NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Henrik:
    That wasn’t too much fun. My son told me a man was making fun of me and Uncle Danny on TV. I said that can’t be true because that’s what usually happens in kindergarten.

Cory:
    Who cares what he thinks... If he'd been their general manager he would have traded them in their first year, anyway, like he did with everyone else.

lols.
    not losing any sleep over milbury :)
    glad i don't have to watch NBC or VS :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    haffajappa wrote:
    I think i've said it before but I love how our Punjabi community has become such a huge part of our fan base
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwk1sZjkjBM

I don't know I guess maybe it's because of my job and stuff but I have a few Afghani students in the ESL class I TA that get soo into it, and I think its just the coolest blend of cultures.

Watching my dad scream at the TV in angry Japanese is fun too :lol::lol:

Yeah, I think it's wonderful too! I was recently watching the Chasing Stanley segment following one of the games. They were talking about how the HNIC in Punjabi broadcast has really brought in the older generations, those who have very little or no English. It's fantastic to see :) i love looking at the crowd shots during the broadcast all season, it's such a diverse, multi-cultural mosaic :thumbup:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    I think i've said it before but I love how our Punjabi community has become such a huge part of our fan base
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwk1sZjkjBM

I don't know I guess maybe it's because of my job and stuff but I have a few Afghani students in the ESL class I TA that get soo into it, and I think its just the coolest blend of cultures.

Watching my dad scream at the TV in angry Japanese is fun too :lol::lol:

Yeah, I think it's wonderful too! I was recently watching the Chasing Stanley segment following one of the games. They were talking about how the HNIC in Punjabi broadcast has really brought in the older generations, those who have very little or no English. It's fantastic to see :) i love looking at the crowd shots during the broadcast all season, it's such a diverse, multi-cultural mosaic :thumbup:
    Agreed! :D:)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Roberto Luongo on Tim Thomas ... :roll:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/1 ... -love-too/

When asked to give the goalie's perspective on how difficult it is to make a save when the puck springs off the end boards like it did leading Maxim Lapierre's Game 5 winner, Luongo gave what was in all likelihood a verbal jab at his counterpart, Tim Thomas.

"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint," Luongo said after the Canucks took a 3-2 lead in the series. "It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen."

"I've been pumping (Thomas') tires ever since the series started," Luongo said. "I haven't heard any one nice thing he's had to say about me, so that's the way it is."

Brings up an interesting point .... could Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe trophy even if the Bruins lose?

I mean, he can ... but say the Bruins lose 1-0 again ( :cry: ) ... would he? He's certainly in contention.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    jimed14 wrote:

When asked to give the goalie's perspective on how difficult it is to make a save when the puck springs off the end boards like it did leading Maxim Lapierre's Game 5 winner, Luongo gave what was in all likelihood a verbal jab at his counterpart, Tim Thomas.

"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint," Luongo said after the Canucks took a 3-2 lead in the series. "It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen."

"I've been pumping (Thomas') tires ever since the series started," Luongo said. "I haven't heard any one nice thing he's had to say about me, so that's the way it is."

Brings up an interesting point .... could Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe trophy even if the Bruins lose?

I mean, he can ... but say the Bruins lose 1-0 again ( :cry: ) ... would he? He's certainly in contention.

yeah, luongo's someone to be giving advice. what was it? 12 goals against in less than 2 games? i also enjoy his fourth grade mentality: well he's not saying nice things about me so i'm going to say mean things about him.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jimed14 wrote:

He could...but does it really matter to Thomas or the Bruins or their fans? Not Likely. If The Canucks win 1 of the next 2 and its really low scoring, it might be hard to ignore Luongo as MVP...really think about it, the Canucks are up 3-2 in the series having scored 6 goals...thats 6 goals in 5 games, just unreal.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jimed14 wrote:

He could...but does it really matter to Thomas or the Bruins or their fans? Not Likely. If The Canucks win 1 of the next 2 and its really low scoring, it might be hard to ignore Luongo as MVP...really think about it, the Canucks are up 3-2 in the series having scored 6 goals...thats 6 goals in 5 games, just unreal.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Believe me, if the Bruins lose, I don't really care. It was just a topic of interest to discuss, at least, I thought it was.

Conn Smythe is for the entirety of the playoffs. No way it goes to Luongo. He lost his starting job once and gave up 12 goals in 2 games in the final ... that's not the most valuable player in the playoffs.

I'd say the edge is to one of the Canucks offensive stars, and if not them, it'll go to Thomas before Luongo.

And again ... if the B's lose the series, it's no consolation to me.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    jimed14 wrote:
    Believe me, if the Bruins lose, I don't really care. It was just a topic of interest to discuss, at least, I thought it was.

Conn Smythe is for the entirety of the playoffs. No way it goes to Luongo. He lost his starting job once and gave up 12 goals in 2 games in the final ... that's not the most valuable player in the playoffs.

I'd say the edge is to one of the Canucks offensive stars, and if not them, it'll go to Thomas before Luongo.

And again ... if the B's lose the series, it's no consolation to me.

Win or lose, the Conn Smythe should go to Tim Thomas, The canucks have had a "team effort" this playoffs, just as well or the twins would not be popular in Vancouver.

Take out the 2 games against the blackhawks and the 2 in Boston, Lou for Conn Smythe hands down, but you have to count them, I'm sure some skayers have had 4 bad games and still might with but I think its different for a goalie.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • shine79shine79 Posts: 49
    jimed14 wrote:

Keep in mind while answering the question, he also said Thomas makes saves that he wouldn't, referring to their positioning. It was a fair comment, but morphed into something else by some of the media down south.
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Luongo just bascially sums up why this team is so easy to hate. I think I hate them even more than the Montrela Canadians. Luongo had a shut out the other night and made maybe 2 or 3 tough saves out of the 30 + shots the b's had. Between Lapierre and Burrows acting like they have been stabbed ever time they get a stick in the stomach, to Rome complaing that he has to miss the Stanley Cup Finals, to Luongo complaininjg no one is pumping his tires like he was to TT. What a bunch of whinny bitches. Just don't like the brand of hockey this team plays with. Glad they are trying to sell the broadcast rights to their parade. Lets hope they are having a parade because they won the presidnets trophy. Go B's
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    jimed14 wrote:

See Ron Hextall....1985 :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Pats54 wrote:
    Luongo just bascially sums up why this team is so easy to hate. I think I hate them even more than the Montrela Canadians. Luongo had a shut out the other night and made maybe 2 or 3 tough saves out of the 30 + shots the b's had. Between Lapierre and Burrows acting like they have been stabbed ever time they get a stick in the stomach, to Rome complaing that he has to miss the Stanley Cup Finals, to Luongo complaininjg no one is pumping his tires like he was to TT. What a bunch of whinny bitches. Just don't like the brand of hockey this team plays with. Glad they are trying to sell the broadcast rights to their parade. Lets hope they are having a parade because they won the presidnets trophy. Go B's

exactly

they aren't the flyers of the 70s where they'd beat the shit out of you just for looking at them wrong. people hate them because they are whiney diving bitches. it's not even funny anymore. it's getting annoying. their true colours have shown during the playoffs and i can't think of a team who deserves the cup less than vancouver. i would have rather seen nashville win it than these 11 year olds.
    tybird wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

See Ron Hextall....1985 :ugeek:

More recently, J.S. Giguere with the Ducks.

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    finish them....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Pats54 wrote:

lots of hate coming our way when we are on top. Bruins will go into hibernation tonight.

CANUCKS!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    Pats54 wrote:

lots of hate coming our way when we are on top. Bruins will go into hibernation tonight.

CANUCKS!

hope your right..but you're popping alot of shit considering they pissed on you in boston ...
    and what does luongo do..talk more shit to give them more motivation

i hate to say it..but this is probably going 7
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    jimed14 wrote:

I'll take that friendly bet :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

GO CANUCKS GO !!!

ItsOnNowChapsL.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:Wasn't expecting that :mrgreen:

funny-celebrity-pictures-challenge-accepted.jpg

rosie_the_riveter_poster-p228109239028484587t5ta_400.jpg

Just wanted to kick this back up ... I might owe some beer after tonight. But it's still f**kin' on now, chaps!

:D

They just panned the Bruins bench, and it really looked like David Krejci was going to throw up ... funny, I'm right there with him.

what a shit goal luongo :lol:

see you in game 7

this game is over already

2-0 now ...now its really over
    people say home ice isn't important.. :?
    Game is far from over.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    well lu hasn't given 4 goals in the first period yet so maybe this is the game :lol:
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    jimed14 wrote:
    Game is far from over.

Yup!
    jimed14 wrote:
    Game is far from over.

i understand why you are saying that... but the game is way over

if it was 7-0 you guys would say the same.... :lol:

see ya wed.
    jimed14 wrote:
    Game is far from over.

see ya wed.

And I know why you're saying that.

2 - 0 not even half way through the first period? C'mon. You SAW the Philly series last year ... right?

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Game is far from over.

see ya wed.

And I know why you're saying that.

2 - 0 not even half way through the first period? C'mon. You SAW the Philly series last year ... right?

im not trying to jinx..i bet the bruins...

i know it not over on the clock...but as an outside observer....its over

ok let's watch
    over now?

wow nice easy bet tonight :mrgreen:

cha ching
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    That's why no one is "pumping your tires" Luango.
    this luongo is a fool ..talking shit

i almost hope the bruins beat him in game 7