Options

Pearl Jam Twenty - Film Book Soundtrack

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    FrankY59 wrote:
    I read that starting Sept 23rd...SELECT theatres will show the movie for one week only...any news on what theatres?!?!
    Check out http://www.pj20.com/screenings/! :)
    Main Art Theatre, Detroit?

Oops! Those are just the one off screenings, I guess. Sorry!
  • Options
    gonebdggonebdg Posts: 4
    :cry::cry::cry:

I didn't see Indonesia in the list of screening

:cry::cry::cry:
    i am mine
  • Options
    moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    ***Release date of September 20

Pearl Jam Twenty (Disc One)

'Release'
    'Alive'
    'Garden'
    'Why Go'
    'Black'
    'Blood'
    'Last Exit'
    'Not For You'
    'Do The Evolution'
    'Thumbing My Way'
    'Crown Of Thorns'
    'Let Me Sleep'
    'Walk With Me'
    'Just Breathe'

Disc Two (Rarities and Inspiration)

'Say Hello 2 Heaven'
    'Times Of Trouble'
    'Acoustic #1'
    'It Ain’t Like That'
    'Need To Know'
    'Be Like Wind'
    'Given To Fly'
    'Nothing As It Seems' (Demo version)
    'Nothing As It Seems' (Live version)
    'Indifference'
    'Of The Girl'
    'Faithfull'
    'Bu$hleaguer'
    'Better Man'
    'Rearviewmirror'
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Pearl Jam 20" soundtrack track listing:

Disc One
    “Release” Verona, Italy
    “Alive” Seattle
    “Garden” Zurich, Switzerland
    “Why Go” Hamburg, Germany
    “Black” MTV Unplugged
    “Blood” Auckland, New Zealand
    “Last Exit” Taipei, Taiwan
    “Not For You” Manila, Philippines
    “Do the Evolution” Monkeywrench Radio
    “Thumbing My Way” Seattle
    “Crown of Thorns” Las Vegas
    “Let Me Sleep” - (Christmas Time) Verona, Italy
    “Walk With Me” - Mountain View, Calif.
    “Just Breathe" - "Saturday Night Live"

Disc Two
    “Say Hello 2 Heaven” - Demo
    “Times of Trouble” - Demo
    “Acoustic #1” - Demo
    “It Ain’t Like That” - Demo
    “Need to Know” - Demo
    “Be Like Wind” - Demo
    “Given to Fly” - Instrumental
    “Nothing as It Seems” - Demo
    “Nothing as It Seems” - Seattle
    “Indifference” - Bologna, Italy
    “Of the Girl” - Instrumental
    “Faithfull” - Pistoia, Italy
    “Bu$hleaguer” - Uniondale, N.Y.
    “Betterman” - New York
    “Rearviewmirror” - Los Angeles
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    PJAM 10PJAM 10 Posts: 13
    I just thought i would share a few thoughts on the movie without giving away any specific moments or details. I saw it last week at a media screening.Being a massive PJ fan like all of you I know I'm extremely bias but here it goes! Its frickin amazing! Cameron Crowe did an incredible job chronicling the evolution from Green River all the way to present day PJ. Some of the footage was purely amazing. It really allows you to see exactly how the band and specifically each individual member had come into their own and grown as musicians and individuals. Being a high school kid from 91-94, the movie brought back so many memories and first time moments as a fan and as a kid growing up. At the end of the 2 hours you are definitely satisfied but yearning for more. I could've watched all 1,200 hours. Hopefully the DVD will have hours of unseen footage on it. A great thing about this movie is that it is so well made (you definitely feel Crowe's passion and love for PJ and Seattle) that you don't even need to be a PJ fan to enjoy it. I was talking to a friend in the media after the screening who really isn't a'PJ fan ( only knows the hits) and he thought it was great! I can't wait to see it again!

See you all in Wisconsin!
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    PJAM 10 wrote:
    I just thought i would share a few thoughts on the movie without giving away any specific moments or details. I saw it last week at a media screening.Being a massive PJ fan like all of you I know I'm extremely bias but here it goes! Its frickin amazing! Cameron Crowe did an incredible job chronicling the evolution from Green River all the way to present day PJ. Some of the footage was purely amazing. It really allows you to see exactly how the band and specifically each individual member had come into their own and grown as musicians and individuals. Being a high school kid from 91-94, the movie brought back so many memories and first time moments as a fan and as a kid growing up. At the end of the 2 hours you are definitely satisfied but yearning for more. I could've watched all 1,200 hours. Hopefully the DVD will have hours of unseen footage on it. A great thing about this movie is that it is so well made (you definitely feel Crowe's passion and love for PJ and Seattle) that you don't even need to be a PJ fan to enjoy it. I was talking to a friend in the media after the screening who really isn't a'PJ fan ( only knows the hits) and he thought it was great! I can't wait to see it again!

Without getting too specific, but are also the more sensitive topics included in this movie or is the focus on the music and albums? With sensitive topics I mean: the band internal turmoil and politics, Ticketmaster, the early drug use of Mike, the different drummers, Roskilde etc. etc. etc. I guess what I want to know is: when you finish watching the movie do you have the feeling that you get a better sense of the band as an entity?
  • Options
    eladdereladder Posts: 414
    PJAM 10 wrote:

I was one of the lucky ones too and I agree 100 percent w your post!
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Options
    I think it captures everything. Everything you wrote about (mike, drummers, Denmark, tmaster) is covered. You gain a better sense of where they were at different times and how they still exist and thrive. I can't wait to see it in a theatre w other pj fans! The energy will be amazing. Crowe did an amazing job w Andy wood too. So wonderful. Can't believe it's NOT a movie and it's real.
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    eladder wrote:
    I think it captures everything. Everything you wrote about (mike, drummers, Denmark, tmaster) is covered. You gain a better sense of where they were at different times and how they still exist and thrive. I can't wait to see it in a theatre w other pj fans! The energy will be amazing. Crowe did an amazing job w Andy wood too. So wonderful. Can't believe it's NOT a movie and it's real.

In that sense, I can't wait!!!! I can't be there in PJ20, but I am really looking forward to this movie... Thanks for the reply btw...
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    my Examiner article on PJ20 below:

http://www.examiner.com/music-in-winsto ... -rock-band
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Nice job!
  • Options
    chidoonechidoone Posts: 327
    Booked my ticket for the screening at Westfield in London, can't wait to be there, also orders the PJ20 book and Soundtrack !!
  • Options
    pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    AzWicker wrote:

Disc One
    “Release” Verona, Italy
    “Alive” Seattle
    “Black” MTV Unplugged

Disc Two
    “Acoustic #1” - Demo
    “Need to Know” - Demo
    “Be Like Wind” - Demo
    “Betterman” - New York

Is the actual track listing or are you making shit up???
    Nothing from Pearl Jam, and only one track from Riot Act, Binaural, No Code. Can't be.
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    pazman wrote:
    AzWicker wrote:

Disc One
    “Release” Verona, Italy
    “Alive” Seattle
    “Black” MTV Unplugged

Disc Two
    “Acoustic #1” - Demo
    “Need to Know” - Demo
    “Be Like Wind” - Demo
    “Betterman” - New York

Is the actual track listing or are you making shit up???
    Nothing from Pearl Jam, and only one track from Riot Act, Binaural, No Code. Can't be.
    Actual listing.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 116
    Twenty Soundtrack in limited Edition ?

Amazon.uk
  • Options
    I saw a pre-screening of the Pearl Jam 20 movie last week at Sony Records and it was F-ing awesome!!! I won't spoil it for anyone but the old footage they dug up is great. They dug deep for some of that footage. The live performance stuff is great too. Eddie and the guys look hilarious in some of the footage. Looking back it's amazing Eddie is still alive after some of those backwards leaps into the crowd from the lighting rigs. I can't wait to see it again.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    JO171186 wrote:
    I saw a pre-screening of the Pearl Jam 20 movie last week at Sony Records and it was F-ing awesome!!! I won't spoil it for anyone but the old footage they dug up is great. They dug deep for some of that footage. The live performance stuff is great too. Eddie and the guys look hilarious in some of the footage. Looking back it's amazing Eddie is still alive after some of those backwards leaps into the crowd from the lighting rigs. I can't wait to see it again.

Any recording studio sessions?
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    edited September 2011
    I got Photos sent today of the soundtrack on an advance promo :)

Looking forward to hearing the demos later!!

Come on amazon
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I got the soundtrack today on an advance promo :)

Looking forward to hearing the demos later

What? Who? Where? Why? How? :shock: :shock: :shock:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    DevonPearlDevonPearl Posts: 284
    retro wrote:

Amazon.uk

What's inside?
  • Options
    MikeG86MikeG86 Posts: 22
    retro wrote:

Amazon.uk
    I wonder what this is. I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet but if there's something that the UK is getting that we aren't in the States I'd gladly import it.
  • Options
    MikeG86 wrote:
    retro wrote:

Amazon.uk
    I wonder what this is. I haven't pre-ordered my copy yet but if there's something that the UK is getting that we aren't in the States I'd gladly import it.

Calm yourself down people! There wouldn't be a limited edition without the tenclub informing us... or... oh... wait...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
    I wonder if the PJ Twenty Book & Soundtrack CD's will be available for purchase @ the Toronto Film Festival store that week.
  • Options
    ill be there. if i see anything ill post and ill gobble up some and send out to impatient jammers.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    I'm real pumped for the inclusion of "Do The Evolution" from Monkeywrench Radio on the soundtrack. That's one of the few live performances of it that is kinda true to the studio version and I can't wait to hear a mastered version of it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

So that's how you get all these promos. You're working for Sony UK? Sweet man. :)
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    Also, why would anybody by this stuff from this website? The book is $35 and the soundtrack is $20 here on pearljam.com but the book is $22 and the soundtrack is $17 on Amazon.com.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    edited September 2011
    demetrios wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

So that's how you get all these promos. You're working for Sony UK? Sweet man. :)

ha ha D, sadly not ;)

My reviewer told me' this;-

Gotta say on first few listens this is an amazing album.

a few thoughts

Garden and why go sound like they were recorded on a mobile phone - but i bet the film bring them to life.

Black is just amazing, vedders vocals on DTE and NFY are immense....

and on Disc 2 - the demos are amazing...NAIS is a particular piece of brilliance with the variant vocals, and GTF is amazing too.....

all in all a thoroughly enjoyable album indeed
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Maybe its the vinyl?
    Cameron Crowe's site says
    The soundtrack features 29 songs spread over two CD’s when it’s released on September 20, 2011. A vinyl version is also forthcoming. Disc one is dedicated to songs featured in the film, while disc 2 focuses on demos and rarities. The soundtrack was curated by Cameron and will feature his liner notes and track by track thoughts.
    http://www.theuncool.com/2011/08/18/pj2 ... cklisting/
  • Options
    arakias wrote:
    Maybe its the vinyl?
    Cameron Crowe's site says
    The soundtrack features 29 songs spread over two CD’s when it’s released on September 20, 2011. A vinyl version is also forthcoming. Disc one is dedicated to songs featured in the film, while disc 2 focuses on demos and rarities. The soundtrack was curated by Cameron and will feature his liner notes and track by track thoughts.
    http://www.theuncool.com/2011/08/18/pj2 ... cklisting/

Hopefully the vinyl be available for preorder here @ the 10club good store.