NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    been making a lot of posts and comments here lately:

http://www.talk-sports.net/nhl/sucks.aspx/Tim_Thomas

j/k i was googling stuff and found it.

He obviously does not suck, he had the record setting year and all. But alas, he will get lit up and chased in game 7.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    then the other day luongo called out thomas. the media did not 'misquote' luongo. he was being cocky and it came back to bite him in the ass.

Luongo did not "call out" Tim Thomas you ****. The media blew that up. So sick of hearing that.

He commented on the goal and he simply stated the way he plays, it would be a save. The way Thomas plays (aggresive) its a goal. Now, I agree Luongo should not have said anything at all. He should keep his mouth shut, but the media made it seem like he released a diatribe on Thomas critiquing his style and faults. It was one sentence in a presser, after a game. Get over it, he didnt call anyone out, or even accuse Thomas of being bad.

the way he plays? you mean 15 goals against in less than three games? luongo does need to keep his mouth shut and so does most of the canuck fan base. no ones out to get your team. the canucks are just burying themselves in a hole with their actions and "misquotes". get over it.
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Did Sedin say something to provoke Marchand?

"No, he didn't say anything before. He was just right there. ... He didn't say anything, he was just kind of taking it," the Bruins winger said.

Why did Marchand keep punching him then?

"Because I felt like it," Marchand said

Too funny and no one on Vanc. did anything about it.
    Pats54 wrote:

"No, he didn't say anything before. He was just right there. ... He didn't say anything, he was just kind of taking it," the Bruins winger said.

they probably thought the media would have accused them of being thugs and dirty players.
    Pats54 wrote:

they probably thought the media would have accused them of being thugs and dirty players.
    Exactly. If your Sedin at some point you have to say enough is enough and get pissed and maybe just hit back
    been making a lot of posts and comments here lately:

http://www.talk-sports.net/nhl/sucks.aspx/Tim_Thomas

j/k i was googling stuff and found it.

He obviously does not suck, he had the record setting year and all. But alas, he will get lit up and chased in game 7.
    You really think TT is going to get lit up and chased in game 7?
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Pats54 wrote:

Get rid of the instigator rule, bring the enforcer back...problem solved.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    All I know is that i had a terrible sleep last night and will have another terrible one tonight.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:

you'd think that bettman and the rest of the league would realize that this would be one of the best things for the game. it's not like ufc is popular or anything
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm watching the CBC rebroadcast of last nights game on NHL Network and it's between periods ... DAMN I miss Don Cherry. Absolute laugh riot. Love the gold jacket, you know he's pullin' for the B's.

I sincerely feel bad for haffajappa. Have to admit, I'm a tad nervous myself.

To haffajappa and fifthelement ... a true and sincere good luck tomorrow. I may think your team is a bunch of whiny creampuffs, but you two are class acts ... will be thrilled to share a beer with you in Vancouver in September.

But ... it all comes back to this ...

jimed14 wrote:

I'll take that friendly bet :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

ItsOnNowChapsL.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:Wasn't expecting that :mrgreen:

funny-celebrity-pictures-challenge-accepted.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    lol! same to you it's been fun and emotionally draining at the same time.
    if you win the beer will be salty from all my tears.
    i will be crushed tomorrow if we don't bring this thing home.
    i will not be sleeping tonight.

but i believe!
    GO CANUCKS GO!
    GO CANUCKS GO!
    GO CANUCKS GO!
    I will be forsaking all my better judgement on the supersitious front, opting to go downtown for the game tomorrow night instead of my lucky spot in the living room... let's hope it really does have no bearing on the game.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    haffajappa wrote:
    i will be crushed tomorrow if we don't bring this thing home.

As will I if Bruins don't win ... at least we have 3 months before PJ to let whomever needs it to let the wounds heal.

:D

we-believe-bruins1.jpg?w=300&h=77
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm watching the CBC rebroadcast of last nights game on NHL Network and it's between periods ... DAMN I miss Don Cherry. Absolute laugh riot. Love the gold jacket, you know he's pullin' for the B's.

To haffajappa and fifthelement ... a true and sincere good luck tomorrow. I may think your team is a bunch of whiny creampuffs, but you two are class acts ... will be thrilled to share a beer with you in Vancouver in September.

I'm already feeling nauseous :sick::sick:

Hoping that feeling will all be for naught in less than 24 hours.

Best of luck to you too tomorrow jimed. It's going to be a nail-biter. I, too, am looking forward to you buying us a beer in September ;):mrgreen: Seriously, though, I sincerely wish you good luck tomorrow as well.

Haffa - have a great time tomorrow night. Regardless of what goes down, it's going to be an amazing experience. Be safe :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    bf63faaa-1.jpg

57c8eb9f.jpg

3cdb2d67-1.jpg

f59c33ef-1.jpg

:ugeek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    VANCOUVER
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimed14 wrote:

Best of luck to you too tomorrow jimed. It's going to be a nail-biter. I, too, am looking forward to you buying us a beer in September ;):mrgreen: Seriously, though, I sincerely wish you good luck tomorrow as well.

Haffa - have a great time tomorrow night. Regardless of what goes down, it's going to be an amazing experience. Be safe :)
    thanks fifth... let's hope i wont be playing 'take me to the riot' in my iphone tmrw.
    i have faith
    i believe
    i will always bleed blue and green no matter what
    i am proud to be a canucks fan and this has been an amazing journey.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:

Although Ken Linesman made a career playing like that while there were enforcers. I dont really think Marchand would give a shit. He dropped his gloves immediatley when he ducked the Sedin hit in game 4.
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:

you'd think that bettman and the rest of the league would realize that this would be one of the best things for the game. it's not like ufc is popular or anything

I know they won't get rid of the instigator rule....I'll bet if you did a poll, 2 of the most popular wings of all time would be Probie and Kocur, Domi would be one of the more popular leafs, Semenko with Oilers. What these guys are doing today is bullshit. Probie, Kocur and Domi I can respect they never would have went after a Sedin type player just because they can. Bring back the enforcer and guys like that would get their ass kicked and rightfully so. I wish the Sedin had just hauled off and head butted the punk into the middle of next week, but that not their game or style, they play a similar style as the wings...play with discipline and burn them on the power play...has not gone so well on the power play this series.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Pats54 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Pats54 wrote:

Although Ken Linesman made a career playing like that while there were enforcers. I dont really think Marchand would give a shit. He dropped his gloves immediatley when he ducked the Sedin hit in game 4.

He was a shit disturber, but more in the way Sean Thornton is. Marchand a punk who according to Polaris had 1 fight this year. Do you think Linesman would have did that to Gretzky, Lafleur, Yzerman...i would have loved to see it. Marchand a punk, he did it knowing that the Sedins will not fight back, and their is no enforcer on Vancouver that'll kick his ass the next shift.

haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

thanks fifth... let's hope i wont be playing 'take me to the riot' in my iphone tmrw.
    i have faith
    i believe
    i will always bleed blue and green no matter what
    i am proud to be a canucks fan and this has been an amazing journey.

Haffa you just gotta have faith. LU had delivered solid games at home. Game 6 Vancouver had chances, unfortunately got off to a bad start. I am hoping the twins use that Marchand incident as motivation...and that is the best response to what Marchand did...score some goals today...GO Canucks GO.

• lukin2006 wrote:
    I wish the Sedin had just hauled off and head butted the punk into the middle of next week, but that not their game or style, they play a similar style as the wings...play with discipline and burn them on the power play...has not gone so well on the power play this series.

That's exactly it. They don't play that style of hockey, not many Europeans do, especially the Swedish kind.
    Holmstroms are the exception, not the rule.
    You can bet that if it was Kesler or Torres that Marchand was using as a human punching bag that there would
    have been a different outcome but that's not Marchand's style, either.
    He's been like that ever since Junior. He's a lot like Steve Downie only with more skill.
    Get rid of the instigator rule, bring the enforcer back...problem solved.[/quote]
    Although Ken Linesman made a career playing like that while there were enforcers. I dont really think Marchand would give a shit. He dropped his gloves immediatley when he ducked the Sedin hit in game 4.[/quote]

He was a shit disturber, but more in the way Sean Thornton is. Marchand a punk who according to Polaris had 1 fight this year. Do you think Linesman would have did that to Gretzky, Lafleur, Yzerman...i would have loved to see it. Marchand a punk, he did it knowing that the Sedins will not fight back, and their is no enforcer on Vancouver that'll kick his ass the next shift.[/quote]
    He was a little more of a pest than Thornton. I think he was charged for assault for kicking a guy with his skates. He was a pain in the ass with all his stick work and chirping. He prop. would not have done that Gretzky but it is a different league now. Agree guys like Crosby Sedin should not have to put up with this crap. Someone anyone on their team should step up
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ok ... big game tonite ... let's put away all the tom foolery and play some hockey ...

go vancouver!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    If vancouver show the same lack of heart that they showed after the last game this will be a blow out. you just can't have your best player get punch that many times and not do anything about it.

i see a 2-1 game for Vancouver with the sedins scoring both goals. Thomas still gets the MVP
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    Game 7 - I'll take the better goaltender every time.

3-1 B's.
  • Game 7 - I'll take the better goaltender every time.

3-1 B's.

There's no question Thomas has outplayed Luongo in the games in Boston but the better goaltender
    is Luongo so I guess that means the Canucks will win.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    2-1 Bruins in overtime. Lucic with the winner. You heard it hear first.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    [

the way he plays? you mean 15 goals against in less than three games? luongo does need to keep his mouth shut and so does most of the canuck fan base. no ones out to get your team. the canucks are just burying themselves in a hole with their actions and "misquotes". get over it.
    People may not be out to get the Canucks, but it's undeniable that the Sedins and Luongo have had cross-hairs on them for at least the last several years by the media and NHL fan base. It's like people want them to fail so bad and can't wait to jump all over them. I don't know if it's because the old guard doesn't like to see goalies get huge killer contracts combined with a general dislike of Euro hockey players, but it's something.

That's just an opinion from a Red Wings fan.
    polaris_x wrote:
    ok ... big game tonite ... let's put away all the tom foolery and play some hockey ...

go vancouver!

I think if they just play hockey and knock off the bullshit Vancouver wins. I'm thinking the Sedins have a good night...or maybe it's wishful thinking. I did like the fact that in game 6 when down 4-0 they kept coming and had chances, so hopefully it carries over.