NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    haffajappa wrote:
    nice reffing. :roll:

Yeah, it's been really outstanding tonight :roll: ;)
    sometimes the conspiracy theorist deep down inside of me wonders if bettman made the call to have the game called the way that suited his interests.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    GOAL!!!!! :D

Yeah, I kinda wonder the same thing Haffa :?

EDIT: Woo Hoo! GOAL!!!! (again) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    haffajappa wrote:

Dude, if Vancouver makes it to the finals, you're going to have to learn to get used to it. It was always my understanding that penalties are called when there is an infraction of the rules. What I've learned so far from the playoffs this year is that penalties are called when the referees think the game needs to be more exciting.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
    Big Drop wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Dude, if Vancouver makes it to the finals, you're going to have to learn to get used to it. It was always my understanding that penalties are called when there is an infraction of the rules. What I've learned so far from the playoffs this year is that penalties are called when the referees think the game needs to be more exciting.
    Oh i'm used to it.
    I'm used to the sleazeballs in parliament too, doesn't stop me from screaming about them ;)
    GOAL!!!!! :D

Yeah, I kinda wonder the same thing Haffa :?

EDIT: Woo Hoo! GOAL!!!! (again) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Lol my living room went something like this:
    we decided to make tacos, and when they were ready, we took our first few bites, and we scored.
    "GOOD LUCK TACOOOOOOOOOS!"
    then my brother ate a cupcake our friend brought over
    and we scored.

"GOOD LUCK CUPCAAAAAAKES!!!"
    haffajappa wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Oh i'm used to it.
    I'm used to the sleazeballs in parliament too, doesn't stop me from screaming about them ;)

I've never yelled at anything as much as I've yelled at my TV so far this year. Just no fucking continuity at all. The refs have no clue as to what they are doing and they have no accountability for their actions. A referee broke his ankle in the Washington NY game today. I stood up and cheered.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    nyr baby
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I know the reffing can have you shake your head at times, but these are the very best refs in the world, bar none. And almost every time after I scream at the ref I try to remind myself this is also one of the fastest games in the world and the refs only get 1 look.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Where the HELL is the on-screen penalty clock? It's been annoying the crap out of me the whole freakin' game :x :x :x
    hawks season on the line...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Good job Canucks, bring the cup back to Canada!!!!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Phew! :mrgreen:

GO 'NUCKS GO!!!!
    Where the HELL is the on-screen penalty clock? It's been annoying the crap out of me the whole freakin' game :x :x :x
    that's what we were wondering!
    if this is CBC trying to be 'edgy' its a big time fail.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Good game between the Canucks and the refs tonight. 0_o
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lukin2006 wrote:

I still don't understand this line of thinking. I would never pull for the rangers or pens to win the cup. I don't get it, why do you people care if a canadian team wins?
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I still don't understand this line of thinking. I would never pull for the rangers or pens to win the cup. I don't get it, why do you people care if a canadian team wins?
    because Bettman hates Canada.
    and there are only a handfull of Canadian teams compared to US teams.

Even then though, I've routed for american teams over canadian ones in the finals before, depends on what teams are playing.
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

cmon its their life up there....most would rather see the home country win ..unless its a big rival
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

For one I think Vancouver fans deserve the CUP...after all what a GREAT Olympics they gave us...so I want to see the fans rewarded with a long overdue cup.

Another reason I don't like Bettman or the American owners of NHL teams.

Last but not least...the singer of the Canadian national anthem at Canuck games, the best :thumbup:.

• zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'd rather see the cup in the country of Canada instead of any American city. It's just the way it is. Just knowing the cup is in the states is evil.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
    zarocat wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I'd rather see the cup in the country of Canada instead of any American city. It's just the way it is. Just knowing the cup is in the states is evil.

I guess you've had enough time to make your peace then considering it's been here since 1993.
  • The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

How did you feel when the Blue Jays won back-to-back world series in the 90's? Tell me you didn't
    think the baseball world was a little out of whack when that happened.
    How about if the Raptors were to ever win an NBA title(hahahahahaha......)
    or if there was an NFL team in Canada and they happened to win a Lambada trophy?

Hockey is Canada's game and the majority of Canadians will root for whichever team from their country that is still in the hunt to win it all because it's the right thing to do.
    It just so happens that this year, there is a Canadian team that stands a great chance at winning it all,
    and I'm not talking about Pepe Lepew and his poutines.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Or what about when the Baltimore Colts won the Grey Cup? The next year all the American franchises in the CFL folded except for Baltimore who moved to Montreal and became the Alouettes..
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

How did you feel when the Blue Jays won back-to-back world series in the 90's? Tell me you didn't
    or if there was an NFL team in Canada and they happened to win a Lambada trophy?

Hockey is Canada's game and the majority of Canadians will root for whichever team from their country that is still in the hunt to win it all because it's the right thing to do.
    It just so happens that this year, there is a Canadian team that stands a great chance at winning it all,

you can't compare the MLB and NHL in canada.
    when it comes to the Jays, they are the only canadian team, so that makes them the face of the country. when it comes to the NHL, there are 6. as a leafs fan, i couldn't care less if another canadian team won the cup because they won it for the city they play in, not for canada.

ps
    don't forget that a canadian started baseball and basketball : )
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

For one I think Vancouver fans deserve the CUP...after all what a GREAT Olympics they gave us...so I want to see the fans rewarded with a long overdue cup.

Another reason I don't like Bettman or the American owners of NHL teams.

Last but not least...the singer of the Canadian national anthem at Canuck games, the best :thumbup:.
    Mark Donnelly FTW!
  • The Fixer wrote:

you can't compare the MLB and NHL in canada.
    when it comes to the Jays, they are the only canadian team, so that makes them the face of the country. when it comes to the NHL, there are 6. as a leafs fan, i couldn't care less if another canadian team won the cup because they won it for the city they play in, not for canada.

ps
    don't forget that a canadian started baseball and basketball : )

I have to disagree on that. If you ask any member of a cup winning team who they won it for,
    I'll bet you dollars to donuts that these are the top 3 answers you will get:

1) My team
    2) My Family
    3) My Country

Winning it for their city is way, way down the list. Just ask about 8 members of last year's
    Chicago Black Hawks.

A Canadian also invented 5 pin bowling, nursing mother breast pads and the zipper but what does
    that have to do with anything?

I have to disagree on that. If you ask any member of a cup winning team who they won it for,

1) My team
    2) My Family
    3) My Country

Winning it for their city is way, way down the list. Just ask about 8 members of last year's
    Chicago Black Hawks.

A Canadian also invented 5 pin bowling, nursing mother breast pads and the zipper but what does

well if you read your post you'd notice that you said something along the lines of how weird it was when the jays won the world series in 92/93, and how weird it would be if the raptors ever win whatever prize the nba gives you for winning. also notice the winking face, it was a bit of a joke.

i'd have to disagree with you, too. where's the celebration taking place? if vancouver wins the cup, will there be a parade in montreal? nope. also, there are players from the united states, and many countries in europe, on every nhl team. does that mean that every country with players on said team wins the cup, too?

1) My team
    2) My Family
    3) My Country

Chicago Black Hawks.

well if you read your post you'd notice that you said something along the lines of how weird it was when the jays won the world series in 92/93, and how weird it would be if the raptors ever win whatever prize the nba gives you for winning. also notice the winking face, it was a bit of a joke.

i'd have to disagree with you, too. where's the celebration taking place? if vancouver wins the cup, will there be a parade in montreal? nope. also, there are players from the united states, and many countries in europe, on every nhl team. does that mean that every country with players on said team wins the cup, too?
    when tampa won the cup weren't like 99% of the team were canadian players...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's a canadian thing. they are all about hockey. i get them wanting to bring the cup back to cananda

as for the nba title or mlb title going to a canadian city, doesn't bother me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • haffajappa wrote:

1) My team
    2) My Family
    3) My Country

Chicago Black Hawks.

when tampa won the cup weren't like 99% of the team were canadian players...

It wasn't quite that high. Actually only 60% of that cup winning team were Canadians but I get what you're saying.

Currently, over 52% of players on active rosters were born in Canada. That number has gradually been getting lower over the years and that can only mean that the sport is growing in other countries which is
    a good thing. Americans currently make up about 22% of active rosters with Sweden,USSR,FInland and
    Chuckleslovakia anywhere from 6-9%.

Hell, even countries like Brazil, France and You-go-slavia are represented.
    good for the nhl not suspending raffi torres.. i mean, it's not like seabrook was blindsided, hit in the head, and didn't have the puck.