NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    A new page deserves seeing this again ... :D
    jimed14 wrote:
    KTFOSEDIN.gif.pagespeed.ce.aR4VL0Mvuk.gif
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The NHL has no consistency at all...this is what drives general managers and coach's and fans crazy.
    This is one of the reasons that Shanahan is taking over for Campbell next year. They do need to get better and more consistent as up to this point, league discipline has been a crapshoot.

Of course, had Horton been able to bounce back up, it probably would have been a 2 or 5 minute penalty and the NHL would not have reviewed the case. The hard, late hit, combined with Horton's head smacking the ice and scrambling his brains warranted a stiffer penalty in my opinion. Sort of like the punishment doled out when you drive over a mailbox vs. a 10 year old kid when being just over the legal limit.

At least with this suspension, the NHL outlined their logic.

They usually outline their logic, but from case to case the logic usually doesn't jive
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    I am curious to know if the Rome hit merits our fans being spit on and have beer poured on them?
    According to the National yesterday some Canucks fans actually had to move from their seats because of abuse from surrounding Boston fans. Also according to the radio some small kid in a Canucks jersey got elbowed in the face purposely by a Bruins fan....

Obviously this doesn't encompass all Boston fans and there are always idiots that make a team's fan base look bad but I really hope that this hit doesn't turn this series ugly. It could have happened to either team, and like I've said before, Boston of all teams should know that.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    There are lugnuts in any crowd ... the stories that came out of Montreal the night Chara hit Pacioretty are equally as dusturbing. No one deserves any of it.

Hell, a few folks in L.A. beat a SF Giants fan near death on opening day of the baseball season.

Can't point out one single fan base, they all have their share of idiots.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    haffajappa wrote:
    I am curious to know if the Rome hit merits our fans being spit on and have beer poured on them?
    According to the National yesterday some Canucks fans actually had to move from their seats because of abuse from surrounding Boston fans. Also according to the radio some small kid in a Canucks jersey got elbowed in the face purposely by a Bruins fan....

Obviously this doesn't encompass all Boston fans and there are always idiots that make a team's fan base look bad but I really hope that this hit doesn't turn this series ugly. It could have happened to either team, and like I've said before, Boston of all teams should know that.

yes boston = drunk fools
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    yes boston = drunk fools

and of course, no one in New York would ever sink so low ... right? :roll:

jimed14 wrote:
    yes boston = drunk fools

nope..we don't hit children

had this happen to a co-worker...

6 yr old son was called every name in the book for wearing a yanks hate up there ... yes 6 yrs old

hence i will never visit
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    horse-blinders.jpg

• Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    2.5 hours to go!
    I got beers in the garage,
    the rabbit ears connected...
    yeah, I said it: rabbit ears!
    I'm still calling Van in 5,
    though it pains me so!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    canucks might have lost this series because of rome....dumbasses
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I sincerely hope that any Vancouver fans sitting in the genral vicinity of Pierre McGuire on Friday night heckle the ever loving shit out of him. I'm surprised he doesn't have his face painted black and gold tonight. I didn't realize that NESN was broadcasting the Stanley Cup Finals in the US but apparantly they are. Between Milbury and McGuire I don't know who is the bigger Bruins fan
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I sincerely hope that any Vancouver fans sitting in the genral vicinity of Pierre McGuire on Friday night heckle the ever loving shit out of him. I'm surprised he doesn't have his face painted black and gold tonight. I didn't realize that NESN was broadcasting the Stanley Cup Finals in the US but apparantly they are. Between Milbury and McGuire I don't know who is the bigger Bruins fan

If Vancouver continues to win none of whatever they say will ever matter.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    thelma and louise

too funny
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I'm not even a fan of either of these teams but I am really starting to hate everything about Boston.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm not even a fan of either of these teams but I am really starting to hate everything about Boston.

welcome to the club
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow

best of 3
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Heisenberg wrote:

Funny, this series/playoff is turning me the opposite way. I sorta liked Vancouver going into these playoffs, but I can't stand them now.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    :(
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Vancouver has looked like fools the past two games. Boston has skated circles around them. Sure, Van's shots on goal were higher, but so what if all you're doing is shooting from the blue line without any screen? useless.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Heisenberg wrote:

Funny, this series/playoff is turning me the opposite way. I sorta liked Vancouver going into these playoffs, but I can't stand them now.

These playoffs, especially this series, has resulted in me hating both of these teams. I just can't feel good about cheering for either of them anymore.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    And I've lost almost all respect I had for the Sedin twins.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Heisenberg wrote:

Nothing new there but if the NUcks take the Cup you should feel much better.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

These playoffs, especially this series, has resulted in me hating both of these teams. I just can't feel good about cheering for either of them anymore.

I'm not there yet with the hate...but not a very good finals for the NHL...the amount selling penalties that both these teams have been doing is embarrassing.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    In my book the NHL proved that they are the worst run league in pro sports. Don Cherry discussing Rome discipline said the suspension should have been 2 games, then Ron McClean mentioned that Mike Murphy consulted Burke from the Maple Leafs before suspending Rome. What kind of league consult other teams general managers before handing out discipline...it's also no secrete that Burke and Gillis don't see eye to eye.

Of course Cherry went to ballistic...and basically said how wrong it was.

The on after 40 minutes on CBC McClean interviewed Ken Holland of Detroit and Rob Blake...and Holland admitted he's been consulted by Campbell about discipline...wtf.

That league has very little integrity as of now...and the the cup finals should be your finest moment of the year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    jimed14 wrote:
    yes boston = drunk fools

nope..we don't hit children

had this happen to a co-worker...

6 yr old son was called every name in the book for wearing a yanks hate up there ... yes 6 yrs old

hence i will never visit

Darn I will miss you then.
    You sound like such a NICE guy.
    Don Cherry on Rome suspension and those ridiculous shoulder pads.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/122128 ... 1982244711

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    lukin2006 wrote:
    In my book the NHL proved that they are the worst run league in pro sports. Don Cherry discussing Rome discipline said the suspension should have been 2 games, then Ron McClean mentioned that Mike Murphy consulted Burke from the Maple Leafs before suspending Rome. What kind of league consult other teams general managers before handing out discipline...it's also no secrete that Burke and Gillis don't see eye to eye.

Of course Cherry went to ballistic...and basically said how wrong it was.

The on after 40 minutes on CBC McClean interviewed Ken Holland of Detroit and Rob Blake...and Holland admitted he's been consulted by Campbell about discipline...wtf.

That league has very little integrity as of now...and the the cup finals should be your finest moment of the year.
    i feel sorry for you that you have to listen to cherry. it's almost like american viewers putting up with Jones, JR or shithead milbury
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    The Fixer wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

welcome to the club
    :lol: Too funny. Well played. We love you too!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Heisenberg wrote:
    shithead milbury is. grew up in boston, played all of his years with boston, works as an analyst for nesn.

also Chara is the biggest pussy i've ever seen. just once i'd like to see him hit someone instead of pushing them. i'm no fan of boston at all but seeing his play makes me happy shithead milbury traded him away.

polaris_x wrote:

the hit was late ... this isn't roller derby ... a guy has to have a chance to protect himself or avoid the hit ... no one wants to take out the physicality of the game but hits like that don't make the game any better all they will do is put more guys on the IR for a lot longer ...
    not denying the hit was late but when you stop in between the blue lines or have your head down or admire the pass you deserve to get hit hard.

so you don't think people wanna take hitting outta the game, heres your proof people do

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/4 ... -rule.html

brian burke is dead on. hell lets make the rinks bigger while at it and get rid of fighting and be totally euro hockey. 17.gif