NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    jimed14 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    This entire finals has been whiny...I've never seen so much diving, wincing with phantom pain, hacking and slashing, trying to sell a penalty...

... and that's just the Canucks!

haha...its been both teams...they've been hacking at the Sedins all series...I've been saying all night that the next time a twin gets hacked they should just drop the gloves. The worst rule in the NHL is the instigator rule.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    The 81 wrote:
    How many times has Luongo been pulled now in the playoffs? Thats at least 4, right?
    flyers did that pretty much every game :lol:

At least you can feel better knowing that those 3 goalies combined make like half of what Luongo makes.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Are they showing the Luongo "It's an easy save for me" quote times on CBC as they are on NBC ... I've seen it at least 3 or 4 times now.

Actually Don Cherry discussed and discussed the quote in full...it sure is funny how the US media take 1 sentence of the quote and everyone takes it as so. I read the full quote in the Canadian media and basically said the same thing as Cherry, it was no big deal.

cherry also mentioned how luongo faked the icing call on peverly - karma's a bitch for luongo ... not very classy at all ...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    goodnight... see you cats on wed
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Are they showing the Luongo "It's an easy save for me" quote times on CBC as they are on NBC ... I've seen it at least 3 or 4 times now.

Actually Don Cherry discussed and discussed the quote in full...it sure is funny how the US media take 1 sentence of the quote and everyone takes it as so. I read the full quote in the Canadian media and basically said the same thing as Cherry, it was no big deal.

cherry also mentioned how luongo faked the icing call on peverly - karma's a bitch for luongo ... not very classy at all ...

I thought it was icing...Cherry was calling the Vancouver chicken for that play...once again Cherry is the only 1 mentioning that the NHL needs NO TOUCH ICING...therefore Bettman and the rules committee is a complete waste of time.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ok, we swing back to .... game ain't over yet.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    sedins taking over ... ;)

why thornton is on the ice with sedins on?
    There are the Canucks I know and love, taking two blatantly obvious penalties.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    the stanley cup is for vancouver to lose ... they are the better team ... if they can not stab themselves - they should win on wednesday ...
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Nucks in 7
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    polaris_x wrote:
    the stanley cup is for vancouver to lose ... they are the better team ... if they can not stab themselves - they should win on wednesday ...

If they are the better team why are they getting outscored 19-8 in the Cup?
  • the Canucks have been nothing short of an embarassment this series. sloppy passing, shooting non-stop from the fucking blue line (really, on Thomas? you think that will work?), letting the Bruins bully their stars and their goalie......they are pathetic. Of course I want the cup to come back to Canada, but I'm almost hoping for Boston to win on Wednesday, they deserve it more.

where have the Sedin twins been? NOWHERE. terrible. first point of THIS SERIES in game 6?? that's sad.

How can Luongo get paid that much to suck everywhere but home? why do they keep putting all their stock in him in that building? after an 8-1 loss, Schneider should have been IT the next game. but it's all fucking politics and economics: can't sit the guy they just spent millions on in the stanley cup finals or they look like fools. but if they lose the cup because of him, what do they look like then?

and I'm not even really a hockey fan. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Dave Eh wrote:
    the Canucks have been nothing short of an embarassment this series. sloppy passing, shooting non-stop from the fucking blue line (really, on Thomas? you think that will work?), letting the Bruins bully their stars and their goalie......they are pathetic. Of course I want the cup to come back to Canada, but I'm almost hoping for Boston to win on Wednesday, they deserve it more.

where have the Sedin twins been? NOWHERE. terrible. first point of THIS SERIES in game 6?? that's sad.

How can Luongo get paid that much to suck everywhere but home? why do they keep putting all their stock in him in that building? after an 8-1 loss, Schneider should have been IT the next game. but it's all fucking politics and economics: can't sit the guy they just spent millions on in the stanley cup finals or they look like fools. but if they lose the cup because of him, what do they look like then?

haha i think you are and you don't even realize it
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Its crazy how different each game has gone.. They both suck on the road..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Dave Eh wrote:

haha i think you are and you don't even realize it

this series is the first 6 hockey games I've watched this season! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Its crazy how different each game has gone.. They both suck on the road..

what? the vancouver games have been a billion times closer than the boston games
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jimed14 wrote:
    Roberto Luongo on Tim Thomas ... :roll:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/06/1 ... -love-too/

When asked to give the goalie's perspective on how difficult it is to make a save when the puck springs off the end boards like it did leading Maxim Lapierre's Game 5 winner, Luongo gave what was in all likelihood a verbal jab at his counterpart, Tim Thomas.

"It's not hard if you're playing in the paint," Luongo said after the Canucks took a 3-2 lead in the series. "It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen."

"I've been pumping (Thomas') tires ever since the series started," Luongo said. "I haven't heard any one nice thing he's had to say about me, so that's the way it is."

Brings up an interesting point .... could Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe trophy even if the Bruins lose?

I mean, he can ... but say the Bruins lose 1-0 again ( :cry: ) ... would he? He's certainly in contention.
    so glad he's not my goalie :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    polaris_x wrote:

Simple, Tim Thomas.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,688
    Well what can be more epc than game 7, man I can't wait till Wednesday ;)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • My only wish is that the refs let them play, much like they did last night.
    polaris_x wrote:

tim thomas has definitely outplayed luongo ... huge difference there ... and in a game that's close - once you're down 3 goals - you have no choice but to open it up ... the other main difference is the canucks keep shooting themselves in the foot with bad penalties and an ineffective pp (a major reason why they are in the finals) ...

just stick to playing hockey and press on the forecheck ... especially when lucic is on the ice ... he's horrible on the defensive end ... in a must-win situation for the bruins, the canucks dominated the opening part of game 6 and if luongo could make a save and canucks could score on open nets - they may have already won ...

although the bruins have played it close in vancouver - they haven't gotten any momentum or scoring chances on the road ... they've only scored 2 goals there in 3 games for a reason ...
    Any updates on, Mason Raymond?

Edit ... Oooof, could be out a couple of months? Not good. Feel bad for the guy.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/14/2 ... inals-2011

"We're going to win Game 7," Sedin told the Vancouver Sun

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/ ... id=6659965

Does he think he's Mark Messier? If you as a player were playing well, then you could probably make this statement. Neither of the Sedin's has done much to instil confidence that they will perform any better tomorrow.

At least Lu has performed in 3 games...the Sedins :lol::lol::lol:.

• lukin2006 wrote:

Does he think he's Mark Messier? If you as a player were playing well, then you could probably make this statement. Neither of the Sedin's has done much to instil confidence that they will perform any better tomorrow.

I think the Sedins have played as well as the Bruins have let them play. They are taking a hell of
    a lot of punishement out there.
    Do they embellish, sure, sometimes but you think it's fun getting hacked, slashed, whacked and
    speared on a consistent basis?
    If anyone is questioning the heart or work eithic that the Sedins are displaying then you obviously know
    nothing about the game.
    I think the Sedins have played as well as the Bruins have let them play. They are taking a hell of
    Do they embellish, sure, sometimes but you think it's fun getting hacked, slashed, whacked and
    If anyone is questioning the heart or work eithic that the Sedins are displaying then you obviously know
    nothing about the game.

the sedins dominated early on yesterday and early in the 3rd ... they do most of their damage on the pp (hence their affection for embellishing hits) ... which is also where its going to shits right now for them ... they will get their chances on the pp on wednesday ... and assuming luongo doesn't let in any soft goals early ... i see vancouver winning this ...
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    lukin2006 wrote:

nothing about the game.

Getting punched in the face 6 times by a rookie sums up everything about the player and about the team Especially since it was garbage time in the game. Say what you want about Crosby or Ovie who suffer the same type of treatment with the slashes and hacks etc. Sid would have dropped the gloves. The Sedins play a soft brand of hockey. When marchand was asked if Sedin did anything to warrant that he said no he was just there. Grow a pair and man up.
    Pats54 wrote:
    Getting punched in the face 6 times by a rookie sums up everything about the player and about the team Especially since it was garbage time in the game. Say what you want about Crosby or Ovie who suffer the same type of treatment with the slashes and hacks etc. Sid would have dropped the gloves. The Sedins play a soft brand of hockey. When marchand was asked if Sedin did anything to warrant that he said no he was just there. Grow a pair and man up.

the entire team is playing soft ... you can't have thornton firing shots at luongo in the warm up and not have someone to retaliate ... the series turned a bit when they put thornton back in the lineup ... the canucks don't have that guy ... the sedins can't be dragged down that road ... it's not their game and they need to stay focused on what the canucks need them to do ...
    lukin2006 wrote:

nothing about the game.

They are not playing quality hockey...sorry, sometimes you have to fight for the puck, fight to get to the front of the net, show some grit. They have shown very little to me in this series. If they could not figure out early on in this series that the referees were not going to call every hack and slash the bruins do to them...thats their problem. They need to ignore that shit and play their game and quit embellishing every little hack and slash.

The way the game is now...all teams star forwards are targeted, the only way to eliminate that is to eliminate the instigator rule or for 1 of the Sedins to have actually dropped his gloves in one of those blowouts.

Besides no where in my statement did I question their heart or work ethic. I do question their mental toughness...though.

So you may question my knowledge of the game, I'll question your ability to read a statement and comprehend it. Messier can make a statement like that because he was a 5 time cup champion, had shown his grit and brings far more to the table than the Sedins ever will.

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Luongo deserved that last night. Idiot. His team should be really pissed at him. No wonder he is not the captain.