NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    :roll:

Hate to break it to you...it's the truth, there getting pushed around...not so sure they will win 2 of the next 3.

Not sure what your coach is thinking but according to Ferarro, when Tanev and Ballard were paired together in the SJ series they were extremely effective, and Ferarro was certain that they'd be paired together in game 4.

At some point I would have thought he'd split the twins up to shake things up...if they don't change what their doing they are in trouble.
    no one needs to break it to me. they are stinking.
    i know what is going on, i'm rolling my eyes because of the turtle comment.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm not even a fan of either of these teams but I am really starting to hate everything about Boston.

welcome to the club
    :lol: Too funny. Well played. We love you too!

I will say that most of the boston people on this board are cool as hell. I just hate everything else about your city & teams :D
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Shanny and McCarty both wore older style shoulder pads and could play a very physical game, as a matter of fact Bob Probert did to, probably the toughest guy to ever play the game.
    Yeah, but Probert enjoyed the advantage of being "coked up" out of his mind. :mrgreen:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Another Canuck Turtle

33d8u0x.jpg

haha, that is funny.

If I was a vancouver player on the ice when marchant pulled that shit he would have been dead.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Your top player are expected to elevate their game in the playoffs, they have no elevated their game, as a matter of fact if they aren't in the top 4 in scoring, their game has slid.

Duh, I know it's a team game, but if your MVP players then elevate your game, they haven't.

Toews, Kane and Sharp did it last year
    Crosby and Malkin the year before
    and the year before that Zetterberg and Datsyuk

even this year, I really thought Datsyuk was responsible for forcing that series with SJ to 7 games. He's great in the regular season but elevated it tremendously in the playoffs.

And until I see an elevation in their game they'll never be on that list.

henrik is second by 1 pt and daniel is like 6th not far behind in scoring ...

they are in the stanley cup finals ... you think this team is where it is right now despite them!?? ... sure, they can play better but so can a lot of other guys ... really, they aren't capitalizing on the power play like they normally do in this series and that's a huge difference ...

you've been ragging on them the entire playoffs and yet here they are ... playing a best 2 of 3 for the cup with home ice advantage ...

They have 1 point in the finals, on the NHL's biggest stage. I have been ragging on them all playoffs...they are suppose to be Vancouver's best players and in order to win 2 of the next 3 they need to step up their game, raise it to a new level, and I believe they would say the same thing.

Hey I like the Sedins, I want the Canucks to win the cup, but I do't see them winning it if they do not raise their game to the next level, well unless Luongo becomes Roy like.

The pp, well aren't they the number 1 unit?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    They have 1 point in the finals, on the NHL's biggest stage. I have been ragging on them all playoffs...they are suppose to be Vancouver's best players and in order to win 2 of the next 3 they need to step up their game, raise it to a new level, and I believe they would say the same thing.

Hey I like the Sedins, I want the Canucks to win the cup, but I do't see them winning it if they do not raise their game to the next level, well unless Luongo becomes Roy like.

all i'm saying is you've been down on them the entire playoffs and they are still in a good spot to win the stanley cup ... they may not be dominating like you expect them ... i think they are playing ok ... for sure they could play better but so can a lot of the guys on this team ... the passion seems to be gone ... i suspect when they are back on home ice it'll be different ...

but definitely, the biggest difference right now is the PP is dead ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

all i'm saying is you've been down on them the entire playoffs and they are still in a good spot to win the stanley cup ... they may not be dominating like you expect them ... i think they are playing ok ... for sure they could play better but so can a lot of the guys on this team ... the passion seems to be gone ... i suspect when they are back on home ice it'll be different ...

but definitely, the biggest difference right now is the PP is dead ...

I'm hoping your right about home ice. And yes I have been on them these playoffs, and if they step up over the next 2-3 games I'll give them credit...and I'll give them credit for helping them get this far...so far in the finals they have not been at their best.

Luongo needs to better the rest of the way.

I do not understand why the coach hasn't mixed the lines up a bit.

They are home now and a win here changes the momentum back to the Canucks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    bf63faaa-1.jpg

57c8eb9f.jpg

3cdb2d67-1.jpg

f59c33ef-1.jpg

:ugeek:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    bf63faaa-1.jpg

If by this you mean:

A blown 2-0 lead ...
    A shaky goaltender ...
    A nervous fanbase ...
    and a general lack of confidence ...

... then indeed, they have brought that home.

;)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    :lol::lol::lol:

Luongo's still getting the start tonight.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    LuonGOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Remember boys it's still 2 - 2.

Vancouver comes out and puts 2 in early, all that momentum is long gone.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    jimed14 wrote:
    bf63faaa-1.jpg

If by this you mean:

A blown 2-0 lead ...
    A shaky goaltender ...
    A nervous fanbase ...
    and a general lack of confidence ...

... then indeed, they have brought that home.

;)

....and scoring only 5 goals in 4 games
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    Simple reasons. West plays Euro hockey. The East plays in your face tough hockey. Vancouver helped wake the Bear and now they are paying the price. The toughest team in the East makes it the farthest in the playoffs. Boston beat a more skilled team in Buffalo last year because they are all 5ft tall except Myers. Devils won cups because of Marty and the mean bastards in Stevens and Daneyko. You have to step it up like the Ducks did when they won. They got mean and nasty. Without being cheap..like bitting.
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    The Fixer wrote:
    Another Canuck Turtle

33d8u0x.jpg

haha, that is funny.

If I was a vancouver player on the ice when marchant pulled that shit he would have been dead.
    oh.. And that is awesome
    canucks-diving-hockeyshtuffs1.jpg

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lucic is awful! ... haha ..
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    talk about intense....

what a series
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    He hasn't scored a goal, but Mason Raymond has been the player this Bruins fan is most impressed with tonight.

Just making things happen every time he's on the ice.

• Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Canucks Win!! Whooooo hoooo!!! :D
    Exciting game.

Thomas was enormous ... but, so was Luongo.

Bruins need that home edge one more time to force a game 7.

we-believe-bruins1.jpg?w=300&h=77

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    edited June 2011
    The BRUINS have the ability to comeback win at home and finish game 7 in the same style like Orr did against the Blues in '70. BTW great game by both teams and goalies, Luango came back strong to put the Nucks on top.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    amazing sport.....luongo plays great..then like shit...then brillant tonight

what does game 6 hold for us

hopefully the cup on the ice :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • coastercoaster Posts: 24
    That's the Luongo that we win with :D Go Nucks!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Woo fucking hoo!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Awesome game tonight. Let's go 'Nucks!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Really got a kick out of Lucic tonight with the green men.
    Let's not forget where he comes from ;)

Great game again by both goalies....
    Wowwwwzas.

LET'S GO BOYS!
    GANBATTE!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    Huge win for the Canucks..........WhooooooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo :D
    This was another awesome game, both goaies played amazing. I want the Canucks to win, but I want to see a game 7. The way this series has gone, I think game 7 would be unbelievable :thumbup:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    jimed14 wrote:
    canucks-diving-hockeyshtuffs1.jpg

awesome
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    The never say die BRUINS will be back and force a game 7. I better have my aspirin ready for that game though....oh and have some oxygen ready just in case it goes OT.

Go B's GO!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Hard to believe the Canucks have only scored 5 goals in the series and is up 3-2. Awesome job Lu...great bounce back game...I keep thinking Vancouver might break out and score a bunch, game 6 would be a good time. The twins look just like they did when they broke into the league...like deer caught in headlights. If Vancouver wins the cup it looks like LU will have to be a monster again...and despite his poor performances in Boston, he'd have to be playoff MVP, or give it to Thomas win or lose...but it's not like Vancouver is making life difficult for him, he see's every shot. GO CANUCKS GO.