stay classy vancouver

love your city, but

you guys must hate your hockey team

buncha punks

lucic just bitched burrows, love it

b' in 6

and stuck his fingers in his mouth like a douche...enough

kill each other but enough of that

Seriously? Did you feel the same way when LaPierre was doing it last game as a taunt?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jimed14 wrote:
    ed243421 wrote:
    stay classy vancouver

love your city, but

you guys must hate your hockey team

buncha punks

lucic just bitched burrows, love it

b' in 6

and stuck his fingers in his mouth like a douche...enough

kill each other but enough of that

Seriously? Did you feel the same way when LaPierre was doing it last game as a taunt?

totally

the bruins did it back..now enough

it just makes our sport look silly
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

you were right when you said the casual fan will never get it ... they never will.

It's like when they tried to make Vegas kid friendly ...just not worth the effort, it'll never happen.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

you were right when you said the casual fan will never get it ... they never will.

It's like when they tried to make Vegas kid friendly ...just not worth the effort, it'll never happen.

and i really don't care ..it will always be my fav

but now i know i will be having an argument at work tomorrow morning over all this :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited June 2011
    jesus christ....

the nuckleheads are shitting themselves at the moment

the bruins are pissing on them ...literally pissing on them
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NBC/Versus couldn't cover a gang-bang...awful...other than Doc on the play-by-play....this ain't the Olympics or Notre Dame football....drop the bias/flag-waving :evil:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    luongo is all done this series
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Well, the Bruins need to realize, they are still DOWN 2 games to 1

HUGE effin win, no doubt ... and it's really nice to see the Luongo dazed and confused face in action ... but, the B's are still down.

Jesus, the B's scored again as I was typing this.

i wish game 4 was 2am ;):mrgreen:

hmnnn will this re-motivate van or did they just get punked out of the series

we shall see

now i can sleep ..peace out ya'll
  • coastercoaster Posts: 24
    Good win by Boston, no doubt but they had better watch out. I watched all the games Van played this year and they didn't win the Presidents trophy by backing down. The taunting and extra chirping will come back to bite the Bruins if they're not careful. Get ready Boston cause the Nucks will come out flying next game.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    think rome will get 2 games ...
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Well . . . that sucked :(

I gave up watching after the first goal in the third. I hope that Horton is going to be okay.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

PSA: PLEASE DON'T DRINK & DRIVE PEOPLE!!!!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • what were they thinking keeping Lu in there to take 8 goals. the team gave up in the second period. he was the sacrificial lamb, and they need his confidence to be healthy in order to win that cup.

stupid stupid stupid.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Well . . . that sucked :(

I gave up watching after the first goal in the third. I hope that Horton is going to be okay.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

PSA: PLEASE DON'T DRINK & DRIVE PEOPLE!!!!
    its all my fault i went to the bar for the 2nd period and 3rd, then we all watched in dismay.
    honestly though, by the time it was 5-1, i didn't care if it was 6 7 8 100-1... its still the same loss, they gave up by the fifth goal anyways.

needless to say game 3's are not our thing.
    its ok... every game is a new game :)
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    KTFOSEDIN.gif.pagespeed.ce.aR4VL0Mvuk.gif

jimed14 wrote:
    KTFOSEDIN.gif.pagespeed.ce.aR4VL0Mvuk.gif
    lol i like on the tv they said saves 20-something hits: 1
    any word on horton?
    Horton is staying in the hospital overnight for observation.

• BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,688
    Well the Bruins got one back, I thought the game was pretty close until the 3rd goal by Boston. It was back and forth, great action, awesome saves, this is turning out to be a great series.
    I don't think Rome should get any games personally. I thought it was a clean hit, Horton got caught in the trolley tracks admiring his pass. I hope he is alright and returns for game 4. But, the player has to keep his head up. If I was playing the game (especially Stanley Cup) and I had that chance to lay someone out, wouldn't hesitate for a second.
    Well bring on game 4 Go Canucks Go
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • BLACK35 wrote:
    I don't think Rome should get any games personally. I thought it was a clean hit, Horton got caught in the trolley tracks admiring his pass. I hope he is alright and returns for game 4. But, the player has to keep his head up. If I was playing the game (especially Stanley Cup) and I had that chance to lay someone out, wouldn't hesitate for a second.
    Well bring on game 4 Go Canucks Go

I honestly don't think there was anything "clean" about that hit. Rome gave him a shoulder to the head a full
    2-3 seconds after Horton gave the puck up and to expect him to be anticipating a shoulder to the head in
    that situation is a little unreasonable. Lay someone out if you get the chance, sure, but it should be done
    within the rules of the game and this "KO" was not within those rules.
    I don't think it warrants a suspension either, the major, game and the fact that it woke up the Bruins for
    that game is enough of a penalty.
    the consensus is that the hit was dirty by pretty much everyone ... nhl standards say you have 0.5 seconds ... the frame by frame timing had the hit at almost 1 full second ... and he lifted up - clearing targeting the upper body ... i'm guessing he wasn't going for the head per se but trying to knock the wind out of him ...

in any case - he'll be suspended ... which is not really that big of a deal if horton is out for the remainder of the series ...

also - i heard luongo didn't want to be pulled ...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    polaris_x wrote:
    the consensus is that the hit was dirty by pretty much everyone ... nhl standards say you have 0.5 seconds ... the frame by frame timing had the hit at almost 1 full second ... and he lifted up - clearing targeting the upper body ... i'm guessing he wasn't going for the head per se but trying to knock the wind out of him ...
    If the puck was anywhere near Horton, then it would have been a clean hard hit. The puck wasn't near him though and Rome had time to adjust but was probably jacked up on adrenaline and finished the hit. Too bad as I don't imagine we will be seeing Horton cleared until later this summer.

I think a 2 game minimum suspension is warranted as well. If they kicked him out for the rest of the playoffs, I wouldn't raise an eyebrow.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Well it's official, Horton is out for the remainder of the playoffs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/news/story?id=6634296
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    If Rome is suspended...then Vancouver inserts Ballard...I like Ballard better anyways...from what I understand Vancouver is very deep defensively anyways...he does deserve to be suspended and probably will be. Doesn't matter if you lose 1-0, 2-1 or 8-1, Vancouver needs to regroup and come out hard the next game.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    As stated earlier, you're trading a marginal 'healthy scratch' type player for the Bruins #2 scorer in the playoffs. almost made it worth it. Still stunned anyone would call that a clean hit.

They'll probably suspend Rome, especially with all the negative vibe the league got for not suspending Burrows and then having him go on to be an impact player in the next game.

Sucks for the B's, but, can't cry about it now, there's a cup on the line. Use it as motivation and move on.

What I did like is that Julien gave both Recchi and Lucic a ration of shit after the game about the hands in the face bit, so, that shit will stop as well.

I wonder if the Bruins consulted Dr. Recchi...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

well i'm going to rogers arena tomorrow. better game 3 to lose 8-1 than game 4 when i'll be there :D;)
    that's a shame about horton.
    you never want to see anyone hurt like that.
    Rome got 4 games ...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368125

really tho ... at this stage ... the length of suspension was inconsequential ... B's will need to put Seguin back in the lineup and soldier on ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Rome got 4 games ...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368125

really tho ... at this stage ... the length of suspension was inconsequential ... B's will need to put Seguin back in the lineup and soldier on ...

The NHL is so inconsistent with their rulings anyways...but from a bruins standpoint, hardly an even trade off.

• fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    seems fair.. boston looses one of their top players and vancouver loses a pylon.
    i hope that cheap shot, the burrows biting incident (and lack of suspension), and the dives the canucks are taking wakes the bruins up.
    To me thats really good news for Vancouver that Rome is gone...this will force Vancouver to use Ballard, who for some reason is in the coach's dog house...but I like Ballard.