NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    ok ... big game tonite ... let's put away all the tom foolery and play some hockey ...

go vancouver!

I think if they just play hockey and knock off the bullshit Vancouver wins. I'm thinking the Sedins have a good night...or maybe it's wishful thinking. I did like the fact that in game 6 when down 4-0 they kept coming and had chances, so hopefully it carries over.

ya ... canucks like to shoot themselves in the foot ... they should be abusing the bruins on the forecheck with their speed ... guys like lucic are completely in their defensive zone ...
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Game 7 - I'll take the better goaltender every time.

3-1 B's.

There's no question Thomas has outplayed Luongo in the games in Boston but the better goaltender
    is Luongo so I guess that means the Canucks will win.

How is Lebruongo the better goalie are you serious. hasn't he already been pulled from 3 playoff games.
    If the Bruins score one in the first and get an early lead LU will begin to crap his pants.
    Game on LETS GO B'S.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    didn't that article say that despite the blow outs he still let in fewer goals than thomas did in the previous series?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    didn't that article say that despite the blow outs he still let in fewer goals than thomas did in the previous series?

From ESPN 2011 stats. and LU faced the Preds who really don't score a ton of goals. I would just rather have TT at this point in time. AV has to worry about which Lu is going to show up for him tonight. All of that being said Van is a much better team at home. However, the Bruins have not been that far from stealing one in Van. Should be a very interesting night.
    T. Thomas
    GAA: 2.06 SV%: .937 WINS: 15
    R. Luongo
    GAA: 2.54 SV%: .916 WINS
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    8 hours till the puck drops

Let's go kids! Bring it back to Boston! Lucic, Chara, Seguin, Marchand, Peverly, Sidenberg, Recchi, my boys Thornton and Boychuck and the man of the hour, Mr. Timothy Thomas.

Let's do this thing!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    ok ... big game tonite ... let's put away all the tom foolery and play some hockey ...

go vancouver!

I think if they just play hockey and knock off the bullshit Vancouver wins. I'm thinking the Sedins have a good night...or maybe it's wishful thinking. I did like the fact that in game 6 when down 4-0 they kept coming and had chances, so hopefully it carries over.

ya ... canucks like to shoot themselves in the foot ... they should be abusing the bruins on the forecheck with their speed ... guys like lucic are completely in their defensive zone ...

I think they'll get their speed going...I'd be surprised if their was much BS going on for fear of taking stupid penalties. Boston is under just as much pressure as Vancouver, if Vancouver wins 1-0 or 2-1 Boston will have lost a 7 game series giving up less than 10 goals.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Pats54 wrote:
    Game 7 - I'll take the better goaltender every time.

3-1 B's.

There's no question Thomas has outplayed Luongo in the games in Boston but the better goaltender
    is Luongo so I guess that means the Canucks will win.

How is Lebruongo the better goalie are you serious. hasn't he already been pulled from 3 playoff games.
    If the Bruins score one in the first and get an early lead LU will begin to crap his pants.
    Game on LETS GO B'S.

That's the thing though, isn't it? IF the bruins score. Something they haven't been able to do all that
    much of in Vancouver so far.

You're hate for the Canucks is seriously clouding your judgement here.
    Luongo is a much better goaltender than Thomas.
    :lol::lol::lol:

edit: I'm not even a big hockey guy and I know that statement is ridiculous.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Game on LETS GO B'S.[/quote]

That's the thing though, isn't it? IF the bruins score. Something they haven't been able to do all that
    much of in Vancouver so far.

You're hate for the Canucks is seriously clouding your judgement here.
    Luongo is a much better goaltender than Thomas.[/quote]
    Agreed not being able to score in Van is a huge problem. Julien tries to win the game 0-0 on the road and their approach is way too conservative. My Judgement is not clouded because I don't like Vancouver. Just not a fan of Lu doesn't really matter whose laundry he is wearing. In my opinion TT is a better goalie and I think the season and playoff stats highlight that fact at least this year. Goalie is one area Julian doesn't have to be concerned about unlike AV for Van. He must be wondering which Lu will show up. Schneider is better than the guy. LU is probably giving Av ulcers.

That statement is laughable. He is not even the best goalie on his team.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The anxiety has officially kicked in ... I'm going to throw up.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Luongo is a much better goaltender than Thomas.

Sigh - the fact that you think it's a ridiculous statement indicates how little you know
    about the sport
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I think they'll get their speed going...I'd be surprised if their was much BS going on for fear of taking stupid penalties. Boston is under just as much pressure as Vancouver, if Vancouver wins 1-0 or 2-1 Boston will have lost a 7 game series giving up less than 10 goals.

pressure is equal ... vancouver's mental state is very fragile ... however, boston has only scored 2 goals on the road this series ... canucks have carried the play early on in most games and if they can score first ... boston will be hard pressed to score ... i think even if boston scores first (assuming it isn't a bad goal) - the canucks can bounce back ...
    Again, the B's beat Vancouver in Vancouver back in February.

This series it's been a couple rolling pucks over sticks, an unlucky bounce, etc etc.

Let's face it ... this game is a coin flip. With an ever so slight edge going to the home team.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Pats54 wrote:
    Agreed not being able to score in Van is a huge problem. Julien tries to win the game 0-0 on the road and their approach is way too conservative. My Judgement is not clouded because I don't like Vancouver. Just not a fan of Lu doesn't really matter whose laundry he is wearing. In my opinion TT is a better goalie and I think the season and playoff stats highlight that fact at least this year. Goalie is one area Julian doesn't have to be concerned about unlike AV for Van. He must be wondering which Lu will show up. Schneider is better than the guy. LU is probably giving Av ulcers.

That's your argument? Thomas has had a better year and playoffs than Luongo this year?
    That's what makes him a better goaltender?

Weak.
    Sigh - the fact that you think it's a ridiculous statement indicates how little you know about the sport

uhhh ... i don't think you are gonna find too many hockey experts who will agree that luongo is a MUCH better goalie than thomas ... you can argue that he is but to say it like it's some fact is absurd ...

playing goal requires mental fortitude and a short memory ... something luongo doesn't always have ... he's given up so many bad goals in these playoffs - it's pretty sad ... having said that - i think tim thomas is not great with his rebound control ... until i heard jamie mcclenan explain it on tsn - i thought he was overly aggressive but it was explained that with thomas being shorter than most goalies - he has to come out of his crease more to cut angles and not give up a goal like the first one luongo gave up in game 6 ...

right now - if i had to start an important game on neutral ice, i'd pick thomas over luongo ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

pressure is equal ... vancouver's mental state is very fragile ... however, boston has only scored 2 goals on the road this series ... canucks have carried the play early on in most games and if they can score first ... boston will be hard pressed to score ... i think even if boston scores first (assuming it isn't a bad goal) - the canucks can bounce back ...
    Agree 100%. The B's get too conservative in Vancouver and play not to let them score try to win 0-0. Too much focus on Defense in Van.
    Speaking of fragile mental states... I am losing focus all morning... I was actually pacing in my bedroom looking for the bowl of cereal i am eating before work. its on my dresser. i'm a scatter brain right now... ahhhh!!!
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Again, the B's beat Vancouver in Vancouver back in February.

This series it's been a couple rolling pucks over sticks, an unlucky bounce, etc etc.

Let's face it ... this game is a coin flip. With an ever so slight edge going to the home team.

Yep, this is the best analysis I have seen so far.

Sigh - the fact that you think it's a ridiculous statement indicates how little you know
    about the sport
    I guess we gotta take you at your word, since you have provided no information or statistics to back up your claim. I think your hatred for the Bruins has clouded your judgement. You even admitted yourself that Thomas has outplayed that goofy bastard this series.

By the way, keep the hatred coming. We love it here.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    haffajappa wrote:
    Speaking of fragile mental states... I am losing focus all morning... I was actually pacing in my bedroom looking for the bowl of cereal i am eating before work. its on my dresser. i'm a scatter brain right now... ahhhh!!!

hang in there! you'll be partying tonight! :mrgreen:
    And yeah, jimed's right as always. Coin flip game tonight.
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Sigh - the fact that you think it's a ridiculous statement indicates how little you know about the sport

uhhh ... i don't think you are gonna find too many hockey experts who will agree that luongo is a MUCH better goalie than thomas ... you can argue that he is but to say it like it's some fact is absurd ...

playing goal requires mental fortitude and a short memory ... something luongo doesn't always have ... he's given up so many bad goals in these playoffs - it's pretty sad ... having said that - i think tim thomas is not great with his rebound control ... until i heard jamie mcclenan explain it on tsn - i thought he was overly aggressive but it was explained that with thomas being shorter than most goalies - he has to come out of his crease more to cut angles and not give up a goal like the first one luongo gave up in game 6 ...

right now - if i had to start an important game on neutral ice, i'd pick thomas over luongo ...

uhhh....where am I saying it like it's some fact??

I am merely stating my opinion, much like you are.
    haffajappa wrote:

At least you can eat.

Me, not so much.

norm wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

hang in there! you'll be partying tonight! :mrgreen:
    i hope so! even Sammi hasn't been eating properly tonight. (er, i meant lately. my mind is gone!)

alas, FenwayFaithful... world cup is over, we are no longer allies!!!!!
    haffajappa wrote:
    It's all good. Best of luck to the Canucks tonight. I hope everyone has a safe and fun time at the circus tonight. The atmosphere in Vancouver is gonna be crazy.
    jimed14 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

At least you can eat.

Me, not so much.
    i didn't eat dinner yesterday and only had an apple for lunch...
    :?

cereal is the first thing ive had...
    i guess cos i'm too young to have kids or be married, tonight is the most important night of my life thus far... eek!
    haffajappa wrote:
    It's all good. Best of luck to the Canucks tonight. I hope everyone has a safe and fun time at the circus tonight. The atmosphere in Vancouver is gonna be crazy.
    :)
  • I guess we gotta take you at your word, since you have provided no information or statistics to back up your claim. I think your hatred for the Bruins has clouded your judgement. You even admitted yourself that Thomas has outplayed that goofy bastard this series.

By the way, keep the hatred coming. We love it here.

you want stats dude then go look them up yourself.
    I "hate" the bruins as much as I "love" the canucks which is very little.
    I admitted that Thomas has outplayed Luongo in Boston so you really need to research the facts before
    you make assinine comments.
    There is really little to be gained by trying to argue with a Boston sports fan because they are always right.

I should know, I've been a bosox fan for over 40 years.
    uhhh....where am I saying it like it's some fact??

I am merely stating my opinion, much like you are.

:lol: ... you just said to someone they know very little about the sport based on their opinion .. :lol: