Options

Pearl Jam Twenty - Film Book Soundtrack

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,991
    if you live in the Toronto area, you can borrow the book and DVD from the Toronto Public Library (there's many copies available and you can put a hold on a copy and get it sent to branch nearest to you):

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/deta ... &R=2748903
    http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/deta ... &R=2813577

That's pretty cool. I haven't visited my local Halifax Public Library since back when I attended SMU. And that was a long time ago!!! :shock:
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    My kids saw the part where Ed slides down the fireman's pole. Now my two boys, aged 8 & 9, want one in our house too......
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    PJ20 broadcasting on BBC 4 tonight in the UK at 9.

Super excited to see it again.

It'll tide me over until the DVD arrives
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Jun 01, 2000
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Aug 23, 2006
    London, England, Wembley Arena, Jun 18, 2007
    London, UK, O2 Arena, Aug 18, 2009
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 20, 2012
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 21, 2012
    Leeds, First Direct Arena, July 8, 2014

Eddie
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 30 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 31 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, June 7, 2017

No need to be void,... or save up on life... You got to spend it all.....
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I bought the PJ20 dvd yesterday (just the regular version) and I loved watching the extras on there. The extra footage with the tour of Ed's house was very cool!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Greetings :wave:

Saw Pearl Jam in September in Hamilton, Ontario....what a great show that was!
    I loved reading the book & saw the documentary a week after the concert. Now, I am waiting...very patiently for the dvd to arrive.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

I loved reading the book & saw the documentary a week after the concert. Now, I am waiting...very patiently for the dvd to arrive.

I can't wait for the next installment of this saga. :P
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Halfway thru the book..got it at Costco on Saturday...couldn't put it down & then it kept me awake all night. Really amazing story & how lucky are we there is a Cameron Crowe?
  • Options
    I am loving the DVD's. I want to play at Ed's house!!! How cool is that! Looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book. :lol:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

I can't wait for the next installment of this saga. :P

Rivetting, isn't it? ;)
  • Options
    i didn´'t bought the delux dvd on time :cry:. Can some one tell me if it's going to be for sale again? Pleeeeeaaaaase tell me yes!!!
  • Options
    CarlaCosta wrote:
    i didn´'t bought the delux dvd on time :cry:. Can some one tell me if it's going to be for sale again? Pleeeeeaaaaase tell me yes!!!

There is a petition link you can put your name on..."petition for 10c to restock..." I'm on it so you can find it thru my posts if you like..its not looking too good but you never know...I'm an eternal optomist & will be patient....so many are really angry & someone mentioned they know they made a mistake in not issuing enough. Hope this helps....peace 8-)
  • Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    loved the book.

i made it last as long as i could by not continuing until i'd listened to the album i'd just read about.

this meant i listened to binaural while swimming (waterproof ipod) and discovered it sounds so much better underwater ! i haven't listened to that album for a long time. same for temple of the dog... that album just sounds so great still. so thanks to the pj20 book i got to revisit all of the albums, in order, which was a cool thing to do.

it's a great book, fascinating for fans but probably too dry for your general music fan to bother with . so i still wish they'd gotten gina arnold to write it.

dave grohl has the best quotes:

ed's ticklish?

relieved to find out something that i didn't already know.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    Received by Blu ray set last week, I've already seen the film so I plunged into The Kids At Twenty, watched just over an hour, WOW! some incredible performances in their, looking forward to seeing the rest of the package, congrats to those involved a wonderful package.

I feel sorry for those who didn't get in soon enough, some fuckers are already looking to make a killing on Ebay, prices are in the $200 bracket, unfortunately by making them ltd the band themselves encourage this, I remember how pissed off I was I couldn't get hold of Binaural or Into The Wild vinyl without shelling out ££££.

Thankfully I required, Binaural through a kind board member and ITTW through its recent reissue, just glad I ordered the 20 set when I did, I wouldn't hold my breath on any more been made available though.
  • Options
    Halfway thru the book..got it at Costco on Saturday...couldn't put it down & then it kept me awake all night. Really amazing story & how lucky are we there is a Cameron Crowe?

amen! the book was great and I've watched the documentary countless times already and it hasn't stopped giving me the chills at certain parts. i just wish i could've seen it in chicago!
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    to Jeff, Stone, Ed, Mike and Matt, and Kelly too, THANK YOU!, for keeping it real for the first twenty years! and can't wait for the next twenty! and Thanks to Cameron, Jonathan and Mark (and all involved) for the DVD and Book. Peace and Luv to all!!
    Later, Lolly
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    knitted wrote:
    loved the book.

i made it last as long as i could by not continuing until i'd listened to the album i'd just read about.

this meant i listened to binaural while swimming (waterproof ipod) and discovered it sounds so much better underwater ! i haven't listened to that album for a long time. same for temple of the dog... that album just sounds so great still. so thanks to the pj20 book i got to revisit all of the albums, in order, which was a cool thing to do.

it's a great book, fascinating for fans but probably too dry for your general music fan to bother with . so i still wish they'd gotten gina arnold to write it.

dave grohl has the best quotes:

ed's ticklish?

relieved to find out something that i didn't already know.

I so have to buy that ipod.
  • Options
    what's up with not mentioning Mr Gaspar at all in the movie? he's only been up there on stage for a decade now...not worthy of the PJ20 movie?
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    what's up with not mentioning Mr Gaspar at all in the movie? he's only been up there on stage for a decade now...not worthy of the PJ20 movie?
    Special features
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Special features

no, boom isnt a special feature, he is part of the band. :P
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    boom isnt a special feature, he is part of the band. :P
    Well, he's technically not.

He doesn't play on Backspacer and isn't an official member of the band - still just a touring member.

http://www.pearljam.com/content/band
  • Options
    Crazy Mary, Honolulu, 2006

after seeing that, to me, hes in the fucking band.
  • Options
    I just saw PJ 20. The film brought me back to my teens. It was awesome. I am looking forward to another 20 years.
  • Options
    Maybe it has been asked before, but I can't understand why is there no No Code on the dvd's?
    They skipped it pretty much in the PJ20 movie and The Kids Are Twenty had ZERO No Code songs. Makes me really sad and puzzled. And I know I'm not the only one.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    over50fan wrote:
    to Jeff, Stone, Ed, Mike and Matt, and Kelly too, THANK YOU!, for keeping it real for the first twenty years! and can't wait for the next twenty! and Thanks to Cameron, Jonathan and Mark (and all involved) for the DVD and Book. Peace and Luv to all!!

Now THAT'S a first post (congrats)...Oh to have another 20 would be just incredible 8-) Here's wishing and hoping! :) ... me too over 50...can still remember how devastated I felt when the mop-tops split at age 14...this the only other band I feel so strongly about, correction...more strongly about...feel so priveliged to have 20+ already!
  • Options
    The Oracle wrote:
    over50fan wrote:

Now THAT'S a first post (congrats)...Oh to have another 20 would be just incredible 8-) Here's wishing and hoping! :) ... me too over 50...can still remember how devastated I felt when the mop-tops split at age 14...this the only other band I feel so strongly about, correction...more strongly about...feel so priveliged to have 20+ already!
    Thanks! I have been a fan from the beginning. So many of their songs have meaning to me. I thought it was kinda dorky for someone my age to belong to a fan club, but I eventually did it! I know the guys appreciate their fans alot, and I don't know if any of them see these posts, but I had to thank them from my heart and I didn't know where else to say it! I just hope they keep on keeping on!
    Later, Lolly
  • Options
    over50fan wrote:
    The Oracle wrote:
    over50fan wrote:

Thanks! I have been a fan from the beginning. So many of their songs have meaning to me. I thought it was kinda dorky for someone my age to belong to a fan club, but I eventually did it! I know the guys appreciate their fans alot, and I don't know if any of them see these posts, but I had to thank them from my heart and I didn't know where else to say it! I just hope they keep on keeping on!

Dorky?! I think not...48 year old Grammie of two here...& age is just a number. Just joined myself not long ago...its been on my list of "things" for a very long time...the only thing about age is you really do start thinking about the things you shoulda woulda coulda done. I'll prefer not the "bucket" list but instead..."get off your freakin' ass & live!! list"....watching PJ 20 was a ringer for me...so many memories & it brought back alot of joy...I was smitten twenty years ago & still am. Music is a very personal thing when it reverberates right down to your very soul, my ears are blessed, even if my vocal chords are not...who cares? I sing it out anyway!!
    Film was excellent, want more....on second reading of the book & I'm like a kid again waiting for Chritmas because my Mom bought me the soundtrack, 2 CD's I only had on Itunes & the movie, which I've only watched on good ol' PBS 8-) And...I'll drink to "keepin' on"...even if it is geritol...as long as I can still DANCE!! :lol:
  • Options
    Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
    edited November 2011
    don't worry, we'll work it out backstage, it'll be fine.
    Post edited by Music For Rhinos on
  • Options
    IAMOIAMO Posts: 24
    I made this doodle to celebrate PJ20! Hope you like it!

PJ_IAMO_WEB.jpg

http://iamo76.deviantart.com/art/Pearl-Jam-The-Kids-Are-Twenty-270534600

Thanks for "liking" by Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/iamodoodles
    Cartoonist and Character Designer >> i-a-m-o.blogspot.com
  • Options
    " to Kellannazzie"
    :wave: Well, pretty soon I will have to change my name to Over55fan! Gramma here too! I agree that their songwriting and music have reached my soul! I've never felt so strongly about this before, altho music has always been a major part of my life. I had older brothers who intro'ed me at a very young age to all the great sounds. My hubby laughs at me when I'm singing with my headphones on, I too, don't have co-operating vocal cords! I love when people ask what my stickman tattoo means. I tell them if they don't already know, they won't understand! :lol:
    Later, Lolly
    Later, Lolly
  • Options
    Ahhh Lolly...a kindred spirit ;) ...wear it proud!! And now I'm yearning for my very own stickman :lol:

And....IAMO...very nicely done doodle...thanks for sharing... 8-)