Options

Pearl Jam Twenty - Film Book Soundtrack

Comments

• Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    I saw the PJ20 Film at the movie theater today. It ended nearly two hours ago and it was really great! Thank you Pearl Jam and Cameron Crowe for this amazing documentary.

I haven't bought the cd yet (I noticed it's out of stock in the Goods store) as I'm waiting for the vinyl... Now I have to save money for the vinyl, the Blue-ray box and a blue-ray player...
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    Just arrived home after seeing the film. I loved it, and I wish I could thank whoever decided to show it in a small Finnish town where only 15 people went to see it. We all appreciated the opportunity. Just another sign that PJ really care about their fans.
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    My soundtrack arrived yesterday, played it through headphones at work today and it was a pretty good listen. The acoustic track everyone has been raving about is really nice, some great instrumental stuff too and I've heard some of the tracks on boots already but it has me very intrigued now for the movie which I have to wait until October for. My book came today and it looks awesome! Can't wait to get into it properly...

PLEASE PLAY SCOTLAND 2012.....
    :mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to the ten club for getting my soundtrack to me via snail mail on the set release date. I've been burned in the past by this scenario, but wanted to the physical cd so went ahead with the order. I appreciate the professionalism here. Looking forward to the film.
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Just came home from watching the movie. It's really hard to sit still when watching PJ live footage :lol:
    I felt old at first when I realised I've known (and loved) some of these songs for 20 years (which was about the age of the guy sitting next to me), but the music didn't get old so maybe I didn't either...
    I spent most of the movie grinning stupidly or with goosebumps all over and there were a few good laughs in there as well.

Before the show I mentioned to my sister that my membership was up for renewal next week and I was trying to decide weather to go analog or digital and earned a 'Who are you kidding?', so I went for analog right after coming home :D

Also, the most impressive collection of different PJ T-Shirts I've ever seen outside an acutual Pearl Jam gig.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Soundtrack should be with me in a couple of days... looking forward to it now I've seen the movie.
    Just like Sonja_S, it really struck me it's 19-20 years since I first heard them, and I also had goosebumps at many points during the movie.

Bizarre coincidence I've also just renewed my sub with Analog!
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I loved the movie. As someone who's just recently grown from a casual listener to an actual fan, there were a lot of interesting and new things for me in it. And I also really liked the way it was structured, how the story was told, very fascinating.

Now I want to see them live even more.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    has everyone received their soundtrack because I haven't but I got the confirmation email
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Listening to the Soundtrack right know. Hell, it's got quite a few gems (Walk with me, Acoustic #1, Jeff's take on NAIS, acoustic GTF, Let Me Sleep from Verona).

Film - mindblowing. Watched it in Wrocław, the crowd was awesome - it was nice to have the feeling of sharing this experience with so many fans. The film itself was THE thing. I'm not gonna spoil it with too many words. I shed a few tears and I don't do that in cinemas at all.
    Chorzów 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010
    AMSTERDAM 2012, BERLIN 2012 !!!
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The movie was fantastic! I can't wait for the Deluxe Blu-ray set.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    The film was (is) great!!
    I saw it in a sold out cinema, with near 20 pearljammerspt!

Some emotional parts, some funny ones, some nostalgic moments, some stories!

I love this band, this is a part of my life!

Thanks
    Spin, Spin!!
    Spin The Black Circle!!

Viva la Vinyl
  • Options
    Wow, that was great. It was really neat to hear people singing along, laughing, and the moments where you could hear a pin drop. So representative of the band, the experience and the fans. And we got to finally see Eddie's fire pole! (don't twist that around) :oops:
  • Options
    I loved the Singles footage. It was great to see the band freak like that.
  • Options
    KH453KH453 Posts: 18
    Just gave disc two of the soundtrack a spin - the track listing seemed more intriguing than disc one. Gotta say that this compilation does not disappoint. As someone else pointed out in an earlier post, Acoustic #2, Jeff's NCIS demo, acoustic Given To Fly - wow. Just... wow. And, the NCIS demo flowing right into a full-band live take kinda takes the track from birth to full-grown...

As for the film screenings- it's a little frustrating that there was no venue in NC. Especially when there's a screening in a small town in Finland where only 15 people attended. Any of a number of theaters in Raleigh (the Rialto), Durham (Carolina Theater) or Chapel Hill (Varsity) would have been packed - there would have been pre-parties, etc., etc. Nothing against the folks at who enjoyed that Finnish showing or against their town or those making the decisions on where to screen the film. But, I have to say that we in the Southeast are feeling a little on the outside these days. I love traveling for shows, but it would be nice to have something - even just a screening of the film - close to home at some point.

With that said, I'll always stand by this band. This PJ20 project has been an awesome experience, and the festival was unforgettable. All of it - a worthy benchmark. Congratulations.

** Amendment: I decided to double check on the no-NC venue thing... turns out there was a screening in Winston-Salem... pretty tough for anyone from the Triangle or Charlotte to make it to W-S on a school night... however, I was wrong - there was an NC venue after all **
  • Options
    Drove from Albuquerque to Santa Fe, NM to see the PJ20 film. Was definetly worth the little road trip. The part of the film when they become a band 'til Vitalogy is pretty intense. Some funny parts as well. Stone's Grammy in the basement was hilarious. Felt like Crow captures the personality of each band member. (Not much Boom though). Overall, a great film.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    Soundtrack should be with me in a couple of days... looking forward to it now I've seen the movie.
    Just like Sonja_S, it really struck me it's 19-20 years since I first heard them, and I also had goosebumps at many points during the movie.

Bizarre coincidence I've also just renewed my sub with Analog!

Hehe, we're PJ20 twins ;)

I'm pretty anal about membership renewal since I effed it up royally before it was so easy to renew via internet and dropped to a 400xxx number :cry:
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Hah, I did the same too... dropped into 44xxxx territory!
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    Hah, I did the same too... dropped into 44xxxx territory!

smiley1.gif
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    If you can only afford to buy either the book or the soundtrack at this time, what would people suggest thus far?
  • Options
    marcos wrote:
    If you can only afford to buy either the book or the soundtrack at this time, what would people suggest thus far?
    Definitely the book!
    It's a fantastic, could not be any better.
  • Options
    I asked for a poster of PJ20 at the theatre last week. They put my name down. Yesterday they told me they didn't receive any posters. But the theatre called today and told me they received the soundtrack and said I could pick it up for free.

It is awesome.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    marcos wrote:
    Definitely the book!
    It's a fantastic, could not be any better.

Yeah, I just went to Target to look at it, and it's completely irresistible. Though I came home and ordered it from amazon as it was only 22.00 and I was ordering something else from them anyway, thus qualified for the free shipping. It's a monster, like an encyclopedia, can't wait to read & carry it around like my bible :D
  • Options
    I inteded on logging in to ask if the book was in any retail stores yet... and I see someone saw it in Target... any others??
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar...
    Here's my Church, I Sing in the Choir.

8/12/1992 Stanhope, NJ
    9/8/1998 East Rutherford, NJ
    9/2/2000 Camden, NJ
    9/28/2004 Boston, Ma
    6/24/2008 New York, NY
    5/15/2010 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,986
    marcos wrote:

The book.
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    edited September 2011
    Can't wait for the DVD! The movie is great.
    Post edited by PJSEMPRE on
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    reading the book slowly ... what's been cool so far is finding out the meaning of some usernames on here! ... haha
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    reading the book slowly ... what's been cool so far is finding out the meaning of some usernames on here! ... haha

:wave:
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    I really like the goodies in the soundtrack...I can't stop listening to "Acoustic #1 Demo" song. Eddie and stone creating music is simply amazing! Jeff's Demo of NAIS is dark and pink floyd-ish...really like it. Experincing NAIS live is always a favorite of mine. Awesome job Cameron Crowe! ;)
  • Options
    I want to watch the movie NOW. I've pre-ordered the 3-DVD set, just wish there were somewhere to watch it now. I feel as if I'm the only person here who hasn't seen it.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Found the book at barnes and noble....read the stuff on the albums, skimmed the rest....just seemed like one big time line. For free it wasnt a bad coffee read....i may flip thru it again on my next coffee sunday. Dont think i will purchase.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg