NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Pats54 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    "We're going to win Game 7," Sedin told the Vancouver Sun

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/ ... id=6659965

Does he think he's Mark Messier? If you as a player were playing well, then you could probably make this statement. Neither of the Sedin's has done much to instil confidence that they will perform any better tomorrow.

At least Lu has performed in 3 games...the Sedins :lol::lol::lol:.

I think the Sedins have played as well as the Bruins have let them play. They are taking a hell of
    a lot of punishement out there.
    Do they embellish, sure, sometimes but you think it's fun getting hacked, slashed, whacked and
    speared on a consistent basis?
    If anyone is questioning the heart or work eithic that the Sedins are displaying then you obviously know
    nothing about the game.

Getting punched in the face 6 times by a rookie sums up everything about the player and about the team Especially since it was garbage time in the game. Say what you want about Crosby or Ovie who suffer the same type of treatment with the slashes and hacks etc. Sid would have dropped the gloves. The Sedins play a soft brand of hockey. When marchand was asked if Sedin did anything to warrant that he said no he was just there. Grow a pair and man up.

I totally agree...heck I think Gretzky even had a fight or 2, he always had protection.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Luongo deserved that last night. Idiot. His team should be really pissed at him. No wonder he is not the captain.

And the Nucks have him until 2022
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Pats54 wrote:
    Luongo deserved that last night. Idiot. His team should be really pissed at him. No wonder he is not the captain.

And the Nucks have him until 2022
    I was routing for the Canucks big time last night, but in a way glad to see a little poetic justice.

You just don't ever give your opponents ANY kind of extra motivation.
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    "We're going to win Game 7," Sedin told the Vancouver Sun

Does he think he's Mark Messier? If you as a player were playing well, then you could probably make this statement. Neither of the Sedin's has done much to instil confidence that they will perform any better tomorrow.

I think the Sedins have played as well as the Bruins have let them play. They are taking a hell of
    Do they embellish, sure, sometimes but you think it's fun getting hacked, slashed, whacked and
    If anyone is questioning the heart or work eithic that the Sedins are displaying then you obviously know
    nothing about the game.

They are not playing quality hockey...sorry, sometimes you have to fight for the puck, fight to get to the front of the net, show some grit. They have shown very little to me in this series. If they could not figure out early on in this series that the referees were not going to call every hack and slash the bruins do to them...thats their problem. They need to ignore that shit and play their game and quit embellishing every little hack and slash.

The way the game is now...all teams star forwards are targeted, the only way to eliminate that is to eliminate the instigator rule or for 1 of the Sedins to have actually dropped his gloves in one of those blowouts.

Besides no where in my statement did I question their heart or work ethic. I do question their mental toughness...though.

So you may question my knowledge of the game, I'll question your ability to read a statement and comprehend it. Messier can make a statement like that because he was a 5 time cup champion, had shown his grit and brings far more to the table than the Sedins ever will.

dude, relax. When I typed "you" in my reply, it wasn't meant as you, it was meant as anyone who was
    questioning the Sedins performance.
    However, if you are one of them then yes, I was referring to you.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    the stanley cup is for vancouver to lose ... they are the better team ... if they can not stab themselves - they should win on wednesday ...

If they are the better team why are they getting outscored 19-8 in the Cup?

Simple, Tim Thomas.
    Goalies are part of the team too, no? Gotta wonder if Vancouver will forget about Lulu Lemon's inconsistencies and his crazy contract if they win....or what they'll do about it if they don't.

And screw the Sisters. I don't question their skill, but I do question their heart and work ethic. Just because they keep getting up after the two handers they're taking (like everyone else), doesn't mean they've got heart. They haven't really been stealing games, which is what players of their calibre should do.

Daniel has 4 points (1 goal), and is -1 in the finals.
    Henrick has 1 PP assist, and is -3 in the finals.
    Those are not elite numbers.
    lukin2006 wrote:

nothing about the game.

They are not playing quality hockey...sorry, sometimes you have to fight for the puck, fight to get to the front of the net, show some grit. They have shown very little to me in this series. If they could not figure out early on in this series that the referees were not going to call every hack and slash the bruins do to them...thats their problem. They need to ignore that shit and play their game and quit embellishing every little hack and slash.

The way the game is now...all teams star forwards are targeted, the only way to eliminate that is to eliminate the instigator rule or for 1 of the Sedins to have actually dropped his gloves in one of those blowouts.

Besides no where in my statement did I question their heart or work ethic. I do question their mental toughness...though.

So you may question my knowledge of the game, I'll question your ability to read a statement and comprehend it. Messier can make a statement like that because he was a 5 time cup champion, had shown his grit and brings far more to the table than the Sedins ever will.

dude, relax. When I typed "you" in my reply, it wasn't meant as you, it was meant as anyone who was
    questioning the Sedins performance.
    However, if you are one of them then yes, I was referring to you.[/quote]

I am questioning their mental toughness and lack of production. Last night 1 of them had an open net for a 1 - 0 lead, he buries that shot, it might be a different story. They'll all want to win the cup and have no doubt about their work ethic...I just hope they show more grit in game 7.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

gvn2fly12 wrote:

If they are the better team why are they getting outscored 19-8 in the Cup?

Simple, Tim Thomas.
    Goalies are part of the team too, no? Gotta wonder if Vancouver will forget about Lulu Lemon's inconsistencies and his crazy contract if they win....or what they'll do about it if they don't.

And screw the Sisters. I don't question their skill, but I do question their heart and work ethic. Just because they keep getting up after the two handers they're taking (like everyone else), doesn't mean they've got heart. They haven't really been stealing games, which is what players of their calibre should do.

Daniel has 4 points (1 goal), and is -1 in the finals.
    Henrick has 1 PP assist, and is -3 in the finals.
    Those are not elite numbers.

I think if they lose they have 3 problems..Luongo and 5 more years of the Sedin's, there both 30, the NHL and playoff are not new to them.

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think shneider is way better than lou ... outside of that ... they need to bring in some grit ... kesler is having to take on that role but he's paid the price and is now largely ineffective because of it ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i think shneider is way better than lou ... outside of that ... they need to bring in some grit ... kesler is having to take on that role but he's paid the price and is now largely ineffective because of it ...

They also may be to banged up for game 7 with loss of Raymond.

polaris_x wrote:

They need a couple Thornton or Campbell type players. Watched Schneider here at Boston College and he is a real good goalie. Too bad he is behind lou in van.
    lukin2006 wrote:

everyone playing hurt these days for sure ...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Raymond impressed the hell out of me in this series. Very fast and his stick skills are imprerssive. Too bad he had to get hurt like that kind of a weird play.
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...I think LU is going to have to be great...I am still hopeful that the Sedin's breakout and have a big game.

lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I agree...I think LU is going to have to be great...I am still hopeful that the Sedin's breakout and have a big game.

actually ... he doesn't have to be great ... just solid ... no weak goals ... and they will be fine ... he's gonna face 25 shots at most on wednesday ...
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    whbrl1.gif

:lol:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    As a canucks fan, I have seen Raymond play for a while now, but agreed, he impressed the hell out of me too these playoffs. So speedy.

My blood was boiling :evil: last night when I saw Marchand punching Sedin last night. Absolutely unacceptable as a hockey player to do NOTHING, when this punk rookie is using you as a speedbag.

I think we are in trouble in game 7 and honestly I dont know if we quite deserve to win this thing.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    whbrl1.gif

:lol::lol:

awesome!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    whbrl1.gif

:lol::lol:

awesome!

pathetic and embarrassing. :oops: I havent seen such a bitch move (on Sedins part) since the Semin slap fight.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    As a canucks fan, I have seen Raymond play for a while now, but agreed, he impressed the hell out of me too these playoffs. So speedy.

My blood was boiling :evil: last night when I saw Marchand punching Sedin last night. Absolutely unacceptable as a hockey player to do NOTHING, when this punk rookie is using you as a speedbag.

I think we are in trouble in game 7 and honestly I dont know if we quite deserve to win this thing.

Not sure how you do nothing when getting popped in the face like that... not even asking for him to drop the gloves, but at least give some shoves/punches back. sheesh...

I like Raymond too, but his speed keeps me wanting more... Kinda like a better version of Darren Helm who goes 100 miles an hour and doesn't do a whole lot once he gets there.

That injury shouldn't have happened... really an unnecessary hit on a guy in a vulnerable position. Not sure why the league didn't look at it, but it's not even worth second guessing them anymore on any of these decisions.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

Clay and I went to Rogers.
    After the 1st goal on Schneider I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes... What a disaster.

I don't know if I can take a game 7... I was sick the whole day of game 7 in the first round. This is the finals.

Ahhhh.
    Go Canucks!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    To getting popped in the face like that...the Sedin's best response to that is to have a great game 7. I hope the league is proud of themselves that you have 1 of your more talented forwards in the league being used as a punching in the finals. The league needs to either eliminate the instigator rule or remove punks like that from games.

Guarantee he wouldn't be doing that pre instigator rule. Thats why guys like Domi, Probert and Kocur will always have my respect...they only took on other tough guys like themselves, they never went looking to fight someone who they knew could not fight, unlike so many of these punks in the game today. They may have fought someone who was not a fighter, but it would have been rare.

Sedin's best response is big game 7.

Have you watched Marchand?

He is a pitbull. Quite honestly ... I think he's a little chemically imbalanced. :)

Not only would he have done that pre-instgator rule, he would have fought an entire bench of Tai Domis ... it's who he is.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:
    To getting popped in the face like that...the Sedin's best response to that is to have a great game 7. I hope the league is proud of themselves that you have 1 of your more talented forwards in the league being used as a punching in the finals. The league needs to either eliminate the instigator rule or remove punks like that from games.

Guarantee he wouldn't be doing that pre instigator rule. Thats why guys like Domi, Probert and Kocur will always have my respect...they only took on other tough guys like themselves, they never went looking to fight someone who they knew could not fight, unlike so many of these punks in the game today. They may have fought someone who was not a fighter, but it would have been rare.

I agree.
    I don't understand how if you keep your composure and the other guy keeps smashing you in the face how it can't be a penalty.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    who the cuss is the enforcer on the canucks ... !???
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    edited June 2011
    lukin2006 wrote:

I disagree about the instigator rule having really any affect on how the weasels play in the league. Do you really think that it would change anything?

Say the rule isn't in place, and after game 1, Thornton goes after Burrows for the biting thing... Burrows has a face shield on, turtles, gets popped in helmet a few times and doesn't get hurt... He gets a roughing minor and Thornton gets a major. Burrows wins, gets up grinning, his team has a PP, and lives to do something stupid again.
    Post edited by blackredyellow on
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    jimed14 wrote:

He is a pitbull. Quite honestly ... I think he's a little chemically imbalanced. :)

Not only would he have done that pre-instgator rule, he would have fought an entire bench of Tai Domis ... it's who he is.

He may have...but Domi, Kocur, Probert and a few others would have enjoyed kicking his ass, and Domi would have did it smiling.

jimed14 wrote:

uhhh ... the kid has like one fighting major all year and it was with andrew coliagno ... he isn't fighting anyone ... he's a shit-disturber ... that's his role ... when the enforcers show up ... he's definitely turtling ...
    Marchand has already dropped the gloves in the series and clearly would have done it again last night.

edit - beleive me, I'm not saying he's the second coming of Chris Nilan. I'm saying he's WAY hot tempered.

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Nose-Faced Killa!!!!! Love Marchand.

I really think the B's break through in game 7 and get to Luongo. Amazing they're actually letting him start tomorrow.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Nose-Faced Killa!!!!! Love Marchand.

I really think the B's break through in game 7 and get to Luongo. Amazing they're actually letting him start tomorrow.

He's been gold at home. They have him signed for another decade or so ... they *have* to start him.

If game 7 was in Boston, would have been a different story.

I still say tomorrow night is a 50-50 coin flip.