NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    lukin2006 wrote:
    .at times I think Milbury is just the worst analyst in hockey.

Uh...Aren't we forgetting someone?

jeremy-roenick.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    .at times I think Milbury is just the worst analyst in hockey.

Uh...Aren't we forgetting someone?

jeremy-roenick.jpg

I forgot about him...he's bad to...however I don't see him often, thankfully CBC and TSN don't employ him. Don Cherry though is my favourite, he tells it like it is, there is no middle ground with Cherry...you either love him or hate him. Another 1 I can't stomach is Mickey Redmond.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    jimed14 wrote:
    Yeah, it's probably good that those north of the border don't get the NBC coverage ... Milbury is certainly showing his Bruins roots ... I mean, I love the guy, but even I'll admit he's been far from impartial with this series.

We do get NBC coverage, but I don't think anyone would actually choose to watch their coverage over the CBC ;):D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    jimed14 wrote:
    Yeah, it's probably good that those north of the border don't get the NBC coverage ... Milbury is certainly showing his Bruins roots ... I mean, I love the guy, but even I'll admit he's been far from impartial with this series.

We do get NBC coverage, but I don't think anyone would actually choose to watch their coverage over the CBC ;):D
    Watching hockey and soccer with american networks is the WORST.
    Although it is hilarious the way they pronounce some of the names.
    HamHOOOOS.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    i watch the nbc coverage. don cherry and glenn healy (who is canadas version of mike millbury) ruin the coverage.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

HamHOOOOS.

I don't watch soccer, so I'll take your word for it...but NBC suck at hockey coverage. The only 2 analyst I don't like on Canada is McGuire and McKenzie and it has nothing to do whether they know their stuff or not, they just annoy me.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    HamHOOOOS.

I don't watch soccer, so I'll take your word for it...but NBC suck at hockey coverage. The only 2 analyst I don't like on Canada is McGuire and McKenzie and it has nothing to do whether they know their stuff or not, they just annoy me.
    My favourites are Shorty, John Garrett and Jim Hughson ... I looove John Garrett but admit he shows Canuck biases from time to time too.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I dare one of you Vancouver fans to defend that total cheap shot on Nathan Horton.

Fucking punk ass move.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    Big time cheap shot
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Seriously hope he's ok.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that's pathetic
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,597
    this game being televised nationally tonight?
    www.myspace.com
    this game being televised nationally tonight?

Vs.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    haffajappa wrote:
    My favourites are Shorty, John Garrett and Jim Hughson ... I looove John Garrett but admit he shows Canuck biases from time to time too.
    Ahhh....John Garrett....a beloved former Birmingham Bull :mrgreen: :ugeek:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    jimed14 wrote:
    I dare one of you Vancouver fans to defend that total cheap shot on Nathan Horton.

Fucking punk ass move.
    Can you give us a little more credit than that? :roll: At least for most of us posting on this board I think you can admit we're pretty good sports.

Anyways, Rome has taken 3 stupid penalties in the last two games if i'm not mistaken. I'm not a Rome fan at all, I don't understand why Vigneault hates Ballard so much. I expect Rome to take stupid penalties by this point but this one was ridiculous. I really hope Horton is OK.
    Just me being bitter ... moreso with the Bruins not being able to score on the powerplay.

Please don't take it personal.

edited June 2011
    jimed14 wrote:
    Just me being bitter ... moreso with the Bruins not being able to score on the powerplay.

Post edited by haffajappa on
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Its ok we can make up when you buy me that beer ;)

Assume you're getting pretty thirsty up 2 - 0 .... :lol:

.... :|

.... :(

edited June 2011
    jimed14 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Assume you're getting pretty thirsty up 2 - 0 .... :lol:

.... :|

.... :(
    the chicago series is any indication that you can never be too far ahead!!!!!!! ;)
    Post edited by haffajappa on
    they just said horton can move all his extremities... that's good news.
    hopefully he will be ok.

i'm glad Rome is suspended. Suspend him for the rest of the series for all I care.
    haffajappa wrote:
    i'm glad Rome is suspended. Suspend him for the rest of the series for all I care.

That's the thing that gets me ... it's such a great trade off for the Canucks. Makes it almost worth it.

Looks like Vancouver woke up the beast!

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Hey Vancouver,

How does the Bruins ass taste?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Milbury is such a homer
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i love the hate building up...but these guys look like assholes with the fingers in the mouth...enough

if that was me i would bite it the fuck off :lol: hence i could never play pro...not enough self control in a brew haha
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    stay classy vancouver

love your city, but

you guys must hate your hockey team

buncha punks

lucic just bitched burrows, love it

b' in 6
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Man the BRUINS are pissed off tonight and mean it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

not to mention this is why our sport will never be accepted by the casual fan

we all the love the rough stuff and i really don't care about what people think ..but the average person thinks this is whacky :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ed243421 wrote:
    stay classy vancouver

love your city, but

you guys must hate your hockey team

buncha punks

lucic just bitched burrows, love it

b' in 6

and stuck his fingers in his mouth like a douche...enough

kill each other but enough of that
    Way to win with class Boston. You are skunking Vancouver and instead of letting that fester and get into their heads you have to act like a bunch meatheated frat boys on ice. A 5-1 beating more than proves your point but instead your dumb asses give Vancouver motivation to come back strong in game 4 by acting like barbarians. Let your talking be done on the ice and shut the fuck up.