks. A great read.

Call me silly too - I order most of my goods from 10c, not only to support the club and band, but it also gives me more time to save to pay off the credit card, and it generally takes ages for the goods to arrive, so it's like a gift to myself but I have to have patience. Still waiting for the CD soundtrack.............and then comes the DVD 8-)
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    PearlLucy wrote:

Got my book from 10c too, a couple of weeks ago - read the first 300 pages in 3 days and took my time finishing the last part, finished it last week. Will read it again on holidays in 2 weeks. A great read.

Call me silly too - I order most of my goods from 10c, not only to support the club and band, but it also gives me more time to save to pay off the credit card, and it generally takes ages for the goods to arrive, so it's like a gift to myself but I have to have patience. Still waiting for the CD soundtrack.............and then comes the DVD 8-)

Same here..after book comes CD soundtrack...then (Deep magazine and vinyl - possibly) and then the DVD...not only gives me more time to pay off CC but also more time to like enjoy each one of them slowly..pure fan pleasure.. :D
  • Options
    Should have ordered it when I was here a few weeks ago.... Then the life has gotten busy, and now, the DVD is gone!! No more special DVD sets??
  • Options
    The book is so sick. I am completely hooked. An in-depth book of Pearl Jam breaking down every major day in their 20 year history.
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw. Delivered him wings, "Hey, look at me now"

Lollapalooza Grant Park,Chicago,IL August 5,2007
    PJ20 Alpine Valley,East Troy,WI September 3,2011
  • Options
    CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    edited October 2011
    I don't think this is accurate at all but even at this total it's pretty great for a documentary shown at a few select theaters with a very limited run.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=pearljamtwenty.htm
    Post edited by Callaway on
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I have to say thank you to the band and everyone involved in the movie. I finally watched the movie last night on demand. I was trying to wait until PBS or when I got the dvd but I couldn't. I watched it by muself, my wife wasn't too happy. What a great film and 20 years. I'm gratefull I was a part of the ride even though it was miniscule. I had to show my kids some of it this morning and couldn't stop talking about it. It was like I was a little kid. Thanks rock on
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    supadupasupadupa Chicago Posts: 377
    I watched it on demand this past weekend. It certainly brought back some memories (I was 13 when Ten was released, yikes). I'll definitely be putting the DVD on my Christmas list.
  • Options
    the book is incredible! i saw the movie on the big screen, but i want it on dvd. HOWEVER, i had to wait until i had the money for it -- and now that i have the money, it's SOLD OUT! WTF?!? please make more copies available soon. i will be a very disappointed fan if i cannot get this.
    wrigley 2 08-22-16
    wrigley 1 08-20-16
    jacksonville 04-13-16
    tampa 04-11-16
    miami 04-09-16
    fort lauderdale 04-08-16
    denver 10-22-14
    oakland 11-26-13
    los angeles 11-24-13
    los angeles 11-23-13
    san diego 11-21-13
    glendale (phoenix) 11-19-13
    san diego 10-09-09
    universal city 10-07-09
    universal city 10-06-09
    san diego 07-07-06
    san diego 11-07-95
  • Options
    Just got an e-mail from ten club saying the blu-ray is delayed!
  • Options
    turtlexturtlex Posts: 10
    Quick question on the Pearl Jam Twenty book.... anyone know if it's still a First Edition / First Printing? I mean, I just ordered a copy from B&N, and was sort of wondering ...

( First Edition / First Printing / Full Line Number ) .... ?

( guide here - http://www.travelinlibrarian.info/writi ... ions/#prfa )

I collect books, as well as Pearl Jam stuff ... so was just wondering what folks are getting?!

Thanks in advance.
    I.Am.Mine.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    peachjam wrote:
    Was out of range and missed buying PJ20 dvd! Please say more will be available to us who occasionally disconnect from civilization...

You should sign here if u missed out :)
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490&start=435
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Paige-Roo wrote:
    Should have ordered it when I was here a few weeks ago.... Then the life has gotten busy, and now, the DVD is gone!! No more special DVD sets??
    U should sign here if u missed out on the dvd

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173490&start=435
  • Options
    whats the name of the song playing, when they are playing football in the hotel room in PJ Twenty?
    i wish i was the verb to trust, and never let you down
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Thumbing my way on the soundtrack... Wow.. I'm nit sure I've heard a better version of it ever. It's beautiful.

Walk with me is mind-blowing!!

Not for you, mikes been listening to Marquee moon it seems.. Amazing version.

This soundtrack is great.
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Thumbing my way on the soundtrack... Wow.. I'm nit sure I've heard a better version of it ever. It's beautiful.

Walk with me is mind-blowing!!

Not for you, mikes been listening to Marquee moon it seems.. Amazing version.

This soundtrack is great.

Walk with me is great. I loved Nothing as it seems (live version) as well...the guitar solo is like heaven.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    rustyrrustyr Posts: 138
    Just saw that Best Buy has the exclusive on the Blu-Ray DVD, out tomorrow. Not the same awesome deluxe one via 10c, but Blu-Ray none the less!
    9/4/00, 7/1/03, 7/12/03, 5/30/06, 8/5/07, 10/28/09, 5/13/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:

And Friday, Oct 21 I got the soundtrack...but only had time to open it and actually enjoy it today...Oh my ...I am so happy right now...can't believe I'm seeing them in less than 2 weeks...this is the happiest year of my life!

Thanks 10c, Thanks PJ! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:
    PearlLucy wrote:

And Friday, Oct 21 I got the soundtrack...but only had time to open it and actually enjoy it today...Oh my ...I am so happy right now...can't believe I'm seeing them in less than 2 weeks...this is the happiest year of my life!

Thanks 10c, Thanks PJ! :D:D:D:D:D

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: and so happy for you to be seeing them.

How happy does this mighty band make us feel? Oh, you ALL know the answer to that one :D:D:D
  • Options
    Just finished reading the book, I found one mistake while reading the 2009 section of the book. The little writeup for the august 11 show says that brother made it's live return that night, but it actually returned 3 nights earlier at the Calgary show.
    Shows Attended:
    10/05/00 Toronto, 09/13/05 Hamilton, 09/19/05 Toronto,
    05/09/06 Toronto, 05/10/06 Toronto, 08/12/08 Toronto EV,
    08/13/08 Toronto EV, 08/21/09 Toronto, 05/10/10 Buffalo
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Bought the book today - after Myra's encouragement. Looks good! I don't really buy much online, and hadn't thought to look on my high street for this - but there it was! Great to see Pearl Jam featuring prominently out in the world in Britain this year...... Looking forward to reading.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    I was going to email 10C last night to ask them about my PJ20 book. I had the shipping email a while ago but no sign of the book.

It turns out that it arrived a couple of weeks back - my wife has wrapped it up as a birthday present for me and I'm not allowed to look at it for another couple of weeks :shock:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    I was going to email 10C last night to ask them about my PJ20 book. I had the shipping email a while ago but no sign of the book.

It turns out that it arrived a couple of weeks back - my wife has wrapped it up as a birthday present for me and I'm not allowed to look at it for another couple of weeks :shock:

Oh you poor man...the waiting must be excruciating...I couldn't do it, that's for sure. What extraordinary patience you must have!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Stone comes across really well in this documentary.

This is Stone's movie. 8-)
  • Options
    JL45814JL45814 San Diego Posts: 8
    ANyone gotten their 10c Blu Ray yet?
  • Options
    JL45814JL45814 San Diego Posts: 8
    Still waiting.....
  • Options
    Anyone else experienced some problems with the PJ20 dvd? Around 60 min. into the movie it freezes and I have to skip several chapters to get it going again. A handfull of my buddies have the same problem... And I have tried it on different machines, same shit. Well even with a production problem it still is the best Music/band/documentary I have ever seen. How can it be any different with the best band in the world. Peace Out.
  • Options
    AutumnAudioAutumnAudio Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Love reading all these reviews.
    Post edited by AutumnAudio on
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    if you live in the Toronto area, you can borrow the book and DVD from the Toronto Public Library (there's many copies available and you can put a hold on a copy and get it sent to branch nearest to you):

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/deta ... &R=2748903
    http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/deta ... &R=2813577
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)