NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    good for the nhl not suspending raffi torres.. i mean, it's not like seabrook was blindsided, hit in the head, and didn't have the puck.

Coming from the guy who celebrated the Chara cheap shot about five pages ago. . . :roll:

Torres should be done for the season. The fact that he wasn't even ejected from the game is a joke. There might as well not even be refs on the ice, because the players do what they want. Pretty soon we'll be renaming the Masterton trophy because someone else is going to die on the ice if the NHL allows this nonsense to continue.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i dunno ... the puck was in the vicinity ... and torres doesn't lift his elbows or anything to go directly for the head ...
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Bruce Boudreau on playing at MSG

"Well, the one thing, its reputation is far better than the actual building," Boudreau said. "I mean, it’s nothing. The locker rooms are horrible. The benches are horrible. There’s no room for anything. But the reputation of being in Madison Square Garden is what makes it famous. Also, our building’s a lot louder, too. So I mean, they can say what they want, but it’s not that loud in there."

Way to get 'em fired up for Game 4 Bruce.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I'm an Oilers fan....I will NEVER cheer for another NHL team. The last thing I want is my Canuck-fan friends to rub in a Cup until the Oilers win one again in 3 yrs or so...I don't want to hear them talk about how 'their' team brought it back to Canada. I will never cheer for the sisters, and I would never expect (or want) a Canucks fan to cheer for the Oil...sacrilege, I say!

oh, aaaaaand....what's with everyone praising the Vancouver anthem guy over the crowd sing-along thing? How quickly everyone forgets.....That's OUR opera-dudes trademark! Donnelly wishes he was Paul Lorieau! ;)
    polaris_x wrote:
    i dunno ... the puck was in the vicinity ... and torres doesn't lift his elbows or anything to go directly for the head ...

And that's why he's not getting suspended. He targets the body 100% of the way and doesn't even try to play the puck. Intent to injure may not be black and white, but it sure looked like Torres had no other intentions. It wasn't a smart play and the fact that he's fresh off an earlier suspension isn't exactly a mitigating factor. I think when it comes down to it the reason he's home free is because Bettman has no balls.
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    I'm an Oilers fan....I will NEVER cheer for another NHL team. The last thing I want is my Canuck-fan friends to rub in a Cup until the Oilers win one again in 3 yrs or so...I don't want to hear them talk about how 'their' team brought it back to Canada. I will never cheer for the sisters, and I would never expect (or want) a Canucks fan to cheer for the Oil...sacrilege, I say!

oh, aaaaaand....what's with everyone praising the Vancouver anthem guy over the crowd sing-along thing? How quickly everyone forgets.....That's OUR opera-dudes trademark! Donnelly wishes he was Paul Lorieau! ;)

thank you. i'm glad another canadian has logic. it's the maple leafs (for me) or no one. i'd rather see the nhl fold than cheer for another (esp canadian) team. congrats on the #1 pick again, you bastard lol

and does anyone else want to see anthems stop being played at games? am i the only one who thinks it's a tradition that is just plain stupid?
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Big Drop wrote:
    And that's why he's not getting suspended. He targets the body 100% of the way and doesn't even try to play the puck. Intent to injure may not be black and white, but it sure looked like Torres had no other intentions. It wasn't a smart play and the fact that he's fresh off an earlier suspension isn't exactly a mitigating factor. I think when it comes down to it the reason he's home free is because Bettman has no balls.

i dunno ... from my objective opinion (having no personal interest in vancouver or chicago) - it looked like a hockey play ... seabrook has to have his head up ... it's sort of like throwing a football across the middle ... this is the playoffs and hitting is a big part of it ... all the pundits say it all the time ... it's a fine line between being aggressive and helping your team and crossing over ...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

thank you. i'm glad another canadian has logic. it's the maple leafs (for me) or no one. i'd rather see the nhl fold than cheer for another (esp canadian) team. congrats on the #1 pick again, you bastard lol

and does anyone else want to see anthems stop being played at games? am i the only one who thinks it's a tradition that is just plain stupid?
    Ya, if the Oil ever moved, I'd just stop following the NHL and watch major junior, or whatever level of hockey we ended up with here.
    Anthems - I could do without the displays of nationalism. No reason for it, really.
    And thanks! I wouldn't want to be a scout for the Oil this year...there is no clear cut #1 choice, so they're gonna be scrutinized even worse this year than they were with the Hall/Seguin drama.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,476
    Hopefully tonight will be the night.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    demetrios wrote:
    Hopefully tonight will be the night that boston goes down 3-0.

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lindy Ruff looking dapper tonight.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

dream on :)
    donnelly started that ages ago, this is by far not the first season he's done it.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

Ya, if the Oil ever moved, I'd just stop following the NHL and watch major junior, or whatever level of hockey we ended up with here.
    Anthems - I could do without the displays of nationalism. No reason for it, really.
    And thanks! I wouldn't want to be a scout for the Oil this year...there is no clear cut #1 choice, so they're gonna be scrutinized even worse this year than they were with the Hall/Seguin drama.
    its funny that when they moved the grizzlies out of vancouver i don't think anyone even noticed :?
    move one of our hockey teams in this country, and there'd be chaos!
    well they did try that once and now they're moving it back anyways.

take that, bettman. SWINE!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    haffajappa wrote:
    its funny that when they moved the grizzlies out of vancouver i don't think anyone even noticed :?
    move one of our hockey teams in this country, and there'd be chaos!
    well they did try that once and now they're moving it back anyways.

take that, bettman. SWINE!

bettman's an agent of chaosssssss-ah
    Heisenberg wrote:

Just wait until the second period. He can progress from dapper to grizzled very quickly.
    Big Drop wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Just wait until the second period. He can progress from dapper to grizzled very quickly.

He lloks like he's gonna do a set at the Copa after the game.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

He lloks like he's gonna do a set at the Copa after the game.

I'd buy a ticket.
    For the record Big Drop you and I are getting worked over in the 5 Hole Against 1 Playoff Hockey Challenge right now.
    Heisenberg wrote:
    For the record Big Drop you and I are getting worked over in the 5 Hole Against 1 Playoff Hockey Challenge right now.

Ha! I saw! I think Mayday is cheating. No way he should have picked Neuvirth as his goalie. If Varlamov ended up starting he would have been screwed. Thems the breaks I guess. :roll:
    Some nasty dirty hits in the tb pitt series
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

That series needs to take some lithium because it's extraordinarily bipolar. It'll go to a game seven and one team is going to win that game 8-1.
    Did you see thit on gagne? Or the downy launch
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Downie might want to get the gold clubs out. He could be off the ice for a while.
    81 wrote:
    Did you see thit on gagne? Or the downy launch

I haven't seen any of the hits but after the Sabres game it's the first think I'll do.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:

I agree. I don't think it was dirty.

but society doens't allow violence, so there will be reprecussions. sad
    Big Drop wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

these kinds of hits have been going on for years. when stevens knocked lindros out in the playoffs I didn't cry. that was a clean hit. when umberger got knocked out by campbell that was a clean hit as well.

society has become pussified. now when someone gets hurt everyone cries for a suspension or penalty. there are no such things as good hits anymore (in the NHL or NFL).

soon all sports will be non-contact. that will be fun :?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    how shocking shittsburgh is involved in dirty hits :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I tried bringing up this up over the weekend. I don't get the canadiens trying to incorporate a sense of civic pride. I could never root for the pens or rangers or devils or leafs or habs. I don't care what country they represent or how many americans are on those teams. I will always hate them all.
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    how shocking shittsburgh is involved in dirty hits :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Agreed. I hear they hate puppies in Pittsburgh too.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Heisenberg wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

Agreed. I hear they hate puppies in Pittsburgh too.
    thats not cool :evil:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?