Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    cbc.jpg
    georgia.jpg
    georgia and hamilton :shock:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Hard to believe the Canucks have only scored 5 goals in the series and is up 3-2. Awesome job Lu...great bounce back game..

mind blowing indeed. you let in 12 goals in two games, and two other games are 1-0 shutouts, just bizarre.

ONE MORE WIN BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This run has been too magical not to win it, we must. Monday night we take the cup in beantown.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:
    cbc.jpg
    georgia.jpg

Saw that on the CBC last night...that was awesome...really hope they win the cup...win Game 6 in Boston...that would be awesome.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    cbc.jpg
    georgia.jpg

Saw that on the CBC last night...that was awesome...really hope they win the cup...win Game 6 in Boston...that would be awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7jL9gHJLj8
    8-)

Will be at rogers arena for the viewing party on monday. Hope they take it in 6 too.... too nerve-racking to hope for a win at home :S
    GO CANUCKS!
    I think i've said it before but I love how our Punjabi community has become such a huge part of our fan base
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwk1sZjkjBM

I don't know I guess maybe it's because of my job and stuff but I have a few Afghani students in the ESL class I TA that get soo into it, and I think its just the coolest blend of cultures.

Watching my dad scream at the TV in angry Japanese is fun too :lol::lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... i'm not sure i where that proof is ... i read the link and they don't mention anything about getting rid of hitting ...

in any case - this admiring the pass is sooo absurd ... you can argue that maybe he should have had his head forward in case someone decides to hit him late ... but as i've asked over and over again ... what part of the pass is there to admire!?? ... he's seeing how the play is developing where the puck is ...
    i don't even think he was admiring the pass. it was a clean open ice hit as far as i'm concerned. was his elbow high, sure was, but again if you leave yourself open like that you deserve to get hit. the hit was no different then what stevens did on lindros way back when and anyother old time hockey hit. call me old school or whatever you want but to me thats hockey. the nhl is becoming like euro hockey. hell why the nhl is at it, why not ban fighting and make the players wear full cage helemts :roll: :roll:.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

lukin2006 wrote:

Don't feel sorry for me...you got the same choice we do...change the channel if you don't want to hear them, Cherry is very popular over here, with Cherry you either love or hate him.
    kinda hard to do when you want pre, during and post game analysts.

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    metsfan wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... i'm not sure i where that proof is ... i read the link and they don't mention anything about getting rid of hitting ...

in any case - this admiring the pass is sooo absurd ... you can argue that maybe he should have had his head forward in case someone decides to hit him late ... but as i've asked over and over again ... what part of the pass is there to admire!?? ... he's seeing how the play is developing where the puck is ...
    i don't even think he was admiring the pass. it was a clean open ice hit as far as i'm concerned. was his elbow high, sure was, but again if you leave yourself open like that you deserve to get hit. the hit was no different then what stevens did on lindros way back when and anyother old time hockey hit. call me old school or whatever you want but to me thats hockey. the nhl is becoming like euro hockey. hell why the nhl is at it, why not ban fighting and make the players wear full cage helemts :roll: :roll:.
    I believe that Lindros was looking at his feet/puck when Stevens leveled him...would not be called interference even in today's NHL.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Don't feel sorry for me...you got the same choice we do...change the channel if you don't want to hear them, Cherry is very popular over here, with Cherry you either love or hate him.

Like I said...I like Cherry...he talks about the issues...tells it like it is...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeqzYgTELk

Looks to me like the puck was not on Lindros stick...but hr did have his head down.

But it doesn't matter the NHL had a lot more leniency regarding late hits. But there is no way Rome deserved a 4 game suspension...1 maybe 2.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Like I said...I like Cherry...he talks about the issues...tells it like it is...
    never ever actually heard cherry. damn me for being born in the wrong country. lol

metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    never ever actually heard cherry. damn me for being born in the wrong country. lol

The issues that Cherry talks about, get rid of the instigator rule, then a lot of nonsense will disappear...get rid of that body armour that they call shoulder pads, wants automatic icing...someone's going to really get hurt chasing the puck behind the net, guys already have.

With Cherry you either like him or you don't...

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,679
    metsfan wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I agree to a point. The hit was very late and Rome kind of launched himself high. The result was a severe concussion and I dont have too much of a problem with the NHL punishing the result.

however, I do not feel that it was a crime against humanity. Horton was watching his pass and lost track of where the LD was. If Rome was a split second earlier, it would have been the same result, but a cleaner hit.

I have no problem with the punishment in this case.

what is up with NBC making Vancouver look like a bunch of classless monsters anyways? People are talking like they are the Broad Street Bullies reborn or something. NBC's crew is almost past the point of being professional.
    lukin2006 wrote:

The issues that Cherry talks about, get rid of the instigator rule, then a lot of nonsense will disappear...get rid of that body armour that they call shoulder pads, wants automatic icing...someone's going to really get hurt chasing the puck behind the net, guys already have.

see now all that i agree with him on 100%

MayDay10 wrote:

what is up with NBC making Vancouver look like a bunch of classless monsters anyways? People are talking like they are the Broad Street Bullies reborn or something. NBC's crew is almost past the point of being professional.
    ratings my fellow ny'er ratings and water cooler talk

they aren't even a poor mans 80's isles or 70's Broad Street Bullies or 70's Boston

its actually making me want to turn it off. Its unbearable.

I cant wait until next season,when Ill be in an area where I get the choice between these clowns and CBC.
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Don't worry he has no problem with fighting in the game.

MayDay10 wrote:

I cant wait until next season,when Ill be in an area where I get the choice between these clowns and CBC.

For the most part CBC has done a good job in the finals. Ron McClean is an excellent host...love it when he interviews Bettman, he has has Bettman squirming in his seat a few times.

lukin2006 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Don't worry he has no problem with fighting in the game.
    hahaha cool

lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

For the most part CBC has done a good job in the finals. Ron McClean is an excellent host...love it when he interviews Bettman, he has has Bettman squirming in his seat a few times.

CBC completely puts any US broadcast to shame. National broadcasts on Versus and NBC are embarrassing to me as a hockey fan.

I dont understand why they dont look at CBC and take notes on how to do it right. Doc Emrick has to go too. His voice is grating and he isnt a good pbp announcer. I am hoping Pierre Maguire gets an executive job with a team somewhere. I would wish the same for Milbury but we know that aint happening.

They feel the need to try to create artificial excitement, when they only have to let the game play itself out. An NHL game, especially the finals, has plenty of charge.

Imnot a huge Hughson fan, but Bob Cole is still the man.

and yes, the Bettman interviews are classic. We wont see that on US TV though because they are completely subservient of the NHL.

there are a few decent regional telecasts. Dallas and San Jose come to mind off the top of my head.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am hoping Pierre Maguire gets an executive job with a team somewhere. I would wish the same for Milbury but we know that aint happening.

why would u want that shithead to ruin a team again? if he ever does ruin a team again, i'll hit the owner with a shoe and be damn proud of the jailtime. :P

agree with you Pierre McGuire

MayDay10 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

CBC completely puts any US broadcast to shame. National broadcasts on Versus and NBC are embarrassing to me as a hockey fan.

I dont understand why they dont look at CBC and take notes on how to do it right. Doc Emrick has to go too. His voice is grating and he isnt a good pbp announcer. I am hoping Pierre Maguire gets an executive job with a team somewhere. I would wish the same for Milbury but we know that aint happening.

They feel the need to try to create artificial excitement, when they only have to let the game play itself out. An NHL game, especially the finals, has plenty of charge.

and yes, the Bettman interviews are classic. We wont see that on US TV though because they are completely subservient of the NHL.

there are a few decent regional telecasts. Dallas and San Jose come to mind off the top of my head.

CBC has been at it a long time...we get MaGuire on TSN, can't stand him. I like CBC better than TSN for sure, this is going back a few years but my favourite broadcasters were Danny Gallivan and Dick Irvin, I also liked Gary Dornhoefer as a CBC analyst way back when, no idea a what happened to him.

I'm no fan of the NBC broadcast.

metsfan wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I am hoping Pierre Maguire gets an executive job with a team somewhere. I would wish the same for Milbury but we know that aint happening.

why would u want that shithead to ruin a team again? if he ever does ruin a team again, i'll hit the owner with a shoe and be damn proud of the jailtime. :P

agree with you Pierre McGuire

for one, we wouldnt have to see him on TV again (see John Davidson). for two. that would be one team who is not the Sabres who would be completely obliterated for the forseeable future.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    MayDay10 wrote:

The flag waving by Vs/NBC is also very annoying....this ain't the Olympics, people....it's a league of professionals with players from many different countries on each team....and guess what....not every American likes Boston or their sports teams.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    MayDay10 wrote:

for one, we wouldnt have to see him on TV again (see John Davidson). for two. that would be one team who is not the Sabres who would be completely obliterated for the forseeable future.
    pretty cold of you to want a fanbase/region to go through that again. JD was one of the best. it's rosen i can't stand.

also, why does NBC feel the need to make the score overlay HUGE.... complete with a giant non-transparent NBC logo on one side, and a Stanley Cup Finals Series 2-2 logo on the other side (the entire game). That distracts me.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Mike Milbury is the NHL's answer to Matt Millen.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    I cant believe its possible, but Milbury was 10x worse than Millen in a way.

I guess he got talent in early... which is good... but the machine-like way he would squander everything brings fail to a whole new level.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    what's with the constant praise of cbc? i can't stand their coverage. don cherry, glenn healy, and jim hughson are all awful. the coverage itself looks like it's from the 80's. i guess i'm the only canadian who prefers nbc coverage. it's better looking and i don't have to put up with constant canadian tire and tim horton ads.
    tsn has decent coverage, as does rogers, but pierre mcguire and gord miller are the worst canadians alive. oh my god i hate them. they ruin every world juniors.
    "pierre, who's your monster?"
    "you've been 'dion-ed!'"....

bob mckenzie and ray ferraro kick ASS though
    Yeah Millen was bad, did he take wide receivers in the first round 3 or 4 years in a row. I thought Mike Williams was the worst of the lot, then he found his way back into the league with Seattle and had a decent season last year. At least he got Calvin Johnson right...1 for 3 or 4 isn't bad :lol:.

Milbury was awful as well...but an even worse analyst...from what you guys say JR is bad...don't get to see him though.

Does NBC hockey show a lot of commercials like when other sports that they broadcast? Thats another thing about CBC that I like, they limit the amount of commercials.