NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

1727374757678»

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Hey man ... have you seen this? Story here ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl-wp7436
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    it was a pretty good playoffs and season. another good year for the progression of the NHL since the lockout. Boston is solidified now as Chicago was, which is huge for the NHL.... two great fanbases who were previously lulled into indifference. Tampa Bay fans are back,bandwagon or not, and that team should be a contender for a few years or more. Nashville finally seems to have been making progress, although there is still room for improvement. The move to Winnipeg is great for the NHL.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    now that we have the original 6 teams out of the way, it's time for second 6 to get a cup...i'm looking at you Philly :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,678
    we have Philly, St Louis, and Minnesota (I count the North Stars same as the Wild although "technically" it isnt so).

Then Buffalo and Vancouver as the next teams from 1970 who need to win one.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    The 81 wrote:
    now that we have the original 6 teams out of the way, it's time for second 6 to get a cup...i'm looking at you Philly :P

Ummm... the Leafs?
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • PJinmytreePJinmytree Posts: 22
    MFCarissa wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Ummm... the Leafs?

No one can wait that long... :lol::lol::lol::)
    ~so this is what it's like to be an adult...if he only knew now what he knew then~
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    MFCarissa wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Ummm... the Leafs?

2 years ago i said the leafs will be contenders. i still stand by that. 3 more years and they'll be in the playoffs making a push.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    jimed14 wrote:
    Hey man ... have you seen this? Story here ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl-wp7436

Yes I saw and read that piece, I just happened to post the picture because of how unusual it was.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    PJinmytree wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Ummm... the Leafs?

No one can wait that long... :lol::lol::lol::)
    :lol::lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I gather back in Vancouver they have been giving these two HELL!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/ ... ar-411.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    The Bruins might have the cup but the Wings were immortalized in an Eddie poster. I'll take it ;)

EVDetroit2011-1.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    You Wings fans are spoiled ;) ... I'll take this ...

420x316-alg_tim-thomas-stanley-cup.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    This is one of my signatures on the RUSH forum and I just love the shear joy and energy in Chara's face after first being given the CUP. AWESOME baby.

83964_Stanley_Cup_Bruins_Canucks_Hockey.jpg

My half off prediction after the Blackhawks victory last year from the RUSH forum...
    Well I called it the Blackhawks in 6 and that's what happened in exciting fashion. Congratulations to the Hawks and their fans it was an exciting playoffs for all the teams.

Plenty of players are going to be shaving tonight and may the Hawks comeback next year against the BRUINS.

Also a small congrats to the Flyers, I have to admire their tenacity throughout this playoffs they played very well just couldn't take another team championship from the state of PA. :D

Peace